[Closed] Flight 9273 Mayday!

Started by Ket, June 07, 2017, 12:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ket

Flight 9273 Mayday!

The 438 passengers aboard Meridian Air Flight 9273 had multitudes of reasons to be travelling on one of the world's largest airliners non-stop from Los Angeles, California to Sydney, Australia. Those seated in the luxurious first class cabin were mostly the extremely wealthy, only willing to fly if as many of the creature comforts of home were available to them on such a long journey. Those in business class were just that, men and women who worked for companies with international offices and whose jobs demanded such travel. Economy class was mostly filled with tourists, either leaving the United States for some foreign destination, or returning home after a holiday.

The pilot and co-pilot were seasoned airmen, both having flown such long flights multitudes of times during their careers. Each member of the cabin crew was experienced, logging thousands of combined hours in the air providing top-notch customer service, ensuring each and every customer felt as if they were their sole concern. The Airbus A380 that was rocketing through the air at 450 knots was only a few years old, still brand new when it came to airplanes. As far as everyone, passengers and crew were concerned, they were on a routine flight.

Until trouble struck in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, forty thousand feet high in the air.

Little did many of them know that it would be the last flight the majority of them would ever take.

This story is focused around the survivors of a plane crash, who are unfortunately stranded upon a deserted island. Note: this story is in no way like the Lost television series...it's more like the movie Castaway, but with a lot more characters. This group of people, stranded as they are out in the middle of the ocean, must learn how to overcome the tragedy of the plane crash so that they may work together toward surviving and finding a way to be rescued.

GMs:  Ket.  Others possible.

Category:  Extreme Small Groups

Themes:  Trauma, Survival, Building relationships

Availability:  Open to all.  Subject to change.

Style / System:  Sandbox, Freeform, Slice of life.

Setting:  Deserted Island somewhere in the southern Pacific Ocean

Info:  This group will follow the survivors of a plane crash into the ocean, where the passengers are forced to figure out how to survive on a deserted island and work together toward rescue.

The Island: An inactive volcanic island, lush with flora and fauna of many varieties. The island itself is not large, less than a mile wide and two miles long. The remnants of the volcano that rise in its center are 3500 feet at their highest point, however more often than not the slope is near vertical. A small river winds down from the top of the extinct volcano, meeting the ocean on the northern side of the island. It is the only freshwater to be found. The western shore of the island has soft sandy beaches that are strewn with large rock outcroppings, but very little coral. The eastern shore of the island is made of denser sand, littered with small pieces of stone and dead coral that have washed ashore. It is flanked by a large shelf of coral that forms an atoll, where the crystal clear water is rather shallow, but filled with various species of coral and wildlife. In the middle of the atoll is a small lagoon, the remnants of the crater of the old volcano. Beyond the mile-and-a-half deep flat coral shelf the waters become deeper as the edges of the mountainous island sink into the sea.

Food and wildlife abound on the island, including:

• coconut
  • fei bananas
  • breadfruit
  • mangoes
  • betel nut palms
  • taro
  • sweet potato
  • kava
  • bottle gourd
  • tumeric
  • mountain apple
  • tiger and gray sharks
  • manta rays
  • sea turtles
  • barracudas
  • dolphin
  • white tern
  • small reptiles and amphibians
  • and a host of other tropical fish and birds

