FATE of the Shinigami

Started by ShadowFox89, June 06, 2013, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedFangedWerehawk

Oh nice, FATE is from the same guys that did Spirit of the Century. Definitely nice for a quick in to a game. Count me in for this all the way! I'm perfectly open to Judeo-Christian lore.

ShadowFox89

Working on the setting here: http://bleachd20.proboards.com/thread/227/soul-society-western-europe

It's a work in progress, but you can feel free to comment on it. Oh, and peek at the classless system and offer constructive criticism ;)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

If you don't mind a Bleach newb, I'm interested. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RedFangedWerehawk

So are characters restricted to Shinigami, or is this open to other classes like Quincies and Arrancars?

ShadowFox89

There are no "classes". But so far, it'll be Shinigami characters only, I still have to think of how to incorporate Arrancar and Quincy into the setting.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RedFangedWerehawk

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 17, 2013, 02:16:26 AM
There are no "classes". But so far, it'll be Shinigami characters only, I still have to think of how to incorporate Arrancar and Quincy into the setting.

Oh, my bad! I guess I meant to say "race." What if there were a few Arrancars that were captured but spared execution because they were found more useful to the 13 Royal Families fighting in the Michael or Raphael divisions as probationary Thrones?

ShadowFox89

Like I said, I'm still thinking up on how exactly everything will fit in. I'd like to have more Western influence than Eastern with the WESS (Western Europe Soul Society), so we'll see what comes up. One thought is that Arrancar are hollows who were merged with a philosopher's stone created by Quincy alchemists in hopes of creating a better weapon against the Angelic Guard and the Hollow Lords.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Mysterica

That's a pretty interesting way to spin it.

Vaulera

Hmm. So, I'm curious. Would our characters start with power levels similar to bankai, or just shikai?

ShadowFox89

You'd start as Cherubim-ranked officers, so just shikai.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Feel free to start coming up with character concepts. Keep in mind that your character should be from one of the countries that contribute to the WESS (western europe soul society). So Japanese names wouldn't be very common, but French, Spanish, Italian, and English would.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Batman4560

By concepts do you mean what the characters zampaktou does? Also I assume you mean their views on the world around them? Will the squads work the same way, 1-13 with the same jobs?

ShadowFox89

http://bleachd20.proboards.com/thread/227/soul-society-western-europe

Check that for how the WESS works. It's a work in progress, but has enough to get you started.

As for character, use this:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Squad:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b] Cherubim

[b]Physical description:[/b]

[img]http://[/img]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Zanpakuto:[/b] Sealed and Released only, no Full Release.

[b]Background:[/b]

[b]Ons:[/b] Things you'd be willing to do/have done.

[b]Offs:[/b] Things you don't want to do/have done.

Everyone starts at Cherubim rank, it gives room to grow and gives you plenty of goals.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Batman4560

Ok cool, just one other question will we have the chance to become captains if we choose to make that a goal?

ShadowFox89

Eventually, but don't expect to suddenly become a captain :P

I intend to have a bit more politics come into play than what you see with the manga/anime. And if you want to make up a noble house, feel free. It means we can set up things like dealing with arranged marriages.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Batman4560

Great, Im going to have to learn this system so please bare with me. Do you want us to roll up stats like you would for the game as is? Such as should I assume my character is level one? Or would he be stronger since he is a seated member? Also are we starting with a low power game as in 10 pts for stats or something more moderate?

ShadowFox89

We're using FATE Accelerated. I'm just using those forums to work on the setting.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Batman4560

One last question, are their uniforms the same or should they reflect where they are from?

ShadowFox89

Hm.. that's a good question. I'm tempted to lean towards more medieval knight style, with armor and a tabbard, but that's up to you guys.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vaulera

So, generally speaking, I'm wondering, shall we set up profiles and then move on to creating characters for the system?

ShadowFox89

Yes, I'd like to see what kind of a crew we've got so I can get NPCs put together.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Batman4560

All I know is that Im going to play a Paladin like character.

Vaulera

I've just secured the picture for the girl I'm going to play. Going for the rather arrogant, quick to be offended french noble. Tell me, what are the limits on family names, etc. I want to know if a noble family could be a ruling house, or whether it could just be a noble house of some repute. Got most of the history thought out, but need to know specifics. Also, just tell me if I need to work on anything for the profile!

