Need a bit of help from the techno-savy.

Started by Mindhazingsquid, December 19, 2007, 01:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mindhazingsquid

My dad seems to be under the impression that there's a cable or adapter that would let him hook his vcr into his computer.  the only thing I know of that lets you do that is a special video card (IE all-in-wonder) but as I thought about it, why shouldn't there be?  It could go into the USB slot the same as an external dvd would.  So, what I would like to know is, is there a cable that would let you do it?  Is there any reason you can't hook your VCR into your USB?  Or your Cable for that matter.

schnookums

There are usb devices that do that, but they're basically just video capture devices in an external format. BUt they do exist.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815302002

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, just in case it's not the same thing as you're thinking about. As for a cable connection (meaning coax) a lot of the USB ones I've seen don't have that connection, but I'm sure they do exist.

Mindhazingsquid

schnookums

No problem...word to the wise...the pinnacle devices tend to lean towards the cheaper end on some models. There is a reason for this. The one I bought turned out to probably be incompatible with AMD 64 bit processors. I say probably because I never got a good answer from their customer service at all...most of their answers involved referring you to a useless forum. Thankfully I was well within the 10 day limit to take it back, so I just got my money back, since I don't think the device was broken, just that they made a crappy device.