[End Crisis] A Marvel / X-Men Game Recruiting

Started by Wispyr, March 08, 2017, 06:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wispyr

Quote from: BlackStone on May 05, 2017, 10:08:33 PM
Which is the nice trope with Franklin Richards powers as they can be used to explain sending people to other alternative continuities.  The time line in which the character had his origin was not where he ended up as he was originally used in an Age of Apocalypse role play.  As for the power absorption, its never more than one power at once, and never more than an hour.  Character was originally created using the old Marvel FASERIP random character generation from the Ultimate Powers Book where he ended up with the powers Residual Absorption,  Weapons Tinkering, Hyper Intelligence, and Iron Will.
Powers, in that case, might be plausible. However, as much as I hate to outright say no to an idea... I'd much rather see a character that was designed in this setting. Getting beyond the fact that means there could be a second one of the character, that introduces a lot of themes into the game that I'd rather stay away from for plot reasons. More importantly, though it gives the character no tether, no claim, to the events that are going on.

Quote from: persephone325 on May 05, 2017, 10:12:41 PM
Is the list in the second post up to date?
I... Believe so.

Quote from: Empyrean on May 05, 2017, 11:08:56 PM
If I end up with Polaris, would she still be Magneto's daughter in this setting? Because I had the thought that she might be a daughter he didn't know he had and she didn't know anything about him until they meet in-game.
So in this sense she doesn't need to be. As for if you'd want her to be, you'd need to reach out to Orange Marmalade and work that out. Otherwise it makes no difference to me. :D

Sasquatch421

Ok so I have a small question, and will just ask it here so others can see... What past events might be expectable, or will you handle them on a case by case basis? For example if we do second characters I have been thinking about either Silver Claw or Maverick which brings their own things...

Maverick: While he is older then Magneto by 3 or 4 years he has that great Weapon X genetic tampering that keeps him in the 30's, plus the Team X past. Team X with Logan and Creed might not be as bad, but Maverick is the only Legacy Virus survivor...

Silver Claw: A bit easier I think... She is from South America, but was sponsored with donations by Edwin Jarvis. How would that be handled with the movie universe making Jarvis an A.I.? 

Kuroneko

Perhaps the answer to both is that they would need to be re-imagined for this particular take on the Marvelverse?

Oh, and I think you're still listed as playing Spiral in the character list rather than Morph, in answer to Persephone's question ;-)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 06, 2017, 06:36:00 PM
Perhaps the answer to both is that they would need to be re-imagined for this particular take on the Marvelverse?

Oh, and I think you're still listed as playing Spiral in the character list rather than Morph, in answer to Persephone's question ;-)

I think Persephone meant the list on page 10 I think? Morph is on there. None the less I've come to the conclusion that Spiral would be to much of a pain for me to adapt to this storyline. Werewolf By Night was also one of my idea's but opened up another can of worms including Dracula, Man-Thing and Franken Castle....

Kuroneko

Ohhhh. Since she said second post, I thought she meant the first page, lol.

persephone325

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 06, 2017, 08:23:11 PM
Ohhhh. Since she said second post, I thought she meant the first page, lol.

I was referring to that one, since it's with all the other game info. lol
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Kuroneko

persephone325

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 06, 2017, 09:43:11 PM
Yay, I wasn't confused after all! ;-)

lol It does look like they're both up to date, anyway. XD I was just curious because it was updated at the end of March and I wasn't sure how many more people had joined/expressed interest since then. ^^
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Kuroneko

The first one still says Sasquatch is playing spiral, unless I'm looking at a different post, which is quite possible, lol.

persephone325

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 06, 2017, 10:41:33 PM
The first one still says Sasquatch is playing spiral, unless I'm looking at a different post, which is quite possible, lol.

lol I only glanced at them, so I could be mistaken.
I don't know.

VonDoom

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on May 06, 2017, 06:28:29 PM
Silver Claw: A bit easier I think... She is from South America, but was sponsored with donations by Edwin Jarvis. How would that be handled with the movie universe making Jarvis an A.I.?

This isn't the movie universe, but J.A.R.V.I.S. does exist as an A.I. In the movie universe as expanded by Sharon Carter - Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., Jarvis was an actual person and butler who still served the Stark family and was the inspiration for the A.I. You'll have to check with Wispyr if he incorporated that element along with the AI version and, if so, whether the human Jarvis was acting as butler to the Avengers.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Empyrean

Interest Declaration

Hero: Polaris | Lorelei Dane
Category: Mostly Canon
Class: Class 3
Faceclaim: ?
General Info: N/A.