Isle of the Damned - Recruitment Thread - Always Open

Started by GnothiSeauton, September 09, 2014, 04:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kokaine

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 10, 2014, 03:25:46 PM
And a note...  If anyone would like to try and build connections or backstory with either of my characters listed in the Game Information thread, or any of the GM NPCs, feel free to hit me up!

Your Lora... is she in need of crew? >.>
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

BruceTheCat

So is anyone able roll up the Captain of a ship, then recruit interested players as crew members? That is definitely something that I would like to do!

If that's alright (I didn't see anything in the main post that said we could not choose to be a Captain) then I will roll up my character and ship this evening.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Aiden

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 10, 2014, 03:40:58 PM
Since there are two ships, I suppose I would need a crew for my ship as well? Or would the other ship stay attached to the big ship for most of the time, unless they were in battle. Or does it just sail beside the big ship?

Unless they are split apart for reasons. Evading capture, distraction or one is beached/unable to go on. They sail as a pair for the most part.

So you would need crew aboard the ship, they just need to be loyal to both your first mate and my captain. The ships spent plenty of time together, so there is a lot separation between them.

But they share Quartermaster and Navigators (Timeless and DF).

Timeless

Quote from: Red Lobster on September 10, 2014, 03:47:26 PM
So is anyone able roll up the Captain of a ship, then recruit interested players as crew members? That is definitely something that I would like to do!

If that's alright (I didn't see anything in the main post that said we could not choose to be a Captain) then I will roll up my character and ship this evening.

Oooo, Red! Nice to see you here, Mister! :P Aiden is having some positions open for his character's crew if you are interested.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=213195.msg10477855#msg10477855

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Red Lobster on September 10, 2014, 03:47:26 PM

I don't mind captains of ships.  I'd just like for there to be a reason for command demonstrated in the history section of the thread, or how they came to captain their ships.

The same could be said for commanders of various mercenary/sellsword groups.  I'd just like to see, in their sheets, how they came to position of power and command over their groups/ship/etc.

Quote from: Kokaine on September 10, 2014, 03:45:31 PM
Your Lora... is she in need of crew? >.>

Mhmm.  I haven't had anyone express interest in either Lora's Raven (a crew of women mostly), or Warrek's Bloodlust.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

BruceTheCat

Nice to see you too Timeless!

Alright Gnothi, I will go ahead down that route and make the Captain/Ship pair tonight. If it doesn't get approved, or nobody is up for joining his budding Navy, then I can just reroll as a non-leader type character.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Amelita

Okay.

I can't not consider this. What a fantastic idea, and already an awesome cast of writers...

I'm going to read up, and see what I come up with <3

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Kokaine

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 10, 2014, 03:52:24 PM
Mhmm.  I haven't had anyone express interest in either Lora's Raven (a crew of women mostly), or Warrek's Bloodlust.

Female crew you say... *pets the muse to keep her calm* ...if I can find a face I may submit a crew member then, if that's alright with you? Would be one that was there in the initial uprising. The muse wants to use Lena Headey but I'm not sure just yet...
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Timeless

Quote from: Amelita on September 10, 2014, 03:57:54 PM
Okay.

I can't not consider this. What a fantastic idea, and already an awesome cast of writers...

*tackle glomps* <33333!!

Interdiction of words

Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

Strangefate

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 10, 2014, 03:21:26 PM
* Rel Mayer jumps up and down.

Oh yay!!!!! :D :D :D

Sorry about the double post, but I missed this when forming my own post.

I have an idea for a second character, but I need some sort of person to tie her to. It's barely in the making but the way I have her planned out I would need someone to tie her to.

...I should shut up and just ask you about it when I actually formulate a proper idea.

Please do!  My ideas are very fluid and loose at the moment, particularly for the third sellswordy or businessman type character.   

For the pirate character I’d rather like to play a first mate/second-in-command/assistant type, some vicious opportunistic weasel with an eye to getting his/her own ship someday, not barring mutiny.  Possibly from Malum.  If that sounds interesting to anyone let me know! 

For the slave character I still need to come up with something that would make him/her more interesting than simply being a poor victim.  Perhaps some unique skillset or family connections.  Possibly from Espata originally.   I’d really rather start this character as recently captured instead of already on the island, so if anyone needs ‘cargo’, again let me know. 
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Lady Lunarius

Claimed Craig Parker earlier but I also want to claim Emily Didonato!

She's going to be one of the leaders of the local tribes. Her people have lived on the island for hundreds possibly thousands of years. They've managed to survive between a mix of abducting men from other tribes and imprisoning them so they can continue on, (I have several "laws" and the like in mind for them regarding many traditions) they also have some truces and agreements with other tribes as well. (All female tribe btw)
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Aiden

Quote from: Interdiction of words on September 10, 2014, 03:58:58 PM
No one wants a small human, good at combat and forging?

Once my sheet is up, if you like what you see, you can come aboard as crew.

Interdiction of words

Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Kokaine on September 10, 2014, 03:58:34 PM
Female crew you say... *pets the muse to keep her calm* ...if I can find a face I may submit a crew member then, if that's alright with you? Would be one that was there in the initial uprising. The muse wants to use Lena Headey but I'm not sure just yet...

Mhmmmm... When I came up with the idea of her, I thought of a all-female crew to sort or challenge the social and sort of patriarchal society.

Quote from: Interdiction of words on September 10, 2014, 03:58:58 PM
No one wants a small human, good at combat and forging?

I *might* have something in mind.  I wanted to give Howling a chance to look at your previous PM and discuss it before ruling on it, but I might have a use for a good blacksmith.

Okay.

Welcome aboard! :)

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on September 10, 2014, 04:11:45 PM
Claimed Craig Parker earlier but I also want to claim Emily Didonato!

She's going to be one of the leaders of the local tribes. Her people have lived on the island for hundreds possibly thousands of years. They've managed to survive between a mix of abducting men from other tribes and imprisoning them so they can continue on, (I have several "laws" and the like in mind for them regarding many traditions) they also have some truces and agreements with other tribes as well. (All female tribe btw)

*Has some ideas that I will run by you when I get more settled and on the computer*

I'll go ahead and change up the pending claim.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Lady Lunarius

Okay.

YAY!! Love you!!! *Pounces and snogs*
LaLu's Delicious treats!

ArtemisHighmore

Launched yesterday and already at five pages! O.O

OP! I want to be a pirate! Argh!

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Interdiction of words

Rel Mayer

Sindra

I keep coming back to this game so I should just place my interest lol.  I'm still reading over the information that you have so kindly put up so I don't have a character in mind as yet.

Interdiction of words

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

AmberStarfire

Hi,

I'd like to express interest in joining the game.

My thoughts are,

Character name: Scarlett 'Evie' Arisent

Face claim: Amy Acker

Concept: Swordsman/knife fighter, possibly lieutenant. Sadistic and cold.

ArtemisHighmore

Hello my friends. Will work on a character shortly. Need to do a little more reading first.