Millennium City - Superheros! - Interest Check!

Started by Diesel Heart, September 23, 2015, 10:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesel Heart

MILLENNIUM CITY
The City of the Future

What once was Detroit, Michigan suffered catastrophic destruction at the hands of the most dangerous face known to the modern world, Doctor Destroyer.  It has since been rebuilt thanks to the Millennium Project to become one of the most industrialized cities on the planet with scientific breakthroughs in various fields nearly every other week, hence dubbing it 'The City of the Future'.  While such accomplishments are not to be overlooked, the city also offers the United States the quintessential place of residence for the majority of it's 'superpowered being' population.  This story will revolve around a particular group of heroes who start off as the average citizen and become recognized as vanguards of the cities defense.  Welcome, to Millennium City, heroes!

Intended for a small, free-form sandbox group, this game is taking from a fictional setting created by the creators of the Hero System and Champions 5th Edition.  At the start, the game will have a fixed time flow to enable the characters to be persuaded or coerced into joining forces for the first time;  since this is set up to include a relatively young superhero team (Ages 18 - 25), I as the GM will include the initial crisis the team faces to initiate their super-heroic careers as a team. I would like to put the disclaimer forward stating that these characters are meant to be inexperienced or have very little when it comes to superhero work, however they are more than welcome to understand how to control their powers if you wish to choose that option.

For now, all focus shall be centered within the city itself but I have no qualms about the group eventually venturing further out and take on national or even global threats as a team.  I would not be against introducing other players down the line either but for now, I'm not getting ahead of myself. This will be placed in Extreme Small Groups for the purpose of not limiting my writers/players.  I'd like to put my faith in those interested to be communicative with each other, advocate consensual scenes and reach for maximum creative enjoyment.  When it comes to scenes be them non-consensual or consensual (and I mean characters by that, not players being forced to partake in something they dislike), you are free to create your own private thread and forsake a linear timeline but I'd ask to wait until the initial story is complete where the team meets formally for the first time.  This is to keep the story flowing;  I emphasize story progress and character development over intimacy and smut.

The game will be LGBTQ friendly and all superhero archetypes are welcome, though I am limited players in how many characters they are allowed to play.  As a writer in this game, you will be allowed the following at the start of this game:  You will create your Heroic character to be placed in the team, you are free to create up to two civilian characters that are important to your character and a villain.  The villain may be created but not put into play until after the initial story is complete where the team meets formally for the first time.  When it comes to the two civilian characters, there are no restrictions;  these characters can be a cop, their sister or another family member, their ex-girlfriend/boyfriend or even some crazy homeless guy that can serve as an information broker for a nice little penny.  It's up to you.

I'm not going to be including any information about the city at this moment because I'm gathering an initial interest check into the game but I will include a character sheet below.  If you're interested, post a character sheet below and I welcome any criticisms, comments, questions or otherwise.

-- -- -- Character Creation -- -- --

Writer Name:

Name: What is your character's real name?
Alias/Nickname:  What nicknames or superhero names does your character have?
Identity:  Are they known to be a superhero to the public or do they retain a secret identity?
Citizenship:  Were they born in America or did they move her from another country?

Species:  Human? Mutant?  Alien?  Undead?  Extradimensional?
Weight:
Eyes:
Hair:

Education:  What level of education do they have?  Do they still go to college?
Place of Birth:  Where were they born?
Date of Birth:  What year and day were they born?

Sexuality:
Religion:

Physical Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Powers & Abilities:
+ Main Power:  What is their primary power?  Can you explain how it works?  An example would be: Superstrength
- Sub-Power (If Applicable):  What is a perk or additional power that comes with their Main power?  An example would be:  Denser Muscle Mass.  This would allow the character's overall muscle mass compensate for the ability to hit harder than realistically possible.
+ Secondary Power (If Applicable):
- Sub-Power (If Applicable):

+ Main Skillset:  What is your character best at to fill a niche in the team?  An example would be:  Mechanical Engineering
+ Secondary Skillset:  What else can your character off to a superhero team?  Another example would be:  Knowledge of Martial Arts

Equipment:

Nowherewoman

I am going to toss a book mark and a tentative interest marker here- I really shouldn't take on another game, but several others I was in seem to have sort of petered out.

Couple of questions though:

1)Are you looking for SERIOUS  Champions play, or the rather inane Saturday AM cartoon mashup the MMO was?

2) How much canon knowledge are you expecting? I'm not all that familiar with unsullied Champs lore.

3) Non system, looks like?  While I prefer that personally, how do you intend to resolve the inevitable combat situations?

I love the superhero/villain genre as an RP platform, but I seem to have bad luck with it in group games, so I very much want to look before taking off my shoes and jumping over the ledge...
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Cuchulainn

I would also like to post my interest and I would also like to hear those questions answered.

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Nowherewoman on September 23, 2015, 12:47:27 PM
I am going to toss a book mark and a tentative interest marker here- I really shouldn't take on another game, but several others I was in seem to have sort of petered out.

Couple of questions though:

1)Are you looking for SERIOUS  Champions play, or the rather inane Saturday AM cartoon mashup the MMO was?

2) How much canon knowledge are you expecting? I'm not all that familiar with unsullied Champs lore.

3) Non system, looks like?  While I prefer that personally, how do you intend to resolve the inevitable combat situations?

I love the superhero/villain genre as an RP platform, but I seem to have bad luck with it in group games, so I very much want to look before taking off my shoes and jumping over the ledge...

1.)  I'm not looking for insane campiness but I'm looking for something lighthearted.  Anti-heroic, gritty characters are acceptable but I'm not looking to involve murderous characters (that are heroes at least, obviously).
2.)  I'm not expecting any actual knowledge of the game.  I'm a rather well versed buff when it comes to the content but I'm not going to restrict someone if they aren't familiar with the lore.  I'll include the basic necessities when I've got enough interest and reiterate things that are important to know during the game as it comes into light.
3.)  No system.  When it comes to combat situations, it will be all freeform with some minor systematic implementations, such as Status Effects, Light GM Autohitting and Action Limitation.  Those are just to prohibit the act of a single character steamrolling an entire combat situation and give everyone a moment and opportunity.  There may be a few other things I'll think of later but I'm not dictating things by dice rolls.

Nowherewoman

Hmm. Light-hearted but still serious-ish.  I can work with that.

I'm thinking maybe a teleporter/stick fighter.  Her power is limited- she can't carry much weight, or anything non-organic when she ports (which can be embarrassing if she's wearing something that doesn't jump with her...). Simple wooden bo, no armor, light clothing. Relies on speed and disorientation; think one part Nightstalker and one part Gambit, without the kinetic abilities.  Would someone like that fit in?
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Nowherewoman on September 23, 2015, 01:54:25 PM
Hmm. Light-hearted but still serious-ish.  I can work with that.

I'm thinking maybe a teleporter/stick fighter.  Her power is limited- she can't carry much weight, or anything non-organic when she ports (which can be embarrassing if she's wearing something that doesn't jump with her...). Simple wooden bo, no armor, light clothing. Relies on speed and disorientation; think one part Nightstalker and one part Gambit, without the kinetic abilities.  Would someone like that fit in?

Sure, just submit the CS to me.

HairyHeretic

I have a character I'd like to use, but not sure how well they'd fit. I'll send you a PM with the details.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Foxy DeVille

Sounds like fun! Let's see how this works for ya...

Writer Name: Foxy Oni

Nude
Name: Abbi Hofmann
Alias/Nickname:  Free Spirit, That Hippie Chick, Abs
Identity:  Public
Citizenship:  American

Species:  Human
Height:  5' 7"
Weight:  117 lbs
Eyes:  Brown
Hair:  Brunette

Education:  High school graduate, a few community college classes, trained and certified in her occupations
Place of Birth:  Yellow Springs, OH
Date of Birth:  May 31, 1996

Sexuality:  Pansexual, very liberal attitude toward sex
Religion:  Jewish by birth, has studied a variety of Eastern and New Age philosophies

Physical Appearance:
Abbi is a stunning nineteen year old girl with a sense of style more at home in the 60's or 70's. She is slim but fit with 34-24-34 measurements and spectacular D cup breasts some people have trouble believing are natural. Her bee-stung lips also attract attention. Abbi has a mellow and easy going demeanor, even when she isn't high. Her speech contains a lot of dated hippie slang. As Free Spirit her "costume" consists of Daisy Duke shorts and a patriotic bikini top or half-tee. 