thumbnails, click to enlarge

Aerial View
Eastern Shoreline
Western Shoreline

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Ket

Questions and Answers

• What is this story about?  This is a sandbox, freeform group story that centers around the survivors of a plane crash who are stranded on a deserted island.
  • What section is this story going be placed in? Extreme Small Groups. The story itself is not extreme, however the chance for something that may not fit into the other categories to occur is possible, so this is where it's going.
  • Is this LGBTQ Friendly?  Of course!  Everyone is welcome.
  • Who are the GMs? For the moment, just Ket. That is subject to change in the future.
  • How many characters per player?  There will be a maximum of two (2) characters per participant.
  • Is there an age limit when it comes to characters?  All characters must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.  No exceptions.
  • What sort of events will be taking place?  Most of the story will revolve around the relationships formed between characters as they struggle to survive and find a way to be rescued. GM events will occur, such as storms or random pieces of wreckage washing ashore. These events will be discussed in more detail if there is enough interest in the game.
  • What's the in-story location?  A random deserted island somewhere in the southern Pacific Ocean
  • What's the Story to Smut Ratio?  That depends entirely upon the participating writers.  I would ideally like more story than smut, with relationships and character growth being the focus of storytelling, but as has been stated, it depends entirely upon the participating writers.
  • How, in terms of time frame, is this going to play out? There will be three open days, IC (In-Character) to post and have fun, before, after some time, one or more days of that open three days will be closed, and the next section of days will be open. Should scenes still need to be completed after a new set of days has begun, there will be a thread available to finish such.
  • Will there be a leader of the group? There will be no set de-facto leader of the group. The GM's character will not be taking on such a role either. Any sort of leadership that forms within the group of characters will happen organically throughout the story.

Rules

• Real life ALWAYS comes first!  This is just writing, and having fun.  If you need to step away, feel free to step away.  We'll always be around, and there is no rush.  But if you're going to be away, please let it be known either to the GM or in the OOC.
  • Be respectful of your fellow writers!  No Godmodding!  Always check to see if the other person is alright with something when it comes to kinks, whether through PMs, Character Sheets, or their On's and Off's thread. If another player allows you to godmod their character please let the GM know in advance, either through PM or the OOC thread
  • Characters MUST be eighteen years of age or older.  This is for the comfort of everyone involved.
  • List the content of your post in the warning section of the header if it's something sexual or violent. While this game is pretty relaxed about story elements, as long as they fit within the site rules, some individuals may not be alright with reading over certain elements and kinks.  It's totally fine to make fun of the warning section and put jokes in there.  I do it all the time myself, but please list extreme elements or sexual elements.
  • Humans only!  No mythical creatures, aliens, etc.  Mortal humans only.
  • Follow the Site Rules.  Needless to say.
  • Keep your characters on the island and within the confines of the lagoon and atoll, unless discussed with the GM.  This is for the sake of the story and everyone involved.  The concept of the story is to have the group work toward rescue together, not one or two individuals build a tree canoe and take off into the wild blue.
  • Don't force sex scenes on writers.  Again, please be respectful of your fellow writers.  If a player does not want their character to develop that sort of relationship with yours, accept that and move on.
  • Don't be afraid to speak up.  If something is bothering you, you're feeling left out, or you want to get out, don't hesitate to let the GM(s) know.
  • Let the GM(s) know, or post in the OOC, if you are going to be away for an extended amount of time.  This is mainly for the sake of everyone involved.  If you're having muse issues, need to take a bit of a break, unable to post, or just want to leave, please at least let it be known in the OOC.  The muse comes and goes.  I know that all too well.
  • Leave the drama at the door. If you can't get along with an individual, then don't interact with them.  I am not choosing between individuals as to who stays and who goes.  I'm not getting into the middle of others' drama.  If you can't handle being in the same game as another individual, don't bother.
  • Keep it civil.  There's no need for arguing and it won't be tolerated.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Ket

Characters

• No more than 15 characters in total will be accepted.
  • All characters MUST be 18 years or older, no exceptions. Characters of all races, ethnicities, genders, and sexual preferences are welcome.
  • No character may be an expert in survival. They may have certain skills that will be extremely helpful in the current situation, but no Bear Grylls types, please.
  • I will only accept a total of three (3) character sheets whose occupation was members of the air crew. This is limited to flight attendants only,
    as the pilot, co-pilot, and senior flight attendant did not survive.
  • Players may have a maximum of two (2) characters.
  • A minimum amount of pre-established couples will be allowed, and the characters cannot be written by the same player.
  • Both positive and negative relationships between characters are not only welcomed, but encouraged!
  • Sheets must be correctly formatted before being posted.  I am more than willing to help if need be.
  • Sheets must be submitted to the GM(s).  Approval process can take anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days.  GMs have lives too, you know.
  • Pictures must be actual individuals, who are over the age of 18.  Photos that are overtly cartoonish or anime will not be allowed and will not be accepted.

