Gal Godot confirmed as Wonder Woman for Batman vs Superman

Started by apygoos, December 04, 2013, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

Discuss, she is most known for her roles in the Fast and Furious franchise.
With Wonder Woman confirmed, and Nightwing still rumored to be in the movie, this is definitely not a superman movie any more, and more of a pesudo Justice League movie.

Avis habilis

I like her look overall - Mediterranean complexion, dark eyes, very Amazon. Not as buff as I imagine Wonder Woman, but she's got time to train for that. My mental image of Wonder Woman is a few years older, too, but maybe that's an idiosyncracy.

Callie Del Noire

Definitely could do a bit of physical training to fill in the build but she's DEFINITELY got the complextion for it.

Kunoichi

I could certainly see her looking the part with a little time and training.  On the other hand, I was already a little dubious to begin with about them pushing Batman into the sequel to Man of Steel.  If they're going to shoehorn in Wonder Woman, too, I really can't help but worry that the movie's quality will suffer due to WB and DC trying to rush out a Justice League movie to compete with Disney and Marvel.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 04, 2013, 02:43:43 PM
I could certainly see her looking the part with a little time and training.  On the other hand, I was already a little dubious to begin with about them pushing Batman into the sequel to Man of Steel.  If they're going to shoehorn in Wonder Woman, too, I really can't help but worry that the movie's quality will suffer due to WB and DC trying to rush out a Justice League movie to compete with Disney and Marvel.

DC and Warner need to sit down and plan this out. Ironically DC does this for their story lines over a year or more. They just haven't connected it to the movies. Yet.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 04, 2013, 03:02:20 PM
DC and Warner need to sit down and plan this out. Ironically DC does this for their story lines over a year or more. They just haven't connected it to the movies. Yet.
The issue with the DC live action movie section is that it's JUST Warner Brothers, most of the directors they choose are not comic fans or worked in the comic field (unlike Joss Whedon) not to mention that they have this aversion to letting their superheroes be, well, superheroes.  Nolan's Bat thug is a prime example.

Until they get over that mind-hump, I have no hope for any live action DC movie.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

HeavenAbove

Just a heads up, the original picture is not Gal Gadot.

This is Gal Gadot.

I'm definitely thrilled about this news, she is a wonderful actress and gorgeous  ;D

Caeli

Quote from: HeavenAbove on December 04, 2013, 05:21:20 PM

This is Gal Gadot.

I'm definitely thrilled about this news, she is a wonderful actress and gorgeous  ;D

I am not seeing the image above, for whatever reason.

IMDB, for the curious. I was wondering why the first picture in the original post didn't strike any bells - I've watched all of the F&F films and didn't recognize the face.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

HeavenAbove

Hmmm I wonder why it's not showing up, strange.

But yeah, I checked the original link, and it's from some website that probably tossed up a photo of someone they thought was Gal Gadot. Happens all the time?

Moraline

Very excited about this. I really like Gal Gadot. She's definitely way to far on the thin side for the role though. I hope they put her into some hardcore training.

Chris Brady

They need someone less Middle Eastern, and fuller of figure.  She doesn't need to be muscular (after all, WW is a divinely/magically powered golem.  She was made of clay and given life by magic) but Ms. Godot is way too slender for the role, in my opinion.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

consortium11

Quote from: Chris Brady on December 04, 2013, 08:20:37 PM
They need someone less Middle Eastern, and fuller of figure.  She doesn't need to be muscular (after all, WW is a divinely/magically powered golem.  She was made of clay and given life by magic) but Ms. Godot is way too slender for the role, in my opinion.

Not any more.

These days none of that happened. Instead she's simply let another one of Zeus' offspring, albeit by Hippolyta.

Inkidu

Quote from: HeavenAbove on December 04, 2013, 05:21:20 PM

This is Gal Gadot.

Forget her, casting agency, go find the first lady.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Looks like the first picture is a Norwegian actress by the name of Natassia Malthe, who had the title role in Bloodrayne 2.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

I'm really not expecting good things. Comic book movies aren't easy as it is, and Wonder Woman seems to have an additional layer of curse around it.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

apygoos

i have faith in Snyder, especially if Nightwing will end up in it after all... extremely high expectations.

Shjade

Because I'm terrible with names, when the OP said an actress known mostly for her roles in Fast & Furious movies, I thought we were talking about Jordana Brewster.

But then, I've only seen two of however many of those movies there are, so I guess it's no surprise I had no idea who Gal Godot was if that's her claim to fame. She looks...okay for it? I guess? I dunno?

I mean, when I think of Wonder Woman as a real person, I immediately think of Gina Carano, so these other possibilities just kinda seem...not-Wonder-Womany by comparison.

I mean, come on.

Tell me that's not superheroine material.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

HeavenAbove

Of course everyone is going to have their own say and opinion on who should fill the role.

To that I say, great. However, the movie hasn't even started in normal production yet. Gal has plenty of time to get into really good shape (Hell she is fit already). I'm not saying she is going to beef up and get super muscular. She is a great actress already, she knows how to kick ass (she spent 2 years in the israeli army) and she has a lot of upside going into this role. Not a lot of people know who she is.

I'm excited for her, I think if she can pull this off, it will really be great for her career.

Chris Brady

Quote from: consortium11 on December 04, 2013, 10:10:38 PM
Not any more.

These days none of that happened. Instead she's simply let another one of Zeus' offspring, albeit by Hippolyta.
Fair enough, but my comment stands.  Less Middle East, more Grecian.  Less slender, more full.

Shjade

Quote from: Chris Brady on December 05, 2013, 01:39:30 AM
Fair enough, but my comment stands.  Less Middle East, more Grecian.

Can't say I get the objection.

Just going by looks, I could see that actress being a live-action version of that character. If anything maybe she's a little young, as someone else suggested farther up, but that's about it. Nah, I take that back; WW's an amazon. Age doesn't work the same way for her anyway.
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

The animated show has her as relatively broad shouldered, Gal Godot has a delightfully slim model's figure.  You can add muscle to that without ruining something.  And given that Hollywood is all about looks...

Shjade

...none of which has to do with Grecian vs Middle Eastern, which was the part of your post I quoted as not making sense to me.
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

AH.  Sorry.  It was early morning, brain stopped functioning.  At the risk of sounding oddly racist, I'm not sure Ms. Godot's skin tone fits.  Although more I think on it, it might be her hair colour, if she makes it black, that might work.   But it's her general build that I have most issues with.

Inkidu

I think she might have the face, but honestly, the Hollywood idea of beauty probably doesn't work with superheroines.

And I'm not even talking about the Most Common Superpower. Hollywood just tends to be too skinny. :P

Chris Brady

Still no matter who they choose, I'm still leery of it being any good.  I'm hoping to be surprised, but none of the last few DC films have been anywhere near the fun that the Marvel films have been.