Personality:
She may have been born in the 90's but Abbi's soul is from the 60's. She is a strong believer in personal freedom and the rights of all people. Sometimes this is in conflict with the law, such as her fondness for recreational drug use and public nudity. She regards authority with some suspicion but avoids being outright antagonistic. In spite of her anti-authority ways, Abbi is a proud American who cherishes the freedoms her forefathers fought for. She prefers peaceful solutions over violence but will do what she has to if need be. As Free Spirit she performs heroics out of a genuine desire to help others. She tries to spend as much time doing activist work as she does battling baddies. Abbi's downtime is usually taken up by sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll. Her taste in pop culture is about fifty years old but her sexual appetites are very modern.   

History:
Abbi's parents are a pair of very liberal civil rights attorneys. They raised their daughter to be open-minded, inquisitive, and independent. She was given guidance more than rules. As a result she adopted a hippie outlook on life. When she was sixteen Abbi was allowed to attend the Burning Man festival. During a drug-fueled orgy in the desert, Abbi suddenly developed her telepathic abilities. She isn't sure if it was due to one mind-altering substance or a combination of them because "dude, I was on a lot of stuff. Like, a LOT."

Abbi knew right away she would use her new abilities to help people. She underwent something resembling a training regime by signing up for self-defense classes and having her parents teach her what they could about the law. Abbi tried college for a bit before deciding none of her classes were helping her. Instead she chose to become a yoga instructor and massage therapist as these jobs would let her set her own hours as well as provide a decent income. When she was nineteen she decided she was ready but that Ohio wasn't where she needed to be. Millennium City in nearby Michigan seemed like it could use some heroes so she packed up her yoga mats and her bongs. While Abbi doesn't bother with a secret identity, she has chosen the name "Free Spirit" to use in her adventures. Thus far her efforts have mostly consisted of defusing situations and comforting others.  But her flower power attitude and revealing outfits has gotten her some press, enough that reporters have learned to stop asking Free Spirit about her origin if they don't want a phone call from the FCC.

Powers & Abilities:
+ Mind Linking:  Free Spirit can connect the consciousnesses of a number of people. This acts as more than telepathy, subjects can experience the emotions and feel the sensations of others. Abbi has to be aware of targets for this power to work. Her normal limit is seven minds but with great concentration can increases it to ten.
- Intuitive Empathy :  Even without linking minds Free Spirit can sometimes sense things about another person and even be alerted to danger before it happens.
+ Mind Over Matter:  Free Spirit has superb mental control over her own physiology. This allows her to resist heat, cold, fatigue, pain, toxins, and disease far more than an ordinary person.
- Adrenaline Rush:  With concentration Free Spirit can undergo a surge in strength, endurance, and durability. This only lasts a few seconds and is physically draining so she uses this only in dire situations.

+ Main Skillset:   While no lawyer, Abbi has learned quite a bit about civil and criminal law. She knows her rights, man. Free Spirit also studies up on local politicians, authority figures, activists, and business people. She has a pretty good idea on who needs to be talked to for what.
+ Secondary Skillset:  Abbi has taken first aid classes, combined with her massage training she can treat most of the bumps and bruises that come from fighting crime. She also knows a lot about alternative medicine as well as more recreational pharmaceuticals. Free Spirit is quite limber from her years of yoga and has trained in Aikido since gaining her powers. Abbi like to bake, although it would be wise to ask about what ingredients she used before indulging, and is a decent acoustic guitar player.

Equipment:
While she never carries weapons, Free Spirit has found a rape whistle and a can of mace to be quite useful. She always has a smartphone with her because she knows the power of social media in battling injustice. Most of the time Abbi has one or more varieties of drugs on her person. Usually this is pot as she has a medical marijuana card after telling a sympathetic doctor that super-heroics has given her PTSD. Sometimes she has LSD or something harder. If expecting trouble she'll carry a first aid kit in a fringed pouch.

Urbanzorro

I'm in! Assuming my character fits with the game you're trying to create.

Writer Name: Urbanzorro
Name: Thomas Sanders
Alias/Nickname:  Nickname:Tom  Alias: The Shade
Identity:  Secret Identity

Species:  Mutation Due to Experimentation
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 195 lbs
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Brown

Education:  Bachelors Degree (History), Working on Doctorate
Place of Birth:  Austin, Tx
Date of Birth:  July 27, 1990

Sexuality: Hetero-Flexable Generally isn't concerned with gender as much as attraction)
Religion: Unsure (Raise Catholic)

Physical Appearance:
Tom has what he could best be called an above average build. While muscular, he is not overly so. Were he to neglect his exercise and martial arts practice he would be more likely to become skinny and lanky rather than large and obese. His face and eyes project a quite self confidence and give him an air of being a bit wiser than he may actually be. He tends to keep his hair neatly cut and his face is rarely seen with anything more than a day or two's worth of stubble. He does not have any tattoos but does have an appendectomy scar as well a long scar running across the width of his left rib cage.

Personality:
Tom is in general a good guy. He is very sympathetic towards those in need, he prefers to make those around him happy, and doesn't wish pain on anyone who isn't deserving of it. However, the way that Tom behaves with people is heavily dictated by just how well he knows those around him. Around those he does not know very well Tom tends to be a bit of a quite person not speaking to a large degree, nor really offering much up about himself. Around those he does know Tom opens up to become a fun, compassionate, goofy, and relatively carefree person who is fond of telling jokes and garnering laughter from others. He has a sarcastic sense of humor that tends to always shine through.

Tom is also possessed of very strong protective instincts, in fact the only way to really make him mad is to threaten or harm those he cares for. When in such a situation Tom can lose his temper quite easily and is more prone to spring into action rather than try and talk things out. All in all one could describe Tom as someone who may appear quite and tough to befriend, but who's friendship is well worth the effort.

History:
Tom was born to a relatively average middle class family in Austin. His father was a city police officer and his mother was a stay at home mom. Tom's childhood was relatively uneventful he grew up in the way that most children did. Come the time Tom reached sixteen years old he still seemed set to live a perfectly ordinary life, he would go to prom, become a senior, go to prom again, graduate high school, attend college, and gain a degree. All was right with the world...

That is until Tom got a job working at what he thought was a small office building but was in fact the front for an organization of several scientists bent on unlocking the secret to creating so called 'meta humans.' Tom of course didn't know anything about this for he was just the night janitor, then one night as Tom was preparing to lock up he heard a sound from the other end of the building. Not wanting to risk his job by potentially leaving the place when there was someone inside who wasn't supposed to be there Tom decided to take a look. What he was to see would in fact change his life.

Upon slowly pushing open the door to the room that he thought he'd heard the noise from Tom, who had been expecting to find a homeless man or thief instead saw that a bookshelf in front of one of the walls had been pulled aside to reveal a passage way into the wall. Despite the fact that good sense would have told Tom to simply walk away he found himself overtaken by curiosity and slowly made his way inside the passage. The passage opened up to the secret lab which was occupied by the scientists who were busy preforming their latest experiment. Transfixed by what he saw Tom silently watched as the gathered men and women adjusted some unknown machine and then finally stepped back to activate it. As soon as the device powered up there was an intense flash of light so bright that Tom was forced to cover his eyes even though he was all the way across the room from the machine. When he lowered his hand Tom saw that the scientists were laying on the floor each one of them dead, having been killed instantly by whatever energy they had released. At this point Tom's fear fully overcame his desire to know so he turned tail and ran.

That night was followed by several weeks of fear for Tom. First he was afraid that whatever had killed the scientists would in fact kill him. When that didn't come to pass within a few days Toms new worry was that he would be found out and taken to jail... or worse. Tom didn't tell anyone what had happened, nor did anyone ask. Whoever had been backing the scientists covered up the accident so that not even the police knew about it. All that his parents would ever know was that Tom had lost his high school job when the place he worked at had closed down unexpectedly.

It wasn't until his first year of college that Tom's powers began to manifest. Slowly, as he learned the extent of his abilities, Tom began to wonder just what he could do with his newfound talents. To Tom's current shame, he turned to small time thievery in order to supplement his meager college funds. By day he was an average college student studying to earn a degree and by night he was a small time B&E guy who focused on targeting chain stores and other places that he thought wouldn't feel the loss. Eventually Tom wound up pulling a job on a local Bank of America branch that was also being hit by some other person. Upon seeing Tom the other man was not at all pleased and pulled a knife on Tom. The ensuing scuffle wound up triggering the alarms and it was only thanks to his powers that Tom was able to escape capture by the police. That night Tom fled into the darkness with a large cut along his ribs and a well checked grasp of reality. From that day forward Tom gave up burglary, he managed to graduate college by working honestly for his money.

