Seeking: Dominant Male Character (M/M + M/F, Fantasy Setting)-taken

Started by Nessy, July 05, 2009, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessy

I am seeking a player to take on the role of a more dominate male of a race I have come up with.  The player should be comfortable with reluctant/non-con encounters (at least initially), m/m and m/f pairings and a fantasy setting. By comfortable, I mean enjoy. Please do not contact me if you have an issue or will not enjoy m/m AND m/f pairings. I am also hoping to find someone who likes my idea and wants to build on it.  I hope to collaborate with someone on this idea which is why I leftmany things open until we talk. This is not a first come first serve RP. (Could be two nobles, noble and commoner, etc.)

I don’t have silly writing requirements in terms of paragraphs or posting requirements except that I would prefer someone who likes detailed posts, but not novel length, and someone who posts fairly frequently. Please see my on/offs for more information on what I like. I will assure you, if your on and offs is available and easy to find, I will be looking at yours too as I come up with ideas. No highly effeminate males or 10 year old anime looking characters please. (pictures not necessary).

Here is what I’ve come up with on the race so far: (if you like some but not the entirety let me know, I am fairly flexible)

The Illari

The Illari are an unusual, rare race that prefers to build within the premise of cliff sides with waterfalls, on riverfronts or by large lakes, and occasionally by the sea. They are unusual in that each member of the Illari is born with an assigned gender, male or female, but they are also shapshifters capable of changing to the opposite gender and having the ability to change to one creature form.

Society

It is the creature form that signifies their rank in society with royalty and nobles able to change to magical creatures like dragons and unicorns and griffins and the commoners limited to mundane creatures such as dogs and cats, horses and birds. There is a scholarly somewhat magical group that can be born to either a commoner or noble that can shift themselves to a small elemental. This elemental group is considered above commoners but below nobles in society, and water elementals are the most common.

Mating

The Illari take mating seriously because their reproduction rates are low and their numbers also small. They lack the ability to shapeshift until maturity at which point they can shift to their animal form at will but are unable to shift to their opposite gender until they encounter their mate. A mate is not a selection of free will in Illari society and is more akin to a chance meeting. There is a hidden crescent moon design on the neck of each Illari that only reveals itself in the presence of an appropriate mate. There is said to be only a few mates suitable for each Illari and once they encounter their first, they mate for the life of their partner. They will feel the crescent moon when it appears as it will be have a burning sensation that will continue to build until the two have met and acknowledged their fate.

Because this chance encounter can take place to those of the same assigned gender, this is where the second shapeshifting ability comes into play, the more dominate member of the pair, established either by acceptance from the weaker member or a physical struggle, is able to force their mate to shift into the opposite gender as they desire and those with particularly strong wills can force their mates into their creature forms as well. It is important to note that such occurrences do not always happen and not all Illari pairs choose to mate as they have very long lifespans, some rumored to be well beyond a handful of centuries long, which means the couple may choose not to conceive for centuries to come.

Tradition has it that the Illari with the highest rank will take their mate into their household. It is also important to note that the offspring of any pairing will take on the shapshifting ability of their highest ranking parent unless the child is one of the rarer elemental offspring. The Illari take their lineage very seriously as a result, able to track their family trees for generations which is one of the duties of the elemental group as scholars.
Appearances - Roles

Illari have a variety of members within their society. Their skin tone can range from pale white to deep browns although the more common tones of color are pastel and light blues and greens. Their hair color is usually linked to the colors found in their birthplace reflecting the plants, the water, the flowers or anything else of abundance. Their eye colors seem equally uninhibited although the elemental offspring always have a color reflecting their elemental, blue for water, red for fire, etc. When they shift genders, these traits usually stay the same. Illari society in general prefers long hair although warriors are prone to tie their hair back or cut it shorter. Nobles often wear robes or other free-flowing garments of light colors while commoners wear tame, earth-tone colors.  All Illari are relatively tall, ranging from 5 to just over 6 feet in height, male and female alike.  Weight is not as important to their perception of beauty as for other races, and focus more on the health of one’s skin, hair and the light of their eyes and height, anyone petite or miniature is very unappealing to the Illari.

