birth of power armor (interest check)

Started by zenpai, March 24, 2015, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Whitebread

There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

zenpai

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

zenpai

checking to see if anyone still interested
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Rayne Bluestone

sorry work has been crazy I am still interested.

selfexiled

Label me interested.

Name: Durien Morlin
Subject expertise: Acoustic technology, artificial limbs.
History: Durien spent most of his life day dreaming of the many things he would do if only he had the money and the time. The military enabled him to begin his college career once he left he was picked up by a second rate lab as a research assistant. But now living his dream, he quickly became head researcher and was able to make his way into UFT. While being the 'old man' on campus he was determined to show he has what it takes. Which led to his most current creation.

Prototype: Shockwave- a relatively lightweight exoskeleton used in construction and debris removal that can go into 'lockdown' to protect the wearer. The suit has emitters in the palms (much like iron man's pulsars) that emit sound waves that change frequency to the object's resonant frequency and causes the molecular structure of the object to fall apart. Can be powered up in singular bursts to push object's several feet at a time depending on the size. But it's short lived the bursts  drain the power supply quickly.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

zenpai

Quote from: selfexiled on September 01, 2015, 08:00:58 PM
Label me interested.

History: Durien spent most of his life day dreaming of the many things he would do if only he had the money and the time. The military enabled him to begin his college career once he left he was picked up by a second rate lab as a research assistant. But now living his dream, he quickly became head researcher and was able to make his way into UFT. While being the 'old man' on campus he was determined to show he has what it takes. Which led to his most current creation.

Prototype: Shockwave- a relatively lightweight exoskeleton used in construction and debris removal that can go into 'lockdown' to protect the wearer. The suit has emitters in the palms (much like iron man's pulsars) that emit sound waves that change frequency to the object's resonant frequency and causes the molecular structure of the object to fall apart. Can be powered up in singular bursts to push object's several feet at a time depending on the size. But it's short lived the bursts  drain the power supply quickly.

Just one thing: why artificial limbs?

I am looking for another female for the team

Pockets

Name: Dr. Kyle Pennington
Subject Expertise: Double Masters in Neurology and Cybernetics with a Doctorate in Nuclear Physics

History: Kyle was a scientist exploring alternative power sources when an accident cost him the use of his legs. Despite this set back, he managed to discover Cold Fusion and make it a viable power source that was cheap but reliable. Determined not to be stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, he went back to school and got his Masters degree in Neurology and Cybernetics. He wanted a way to bridge the severed nerve tissue of his lower spine.

He succeeded in his goal just last year, he was the first test subject for the procedure. It was an unprecedented success. He was approached by some disabled combat veterans who wanted to know if he could help them. Some of them were quadriplegic and for one reason or another the operation that had succeeded for him and many others didn't work on all of them. So he set out to create a non-combat body suit capable of interfacing with the brain so that the user could become mobile again.

The Neuro-extension Suit was the result. His design made him an instant success in that it was light weight, slim, and fairly cheap to make. The portable cold-fusion power cell was designed to power the suit for six months to a year on a gallon of water.

Prototype: NESy - Designed for quadriplegic people to walk again.

08/02 - New A/A Update

selfexiled

Oops, gimme a minute to write it up.

History: Durien spent most of his life day dreaming of the many things he would do if only he had the money and the time. The military enabled him to begin his college career, however, the military is not a safe job either. An accident which hes not authorized to discuss left him in need of artificial assistance to move around. Medically discharged and equipped with the "military's best." Completing his degree he was picked up by a second rate lab as a research assistant. But now living his dream, he quickly became head researcher and was able to make his way into UFT. While being the 'old man' on campus he was determined to show he has what it takes. Which led to his most current creation.

Prototype: Shockwave- a relatively lightweight exoskeleton (though the prototype is modded for Durien's use) used in construction and debris removal that can go into 'lockdown' to protect the wearer. The suit has emitters in the palms (much like iron man's pulsars) that emit sound waves that change frequency to match the object's resonant frequency and causes the molecular structure of the object to fall apart, however, it often takes several minutes for the suit to find the right frequency but once found the suit stores the object's frequency and molecular structure to identify it later. Can be powered up in singular bursts to push object's several feet at a time depending on the size. But it's short lived, the bursts drain the power supply quickly.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

zenpai

Quote from: Pockets on September 02, 2015, 04:57:11 PM
Name: Dr. Kyle Pennington
Subject Expertise: Double Masters in Neurology and Cybernetics with a Doctorate in Nuclear Physics

History: Kyle was a scientist exploring alternative power sources when an accident cost him the use of his legs. Despite this set back, he managed to discover Cold Fusion and make it a viable power source that was cheap but reliable. Determined not to be stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, he went back to school and got his Masters degree in Neurology and Cybernetics. He wanted a way to bridge the severed nerve tissue of his lower spine.