It was during his first year as a teacher, while discussing the horrors of world war two with his students, that one of the assignments Tom gave to the teenagers struck a chord with himself. He had tasked the students to write a one paper elaborating on the concept of personal responsibility and whether it was right to blame individual soldiers for the crimes they either committed or failed to oppose during the war. The phrase 'personal responsibility' rang true in Tom's mind and continued to echo within him for the rest of the day.

Eventually, late that night, Tom came to the decision that he had a personal responsibility to the people around him, that he needed to become part of the solution rather than part of the problem. Both because he had the ability to do so and because he owed it to the general public on account of his previous actions in life. So it was that in Tom's kitchen that night the idea of a hrow was born. For the past year Tom has trained to become someone capable of being a hero. He has re-learned martial arts that he participated in during his younger years. He has worked himself into proper shape, and he has made himself determined to repay his debt to society. Now, for the past three months, Tom has been moonlighting as a masked hero known only as The Shade.

Powers & Abilities:
+ Invisibility  Tom has the ability to bend the entire light spectrum around himself. The end result of which is that he is able to render himself invisible to the naked eye as well as any detection equipment which relies on the light spectrum such as cameras, binoculars, night vision, and even infrared or ultraviolet  equipment. This does not however render him undetectable to alternative methods which do not rely on light such as motion detection, echo location, smell, and sound. Additionally it does not effect his mass in any way so he will still leave an outline in the rain, smoke will still swirl around him, etc.
- Transferred Invisibility :  Tom has the ability to make anything he touches invisible along with himself, or even without making himself invisible. This is limited to objects of relatively equal or lesser mass to himself. For instance he can easily make his clothes invisible, a weapon, or even another person invisible. But he would need a great mastery of his ability to make something like a motorcycle invisible. Once Tom stops touching something it will only remain invisible for a minute or so before becoming visible again.
+ Gravity Manipulation Tom can manipulate the effect of gravity on himself rendering him able to lessen or increase the amount of gravetic force on him. He can even alter the direction which gravity pulls him. This allows him to do things such as walk on walls and ceilings, jump incredibly high, and preform feats of agility that would otherwise be physically impossible. This does not however allow him to fly.
- Gravitic Anomaly Field Tom can create a gravetic anomaly with a radius of a few feet, around himself. Once created this field randomly alters the effects of gravity on anyone and anything within it's radius except for Tom. Tom currently has no control over what sort of changes occur within the field meaning that he has no idea if gravity will increase, decrease, or change directions each time he creates such a anomaly. This ability is most effective as a tool for protection and disorientation making it so that enemies around Tom now have to try and cope with the changes in physics around them and those firing at him have to compensate their aim considerably.

+ Burglary:  Due to his past Tom is very skilled when it comes to moving quietly and remaining undetected. He is also skilled at picking locks and cracking safes.
+ Fast Learner: Tom has always had the ability to pick up skills and gain knowledge at an above average rate. While not a super genius he is still a very quick study.

Equipment: When heroing Tom carries a set of lock pick tools for sneaking into places, a burner cell phone for calling the authorities without the calls being traceable back to him, as well as his costume for protecting his identity. For combat Tom relies on what could best be described as a 'home made' set of weapons which consists of two crow bars which he has sawed the ends off of and strapped to his forearms, a set of martial arts batons, and a hardwood baseball bat which he bought from the school he works at when the league switched to aluminum bats.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Nowherewoman

Writer Name: NowhereWoman

Name: Dana LeVasque
Alias/Nickname: Flicker
Identity: known, but not widely- her medical history and appearance make her somewhat distinctive.
Citizenship:Canadian, living in the US under a 'special categories' visa.

Species: Fae-Blooded human
Height:
5'
Weight: 98#
Eyes: purple
Hair: white

Education: Currently attending junior college, working on an AD in History and Folklore
Place of Birth: Montreal CA
Date of Birth: 4/1/1996

Sexuality: Still uncertain
Religion: vague Wiccan leanings, not really a practitioner.

Physical Appearance:

Tiny, with an extremely light build, Dana could easily be mistaken for a pre-adolescent boy. Her skin is exceptionally pale, like an albino's, showing every nick and bruise she acquires. She acquires a lot, too- she seems to be a bit on the fragile side. Her large eyes are an exotic deep purple, rather than albino red, and almost seem to reflect light, like a cat's. Her voice is rather breathy, but she can put a surprising amount of force behind it if she absolutely has to; usually she sounds almost as if she's whispering loudly. While ehr English is more or less perfect, she's not entirely up on American slang, and she still has traces of a French-Canadian accent.

Her wardrobe consists entirely of natural materials, with no metal or rubber parts- drawstrings and laces only; she usually dresses lightly, almost skimpily, regardless of the weather, and often goes barefoot, even in the rain and snow.

Personality:

Dee is extremely outgoing, almost to a fault, and a chatterbox, jumping from topic to topic like a ferret on meth. While by no means stupid, she can be overly trusting and somewhat gullible, though she's always ready to laugh at herself when she gets caught out. She enjoys practical jokes and motion of any sort, especially dancing. There's a hint of Otherness around her, as if she were slightly out of synch with the rest of the world, but generally speaking, she's just a slightly ditzy college kid.  Who happens to walk through walls.

History:

The Blood may sleep, but the Blood will out. In its time, in its way. The Blood knows the Blood...

"Dana's crying again.”
"I'll go this time.... how did you get out, again, petit, did you climb up the bars of your prison?”

"Michel, have you seen Dana?”
“Here I am maman, right here!”
How did you...”

It wasn't until 13-year-old Dana vanished out of a classroom, in front of two dozen witnesses, leaving behind some scraps of metal and rubber that the Levasques realized their daughter was more than just oddly pigmented and very good at sneaking up on (and away from) people.  Certainly they knew she had  exceptional  eyesight and hearing, and her gym and martial arts instructors gave her universally good reports.  But when she disappeared to escape a lecture that was boring her, popping up in the schoolyard with her clothing in disarray, it became clear that she was...different. Quietly, the Levasques made arrangements to bring their child to the States, where there were people with more experience in dealing with such things.

Medical tests, however, revealed no sign of mutation or anything else out of the ordinary- when they could get Dana to stay put for the tests. She proved remarkably difficult to contain, and impossible to restrain, unless she was sedated. If she got annoyed, or bored, or frightened, she just...flickered away, to reappear elsewhere.

After a long, fruitless low-intensity conflict between Dana and a series of researchers, the 'Exotics' were consulted- practitioners of magic and mysticism, whom the scientific sorts tended to look askance at, even while admitting their very real powers. The new cadre of examiners soon learned that Dana was, in fact, quite human- but that somewhere in her family's bloodline, a Wild Fae had sown some unexpected oats, his or her magic waiting like a time bomb to explode in some distant descendant.

That meant more tests, of potential, of power- of stability. These Dana found more difficult to avoid; used to dealing with demi-magical creatures, the Spook Brigade, as she started to call them, could damp her powers, if not totally repress them. Finally, a few of them won her trust and her cooperation, and things proceeded more smoothly.

Clearly, Levasque's abilities weren't Champion-level and, while she could certainly get up to some mischief if she chose, she wasn't a serious threat. Once it was determined that she was no more psychotic than any average teenager, she was released; she and her mother still live in the US on visas granted to 'special talents', so Dee can live as normal a life as possible while still being kept under observation. Hexpyre, a powerful firecalling witch and the head of a local temple, has remained in touch with Dana as a sort of mentor, though they don't see that much of each other.

Powers & Abilities:
+ Main Power: Limited teleportation

*Activation: Instant
*Range: Technicallyunrestricted; in practical terms, limited to LOS. Dana can even teleport through solid barriers, but large masses of stone or metal may deflect, stop, or seriously injure her. So, a window should be easy, so long as she can see the other side of it. A vault door might pose a potentially dangerous challenge. 300' straight down into a mine?  Not happening.
*Limitations: Maximum carry weight is 40#, and Dee cannot 'port non-organic materials, whether as payload or part of her clothing or gear.  Also, while she can 'blink' as often as she cares to, it becomes fatiguing after a while, and the possibility of temporary 'burnout' exists.

+ Secondary Power : Heightened reflexes and senses.
*The same Fae heritage that allows Dana to blinkport has also improved her eyesight and hearing, and sped up her reaction time. None of these improvements fall into the 'superpower' category, but she's well above human average.

