D&D Pathfinder (In original setting) [interest check]

Started by dready, March 28, 2010, 01:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skystomp

Linguistics gives a language per point.
Base: Land Born
Because of Magic: Mystic
5 ranks, the extra 5 languages. 1 for rank, 1 for int mod and 3 for being trained, I added that all up correctly?
The only way you fail, is by not trying.
Linkara "I read it and I wish I hadn't!"

dready

yup. Also, summoners will be of the Soul-Born race, which is humans infused with residual magic that allows a direct connection between them and another object or being. Nothing changes, 'cept you get the choice of a couple of new Feats and an ability called 'focus element'

Focus Element: The Soul-Born is able to focus a single element into their body for one of the following effects equal to their Constitution Modifier: Energy Resistance, Extra point of damage on melee attacks of that element, or transferring that element to another Soul-Born to give them a temporary bonus of their choice, able to stack elements in the same body. Otherwise, the limitation of a Focus Element is one focused element without outside interference. Focusing and Discharging a single element takes a swift action.

Energy Blast: Requirements (Soul-Born race, Con 13) Your character gains a ranged touch attack at 30 ft that deals 1d4(+Con Mod) damage of the currently focused element, or 1d6(+Con Mod) points of damage if the focused element is discharged with the attack. This Feat can be taken multiple times, each adding on 10 ft to the range of the tack.

There's a melee version of Energy Blast, which is Element Eruption. Same deal, but it can be infused into a weapon melee attack if the element is also discharged.

Skystomp

The only way you fail, is by not trying.
Linkara "I read it and I wish I hadn't!"

Kineas

Goooooooood question. :3

If we are, I -am- still checking this whenever new posts show up, FYI. ;)

dready

I've just wanted to make sure that everyone has their character for reference.

Next issue for everyone to think over: Would you prefer to start off isolated on an island, on a less-than-isolated island, or on the mainland.

Starting off on an isolated island would allow a slow explanation to how this universe works when it comes to interactions and ordeals, as well as allowing the party to form a much more stable bond in most cases.

On a deserted island, civilized island, or trade embargo island, the information would come at a faster pace and some things might be overlooked.

And on the mainland, it turns into a full-on sandbox game. >_>

Kineas

Well, I've played in your setting before, so I'll leave it to the other(s) to decide. :3

RubySlippers

Elf, isolated island seems most likely just would favor some civilization like som sort of town.

dready

A better explanation: Isolated island would mean that the players were on a ship that got shipwrecked and would need some sort of way off that they would have to make.

The other island is not isolated, otherwise there wouldn't be a trade route that uses it, or a civilization that still thrives unless it's an avian or aquatic's island.

RubySlippers

Middle one then in some sort of civilizedifout of the way spot.

dready

RubySlippers

I'll go with the civilized island we can always travl out of there later.

dready

So far civilized island is winning. >_> I've started working on a suitable introduction to the ordeal, but as a warning it's going probably be a training outpost island, like an education island.

Kineas

I voted other, because I already said I wasn't going to influence this vote. X3

Also I wanted to pose as dready. *poses*

dready

Quote from: Kineas on July 27, 2010, 03:51:15 PM
I voted other, because I already said I wasn't going to influence this vote. X3

Also I wanted to pose as dready. *poses*
*snaps pictures and sells them off as blackmail* I'll teach you to pretend to be a lizard! Now taste the air! >:c

Kineas

dready

RubySlippers

dready

*pokes with a stick and watches it twitch* Yeah, it's just hibernating for the summer.