Occupy Spring?

Started by Trieste, March 07, 2012, 06:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Singularity on March 22, 2012, 04:56:26 PM
Doubt that it will matter overmuch. Every time that convention protests have happened, police have found ways to cut them off at the knees.

Money remains the most important asset in politics. CU v FEC blew the floodgates open. Any effort for reform is gonna get drowned in election graft.

We shall see. I already see people pushing for ways to 'fix' CU. It rolled back a century of campaign reform.

Singularity

Quote from: Callie Del NoireWe shall see. I already see people pushing for ways to 'fix' CU. It rolled back a century of campaign reform.
Despite his recent reversal on the use of Super PACs, Obama, unfortunately, is the only realistic path to getting CU overturned. If re-elected there is a chance that one of the USSC conservatives will keel over or change their mind.

The only other option is a Constitutional amendment or an entirely new Constitution, and both are nearly impossible to conceive happening.
[/font]

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Singularity on March 22, 2012, 05:28:57 PM
Despite his recent reversal on the use of Super PACs, Obama, unfortunately, is the only realistic path to getting CU overturned. If re-elected there is a chance that one of the USSC conservatives will keel over or change their mind.

The only other option is a Constitutional amendment or an entirely new Constitution, and both are nearly impossible to conceive happening.
[/font]

Check out the amendment Bernie Sanders is pushing out to the public.

Oniya

Bernie's amendment is gaining some serious ground.  Heck, he's not even my Senator, and I'm on his mailing list to keep updated on it.

This is going to sound a little odd, but the one good thing about my impending move is that I'll be landing in a town with a fairly well-established Occupy group.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on March 22, 2012, 07:26:57 PM
Bernie's amendment is gaining some serious ground.  Heck, he's not even my Senator, and I'm on his mailing list to keep updated on it.

This is going to sound a little odd, but the one good thing about my impending move is that I'll be landing in a town with a fairly well-established Occupy group.

Same here. I figure that he's taking the lead.. and like I said in the past.. I want elected leaders.. not party line dancers.