+ Main Skillset: Dana's ability to see and hear what others might miss and to get in and out of places quickly and quietly makes her an ideal scout. While she's far too easily breakable to be a front-line fighter, she's hella fast, and her stick-fighting skill makes her useful as an ambush or flank attacker, or for holding a chokepoint. She also knows her way around the City pretty well, including shortcuts and not-entirely-legal paths, thanks to her delivery work.

+ Secondary Skillset:  Dana has collected a lot of esoterica regarding magical rites and myths during her studies, some of which might come in handy at some point. And who knows when you might need to talk to someone from the Summerlands, or the Wild Hunt...?

Equipment:

Either a simple 5' oak bo, with leather-reinforced tips, or a pair of 26” rattan escrima sticks. The bo has  a simple woven cotton shoulder strap, while the sticks hang through loops on a silk belt. Which she carries depends on the situation.

Dee also owns a fairly pricy 22-speed racing bike she uses for her deliveries.

MissFire

Miss Fire

Name: Shiori Izayoi
Alias: Origami
Identity: Secret
Citizenship: American

Species: Human
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 120lbs

Education: Some College
Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California
Date of Birth: Aug 11th, 1995
Religion: None
Sexuality: Lesbian

Power(s): Shiori possesses multiple paper-themed abilities. First and foremost is simple Paper Generation - she can produce an infinite amount of blank white eight inch by eleven inch sheets of copy paper. She can manipulate these sheets by making them move through the air as if on their own, shaping them at will, or combining them into a single paper object. The culmination of these abilities has been dubbed Papyrokinetic Combat; the ability to create tools, objects, weapons, armor, and even appendages out of paper. Most people underestimate or even mock this power, considering it's 'just paper', but she can layer and fold it to create objects that strike with surprising force, use it to propel herself great distances, create duplicates of herself, create a 'storm' of paper to baffle opponents and much more.

Abilities:  An avid fan of martial artists Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan, Shiori has studied Jeet Kun Do, Hapkido, and Tae Kwon Do extensively. She is extremely fit and athletic. Shiori possesses a near genius-level intellect and has a sound tactical mind. She uses her smarts to make the most of her power and outwit opponents many times stronger than herself. In short, she is simply a smart and athletic woman possessing of no real astounding qualities outside of her power.

Weaknesses: Water, fire, anything strong enough to puncture or break paper. While Shiori can layer her creations and create surprisingly strong barriers out of mere paper, it's still paper and quite flammable and prone to getting soggy. She is also, for all intents and purposes, a normal twenty year old woman without enhanced durability or regeneration, rendering her vulnerable to physical attacks.

Look/Appearance: Normal Appearance - Shiori Izayoi is a young woman of mixed Asian/American descent with fair features, dark hair, and brown eyes. She is just over five feet tall and has a slim, athletic build. Her street attire consists mainly of simple t-shirts and jeans. Her costume resembles a schoolgirl outfit, sporting a black blazer, checkered plaid skirt, white blouse and red tie. To hide her identity she forms a complex mask shaped like a rabbit. Shiori is not known to carry any weapons or equipment on her person.

Personality: Too serious for the power set she has been given. Shiori thinks the world of herself and her ability and is seeking to prove her usefulness to everyone around her. She will not hesitate to take on any opponent, even if they outclass her (which is more or less everyone). Shiori hates having her ability or her serious attitude mocked and can be quite easily angered or annoyed into fighting. Despite how seriously she takes herself and how easy it is to push her buttons, she is unflinchingly loyal to those she trusts and has a strong sense of honor and justice. Shiori considers herself a hero, has her own ideas about what that means, and will do anything it takes to uphold that code.

History: Shiori Izayoi, daughter of Ken Izayoi and Maria Penderghast. Father, a lawyer. Mother, a nurse. Shiori had an upbringing typical of an upper middle-class family; sleepovers, birthday parties, friends, homework. Unique in it's non-uniqueness. No slain family members, no tragic accidents, no life-changing events. Shiori was a typical teenager, smart and likable, with a fondness for kung fu cinema and music. At the age of sixteen her power began to manifest, showing itself for the first time in her schools computer lab when Shiori became annoyed at a jammed printer. Angry, she swatted the machine and it began to spit out a seemingly endless amount of copy paper until the room was nearly flooded. Unnerved by the event and feeling that she had somehow caused it, she went home and started experimenting, trying to replicate the event.

She had no luck. It wasn't until a month later when her powers next manifested. After having a romance with a girl she cared about come to a bitter end (as highschool romances are wont to do) she found herself behind the school with tears rolling down her cheeks. As if sensing her emotions, the sky seemed to open up and it rained. Paper. Fluttering white sheets fell from the clouds, forming a pile around her. Shiori knew for sure this time she had caused it and re-doubled her efforts to manifest her metahuman ability at will. After practicing at home by herself she was finally able to master her generation of paper and revealed her ability to her parents. They were amazed and, surprisingly, supportive. Of the ability. Not so much her penchant for donning a paper mask and attempting to fight crime.

Against normal street thugs she found herself to be surprisingly capable, but her secret vigilante spree came to an end when, attempting to thwart a bank robbery, Shiori was shot in the chest. At the last moment she generated a paper barrier in front of herself, which took most of the impact, but still bruised her sternum and it put her in the hospital. Her parents were understandably upset, but instead of forbidding her to use her power, they simply told her to seek proper training from her peers. The best way, they figured, was to send her to Millennium City for college. There, she'd be surrounded by well-trained paragons of justice. At least there if something went wrong she'd be protected. 

Physical description/Other pictures: Image #1, Image #2, Theme: Metamorphisis
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Diesel Heart

REBELLE
"There is a difference in rebellion and defiance but ignoring that, let's turn up the heat!"

Writer:  WardenIce

Nude (NSFW)

Name:  Emily Leanne Crowning
Alias/Nickname:  Emmie, Rebelle
Identity:  Public Identity

Species:  Mutant
Height:  5'2"
Weight:  118 lbs.
Eyes:  Blue
Hair:  Orange-Red

Education:  High School Diploma
Place of Birth:  Seattle, Washington
Date of Birth:  February 17, 1997

Sexuality:  Heterosexual;  Emily is still a virgin.
Religion:  Shintoist;  She is a casual practitioner and claims Amaterasu as her primary Kami.

Physical Description:
Standing at 5'2", this eighteen year old young adult captures the quintessential depiction of the red-headed population;  she is a pale-skinned, freckle-faced individual with long, naturally wavy orange-red hair that is usually hung loosely or put into some form of pigtails.  Her hair is taken care of very well, presented as fair and thick while she sports a modest gunmetal gray lip ring.  Her cosmetic theme applies emphasizing her natural assets;  large and wispy eyebrows, lip gloss and either pink or green eyeshadow when she chooses to wear it (which is rare).  She has a single tattoo on her right shoulder, featuring the kanji, hiragana and katakana symbol for fire.  Physically, she is small but has a noticeable amount of curvature, particularly in the lower body.  While she carries only a modest B-cup breast size, her hips and rear posterior are quite noticeable leaving her with certain features which receive compliments regularly (and she knows it).  The only deformity she possesses is the vertical eye scar that centers on her right eye.

Personality:
Emily views hierarchy as natural;  relative status differences define nearly all social interaction be it age, gender, educational attainment, company affiliation and personality being distinctive factors that guide interaction.  She recognizes that she is part of an interdependent society, beginning in the family and later extending to larger groups such as neighborhood, school, playground, community and company.  Depending on others is a natural part of the human condition.  She attempts to try and avoid confrontation because working with others requires self-control but it carries the rewards of pride in contributing to a group, emotional security and social identity.  Harmony within groups require attitudes of cooperation and recognition of social roles;  if she and others understand personal obligations and emphasizes the situations of others, then the whole group benefits.  Decisions should only be made after consulting everyone in the group and consensus does not imply that there has to be a universal agreement.  Despite the recognition of relative status being the basis of social organization, she is a Libertarian and doesn't negate a concept of individuality.  She will not only tolerate the uniqueness of an individual but admire it if it's sincere, as acting from the heart;  a work of art conveys strength as well as beauty from its individuality.  Individualism, however, is equated to selfishness and opposite of empathy that she so highly values.  She identifies as a Shintoist, worshiping her ancestral Kami and putting her worship (casually) primarilly into Amaterasu.