Vaulera

Name: Emilia Valois
Squad: Michael Division

Physical description: Emilia is an extremely small woman, just barely reaching 150 cm in height (roughly 5 feet tall) and gracing 115 pounds. Her hair is a silvery colour, an extremely platinum blonde, reaching all the way down to her calves. When expecting battle, or sent on a mission, she usually winds it into a long, thick braid, held together by a light metal cap with a metal blade protruding a few inches, more for show than any actual effectiveness. Her garb, both for battle and leisure is loose and flowing, but unlike many other members of the reapers in Western Europe, forgoes plated armour, relying on her nimbleness, as her small size doesn't suit the heavier protection offered by metal. Always on her legs are some form of covering, for formal events, stockings and for more casual, or battle, leggings. Also with her garb, when in formal situations, she wears a small circlet, befitting the heiress to her family's estates. Her head is heart-shaped, with pale skin, her lips full, nose round with a sharp bridge and her eyes a light, ice blue. Her figure isn't full, but is still womanly despite it. Her muscles aren't defined, but clearly worked at, as there isn't a scrap of fat to be found in the most common of places. Her entire body is indicative of great discipline, effort and vanity.

Personality: Emilia's personality has long been a source of heckling and talk amongst the men and women of the Soul Society of Western Europe, and for a large part of it, it isn't good talk. Unless bound by a formal courtesy, Emilia speaks her mind bluntly. Along with this lack of consideration, as some call it, she enjoys brevity, and her empathy is usually reserved for those who she is close to and few others. Arrogance and vanity are two of her more defining properties, but aside from all the negativity, among her small circle of close friends and family, she makes jokes and teases as much as anyone. With trusted friends, her air of formality and propriety drops, revealing her well-loved sense of teasing and comedy.

Zanpakuto:

Aigle: Release phrase, "Tonner, Aigle!

Unreleased: Unreleased, her Zanpakuto is an incredibly simple, if well made arming sword. It's grip is wire wrapped, with a metal pommel that balances the blade nicely, as well as a quillon cross-guard of a similarly thick size. It has a rain-guard and smaller blade of about 30 inches. Unreleased, it has a thick bevelled edge, not very good for cutting, but an extremely sharp point, as thrusting is the clear intent of the weapon. The steel of the blade is unadorned, and the centre is a much more flexible steel than the extremely hard-tempered edge, narrowing to a needle styled point.

Released: When released, the rather plain and unadorned arming sword grows a great deal in length, rising to an estoc with a length taller than the girl herself, 56 inches long, with a thin blade of bright silver steel, almost blue, as all good steel should be. The blade is only a couple inches long, and the bevel on the sides of the blade is extremely steep, resulting in a blade that could cut, but the needle thin point couldn't be any more indicative of a stabbing weapon. The hilt is unwrapped, but doesn't slip in one's grasp, the strange blue material gripping like wire. The cross-guard is an ornate quillon, with two large flares at the ends of the guard portion. The hilt is made for one as well as two handed use, and the pommel has what looks to be a great blue sapphire in the centered with ornate designs trailing up to the water guard. When activated, Aigle booms like a thunderhead. It's special property is that when fed a large amount of energy, it fires it off in a bolt of lightning, completely straight and powerful enough to melt low melting point metals and start fires. The lightning fires off in a straight line, despite the usual arcing properties and is quite lethal to one caught point first. She cannot however sustain the lightning, only firing off a single bolt at a time.

Background:

Since the very creation of the Western European Soul Society, the house of Valois has been dedicated to the cause of exterminating hollows and freeing restless souls. In the whole history of their line, not a single member of Valois has been in a division outside of Michael. Their swords and their personalities have always been known as extremely loud and obvious. The mark of a true-blooded Valois is pride and expertise, and the shame of the prestigious line is one who's blade is revealed as having a defensive or underhanded ability. The belief is founded in that one who's personality is sneaky, dishonest or cowardly will be revealed in their blade. Thus, the house bred in extremely strict and militant mindsets into not only their children, but their servants. This, perhaps more than anything is responsible for the intractable nature of the family. Always reluctant to retreat or compromise, the headstrong nature of the members make them poor leaders and negotiators, but their deadly skill, military precision and absolute fearlessness makes them perfect soldiers. Yet this constant pressure on the members of the house to constantly uphold the honour, dignity and morals of the family often create personalities that are extremely harsh on the outside with true nature and emotional expression repressed.