Sample Character Sheet

[center][b][size=14pt]Character Name Here[/size][/b][/center]

[float=right][img height=250 padding=10]-insert img url here-[/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]  Is there a different name your character prefers to be called? Put it here

[b]Age:[/b] The age of your character. (must be 18+)

[b]Appearance:[/b] Anything not included in your character's pictures that you would like to be known.

[b]Sexual Preference:[/b] Is your character heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual, pansexual, asexual?

[b]Occupation:[/b] What does your character do for work?

[b]Special Skills:[/b] Does your character have any special skills or abilities that could be helpful?

[b]Biography & History:[/b] What is your character's history? What sort of person are they today?

[b]Relationships:[/b] Does not need to be filled out immediately, but please list if they are positive or negative.

[b]Ons and Offs:[/b] A link to your O/O's, or a list of O/O's specific to your character

[b]Additional Images:[/b] Please include these as links, in the following format: [url=urlgoeshere]One[/url]  [url=urlgoeshere]Two[/url]  etc.

Character Directory

Character Name
Georgiana Attenborough
Damian Clarke
Megan York
Kalani Kamealoa Jr.
Reserved
Petra Keylige
Michael James Clement
Delicia Aurora Vega
Andrew Whitfield
Saif Auvry
Amber Belle
Kathleen Lockheart
Kiera Church

Occupation
Paramedic
Civil Engineer
Geologist
Int'l Military Task Force
Reserved
Professional Model
Oil Drilling Engineer
Firefighter
U.S District Judge
Photojournalist
Culinary Arts
Surgeon
Cabin Crew

Writer
Ket
Jason Hunter
Valerian
Juggtacular
Dashenka
shii
Nightlux
Kokaine
GnothiSeauton
Supias
AribethAmkiir
Sofia Grace
mia h

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Ket

Jason Hunter

Please sign me up as well. I was just thinking of making something like this when I saw your post. It was perfect timing. I'll write out a character sheet as soon as I can. :)

Jason Hunter

Damian Clarke

Name: Clarky to all his close friends

Sexual Preference: Hetrosexual

Special Skills: Great with small structures, even primitive shelters. Also an avid camping outdoorsman.

Biography & History: Damian was from a small town in Wadonga in Victoria, Australia. It was a small farming town where everyone knew everyone. Everyone knew your business and if you were in trouble, everyone knew your father. Damian was great with his hands, helping his dad with the family range all the time but Damian wanted more. He was ambitious and never saw himself ending up taking over the family farm. Damian often spent most of his weekends either working on the ranch or his favorite was the outdoors, camping on the huge range they owned, pitching a tent and spending nights by the river, staring into the fire dreaming of a different life.

That's where his now wife, Chelsea, stepped in. She was new to the school, new to the town and Damian took an immediate infatuation with her. She had big dreams, dreams of college and the world beyond and that just spoke out to him. She made him strive for better marks, better grades and soon he was the only person in his family to be accepted to university to study civil engineering. Damian and Chelsea soon fell in love, they were high school sweet hearts and they were everything to each other. They went to the same university and moved into the same house. The qualified together and waited until their financial situation was good enough to buy a house and get married, living the dream.

The financial situation was never as good as they wanted but finally at the age of 30 they had tied the knot, heading to the states for their honeymoon. Unfortunately not everything in life can be planned out as they had planned the start of the life. The honeymoon turned to tragedy with a plane crash, the love of Damian's life passing away in it, leaving him a wreck that either needs to snap out of it and survive or he will fade away and disappear, joining his wife in death.