Emily can seem exuberant and quirky, often energetic and enthusiastic about most things going on around her. However, she remains sincere even if it costs her coming off as harsh to her peers. She sternly disbelieves in sacrificing potentially hurt feelings for the sake of complacency. This stems from her beliefs in Shintoism with some Buddhist influence. The path to human development comes from struggle or hardship. Complacency equates to apathy or slothful views so it only stiffles the evolution of the human spirit and strength in confidence.  This belief is further reinforced through her diligence in martial arts, finding firm inner self-control as the means to master her anti-social instincts, social conformity as no sign of weakness but the proud, tempered product of inner strength.  This mastery is achieved through hardship, through self-discipline and through personal stride for perfection that she knows is impossible.  Maturity, to her, is both continuing to care about what others are thinking and feeling confident in her ability to judge and act effectively through acknowledging social normalities and remaining true to herself.  Part of this maturity stems from her role model behavior, advocating particular values she's held onto from her heavy influence in Japan.  She knows she has fans and followers from her minor celebrity status and instead of steering them towards unfavorable acts, she takes the burden of being a positive message and influence.

History:
In the middle of the night on February 17, 2000, the Crownings, owners of Crownings Enterprises were woken up to the sound of a child's crying.  This is where they discovered three year old soon-to-be-named Emily and immediately reported it to the local authorities.  Investigation into the child's identity proved fruitless as there were no records of her birth or any indiciation as to who her parents were.  After all efforts to identify the child were exhausted, the Crowning's decided that they would care for the child.  There was an initial amount of animosity from her newly acquired older brother, Jacob, due to her sudden arrival and gained attention of his parents. Two years later, Emily's distinctive body temperature rose alarm in the family and she was administered to the emergency room where they discovered her to be completely healthy;  further testing proved her to carry a genetic mutation giving her the ability to mentally dictate the latent temperature around her.  She was placed into the ASPRA registration and placed onto a special food stamp card to benefit her hyper-metabolism.  After being enrolled into school, she quickly became very popular among her peers due to her charismatic presence and status being the youngest child of the Crowning family prestige.  She became particularly close to a Japanese-African American girl who moved from Kyoto, Japan named Masami Sato and the two spent much of their childhoods together;  this left Emily to become quite recognized in the Japanese Cultural Center of Millennium City.  However, not all were so welcoming and she came under harassment by a known trouble child and school bully named Daryl Romilly.  He chose to pick on her because of her petite size and he felt she was just a too-lucky over-priviledged white girl.  This earned him confrontation with Jacob and forced Daryl into disciplinary action on account of his harassment.  Since then, Daryl and Jacob have come into arguments and disagreements regularly.

Once Jacob became 18 (she was 11), he expressed a huge interest in the family company and opportunity struck when a business venture into Japan became open.  The Crowning family left to stay in Japan to see the opportunity was properly conducted, taking a few months time to prepare; learning the language, customs and other necessities.  Emily took to the lifestyle fondly, already introduced it through her relationship with Masami.  Eventually, she became enticed at the idea of learning martial arts at the age of 12 and enrolled into a local dojo that specialized in Kendo and she demonstrated herself an avid practitioner and quick learner.  Martial arts became her life, making her education and social life suffer although she always retained a healthy relationship with her peers at school and put a higher emphasis on family and relative community such as her neighborhood and the company.  Tragedy struck the Crowning name however on August 19, 2011 when the plane carrying their parents from the States to Japan after concluding some business went down over the Pacific;  the plane has yet to be found and the news of this tragic turn of events struck the children.  Forced to take up the burden of the family company on his shoulders, Jake and Emily (14 at this time) returned to the States.

In the past 4 years, Emily has grown up to be a minor celebrity in the United States thanks to her aspirations to become a model and her status of being the youngest sibling of the up and coming business tycoon that is her brother;  she began to post photographs of herself onto her social media website and set up her own personal website dedicated to this career choice much to the disapproval of her older brother.  She has been featured on some martial arts enthusiast magazines following her wins at State or Regional competitions.  Her Japanese influence remained heavy and is demonstrated through her lifestyle being an avid spokesperson towards community outreach and healthy family relations.  When it comes to the affairs of her wealth, she chooses not to flaunt or make it a point of conversation;  she'd rather be modest and a minimalist to better focus on her martial arts, modeling and role model lifestyle.  An integral element to this is her public recognition as a crime-fighter, stating her reason for doing it is to keep her community, friends, allies and family safe from criminals, coercion and unjust people.  It's not an activity she puts to regular practice but she has received a minor fanbase based on her accomplishments.

Powers/Abilities
+ Expert Swordsmanship:  Rebelle is trained in Kenjutsu, but more specifically the koryu, Hyoyo Niten-Ichiryu, the style of using two Japanese sword. Her training has placed her at the rank of 4th Dan, Yondan, which introduces her to the duty to assist instructors in educating other students.  She has applied this training numerous times in State competitions and to some extent out on the streets during her on and off again light heroic patrol work.
+ Charismatic:   Above all else, Emily's beauty combined with her exuberantly quirkiness and traditional values influenced heavily by Japan has given her an undeniable presence as a role model and inspirational figure for her followers and fans.  Despite possessing leadership qualities, she leaves those affairs to her brother.

+ Thermokinesis:  Rebelle has the ability to mentally control the ambient heat energy within her immediate environment.  She can reduce objects' temperatures (if they are in a normal range for existing on Earth's surface) to about 30 F, raise them to several hundred degrees, or extinguish open flames. Her radius of influence is about 80 feet. The heat energy she takes from the environment is absorbed into her own body.
-  Immunity to Heat & Cold:   Rebelle is unaffected by heat and cold;  she cannot be scalded or burned by any heat source whose level is below that of her maximum output.
-  Heat Shield:  She has learned how to project and produce a field of heat around her immediate vicinity that she uses to melt projectiles that are coming towards her.  For example,  lead (which is made for some ammunition in firearms) begins to melt at 621.5 F and with the spinning velocity involved in bullets after being fired from a gun, they loose all threat of ever reaching her.

Equipment
Sendō-sha:  Translated to 'Firebrand' in English, tt is seen carried on her person at almost all times, appearing as a tsuka that ends at the habaki. Fastened to the belt's left hip, it does not feature a tsuba and presents no visible blade. Once it is in her hand, Emily heats up the alloy residing within the tsuka so that it hardens, extends and shapes itself into a Katana. This is possible due to the shape memory alloy the blade is composed of. Shape memory alloy is an alloy that "remembers" its original shape and that when deformed returns to its pre-deformed shape when heated. It is just as sharp, durable and effective as an authentic, well-designed katana.
Saru:  Translated to 'Singe' in English, it is the wakizashi equivalent to Sendō-sha. It is seen carried on her person when in uniform, appearing as a tsuka that ends at the habaki. Fastened to the back of her belt, it differs from Sendō-sha due to the fact it has a tsuba and presents no visible blade.

Masami Sato -- Best Friend

Born in Kyoto, Japan, Masami moved to the States with her family at the age of 2 and became Emily's best friend at their first year of school together.  She has always been considered beautiful and has a long list of relationships during her education which includes football players or other athletic male students.  Despite her history of relationships, she retained a 4.0 grade point average and is well on her way to Millennium City University to earn a Master's Degree in Education;  she aspires to be a teacher.  Following the death of the Crownings, she did everything in her power to support Emily during her time of need and has been one of her main promoters in affairs of Emily's modeling and public persona.  Currently, she is in her first year of college and living in the dorms and has ended up in a relationship with the vocalist of a local rock band titled 'Dogpound';  she is at risk of losing focus on her career and education because of this infatuation which Emily has pointedly stressed to her causing some small inklings of animosity between the two.

Daniel Takeda -- Sensei

Daniel became a martial arts enthusiast at an early age and has been instructing out of the Northside Tenshi-Shin Dojo in the Cultural Center of Millennium City for the past 8 years;  he became a licensed instructor at the age of 27.  He has invested a lot of his effort and energy into furthering Emily's education and progression with Kendo, Hyoyo Niten Ichiryu and all elements of Kenjutsu.  He was the one who encouraged her to participate in competitions and has been with her every step of the way.  Emily holds a great deal of respect for Daniel and owes him for his consistent support and care.

HairyHeretic

Name: Sam Doyle
Alias/Nickname:  None at present
Identity:  Currently unknown
Citizenship:  Born in the UK, moved to US (grandparent) at age 4, after his parents died.

