News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

War, war never changes - Fallout RP

Started by Jackyl, September 12, 2011, 03:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackyl

As the title says, this is for a fallout RP. I'm going to go ahead and use this thread as an interest check and OOC, so feel free to post character's, etc.
Here's a little synopsis, I know it's excessively short but I just want to get a few people in this before I bother with putting too much effort. I have a few ideas that will drive this thing much deeper, should I invest thought on them, so don't worry about it being boring. :D

------------

The Great War started and ended on Saturday, October 23, 2077.
The face of the world was forever scarred and changed. Humanity, stubborn as it is, continued on. Thriving in underground vaults, avoiding the ever-changing, RAD infested landscape outside.  Generations had passed, and many of the vaults fell to slaughter or exile, by unforeseen ricochets of the very experiments that were meant to save them and keep them from harm. Vault 143 is no exception. Deep in the heart of what used to be Texas, it had begun an experimentation on the air quality, the Texas Wasteland being heavily swamped by radiation it was only natural that the largest vault in the area be assigned to such a task. They forged the RPT, the radiation purging turbine, an AI system connected to an advanced turbine that was able to suck in the wastelands air, cleanse it of the rads and send the refurbished oxygen back out into the wasteland.

Things improve to a certain degree, after nearly thirty years of successful, low-maintenance operation, and the younger generations, vie for trade with the outside world, if at all possible. The overseer denies this request, only letting the maintenance workers take short leave of the vault to reinforce the external parts of the turbine.  Vault 143 is turned on it's head when it's experiment fails however, radiation began to be stored within the turbine, and rapidly began leaking out, forcing the vault dwellers into exodus for a new home.
The remains of the Texas Commonwealth are anything but friendly, as the vault dwellers emergence to the surface, happens to coincide with the emergence of Ceasar's Legion, fresh off their defeat at the Hoover damn, and in retreat to the east, as well as a small group of paladins from the brotherhood of steel.
Things will quickly go south when the two groups discover one another, and the vault dwellers will be caught in the middle.

----------------

If you're interested feel free to post a character sheet, I'll provide a basic skeleton but feel free to include more information than the basics.

Name:

Age: (All ages accepted as long as you can explain how a decrepit old man or a small, naive child has managed to survive in post-apocalyptica.)

Physical Description:

Behavior:

Favored Weapons: (Maximum of two)

Biography: (At least a short background of your character, can be as shallow or as deep as you like.)

Belisuavious

Name: Victor Jameson

Physical Description: Victor stands about 5'11 and weighs about 180 odd pounds. He looks something like this

Behavior: He is quiet, never speaking unless he feels that there is something worth saying. When he makes a promise, he will either keep it or there will be a very good reason why he didn't. He isn't the most social person around but he is a true friend if you are one of the few he opens up to.

Favored Weapons: Machete and throwing knives.

Biography: Victor was never really much of a socialite, even in the relatively close community of the Vault. Instead he read, finding he had an intrest in the history of the ancients, warfare especially. This kept him from making many friends since only a few shared his intrests in history. On the other hand, he also spent a lot of free time in the vault gymnasium, mostly running but occasionaly joining in the pickup games of football that the vault dwellers played with bone crunching glee. The result was a strange mish-mash of intrests and resulted in him never fully comitting to either one.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope this works, if I left anything out, please let me know.