Commoners take on the tasks of servants, messengers, tend the fields and other mundane tasks; they often live in small houses near fields or in the heart of the city in townhouses that hold multiple families. The elemental Illari maintain the justice system, the archives and serve in other scholarly positions including advisors to the nobles, diplomats to other races, and often wield magic. Water elemental Illari are also the caretakers of their elaborate water system which entails using living vines to filter the water and bring it inside the houses. These living vines are sacred and beautiful to behold, seen as nearly translucent green veins that throb with life.

The nobles rule over the others with little restraint save the ancient laws which must not be broken. They are the primary traders and warriors and while craftsmen are found in the ranks of commoners and the elemental, the most skilled and renown are more likely to be within the ranks of nobles. Like other races, the Illari are also the land owners outside the city.

Although the Illari cannot live under the water, they can comfortably breathe the water for several hours before returning to the land and many of them partially submerged or completely submerged beds as a result.

Crime and Punishment

The willful destruction of one’s mate is punishable by death, no exceptions. Such acts are discovered by the most powerful and aged elemental Illari who have, over the years, managed to harness great magic and the ability to see into the past, present and future. Although commoners are little better than slaves in the Illari society, the death, maiming or permanent removal of any Illari from society is also taken  very seriously and could lead to death as well.

Outsiders

The Illari freely trade with other races, even allow them in small quantities into their cities. They rarely travel themselves; however and find many races don’t accept them because of their unusual nature and behavior. Although Illari have but one mate, it is not uncommon for them to become interested in other races for a time, especially if they have not found their mate yet. Because of their small sizes, the Illari do not get along with creatures like dwarves, Halflings and many fae. They enjoy the company of elves, although many elves find the strict society order of the Illari unappealing and perhaps just wrong. Humans they get along with well enough although their tendency to contaminate water and lands disturbs the Illari.
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

Nessy

Oh I should have mentioned, the basic idea is this is one of those chance encounters, between probably a noble (the dominate male) and the other character, maybe in the market or on the road, you get the general idea. I am not one to play extremely weak or flat characters either. I expect to contribute a lot and not dump it on the doms shoulder.
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Nessy

Rough Picture ideas for Pairings. I do not require pictures of any characters so it's just a suggestion.

1 A

1B

2A

2B

2C

Misc. Long Term Ideas

Nessy

-bump- If the idea interests you even remotely, drop me a line. The only thing that is in stone is that I would like to play the more submissive, though not necessarily completely submissive, character for once. Thanx  O8)
Misc. Long Term Ideas

Nessy

Looks like I lost my writing partner for this idea. I would love to run with it if anyone is interested. I will probably keep my character or a lot of him, but I am not asking anyone to fill anyone's shoes. This will be a fresh story that can easily go in another direction. here is a link to the story in case you want to have a peak. Again, I am looking for a fresh story not a replacement.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42021.0

Please send me any questions!
Misc. Long Term Ideas

Nessy

/bump. I know it sounds complex, but its just background info. let's of freedom to create here. please toss me a pm if you are interested!
Misc. Long Term Ideas

Decrepitdan

I believe I would be interested in this storyline. I'm not sure i'm good at playing a dominant character, but I can give it a try.

Nessy

Thank you for your interest. At this time the story has been taken. I'll keep you in mind with future ideas however  ;)
Misc. Long Term Ideas

Nessy

Misc. Long Term Ideas

Insight

Hey!

I'd be happy to talk it over with you, if its still open. I play a wide variety of characters, so we'd just need to discuss a plot.
"I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"

My Desires: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159468.0

On and Off Thread

Nessy

still open, just a quick note, this specific idea is M/M and M/F, not or even though my other stories maybe one or the other  ;)
Misc. Long Term Ideas

Nim

The Illari sound like a very interesting and well thought out race.  If your still looking for a partner for this game I would be very interested.  My character would probably look close to the first pic you put up with the silver/white hair since his animal form would be that of a Moon Dragon looking very much like the pic I have displayed.  Please let me know if this story line is still open.

Thank you

~Nim~