Species:  Human, possibly mutant
Height: 5'8
Weight: Slightly under average
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Sandy brown

Education:  High school -ish
Place of Birth:  London
Date of Birth:  March 19th, 1992

Sexuality:Hetero
Religion: Agnostic / doesn't really care

Physical Appearance:

Personality: Sam tends to come across as cold, distrustful, frequently half distracted, and seems to expect the worst in any situation. He has an innate distrust of authority

History:

---Transcript begins---

"I see dead people."

"Yeah, real fucking funny, ha ha. You think I asked for this? You think I want this? Being tossed from house to house, foster family to social services and round and round and round we fucking go."

"Fine, whatever. You don't believe me, oh wait, you're paid to make sheep noises and tell me it's all ok, and you've got drugs to help, right? The drugs, they don't help. They don't do shit, unless I'm so doped up I'm a zombie myself. Or do you have to call them the vitally challenged these days or something? Fucking PC crap."

"Every kid growin up has imaginary friends, don't they? That's what my parents thought. At least, I think that's what they thought. I don't remember much of them. They died when I was young. No, I don't see them. How the fuck should I know why I can see some and not others? The ones that are still here, they're here because they're not ready to go on yet. Or maybe they're afraid to. Ask them yourself. Oh wait, you can't. Fuck that then."

"I got lumbered with my grandmother after my parents died. Another sheeple, bleating about her church and her god, and 'beating the devil out of me' every chance she got. She must have thrown a lake worth of holy water over me, and it didn't make a bit of difference. Things still got moved around. Noises. Murmured voices. Stupid woman. If she hadn't ... stupid ... ah, you don't believe me anyway. Coroners report said it was a heart attack, but it wasn't, was it? She lifted that rolling pin one time too fucking many, and they came for her. Stuck an arm right inside her chest and squeezed, and over she went. Stupid fuck."

"So yeah, off to foster care with me. Families that couldn't hack the weird shit, got creeped out by me just being there. Of course, it's never just me, is it. Heh, if you could see what I see in your office right now, you'd shit bricks. Anywhere I go, they come. The lost ones. The ones that want to be heard. The angry ones. That a little twitch there doc? Got a guilty conscience, have we? They don't give a shit about you. It's me they want. It's always me they want. They tell me things. All the things they could never say alive. Sometimes they tell me things when I ask. If I squeeze them, they have to answer. They can't lie to me. Around me, they're stronger. All that fear, all that anger."

"Ha ha ha. The look on your face. Sure, just coincidence the string on your diploma breaking, wasn't it? Wasn't it doc? Wasn't it. Heh. Fuck you and all. You can't do shit for me, and neither can anyone else. I'm an adult now, aren't I? That means I can get the hell out of here."

"NO! No fucking way. No way, no how. You're not sending me ANYWHERE, least of all for 'evaluation'. You think I'm an idiot? You want to lock me up, drug me up, and leave me to rot. NO! Fuck you, you ..."

---Transcript ends---

Sam lost his parents at age 4, living with his maternal grandmother until her death when he was 8. With no other living relatives he was made a ward of the state, and placed in foster care. Several families tried to give him a home, but these were not successful, leading him to spend the remainder of his childhood in residual treatment centres. At age 18 he dropped out of the foster program, and began living independently.

Between his somewhat abrasive personality and the frequency of unusual events (poltergeist like activity) wherever he was, long term jobs and relationships were a virtual impossibility. Sam turned to petty crime to supplement what odd work he could find, living either in squats, crashing with people he knew, or sleeping rough.

He has a criminal record, mostly for drunk and disorderly behaviour shortly after coming out of foster care.

Powers & Abilities:
+ Main Power:  Medium. Sam can see and speak with ghosts.
+ Secondary Power: Raise dead (newly manifested, limited control). Sam can raise zombies from any nearby bodies, drawing them to him where they will attempt to follow his instructions. If there are no bodies around, the power allows some of the spirits that flock around him to manifest, taking a corporeal form from ectoplasm.

+ Main Skillset:  What is your character best at to fill a niche in the team?  Petty crime. - Pickpocketing / sleight of hand. Picking locks. Disabling simple alarm systems. Reasonable with a knife
+ Secondary Skillset:  What else can your character off to a superhero team?  Bizarre trivia. The ghosts around him are always whispering the things they knew. As a result he has random bits and pieces of knowledge that he has no business knowing.

Equipment: The clothes on his back, a handfull of personal possessions, small amount of cash. Probably some narcotics (has mild drug addictions to alcohol and downers).
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Diesel Heart

I have at least 2 or 3 more people that have said they're submitting their characters and then I'll start the game.  I won't be accepting more than 10 characters to start and we have 6 so far.  Just remember that you can still create your two Important NPC's to your characters and one villain.  Your villain should be submitted to me privately to avoid spoilers to the rest of the group.  Once we have the rest of the CS's submitted, I'll put up an OOC, Approved Character and IC Thread.  I'll put important things to know on the OOC thread's first post to integrate yourself into the lore this game's based on easier.  It shouldn't really dictate anything to change about your characters but I feel they are still rather important to know.  Thank you all for your interest so far.

la dame en noir

I've been lurking for weeks for a new game to spark real interest. This seems interesting and I've been wanting to play in a game like this for a while.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Diesel Heart

Quote from: la dame en noir on September 24, 2015, 09:38:11 PM
I've been lurking for weeks for a new game to spark real interest. This seems interesting and I've been wanting to play in a game like this for a while.

Please submit a CS then and you'd fill the 10th slot.  Thank you for your interest.

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Diesel Heart

The Out of Character Thread has been made with the current set of rules, important information and loose combat system mechanics.

Niki315

Are you still recruiting? I have a couple of ideas I could throw together though I'm not familiar with the system/setting. Is there anything in particular I should know about it before creating a character?

Concepts so far (all different character ideas): Clothing manipulation
Blood based transmutation and analyzing devices by touch
A precise cutting capability that curses whoever it cuts preventing it from being useful for surgery or other helpful endeavors
Crystal generation
A sort of neutralizing force that eliminates divine and supernatural entities to improve her own strength

aorangi3

Writer Name: Aorangi3

Name: Derick Rochester
Alias/Nickname:  Rocker
Identity:  Secret Identity

Height:   5'11'"
Weight:   176 Ibs
Eyes:    Hazel
Hair:     Brown

Education:  Junior in MC University
Place of Birth:  Houston, Texas
Date of Birth:  April 1st, 1992

Sexuality: Hetero
Religion: Catholic

Physical Appearance:

Personality:
Derick is creative, adaptive, and insightful. He can also be strong-willed and spontaneous (sometimes to a fault). Derick can be driven and can be very ambitious often making him try to over-achieve in anything he sets his mind to focus on. He may be quick to anger, but don't take it personally, it's just him showing his passionate side. Derick has an excellent sense of humor, and tries to get along with almost everyone while at a party (and he does know how to party). He can be impatient, but he is devoted to friends, lovers and family members. He is loyal to the end and will fight for a cause (usually supporting those who cannot defend themselves).

History:
Born with his telekinetic ability and raised in Texas, Derick had a normal life surrounded by friends and middle class family. He enrolled in the military when he turned 18 and spent his four years in the care of the marines (during which he learned to develop a sense of humor). It was here he learned the necessity for taking a stand and due to his heavily induced patriotic view, he found himself quickly picking up a sense of justice when confronted in the typical mission detail that comes with his military lifestyle. Though as he served his four years, he quickly found that while he could agree with being soldier, he'd rather live a bit more freely. So when his service ended he decided to work in the entertainment industry.

Of course doing this required money and that was where Derick was able to work in Millennium City. Using one of the perks of being a former marine, he was able to afford tuition in MC University, taking on a Major in Theater and a minor in Photography. Hence his chosen job to help pay the bills, working in the city's theater as a camera man.

His life set, Derick found that some habits where hard to keep down as he utilized his off time to enjoy himself at the occasional collegiate party and ventured through the streets to set up his hobby of photography and to capture seedy areas with proof of injustice. Though as the semester went on he found that even that was enough of a stance. His spontaneous nature continually find himself venturing at night to help those in need or just simply patrol. Sometimes getting into fights with bruises and cuts. He found that while it was painful, he was exhilarated to beat down those he felt were criminal. Though he would continue to hide his identity and try not reveal his night time walks...

Powers & Abilities:
+ Main Power:  Limited Telekinesis
- Sub-Power (If Applicable):  Due to the excess of power when utilized and depending on the task made this has him use variable quantities of internal energy. Making him hungry or tired if used repetitively.

