Good Old Games is giving away Torchlight Free!

Started by Chris Brady, June 18, 2013, 07:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

For those of you who care about loot based ARPGs, as the title says, Good Old Games is giving the original Torchlight for free for the next two days.

So snatch it while you can!

Article:  http://www.gog.com/news/nodrm_summer_get_torchlight_free_for_48_hours

And here's the Download page:  http://www.gog.com/gamecard/torchlight

You just gotta sign up for the site, and that's free too!

Happy Gaming folks!
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Inkidu

Hey, if I grabbed this for free today, could I download it at a later date for free?

EDIT: Oh fuck am I not liking my experience with GoG so far. They don't double-check your password on their quick sign up so I had to basically change my password because of a typo, then as it turns out their shitty fucking downloader locks up on my computer if you ever enter the wrong password, which requires a restart of my computer. So I'm basically amusing myself by writing scathing comments when they come up with their log file form.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Chris Brady

In answer to your question, Inkidu, yes.  Once it's on your account, it's yours for good.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Inkidu

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 18, 2013, 10:03:26 PM
In answer to your question, Inkidu, yes.  Once it's on your account, it's yours for good.
So, all I had to do was "buy" it.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Chris Brady

Inkidu

Strike two G.O.G.  >:(

I'm two megabytes away from it downloading and it's stuck. I hate downloaders. Grr...

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 18, 2013, 07:24:07 PM
For those of you who care about loot based ARPGs, as the title says, Good Old Games is giving the original Torchlight for free for the next two days.

Grabbed it, thanks for the heads up Chris!

I do love me some GOG. That site is the reason I finally got to play Deus Ex, Arcanum, CTP II and others.
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Inkidu

I did get it, apparently it either did not update the image or two megs is not crucial to the file integrity. It downloaded fine as far as I can tell, but they got about two good scathing comments for my trouble. >:|

Cyrano Johnson

(I've never used the proprietary "downloader" on GOG. Far as I can tell it's redundant.)

Hemingway

I've had nothing but good experiences with GOG's downloader. It doesn't work with all browsers, apparently, but that's it.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on June 19, 2013, 07:19:59 PM
I've had nothing but good experiences with GOG's downloader. It doesn't work with all browsers, apparently, but that's it.
I use Firefox.

Shjade

GoG's downloader is...serviceable, but I can't say I'm a fan.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Inkidu

It wouldn't let me download any way but their downloader unfortunately. I tried clicking the individual links to the various material and got an Error 403: Forbidden for my trouble. :\

I can't tell if that was my ISP or just there site, nor do I care. I will treat GoG warily from now on, especially if I ever decide to use money there. >:(
I was not happy with my first experience, not happy at all.

Hemingway

Unfortunate. GOG is a great site. I've bought plenty of games there.

Cyrano Johnson

It's puzzling. I use Firefox too and have never had the slightest problem with GOG.

Chris Brady

Sounds to me like it's more an ISP issue as opposed to GoG.

Inkidu

Well, regardless of the ISP issue trying to download it without the downloader, their downloader had its own myriad of issues. :\