Relationships: Only his wife, they were travelling on their honeymoon when the plane crash happened. His wife never made it.

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=61194

Valerian

"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

mia h

Are you thinking the story is a full on Lost type thing or more leaning towards Wrecked? (Just trying to calibrate  :-) )
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: mia h on June 07, 2017, 12:49:21 PM
Are you thinking the story is a full on Lost type thing or more leaning towards Wrecked? (Just trying to calibrate  :-) )

I think it's a little more like Wrecked, but more serious.  Kinda like Lost, but without all of the supernatural stuff.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Jason Hunter

And doesn't end with everyone being in a dream 😂

Ket

Quote from: mia h on June 07, 2017, 12:49:21 PM

Not like Lost at all. There won't be any other people on the island, period...and the survivors will most certainly be alive, not dead or dreaming or whatever it was that they finally figured out at the end of Lost. (I admit, I couldn't make it farther than the third season).

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on June 07, 2017, 12:53:43 PM
I think it's a little more like Wrecked, but more serious.  Kinda like Lost, but without all of the supernatural stuff.

This. Add in some Castaway - only there's more than one person whose survived.

shii

Valerian

*throws character in!*

Megan York

Name: Megan, Meg

Appearance: She dislikes dressing up and avoids it whenever possible.  Thanks to all the time she's spent out in the field, she has various small scars, though nothing very obvious except for a long pale scar across the back of her left hand.

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Special Skills: Geology, botany, animal identification.

Biography & History: Megan was the only child of wealthy parents, and consequently a little spoiled materially.  On the other hand, she has never really felt like she belonged anywhere.  Her mother died in a car crash shortly after Megan was born, and her father never quite came to terms with this loss.  He went travelling to forget, leaving his infant daughter in the care of a nanny, supervised by Megan's aunt, her mother's sister.  But the aunt had children of her own, and though she was obviously fond of Megan, the girl always felt there was always a certain distinction between her and them.

Being a reasonably intelligent and determined child, she decided to excel at everything she possibly could, in hopes of luring her father back for more than the occasional brief visit at Christmas or her birthday.  This seemed to work, at least for a while now and then -- his visits did grow a little longer, and slightly more frequent -- but there was still no real bond between father and daughter.

Settling on geology as her favorite pursuit, Megan's focus helped her succeed quickly; at 27, she's quite young to have a doctorate.  But just after she earned that doctorate, her father died, and now she feels a little lost.  Having lost the goal of so many years, she's trying to find something to replace it, to fill the sense of loss.

She's travelling now mainly to make a mark in her chosen field, wanting to study and publish as much as she can.  Though she isn't quite as much of a workaholic as this makes her sound, she is always serious about her work.

She has money, but you'd never know it by looking at her.  She dresses the way she needs to to get the job done, which in her case usually means things like khakis and hiking boots, and leaves the handling of her money to her father's lawyers.  She rarely goes home anymore, despite having kept the house -- only the caretakers live there now.

Though normally quiet, talking about her work, or any other subject that interests her, brings her out of her shell, and she often shows an infectious enthusiasm for those subjects.

Relationships: None for now.

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=10385.0

Additional Images: (In progress)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Juggtacular

Kalani Kamealoa Jr.

Name:  Tito

Appearance: Kalani is a mountain of a man, as he stands at 6'3 and is roughly 245lbs due to a combination of good genetics,  training and active field duty, as well as just being active when he's off duty. His body is covered in a plethora of tribal and military tattoos.

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Special Skills: Hunting, Carpentry, Swimming

Biography & History: Thirty years ago Kalani was born in Honolulu. His mother was Hawaiian, and his father was Maori. They had big families on both islands, so he spent lots of time going back and forth between them, learning about his family and heritage on both sides. He grew up big and strong, very fast. By middle school, he was surfing, playing football, and in martial arts classes to keep him busy.

