Slow

Started by Remy, December 14, 2013, 01:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remy

Hi..little query.  Is the site running uncommonly slow for anyone else other than myself?  I can access the site via 3 different computers in the house and my phone which is accessing the internet via my cell phone Carrier and not the house wifi..and I access it at a brothers house.  All of which are crawling.  And I do mean severely slow to the point the browser, google chrome will give me the little pop up to tell me it can't access the site and 'do I want to quit, or wait'.  Two of the computers are windows 7, and my laptop which I only got yesterday, is on windows 8.  I'm inclined to think it's not my phone company, as its also effecting my mobile phone, which is entirely different, and of course my brother who is on a different server also.  Every other site I visit, from FB, youtube, emails, Pinterest, other sites that I write on, all are running perfectly, bar Elliquiy.   I just wanted to know was it only me, or is there something wrong?

Thanks in advance.  R

Vekseid

Is this a continual problem or did it only occur for a certain period?

Remy

Quote from: Vekseid on December 14, 2013, 05:43:21 PM
Is this a continual problem or did it only occur for a certain period?

Sorry Veks.  It's sporadic,  but not at times when the site backs up.  I'ts fine now this lat 15 minutes..but prior to that it was struggling again, and is pretty much like that for me constantly the last few days.  Few minutes fine, then laboring again and that can last quite a while..like the better part of a half hour at a time.  Sorry for not being more precise, but it is very random, but lengthy.

Vekseid

Backups are done off of the slave, and don't impact the master server here. Still, I'll turn some unnecessary things down and hope that helps : /

Are you familiar with doing a traceroute?

In Windows, you can click on the start button/orb, and in the run box, type
cmd
and press enter. You'll get a shell prompt to run further commands in
tracert elliquiy.com
You can right-click on the screen, select all and then click and drag to copy the results. Send them to me in PM.

Additionally, gelbooru (not safe for work) colocates in the same datacenter we do. If you experience the same sort of trouble there, the problem is likely between you and our datacenter. Giving me a traceroute is still helpful though as I can pass it to people who can try to resolve things with the responsible parties directly.

Remy

Veks, I've not a clue what you're asking me to do, but I did the cmd thing, and got to the popped up black window, and the cursor is flashing .   Are you asking me to type tracert elliquiy.com after the cursor?  I'm sorry, but this kind of thing is way over my head.   :-(

Hera

Just wanted to chime in and say the site is super fast as always for me and has been the past few days.

Vekseid

Quote from: Remy on December 15, 2013, 04:52:50 AM
Veks, I've not a clue what you're asking me to do, but I did the cmd thing, and got to the popped up black window, and the cursor is flashing .   Are you asking me to type tracert elliquiy.com after the cursor?  I'm sorry, but this kind of thing is way over my head.   :-(

When things are working poorly, yes please : )

Remy

Pm sent Veks, thank you.