News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Keep in the Forest

Started by Jarulf, April 26, 2015, 01:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarulf

The old keep stands on a lonely spur of rock, a strong and stern reminder that the lord here rules the village and valley below.  Wilderness rules what lies beyond the edges of that valley, the dark wall of the forest to the north and east, the mountains to the south and west. The Kingdom has fallen and the keep now stands alone until order has been restored, how will the lord and his subjects survive?

I would like a relatively small group game that deals with life in an isolated community like this, set in a medieval-style low fantasy setting. While I don't want the story to focus on the gritty details of survival, the threat of starvation, of raiding bands of bandits or 'forest people' and so on could help drive the plot, or provide scenes for action.

Most PCs would come from the keep or the village below, but the occasional stranger could wander in as well. All sorts of characters, genders and orientations should be welcome, as long as they don't break the general feel of the setting (e.g no two-headed, tripple-gendered aliens with ray guns from outer space).
Sexiness, general interaction and adventure are all equally welcome.

Anyone up for organising something like that?

Rook Seidhr

Define "relatively small"; how many players would you expect? How many major NPCs?

System, system-lite, or free-form?

rikka

The concept is very interesting.  Tentative interest for now.
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Jarulf

Thanks for the interest.

I was thinking of around five players, but don't want to put a hard limit on that.

The Lord should probably be run by the GM, as a way to hand out missions, control GM events and being lordy in general. Aside from that, I'm not sure we need that many major NPCs. Priest and/or prisetess, a minor mage of some sort, but those roles could be filled by players.
I'd probably play a hunter.

I'd prefer freeform, but am ok with a light system if it was freely available. I don't have that many systems myself, basically just Basic Roleplaying and RuneQuest.

Rook Seidhr

Sounds like what you have in mind is not something I'm interested in running or playing. *shrug* Oh well. May you find a compatible GM soon!

Jarulf

Thanks anyway. Hope you find something more to your own tastes

Ixy

I keep looking for games like this to take off and keep moving.  I'd like to take part, but I can't be reliable enough to run it.

Jarulf

I'm a terrible GM, or I'd run it myself. ;-)