Interest check- City in the Clouds (slavery, futuristic)

Started by WindVoyager, May 15, 2015, 08:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindVoyager

Heavily inspired by Bioschock Infinite, Columbia is a steampunk floating city suspended in the air through a combination of giant blimps, balloons, reactors, propellers and mainly quantum levitation. Columbia is a place of few rules or laws. Provided you are rich. The lower classes are oppressed, poorly paid if at all and trod upon by the upper classes and viewed as nothing but slave labor or worse. The upper and middles classes are strictly enforced and separated by the government by law with the lower classes mainly being indentured servants, laborers and even salves. Or worse, secretly shuffled off during the night to a hidden lab to be an experiment.

For all its owner, tech and beauty, Columbia is a false utopia. There is a revolt in the stirring in the oppressed masses, a made scientist paying lowly grunts to snatch people to turn them into monstrous things or preform unspeakable experiments on them, the upper class want to hold onto thier power and continue to oppress the lower classes and there is something dark brewing in the shadows

Slavery of the lower classes is legal and having a house hold 'pet' is considered to be fashionable. 

Darkleather

WindVoyager

I don't think I've seen a Bioshock inspired game one here. I love how deep and complex the story for the series and love the idea of there being this large floating city above the clouds.

We've got steampunk, slavery, oppression, a rising in the making, a mad scientist and hidden lab, monstrous creatures. Whats there not to like?

Darkleather

Quote from: WindVoyager on May 16, 2015, 09:59:13 AM
I don't think I've seen a Bioshock inspired game one here. I love how deep and complex the story for the series and love the idea of there being this large floating city above the clouds.

We've got steampunk, slavery, oppression, a rising in the making, a mad scientist and hidden lab, monstrous creatures. Whats there not to like?

It does seem to have something for everyone :)

Holmes

When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230163.0

Heartsink

WindVoyager

I'm thinking of instead of there being just one main plot set in stone, there are mini plots that all hook together at one point or another.

The mad scientist that pays grunts to snatch the lower classes to preform horrible experiments on them, maybe trying to replicate the Songbird Project since the creature is regaining a mind and will of its own and they can't have that happen.

Someones wife\husband\adult child\what ever have you gets kidnapped and they go searching for them and accidentally discover the dark secrets of the city

A small group of oppressed people form a rebel group and sabotage the the large 'whistles' scatted around key points in the city that summon and control the Songbird during the night then stage a massive protest\riot during the day. When the cities protector never shows up it will cause a ripple through the masses

Kimmy

I'm interested, and perhaps I need to actually try bio shock at some point... It really does sound like a lot of fun. So, are the players on all sides? Are we the rebels? Or trying to protect the city somehow?
Posting rate: Moderate       Currently Chasing: Playful, Romance & Something Rough.
A&A           RL Issues: Some Insomnia.
Offsite RP's: 2 online + 1 RL. Currently Craving: Romance and just a touch of something darker...

WindVoyager

QuoteI'm interested, and perhaps I need to actually try bio shock at some point... It really does sound like a lot of fun. So, are the players on all sides? Are we the rebels? Or trying to protect the city somehow?

There should be players on both sides. One side wants to protect the city and the other wants throw off the bonds of oppression and free themselves from the upper classes. Both sides have assess to bio weapons. Whom ever manges to gain control of the city's ultimate protector, Songbird, will likely be the wining side though I wont make it easy on them. 

dror

Is this still happening? I might be interested.
I want to play a sex slave... But for the resistance. The same people who want to thwart slavery. Technically they refuse to call him a slave, but he is one for all intents and purposes. He provides sexual release for the fighters and is provided with food and shelter in return.