As well as his continued learning of his Polynesian heritage and traditions. He kept a 4.0 GPA through school and got a full scholarship to University of Hawaii. Instead of taking it however, he surprised everyone and joined the Marines. He excelled there, and in a few short years he was approached by a representative for an international joint task force, taking the best and brightest from militaries all over the world like GRU, Mossad, Royal Air Force, and the Marines.

He accepted the offer, and for the past five years has worked for an organization called "Black Box" that handles jobs normal militaries can't due to treaties and laws and such. After nearly a year of missions back to back, Kalani was finally forced to take a few months off. So he decided to start with a vacation in Australia. He could see some battle buddies, climb Uluru(Ayer's Rock), maybe even go to the Opera House.

Relationships: None yet

Ons and Offs: In Progress

Additional Images: In ProgressOne  Two  etc.

Ket

Since there seems to be plenty of interest, I'll switch this over to a recruitment thread, and throw in some more information about the island.

Ket

Added information about the island to the first post, and links to the accepted character and OOC threads.

Please don't just post a character sheet in the accepted character thread unless I've given the go ahead, thanks!

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Dashenka

Oh yes. Hell yes.

Expect a character sheet soon.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

mia h

I'd be interested in making a member of the flight crew, but I'm going to be a little too busy for the next couple of days to do a proper job on a CS.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Dashenka

New character will be updated soon!
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Ket

Quote from: mia h on June 08, 2017, 05:23:13 AM
I'd be interested in making a member of the flight crew, but I'm going to be a little too busy for the next couple of days to do a proper job on a CS.

Take your time! I'm not looking to officially start until at least Monday.

Jason Hunter

Damn, am I going to have to get all down this weekend to try get into character :P At least we have a ''cold'' front and crap weather heading our way this weekend, that should help lol.

Ket

I'm giving it time to see if there is more interest. Plus, we're finally getting warmth this weekend and I'll finally be able to go to the water park.

shii

Petra Keylige

Name:  Some people call him Princess, which he hates

Appearance: He is about five foot ten. Often he is mistaken for a female as his features are very feminine. He doesn’t mind this but it can get him into trouble.

Sexual Preference: homosexual

Special Skills: He actually has quite a head for chemistry, he is artistic in the sense he can draw and sculpt, quick learner

Biography & History: Petra grew up the youngest of four elder brothers in a very rich family. His father is a CEO to Sinopec and his mother is an interior designer. His mother always wanted a little girl so Petra’s feminine qualities were encouraged. Petra didn’t see his father much but his mother was very active in the community and always had friends and other family members over. Petra never had to want for anything and as the youngest was spoiled more than his older brothers. His parents were always very lenient and indulgent with him so he never really got the discipline he would have needed. Despite this he maintained a 4.0 in school.

He took a break from school to pursue a modeling career. His agents loved him and he became somewhat of a hit in the modeling world, frequently dressing in feminine attire. This was unfortunately not good for his already rather flamboyant attitude. While he could be charismatic and fun to be around he could also be quite a brat.

More recently he was going to be doing a photo shoot in Australia. He was very excited to do it and couldn’t wait. While he had been on many trips out of the country and was quite familiar with flying, mother wouldn’t let him go by himself of course, and sent along one of their loyal body guards (let me know if someone wants to play this role otherwise I will have him die in the crash).

Relationships: None yet.

Ons and Offs:

Character specific Ons: He has not had a lot of sexual experience but he enjoys being a power bottom, that is his partner tops him but he tells them what to do and maintains control. Spanking (bare hand, belt, switch), this will be something that unbeknownst to him really turns him on as he has never really had any true discipline before in his life. It would be a way for him to be able to let go and be forced to submit to his partner. Fingering, rimming, risk of getting caught or heard, cock sucking both receiving and giving, light BDSM as in some restraint, a gag, blindfold and perhaps being made to obey orders.

Character specific Offs: No scat, mutation and stuff like that. However, pm me if you want to try a little golden shower and we can talk.

Additional Images:  (sorry I don't know why the images are not taking the format)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide