[End Crisis] A Marvel / X-Men Game Recruiting

Started by Wispyr, March 08, 2017, 06:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wispyr

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 08, 2017, 11:42:15 PM
and I DID!!! I updated my post cause I didn't want to double post lol
Er mah gaaawdddd. Okay! What do you need help on with that? I shall guide you!

la dame en noir

Quote from: Wispyr on March 08, 2017, 11:44:26 PM
Er mah gaaawdddd. Okay! What do you need help on with that? I shall guide you!
what class level to pick and if I should choose rookie or veteran.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Wispyr

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 08, 2017, 11:46:14 PM
what class level to pick and if I should choose rookie or veteran.
Well... That's really up to you. -Chuckles- That's all personal preference. I will say two things:

• Storm was part of the original X-Men when Charles died. So I'll have some info for you.
  • We currently have 2 Veteran style characters. So her being a Rookie is good for the game over all (at this early point in recruitment), but I def feel like she should be class 3. That said she'd make a good 'advanced leader' as well.

la dame en noir

Quote from: Wispyr on March 08, 2017, 11:48:38 PM
Well... That's really up to you. -Chuckles- That's all personal preference. I will say two things:

• Storm was part of the original X-Men when Charles died. So I'll have some info for you.
  • We currently have 2 Veteran style characters. So her being a Rookie is good for the game over all (at this early point in recruitment), but I def feel like she should be class 3. That said she'd make a good 'advanced leader' as well.
Kay, thats what I needed. I just wasn't sure which direction to go. I shallll make the some edits.
A&A | FxF |

Wispyr

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 08, 2017, 11:49:37 PM
Kay, thats what I needed. I just wasn't sure which direction to go. I shallll make the some edits.
Or just post again so I don't have to scroll backwards because that's straaaange. :P

PhantomPistoleer

I am interested.  I don't know who I want to write, though.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

la dame en noir

Quote from: Wispyr on March 08, 2017, 11:50:09 PM
Or just post again so I don't have to scroll backwards because that's straaaange. :P
omg Wispyr
A&A | FxF |

Wispyr

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on March 08, 2017, 11:56:33 PM
I am interested.  I don't know who I want to write, though.
That one guy that you like who is cool and you want to recreate as awesome.

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 08, 2017, 11:58:03 PM
omg Wispyr
I know... Silly me... Wanting recent posts in a board with limitless space. >.>

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

AribethAmkiir

bah... I love Wispyr games, and I love the X-Men, but this one looks a bit too dark.  :/

Wispyr

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on March 09, 2017, 12:08:22 AM
bah... I love Wispyr games, and I love the X-Men, but this one looks a bit too dark.  :/
Gotta fight for the light. Come deliver some hope and radiance!

Orange Marmalade

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

PhantomPistoleer

If no one needs a foil for their character, I think I would like to play as good-guy Victor Creed.

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

VonDoom

Had to wrestle a bit with myself due to my dislike for comics based games relying on faceclaims ... but this looks too interesting to pass on and it'll probably be simple enough to google past fan suggestions. Thoughts are currently wavering between Gambit (not sure how well he'd go over or if there are any plans for him, since Rogue looks to have a set role already), Multiple Man and Strong Guy. Or versions of Nightcrawler or Iceman that lean more on the Age of Apocalypse.

... so many possible characters I love. Anyone maybe have any particular wants?  ;D
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Amarlo

Dooooom! ;D

Oh man, you suck. I love Gambit. I've had a major crush on him since I was a kid. xD Hahaha.

Either way, if I were you, I wouldn't rely on other characters for your character's history. In this setting characters can be completely different on multiple facets, so at this point just worry about who/what you'd rather portray.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Wispyr

Quote from: VonDoom on March 09, 2017, 01:02:09 AM
Had to wrestle a bit with myself due to my dislike for comics based games relying on faceclaims ... but this looks too interesting to pass on and it'll probably be simple enough to google past fan suggestions. Thoughts are currently wavering between Gambit (not sure how well he'd go over or if there are any plans for him, since Rogue looks to have a set role already), Multiple Man and Strong Guy. Or versions Nightcrawler or Iceman that lean more on the Age of Apocalypse.