Emilia, formally known as Emilia Anael Valois the 3rd, was born the daughter of Pierre Valois and the formerly low-born shinigami officer Clea Trumont. Born the younger of two siblings and the first female Valois in many generations, much attention was lavished on her by her father, mother and grandparents. The heavier burden and expectations for the family future was dropped upon the shoulders of her sibling, an older brother by the name of Basile Valois, ten years her senior. Rather than resentment from her older brother, she received much love and affection. The two were practically inseparable, and Basile very much lived up to the expectations of his house, with apparent ease. He was a true prodigy, in social, mental and physical applications. He was the top of his class in the academy and quickly rose to a high seat in the micheal division. Even with his truly busy schedule, Emilia's older brother made time to tutor her in Kido, Swordplay and theoretical applications. Not only was her brother a prodigy, he had one of the most powerful swords that her house had ever seen. It went by the name of Sombre Déchirant, and it's powers were magnificent. When released, the blade was a shining silver greatsword, six and a half feet in length and several inches wide. It's blade trailed a swath of darkness that rent anything in it's path. He cut a magnificent figure, gleaming plate, gleaming blade, flowing cape and pure black trail, as if the very fabric the world was made of was being torn in his wake. He was a very popular figure, amongst both genders, but his romantic feelings were reserved for his partner, a noble girl of an arranged marriage to another great house, fostered with some effort from both parties. As she grew into a young woman, Emilia was often troubled by would-be suitors, and would always come to Bastile for assistance. Ever willing, Bastile shooed them away, and the bond between the two Valois siblings seemed unbreakable. Everything changed when her brother went out on patrol, power limited of course. He never came back from the other side, and neither did the other shinigami with him. He had left Emilia and never come back.

For an entire year Emilia, her family and even his friends were in deep mourning. Bastile had vanished, and the impact of it had crushed Emilia. After one year, she understood what it was to be her brother. The whole weight of her family dropped onto her shoulders. She was shattered on the inside, but Emilia spent every hour of every day practicing, honing her Kido, swordplay, etiquette and theory. With the previous assistance from her late brother, Emilia easily made the top seat in her class at the academy, but she wasn't as popular as her dear brother. The absolute lack of joy or pleasure that she drew from her life lead to a cold and formal demeanour, not assisting in the creation of friends. She carved a reputation as cold, precise and elite among her fellow students, and then in the Michael division, as was expected of her as a Valois. Immediately upon her entrance to the Michael divison, she uncovered the name of her Zanpakuto and unlocked it's Shikai release phase. The nature of her blade further added to her reputation. In the real world, she excelled at eliminating low-level hollows. Shooting a single bolt of lightning and piercing their masks from long distance, or carving into a group with her sword in two hands, movements quick, precise and face completely devoid of passion.

After a long while in Michael, a certain comrade of hers', one Marco Delmont, cracked her ice. She was eating a meal in the mess, a few empty spots down from Marco and a group of his friends. They were teasing each other in good humour, and Marco, ever the clever one made a very complex joke referencing both the beard of his father, his friends' foolishness and the promiscuity of his friend's romantic interest. All of the men besides the target of the joke understood it and laughed, but the target, of course as offended as if he had understood the insult, stood and asked what was so funny. For the first time since her brother had died, Emilia giggled, and the whole of her squad froze. It was as if someone had turned the squad into statues, eyes glued on the laughing Emilia, not believing such a sound could be coming from her lips. Gradually, she opened up to the Squad, and a select few became her friends. She teased and was teased as a normal member of the group. The relationship between Marco and Emilia however, developed beyond such a point. After much wandering about the towns and sharing of meals, Emilia believed that they were truly in love. Of course, nothing in Michael division or Emilia's life went without notice, so her father caught wind of her close relationship with the low-born man, and immediately set about making it abundantly clear to her that it wasn't to happen. That although she wasn't promised to anyone, that it most certainly wouldn't be a commoner. Believing her father to be a hypocrite and a tyrant, her first rebellious act was to keep seeing Marco, but not obviously. Once more, her happiness was shattered. Marco, who was in reality, a Cretin and a gold digger, was overheard to be only pursuing her for her status and money. When Emilia inevitably confronted him about it and spurned him, he was furious. A day later, when she was alone, Marco attempted to assault Emilia. The brief fight didn't last long, and Marco died at the end of her blade, once more crushing what little faith Emilia had in her fortunes. Shortly after, a seated officer in the Michael division introduced himself to her as her "guardian," or as Emilia would call it, "bodyguard spy". From then on, Matthis St. Andre was to be her shadow, from a long line of people loyal to her house, but subject only to her father's orders, and not her own.

Ons: Foreplay, Oral, Anal, Spanking, Deep-throating, Flexibility play, Dirty-talk, the rough stuff. Anything you like aside from the offs.

Offs: Scat, vore, watersports

Batman4560