News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Fable - One Year Later

Started by Primarch, November 14, 2010, 07:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vengurd

I suppose I should make it clear I have played and beat the game?

I already know most of this, but since she decided to change it 'round, I figured I'd throw in some 'helpful tools' Wasn't trying to say this is how htings should be.

Thank you for explaining the marriage system for me, and nice work with the kid. ;P

Ironwolf85

kay.. I thought I'd include a monster roster for those less fable- knowlageable among you or those who haven't played Fable 3 yet here are some of the major enemy types.

Mercenaries: Bandits have been all but eliminated by the albion military machine, instead Mercenaries have risen to take their place. Professional former soldiers for hire they might freelance and attack travelers, or be bought to fight by a wealthy patron. Mercs stand togeather under the flag of a bloody eagle used to identify deserters. For all their brutality and savagery they are still soldiers, and still have a basic military code they live by, it's why they don't kill children for example. they have access to military hardware such as cannon and grenades. Some mercs have heroic blood, and are therefore bigger, stronger, and can wield basic magics.

Hobbes: disgusting brutish goblin/gremlin like creatures. in reality they started as orphaned children that gave their souls to Dark nymphs in extange for being able to play forever. the Dark Nymphs might be mostly dead and gone, but the hobbes survive, turning lost children into more of themselves, and harassing adults violently. cross goblins, lord of the flies, and peter pan and you have hobbes. oh and FYI, hobbes main source of food is adult humans. with all the child labor, and orphaned children in bowerstone (before then new king stopped it all) the hob population has exploded! especally in the sewers of Industiral

Balverines: simmilar to werewolves, born from the infected survivors of The Balverlorn in anchent days (it's dead now... heroes killed it) most are feral brutes that exist only to slaughter, kill, and eat humans. Those who survive become Balverines themselves. in recent decades industrialization has pushed them to the brink, and into myth.
Many remained among the nobility hiding their secret, but when the future King faced them at Reaver's party, he dragged their secret out, beat the tar out of them, and sent them scattering into the surrounding countryside. Balverines have again become a problem in the forested and wooded areas of the world especally Silverpines where most of them fled.

most balverines are mindless brutes, but those bitten during a full moon become White balverines, retaining their intelligence even if they are corrupted by the blood in their veins. they are the natural leaders of the pack, and very dangerious.

Sand Furies: not much is known about this all female tribe of raiders in aurora, except that they are incredibly fast, agile, and hostile. Persionally I think they might have a story simmilar to hobbes... but that's just me

Trolls: nope... one of logan's few popular acts was to send the military to eliminate every last troll in albion, it worked. trolls are an endangered species.

the children: the crawler's children, not much is known, but they are evil enough that make the temple of shadows look kind by compasison. their failed attack on Albion hit with mindnumbing horror, seeping into every home, and attacking every person. only the military saved Albion from the Children, as the King saved them from the Crawler itself. the children still exist in their temple in Auroa, but without the Crawler they are no longer a threat to the nation.
here you see the former King Logan facing the crawler on his adventurers abroad... he returned a broken man, and a tryant hell bent on building a military powerhouse to face the crawler, regardless of cost to his people.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Vengurd

Very well done Wolf! (btw, love the name) Though I do believe there is a bit about the Sand furries in one of the thirty rare books, it claims that they had once been a tribe of both male and female, but the female had killed all the males, everything else about them was a mystery, as is their ability to reproduce without a male......Futa/herm anyone?

Ironwolf85

thank you.
and futa sandfuries sounds about right
oh and here's the last pic I have, the future king in logan's shoes protecting his loyal friend walter as they search for a way out.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Vengurd

Rock on! I like that he is wearing the masquerade mask from Reaver's ball. Very well depicted.

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Ironwolf85

anyway back to the game... I know who I'm playing

Kate

thanks for the feedback

hopefully this reads a lot better :

Vengurd

Thank you for making the requested changes. It looks and feels more readable to me. Good stuff.

Dracoat

So hows the thread progress coming along?

"Forgiveness may not change the past, but it opens doors to the future."

I've taken theOath of Drake!
Check out my Introduction!
O/Os
If I'm not posting on time please check my A/A!

Grimmwolf

Name:Ravus Wolfbane
Hero of:Driftwood
Appearance:Add white to the coat and hat instead of the red.

Strength:4
Stature:3
Magic Aura:1

Melee Weapon:Silver rapier, Aka Wolfbane
Melee Skill:4
Ranged Weapon: Several pistols
Ranged Skill:4
Magic Spells:Assassin Rush, Turncoat, Force Push
Magic Skill:1

Personality: Ravus is the strong, silent type, but to the people of Driftwood, he is always kind and helpful. Though he is generally weary of outsiders, he is always willing to give someone a chance to prove themselves in one way or another.

History: Born and raised in Driftwood, his family  was a bunch of witchhunters. Ravus' parents, however, didn't want that sort of life for him, so they hada traveling blacksmith take him on as his apprentice at the age of 7. Even in the wilds of the world, Ravus grew up to be quite strong and quick with a gun to defend his master whilst traveling. It had been ten years after leaving Driftwood, Ravus had been so excited to see his family, but had come to find they had been slaughtered in the recent balverine attacks. Devastated, Ravus and the blacksmith had stayed in his old home, which the town had started to reconstruct in the Wolfbane's memory. That night, he heard the howls and the screams, anger and rage fueled Ravus and he grabbed his Ancestor's sword, the sword that his family was named after, it was old, but the blade seemed to feel right in his hands. He loaded up some pistols and silver bullets and witnessed a massacre of the people of the tavern, it was then that Ravus began to kill, and slaughter each and every one of the balverines he could find. When there were no more in sight, he had heard the howl from his home, and a scream. He ran to his home and two large white Balverines were tearing into the blacksmith's corpse. Without hesitation, Ravus slaughtered to the two. He was breathing heavily in rage when he noticed a locket on one Balverine, the locket was of his father,his mother and himself as a baby. He took the locket and buried  his parents and the blacksmith. it was there after that Ravus was considered the hero of Driftwood.
Don't Worry, I'm a Proffesional

Primarch

Character thread & OOC thread.

IC thread is coming tonight, we still need a King or a Queen, if anyone knows someone suitable t'would be great to have organised. The threads are set up in the bondage, for no other reason then because if one of you are captured you might be all tied up. XD Otherwise I don't know if the game will have much bump N grind. (But hey, no reason you can't get freaky on Royal Court's table when nobody else is around).

Cherry Bloodrayne

A good game now ruined by a roleplay :(

Dracoat

Quote from: Cherry Bloodrayne on November 18, 2010, 11:16:29 AM
A good game now ruined by a roleplay :(

*Points to post* Are there any rules against trolling?

O/Os

Primarch

Quote from: Dracoat on November 18, 2010, 11:19:55 AM
*Points to post* Are there any rules against trolling?

Not sure actually, I think there might be rules about being civil in general. Ignore her anyway. If I read in an article that Peter Molyneux is dropping the Fable series because of a roleplay I'll pay attention. Until then, trollz be trollin.

Dracoat

O/Os

Ironwolf85

did I not already say? the military has a bounty on trolls in fable...
GET THE TROLL!
but seriously I'm just gonna play now

Wheresmycow

Sadly, the rule of being civil means you can't counter-troll either, which I have to say is great fun when you're RP'ing on a MMO and someone is trying to grief.

Their tears are delicious.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Primarch

Bowerstone Castle IC Feel free to start there. Apologies it isn't longer, stressful week. <.<

Primarch

Knothole Island has become free for anyone who wishes to take up a character.

Primarch

I'm currently looking for a co-GM to help me out, anyone interested in joining in?

Vostroya

Looking for new people to help with a restart for the story. I will post a new storyline once one is agreed upon.

Kate

Vostroya

Absolutely I had fun with both our characters arguing.

Kate

you did the king really well :)

Verbal tassles with your character was great !

Hey if it is one year later still, we have two sets of people, some exploring a new area (perhaps for a cure / solution)
while others are trying to keep a few small fortified towns (what came of the group we saved)
from tearing themselves to pieces... and that those that are part of the explorer team / keepers of the peace team swap regularly / or meet up regularly (ie the exploring team isny months away but days and makes return visits pretty often)