... so many possible characters I love. Anyone maybe have any particular wants?  ;D
Been awhile since you've come to play! Welcome!

As for some of your concerns, at least as far as Gambit goes - because this game very distinctly sets itself apart from the things that have happened in the comic, those relations need not have taken place. That is, for the purposes of this, Rogue and Gambit never had a thing. It's entirely plausible that they've never met - given that there was no school. Like Amarlo said (cause I had to tell her) this is you telling your story of that character. Because their origins and what not as far as comics are concerned need not be reality here.

I'm particular to Nightcrawler, I think he doesn't get enough love.

Amarlo

Quote from: Wispyr on March 09, 2017, 01:08:18 AM
I'm particular to Nightcrawler, I think he doesn't get enough love.

I would love me some Nightcrawler so fast. >.>

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

VonDoom

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome!   :-) Yeah, I just figured you might have had some background bits for him already, like with Storm. I'll give it some more thought.

Namor might be neat, too, come to think of it. Or if for some reason we end up with a huge surplus on guys, I could also be tempted towards Rachel Summers, I'm sure there's some way to put her together with ... little to no time shenanigans and keep her core intact.  ;D

O&O

Wispyr

Quote from: VonDoom on March 09, 2017, 01:17:12 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the welcome!   :-) Yeah, I just figured you might have had some background bits for him already, like with Storm. I'll give it some more thought.
Oh oh.. Nope. As far as the "Canon" for this setting goes

X-Men: Charles Xavier, Emma Frost, Jubilee, Storm, Havok, Beast, Cyclops, Rogue.
Avengers: Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye.

Of all of those... Storm, Jubilee, Beast, Cyclops & Hawkeye are the only characters that will have little tidbits for, and that's most just story related. I'm willing to flex with them about what they were on their respective teams. So you're totally safe if you go the Gambit route. :D

Wispyr

Quote from: MetaAugustus on March 08, 2017, 11:15:57 PM
Why thank you!  Maybe I can do one better and put in a reserve?
I didn't ignore this, by the way. I gotcha! This is exactly what I needed for an original. Shall mark him down.

Also noting La Dame's claim on Storm. I lied cause hers isn't done being filled out yet.

VonDoom

Ahhh, screw it! I'm doing it, mes amis. I think.

Mostly because I actually found some astounding photoshopped images. But just so you know, if I'm playing Gambit, he is putting on his costume. You know the one.

Interest Declaration
Hero: Gambit
Category: Canon
Class: Class 3
Faceclaim: Gaspard Ulliel
General Info: N/A

I gave Rookie some thought, but Gambit wouldn't work for me without his colorful and mysterious background between Thieves Guild and more … sinister associations, let's say. (Though if you have a neat plot hook to replace the whole Marauders/Sinister connection that's more relevant to the story, I'm more than happy to work with that!)

He should make for a decent mentor, recalling some of the stories in Liu's X-23 - sure, he'd be unconventional at best teaching a group of students at Xavier's, but a post-apocalyptic environment can probably appreciate some highly developed thieving (infiltrating) skills in its rebels.

Bonus Pics

O&O

MetaAugustus

Quote from: Wispyr on March 09, 2017, 01:28:44 AM
I didn't ignore this, by the way. I gotcha! This is exactly what I needed for an original. Shall mark him down.

:D

Glad you like him!  Loving every else's characters, this gon' be good.

the hype begins

Hazy Sky

Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

la dame en noir

Quote from: Wispyr on March 09, 2017, 01:28:44 AM

Also noting La Dame's claim on Storm. I lied cause hers isn't done being filled out yet.
I thought I finished it! What else is missing???
A&A | FxF |