+ Main Skillset:  Leadership and tactics. Flanker if opportunity presents itself.
+ Secondary Skillset:  Due to his miltary training, Derick has met the basic requirements of that of a Marine:
Physical Fitness
Members of the United States Marine Corps have the ability to pass a variety of strength and endurance benchmarks, ensuring combat readiness. The physical fitness test (PFT) consists of crunches and pull-ups and requires a Marine to run three miles in 28 minutes if male, 31 minutes if female. The combat fitness test (CFT) consists of repeatedly lifting a 30-pound ammo container, an outdoor 880-yard run and a shorter 300-yard course that includes chores such as resupplying ammo, crawling and grenade throwing.
Unarmed Combat (MCMAP)
Marines are highly skilled in combat, able to defend against a variety of threats, even when unarmed. The Marine Corps Martial Arts Program (MCMAP) trains Marines to utilize a variety of strikes, holds and chokes through study of martial arts from around the world. "One mind, any weapon" is the motto of MCMAP, which replaced the linear infighting neural-override engagement (LINE) system utilized in the last two decades of the twentieth century. All Marines must achieve a minimum of a tan belt in this martial art.
Armed Combat
In addition to unarmed proficiency, Marines have significant weapons skills and abilities. MCMAP teaches Marines to employ force through knives, bayonets and rifle blocks and strikes. Marines also master every aspect of becoming a rifleman. In training, Marines spend a week learning complete body and weapon control before firing a single live round. When ready, Marines hit the firing range to develop lethal accuracy with their M16 rifle, beginning with slow fire and graduating to rapid bursts.
Tactics
Marines develop the psychological discipline necessary to employ their combat skills through excellent tactical, decision-making abilities that do not waver under duress. The MCMAP adds character discipline and mental discipline to aforementioned physical training in the creation of a more complete Marine. A Marine is familiar with the history and art of war and learns tactics in all aspects of war. In order to control this lethal force, Marines are taught personal skills such as confidence and self-discipline, ethics and leadership abilities.

Equipment:
Leaving weapons and other such things with mom and pop back in Houston, Derick only has the clothes on his back and some essentials back at the dorms in the University. He is usually never without his Pentax K-50 tight budget camera.
So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Niki315 on September 27, 2015, 04:08:18 PM
Are you still recruiting? I have a couple of ideas I could throw together though I'm not familiar with the system/setting. Is there anything in particular I should know about it before creating a character?

Concepts so far (all different character ideas): Clothing manipulation
Blood based transmutation and analyzing devices by touch
A precise cutting capability that curses whoever it cuts preventing it from being useful for surgery or other helpful endeavors
Crystal generation
A sort of neutralizing force that eliminates divine and supernatural entities to improve her own strength

It seems one of the others I was waiting on a CS from has decided to pass on the game so yes, I have a spot open (3 technically but apygoos and la dame en noir are supposedly submitting CSs).  Knowing the setting is not required and I'll do my best to ensure to note what's important to know about a scene or the city as it comes.  The basic, rough outline of things to know about the game are in the Out of Character thread which a link was provided to above.

I'll be honest and say I'm not a fan of any power that basically eliminates other powers such as the neutralizing force or the cut removing the ability to repair it.  Those types of powers can immediately remove any sense of continuity of a story or a threat in a scene if not played to carefully.  The crystal and clothing generation/manipulation looks promising if you follow the basic guideline of the CS (keep in mind, that the heroes are either completely new or have minimum experience at the crime-fighting lifestyle).  The haemokinetic transmutation would have to be explained to me and the analytic tactile power would be acceptable.

So long as the character fulfills a niche and gives a clear display of focus rather than trying to be a one-man army it should be fine and it has to be a character that wouldn't actively seek to kill someone.  Think of it in terms of Superman and how he's superstrength, superdurable, has projectile weapons and can fly at supersonic speeds all at once.  Why does he need a team at that point?  I can't keep putting out huge global level threats every day, right?

Niki315

Nude (NSFW)
Writer Name: niki315

Name: Valerie Kaufman
Alias/Nickname:  Val, Valley, Resonance, Alyssa Halsted, Samantha Pacings
Identity: As secret as she can keep it
Citizenship:  Moved from Germany. Has dual English and German citizenship and counterfeit American credentials

Species:  Mutant?
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 49 kg (108 lbs.)
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde

Education: Some high school, no college
Place of Birth: Fordwich, UK
Date of Birth:  April 5, 1996

Sexuality: Straight
Religion: non-practicing Christian

Physical Appearance: Based on appearance alone, one might assume that Valerie has exceptionally good genes. She has beautiful skin, incredible hair, and a jaw-dropping body. Valerie's vibrant blonde hair is eye-catching with little upkeep. Her hair naturally curls when wet, but is otherwise typically straight and reaches her mid-back unless pulled up. Having an interest in cosmetology, Valerie's make-up generally enhances the natural beauty of her face. A light powder foundation, and some blush gives her excellent contours. Her eyebrows are kept well-shaped. Her carefully applied eye liner, mascara, and shadow make her eyes pop. A rosy pink shade of lipstick draws attention from her eyes to her lips, which generally leads to glances toward her cleavage. As such eye contact is a little unusual for Valerie. Aside from an impressive bust, her stomach is thin and hips are well-shaped giving her a nice hourglass shape. Her butt is certainly attractive, round and firm though not particularly large. A few years of life on the run has given her long legs excellent definition.

Valerie's fashion sense has mostly been focused on blending in for the last few years. Her clothing doesn't stand out from typical college age girls, and there tend to be enough pretty ones about that she won't pull all the attention. Her preference is for loose skirts and thin tight tops, that show at least a little cleavage. When at a safe house or somewhere with people she can trust, she tends to lounge in shorts and a tank or less. In cold weather she sticks to sweaters and leggings or thigh highs with her skirts and avoids heavy outerwear. Instead she prefers fashionable jackets or hoodies that are easily removable.

Personality: At her core Valerie would be generally friendly and warm-hearted, but she has grown very untrusting and cynical since her powers manifested. She hides behind a wall of frigidness turning people away who she assumes would try to use her.  Most of what she reveals to people are lies, and anything she is enthusiastic about remains hidden behind an artificial demeanor. Despite this, she holds out hope that someone can make her feel safe and welcome. 

Valerie wants to do things that others might not think twice about, such as get tattoos or dye her hair, but she is still very focused on keeping a low profile. Beyond being a very attractive girl, she tries not to have any identifiable marks to remain as anonymous as possible. Her model-like features generate more attention than she would like, but often make obtaining minor favors a little bit easier.

Since she was poor for some of her more memorable years, her new found access to money has given her the habit of spending money on things she doesn't particularly need. Valerie has recently been raising her standards preferring luxuries that most without a permanent residence typically can't afford. When a safe house is compromised, Valerie tends to be more annoyed about the expensive wardrobe and conveniences that she has to leave behind, than with actually finding a new place.

Fighting is not one of Valerie's strong suits so she takes great pains to avoid physical confrontations. Knowing this, Valerie usually will take the risk of getting captured over fighting. Usually being somewhat cooperative results in the favorable outcome of walking away. Most of all just being aware and getting away before it's too late is enough to keep her out of any significant trouble.

History: Valerie's father, Cristoph Kaufman, was a German laborer that followed work to England.  He was no one special and found himself struggling to make ends meet. He fell in love with a young writer Helena Christie, and though the two had their share of problems they married for a short time.  Valerie spent her first few years growing up in their small home in England where her mother mostly focused on her writing, leaving Valerie to her own devices. She was no more than 10 when her parents were reaching the point of no return and they divorced when Valerie was 12.

Valerie moved with her father to Germany where his parents hosted them until he was back on his feet.  He found work, a good school, and struggled to afford the life he wanted for his only daughter.  Valerie had noticed that her father was wearing himself thin and tried to find ways to help generate income.  She was too young to find a part time job, and anything else she could get paid for required an investment that she didn't want to place on her father. 

She had just turned 16 when she noticed something strange.  A bandage she had placed on a cut had turned to gold.  As she explored this occurrence she discovered that her period panties also had small areas turned completely to gold.  Somehow her blood had been changing things to gold.  She collected every item she could find that had undergone the transformation and eventually tried to sell what was basically tiny discs of gold.  At first, the discs sold to a pawn shop owner who felt a bit sorry for Valerie. But as months went by and more and more items rolled in of unusual shape and size, he could no longer buy from her. Instead, he had some workers follow her to find where she was getting the gold from.  After a week of following her to and from school and the few other places she went, they had no clue where she was getting the gold from, and raided her house.  When Valerie returned her father had been seriously injured and the thieves nowhere to be found. Valerie brought her father to the hospital. It was just her luck that they had asked her for a blood transfusion, she tried to refuse, but the workers were desperate. She gave a vial of blood for blood typing, but the needle, the tubing, and the vial all had turned to gold.  Before they could confront her she had run away.

The hospital workers likely declared her a mutant and registered what information they could, but Valerie never looked back.  No matter how difficult she made it to find her, or how well she covered her tracks, someone always found her. The hunt for the golden goose pitted several different groups throughout Europe against each other.  Between abductions and detainments, she discovered there was more to her ability than just turning things to gold. There was a moment between when the blood reached the surface of something and it changed where she could concentrate on the material it was to become. She also discovered that splashing her blood on people didn't do too much. Their clothes might change, but their bodies remained unaffected.

Her notoriety continued to grow until she was detained by the German military.  For weeks she struggled against them, attempting escape time and time again failing each and every time.  But there was some other power that she controlled. When she concentrated on something she was touching, she could feel its framework and understand it on some intuitive level. She could feel the locking mechanism in handcuffs, she could see the electrical ciruitry on the door locks, she could understand the mechanics of a car.  From this point on she became incredibly difficult to contain. She still worries about her father since she had been unable to help him. She heard he was alive, but might not be for long.  She lamented that there was nothing she could do; she simply hoped that he lived long enough for her to reach him again and help him live a comfortable life.

Since arriving in Detroit, Valerie has been rather hesitant to talk to many other peers. The development of the city has made it difficult to stay off records and stick to strictly cash but with persistence she has been able to find places that accommodate her paranoia for the time being. Her current safe house is with an acquaintance named Gemma, who is also a recent immigrant from Germany. Neither of the two have solid roots in Detroit yet, but Gemma is able to own a car or property without having to worry about people tracking her down, so a short term alliance seemed beneficial to both of them. Gemma could use some of Valerie's cash, and Valerie needs a safe place to sleep.

Powers & Abilities:
+ "Midas Touch": Though her touch doesn't turn things to gold her blood can manipulate solid objects typically turning them to gold. A mL of her blood is capable of transmuting up to a gram of material into gold, so to transmute large items would be infeasible without falling unconscious from blood loss. With concentration she can adjust the changes of the transmutation to other materials, most typically steel or copper as they tend to be the most useful. Though the power seems to stem from her blood, it does not seem to affect organic material and transmuting things to organic material has been impossible forcing Valerie to buy her own food rather than simply create it. Also, materials that are particularly resistant to change are so far impossible for her to transmute to or from other materials.
- Cold Tolerance: The affinity of her blood for gold has altered her resting temperature so that hotter environments are uncomfortable but cold environments are less bothersome. When cold metal touches her skin she is less likely to be damaged (unless it is particularly cold), but even a hot tub could make her feel sick from heat exhaustion.
+ Framework Analysis: Devices or equipment that she touches directly and concentrates on can be analyzed. Her mind can piece together the framework and purpose of components and she can use her blood to enhance or repair broken pieces. She can also determine how to disable the machinery or use her blood to rust or damage critical components. Due to Valerie's lack of education, truly understanding the physics and forces that a device affects on its surroundings might not be a guarantee, but physics that affect the function of it usually become innately understood. Future-tech or alien technology that is beyond her capacity to understand can sometimes fail to be analyzed leaving Valerie with more questions than answers. Any biotech or devices that can be considered alive cannot be analyzed by this ability. 
- General Knowledge: Though Valerie's memory isn't the best, the framework of machinery or devices that she has analyzed fully tends to stick with her. While she knows the purpose of most components she most likely will not know or recognize the name of it unless it is fairly obvious. Typically everything is a majigger or mabobber.

Skillsets:
+ Cosmetology may not seem like a big deal, but Valerie has been disguising herself for years when the heat is on. Even on short notice she can make some significant changes to someone simply by picking up a few items at a drug store.
+ Situational awareness has been a major boon to Valerie's survival over the last few years. She almost always has one eye on her surroundings and can notice things that are out of the ordinary.

Equipment: Valerie keeps a few minor items with her to assist in the drawing of her blood, mostly a small selection of needles of varying gauges. Plastic rings are of great use to her because they are easy to transmute and sell to get some walking around money. Carrying a weapon is somewhat dangerous, so Valerie sticks to non-lethal protection forms like tasers and mace. In traveling from Germany to America, Valerie has had to get proper counterfeits to pass customs. She has two fallback identities should she need to leave town quickly, and a few prepaid cellphones that she can easily dispose of if needed.[/float]

la dame en noir

I'm still here, got busy over the weekend. I'm finishing up the profile tonight and posting it.
A&A | FxF |

apygoos

Writer Name: apygoos

Name: Jacob Crowning
Alias/Nickname:  Mid-Knight
Identity:  Secret
Citizenship:  American born

Height:6’2
Weight:183
Eyes:blue
Hair:red

Education: Bachelors degrees in Business science, and Psychology
Place of Birth:  Detroit, MI
Date of Birth:  July 17 1990

Sexuality: Bi, favors women
Religion: Believes in “The Force”

Physical Appearance: Jacob stands a tall 6’2 and a very well built physique. His red hair and blue eyes accent a stunning smile, making him one of the most eligible bachelors in the states. His chistled muscles would imply that he works out regularly

Personality: In public, mostly when dealing with the business, he is a very serious and compassionate person. He believes strongly in his companies ability to do better for the world, and its own employees. In public events and things he may have been invited to, he very much carries a fun loving playboy persona, always doing everything possible to get the media attention, enjoying ultimately the interviews that come of it all, so he can share this thoughts and plans for the company on a more casual basis.

Behind closed doors though, and with people he trust, hes a much more quiet and caring individual, always enjoying the company of his sister and friends. He has a fighters spirit, always willing to speak and stand for what is right.

History: Jacob was born on July 17, 1990 to John and Nora Crowning, the family heads of Crowning Enterprises, which was at the time a weapons manufacturer, using thelatest technologies to make cutting edge weapons that could arguably contest even the great Doctor Destroyer, at least that was the idea. That notion was put to the test when on July 23 1992, the Battle of Detroit occurred. Jacob was only two years old, but it still left a scar in his mind. The screams of terror, the best and destroids all over the city. He and his family abrely escaped the fate that the city had when an orbital beam struck the city, killing many instantly. The site of it from the private plane they had was some how something Jacob remembers to this day.

As Millennium City was built, life continued, and on February 17. 2000, a new member of the family was added. The sudden sibling at first didn’t sit well with Jacob, being used to being the only child, one that was to be groomed. One day though in school, there was a particular confrontation that came about from one Daryl Romilly harassing his little sister. He ahd a need to protect her, and this created an animosity between the two that never seemed to cease.

After highschool, Jacob expressed interest in learning more about running the company, it was then that He and his sister were sent off to Japan to learn from the finest business institutions they had to offer. After spending three years there,tragedy struck, when his parents plane crashed in the pacific, never to be found.

With degrees in hand He, now 21 and Emily returned to the states. It was then that Jacob becan a company restructuring, and would use the advanced technologies they had to work with to better the lives of the people in the world and not just weapons.

In his offtime, he trains avidly in weight lifting and martial arts, picking them up from their time in japan. These martial arts in the past few months though have been finding themselves being put to use, doing vigilante work in the city on the side as an azure clad knight of sorts, a suit of his own design with some of the technology he was developing.

Powers & Abilities:
+ Main Power: [utility] Money
- Sub-Power (If Applicable+ Secondary Power (If Applicable): [support] Scientifically inclined
- Sub-Power (If Applicable):

+ Main Skillset:  Martal arts
+ Secondary Skillset:  tactical assessment

Equipment: : Hyper-advanced molecular scale armoring: In its current iteration, Mid-Knight, version “Dragoon” offers Jacob the highest defenses when confronting the streets of Millennium. It also has within itself all manner of gadgets and tools to aid Jacob, for the times that the suits super durability factor isn’t enough. The suit also offers all manner of vision modes, The Mid-Knight is often seen wielding a bo-staff of lance in hand, as Jacobs most favorable forms of combat are hand to hand and polearms. He is familiar with swordsmanship as well, but his sister managed to get the one up on him in that department.

Diesel Heart

Go ahead and post the character sheets here:  Right here a be sure to check the Out of Character thread if you haven't already.