He succeeded in his goal just last year, he was the first test subject for the procedure. It was an unprecedented success. He was approached by some disabled combat veterans who wanted to know if he could help them. Some of them were quadriplegic and for one reason or another the operation that had succeeded for him and many others didn't work on all of them. So he set out to create a non-combat body suit capable of interfacing with the brain so that the user could become mobile again.

The Neuro-extension Suit was the result. His design made him an instant success in that it was light weight, slim, and fairly cheap to make. The portable cold-fusion power cell was designed to power the suit for six months to a year on a gallon of water.

Prototype: NESy - Designed for quadriplegic people to walk again.

Well... Cold Fusion is the only problem. How do you work around the heat produced? if you have heat shields how dose this affect mobility? where would you store a gallon of water on you suit?  there is lot more than just water that goes into fusion like powdered palladium or nickel , deuterium, hydrogen, or both, to top it off a catalyst like electricity, magnetism, temperature, pressure, laser beam(s), or of acoustic waves? can your person afford to by all the thing he need to maintain his cell? is there a way to store the excess power generated like a battery or the like?  for the most part everything else is acceptable.

Quote from: selfexiled on September 03, 2015, 09:06:30 PM
Oops, gimme a minute to write it up.

History: Durien spent most of his life day dreaming of the many things he would do if only he had the money and the time. The military enabled him to begin his college career, however, the military is not a safe job either. An accident which hes not authorized to discuss left him in need of artificial assistance to move around. Medically discharged and equipped with the "military's best." Completing his degree he was picked up by a second rate lab as a research assistant. But now living his dream, he quickly became head researcher and was able to make his way into UFT. While being the 'old man' on campus he was determined to show he has what it takes. Which led to his most current creation.

Prototype: Shockwave- a relatively lightweight exoskeleton (though the prototype is modded for Durien's use) used in construction and debris removal that can go into 'lockdown' to protect the wearer. The suit has emitters in the palms (much like iron man's pulsars) that emit sound waves that change frequency to match the object's resonant frequency and causes the molecular structure of the object to fall apart, however, it often takes several minutes for the suit to find the right frequency but once found the suit stores the object's frequency and molecular structure to identify it later. Can be powered up in singular bursts to push object's several feet at a time depending on the size. But it's short lived, the bursts drain the power supply quickly.

You have no reason to have artificial limbs as a expertise. Unless your doing things to improve the field. Durien"s tell me he has at least one artificial limb. It goes with out saying Durien may well know a lot about artificial limbs. its not really a big deal just some thing i noticed.

Acoustic technology I only vibration i see be strong enough to brake anything down would tare you body apart.

Pockets

There is no heat. Thus why it is called Cold Fusion. And given the size of the suit, the actual power cell wouldn't require a gallon of water. More like a cup or two at a time. I was saying that a gallon of water could power it for six months to a year. But you could easily have a water reservoir integrated into the back plate and even on the legs. A gallon of water really isn't all that much if you disperse it across the body in smaller quantities.
08/02 - New A/A Update

zenpai

Quote from: Pockets on September 04, 2015, 11:05:01 AM
There is no heat. Thus why it is called Cold Fusion. And given the size of the suit, the actual power cell wouldn't require a gallon of water. More like a cup or two at a time. I was saying that a gallon of water could power it for six months to a year. But you could easily have a water reservoir integrated into the back plate and even on the legs. A gallon of water really isn't all that much if you disperse it across the body in smaller quantities.
OK I will let the heat thing slide. you would be waring a nuke(no way around it). A random piece of shrapnel punctures your cell. It will turn into a bomb. By my understanding of your cell it would kill you if that happened.  If your OK with that?

Pockets

I'm fairly certain that there would be safety protocols and reinforced armor plating to protect the energy cell itself. No one would want to walk around with that kind of explosive potential without some manner of safeguards.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Captain Whitebread

Cold fusion is not nuclear fission.

The acoustic generators would not rattle the body apart any more than loudspeakers would rattle the stereo apart.  They've used standard stereo speakers to shatter glass....
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

zenpai

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on September 04, 2015, 08:41:58 PM
Cold fusion is not nuclear fission.

The acoustic generators would not rattle the body apart any more than loudspeakers would rattle the stereo apart.  They've used standard stereo speakers to shatter glass....

Cold fusion can still go boom. 

i have seen a stereo tare itself apart before (well the speakers did)

zenpai

I realized that i posted this idea about 6 month ago. i wonder if i should just give up on the idea and if any of you are still interested in the story?