Hanjuku High - Girl's Love, Girl's Love, Girl's Love!

Started by Jadeling, January 03, 2010, 09:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caeli

I'll need to see if I can find the image to redo my character's name, but here's my profile:

The Basics

Name: Ito Mayumi
Birthdate & Horoscope: O1 November, Scorpio
Height / Weight: 5ft. 6in. (168cm) / 125lbs (57kg)
Sexuality: Undisclosed
Class: 2-1
Academic Focus: Mathematics
Extracurriculars: Student council president, swim team captain

Appearance: Mayumi walks coolly and confidently, her large eyes always seeming to stare off into the distance unless her attention is caught by something – or someone – in particular. She possesses an elegance that is attributed more to her demeanor than her figure, an elegance that she wears well whether she's playing sports or public speaking. She is not shy about her body at all, as she is also a swimmer on the school team.

At first glance Mayu appears fragile and delicate. Her high cheekbones and pert nose complement a sharp chin and large, expressive eyes. She has the “cool beauty” stereotype completely dominated – she turns down most date offers from goukons that her female classmates drag her to and has a maturity that makes her seem older and wiser. Intelligence shines clearly from guarded blue-gray eyes, as does a hint of determination. Many students think that she wears contacts, but she actually inherited them from one of her grandparents.

In school, she wears her wavy dark brown hair tied up; outside of school, Mayu wears her hair loose. She prefers clothing that make her look good, and in which she can move easily; often, her street fashion consists of a simple dress shirt and a pair of slacks, an outfit that is both dressy and comfortable. As previously mentioned, though, Mayu is not shy about her body, and thus will also wear pretty skirts and dresses if the occasion calls for it. She would never be caught being anything less than dressy and professional. In cold weather, she simply adds a turtleneck, scarf, and a black trench-jacket.

Personality: In school, Mayumi is somewhat intimidating, due to her beauty and cool, collected attitude. She is calm under pressure and cool in even the most trying circumstances, but is never afraid to speak her mind and give her opinion. She has a maturity that makes her appear older than her age, and is always quick to defend those who are bullied or are afraid to speak up. For this and various other reasons, she is crushed on and respected by many other girls in Hanjuku, and was elected to the position of student body president despite only being in the 2nd year.

All that she does is inevitably driven with intensity. That very trait is what lends her the magnetism she possesses on any stage, be it speaking in front of her classmates as student body president, playing the violin, or singing in front of an audience. And while she excels at both playing and singing, music is just a hobby - in school, she is simply the well-respected and well-loved student body president, as well as the talented swim team captain.

Though Mayu can usually be very reliable, she is very willful and does things her own way, her own style. She is a very private person, and dislikes gossip. She is slow to anger, but once her temper has flared it is difficult to get her to back off.

She doesn’t like flowers usually, but has a soft spot for cosmos flowers, especially those of the chocolate variety.

Other: Mayu never goes home during holidays. Nobody knows a lot about her family life, except that her parents seem to be out of the picture. It's also rumored that Mayu transferred into Hanjuku from America during the ninth grade (year 1), despite the fact that her Japanese is accent-less and flawless. Through some clever spying, some girls in her fan club discovered that she lives alone, though they have not yet managed to figure out how this is so. In actuality, Mayu works at a modeling agency under contract.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Raveled

O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Caeli

Like I said, I might change her name to something else (Tsukishima Manami) if I can manage to find the original image that I used for this character image (used for an old roleplay on Gaia Online). If I can't, though, I doubt it'll be too confusing, considering how different the two girls are. :-)

Perhaps we should consider creating an OOC thread and a Character Profiles thread somewhere? Which category do we plan to play this story in?

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Raveled

Van would be my guess.  If folks want to go Bon, they can create their own little scene.
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Jadeling

Van is light, right? I never remember the shorthand for all these options.

Caeli

The official designation is Light, not vanilla. :-) The roleplay would go in Light: Small Groups.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Crovonovin

That sounds about right, as we don't seem to be going very heavy with the sexual content.  I'll probably be working on Naotos sheet a bit (since Caeli has provided one that is far more satisfactory!), so a profile thread would be nice as well.

Jadeling

I'll set one up tonight then. Just wait on a little more interest until then.

Jadeling

RubySlippers

PIC: https://elliquiy.com/wiki/File:242d71b180ebdba195ddec6477e464be.jpg

Name: Miss Miri Tanaka

Academic Focus: Teaching Major - Health Science and Physical Education (Tokyo Teachers University)

Classes Taught: Physical Education, Health & Fitness for Life (new class, mandatory to take once per student) *under supervision in all areas by the faculty*

Sexuality: Lesbian

Personality/Other Info: A dedicated teacher and expousing the benefits of a sound body to lead to a sound mind she is part of the mandatory push for one physical education class a term, health and fitness education. She is kind hearted but strict when needed, is a student yet so is working hard to impress and being "home" she feels nice teaching the next generation of exceptional young women. Is a free-thinker and although loves her current focus feels a mind is a terrible thing to waste and reads a great deal in everything she can get her hands on. Her electives in college was rather eclectic with a focus on classical studies East and West. In fact she wants to earn a related degree to that later on and get her masters degree.

Jadeling

Find a picture and stuff it into the character thread!

Crovonovin

I'd say we could probably get things underway now, and if more people want to join later they can.  Opinions?

ReijiTabibito

No, wait!  Don't start yet!  I'm interested, and I need to submit a profile!

Crovonovin

ReijiTabibito

Geez, this is difficult.  Most of the stuff I'm running into on danbooru is fanart of anime...so very little original material.

RubySlippers

I don't know how to add a pic like the others did. I know how to do some things on a computer but am no expert.

Crovonovin

Well, what sort of character are you looking for?

Also RubySlippers, you need to upload whatever picture you want either to a site like Photobucket or to the Elliquiy Wiki.  Then copy and paste the url, highlight it, and click the little "Mona Lisa" icon just beneath the "B"old button.

ReijiTabibito

Well, I don't have the full picture for Caeli's character, but I've been noticing that the character pictures so far show people with slender to average builds...so I'm looking for someone on the generous figure 'end' of things to 'round out' the ensemble.

Carlissa

"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Jadeling

Uh... I think probably, actually. Hanjuku might be tolerant of relationships that don't result in obvious image, but a pregnant schoolgirl at a prestigious private academy is going to raise a lot of eyebrows and media attention.

A teacher or staff member, on the other hand...

RubySlippers

Just have the school have a mandatory abortion policy.

Carlissa

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 09, 2010, 01:40:27 AM
Just have the school have a mandatory abortion policy.

Umm, I don't think a school would have a mandatory abortion policy. To order students to kill their babies if they get pregnant just isn't...right.

And plus, what is the point of calling myself "Mistress of Pregnancy" if I go around and abort my babies all the time> xD
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Crovonovin

I think what Jadeling was trying to say is that this story's focus is going to be more about light-hearted, if sexual, feminine interaction, and that the addition of a pregnancy might complicate the narrative we're going for.

Carlissa

Well, if it was going to complicate the story, then why not just say so? I'm not going to ask to be pregnant if I'm going to have an abortion three posts later. There would be no point in that. If I was going to have an abortion than I wouldn't have asked to be pregnant in the first place.

So if you guys don't want a pregnant girl to be in the RP, please just say so so I could quietly leave...

Jadeling

I don't mind pregnancy as such, but a pregnant student would, as friend Shihong says, complicate the narrative. A pregnant staff member is fine, if that's the way you want to go.

The abortion thing was likely to be a joke, by the way. Obviously I can't speak for RubySlippers, but...