A Song of Witchcraft and Wizardry: A Clash of Founders

Started by Primarch, April 24, 2013, 07:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Offerings

Her? or Her? I'm leaning more towards the brunette. She has more of the potential to be cruel, doesn't she? Hmmm.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Red Offerings

Quote from: phoenyx on April 26, 2013, 08:23:42 PM
ooo i SO like your thinking all the way around...

ok here's another question. HP deals with mainly Europe and the rest of the various nations and countries on that side of the Pond... possibilities of bringing an American over? Muggle wise I could see not... but Wizardling?? *big puppy eyes* :P

Unless you were going to play a native American, I believe it's going to be the year 1000 AD xD
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

phoenyx

Quote from: Red Offerings on April 26, 2013, 08:27:15 PM
Unless you were going to play a native American, I believe it's going to be the year 1000 AD xD
yep... and yep... why the question *grins*

oh, i like the brunette *nodnods*
♪ But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me ♪

O/O

Red Offerings

Quote from: phoenyx on April 26, 2013, 08:42:50 PM
yep... and yep... why the question *grins*

oh, i like the brunette *nodnods*

Interesting! A native American, that'd be new!

Hm, the first actual Czar wasn't until Ivan the Terrible, in the 1500s. Otherwise most of Russia prior to that was a couple princedoms. Tartars and Vikings.

phoenyx

yeah, I can see all kinds of possibilities with an AmerIndian... why I'd like to play one heheh

hmmm... interesting info, thanks... might make for good fall back planning *grins*

O/O

Red Offerings

Oh that was just me babbling since I'm playing "baba yaga" who is from Slavic/Russian folklore. That won't be her name mind you. But yeah she's going to be Russian--- well Viking Russian lol.

phoenyx

ah ok. well i like the eyes of the brunette best...

now provided I can get to play one... This One or This One or This One or This One? I'm leaning more towards the first myself... but I do like em all, they got a host of possibilities for how I'm thinking of playing her.

O/O

Red Offerings

LOL none of them are um..traditional are they? I'd say the first.

phoenyx

no *sighs* can't find any good pics that aren't cartoon-y... might look more tomorrow though. for now I must hunt those ever elusive creatures people talk about... bed and sleep. *grins*

O/O

Red Offerings

I'll take a look for you and if I find something, shoot it your way. Good night!

Primarch

Character sheet in the OP! I'm sure you'll enjoy actually putting a character together.

Red Offerings

Red Offerings

I have a question, can I have a spell/ability that is not in the HP world? Siren Song? A spell or ability, whichever you prefer that allows her to lure and mesmerize when she sings?

Primarch

Quote from: Red Offerings on April 26, 2013, 09:36:51 PM
I have a question, can I have a spell/ability that is not in the HP world? Siren Song? A spell or ability, whichever you prefer that allows her to lure and mesmerize when she sings?

If its appropriate to the setting, I don't mind an OC spell. A spell that mesmerized people would be fine, but doing so by just singing would not be....unless perhaps she was half witch/half-appropriate magical creature. But then you may need to look into the HP setting to see if Rowling has established anything on the magical creature in question.

Red Offerings

Well technically baba yaga is like a demon witch. I will have to see if she referenced demons.

Red Offerings

Okay, she does reference demons a little bit in her literature. So if you're kosher with it, I'll have her be half witch half demon?

Primarch

Quote from: Red Offerings on April 26, 2013, 09:51:31 PM
Okay, she does reference demons a little bit in her literature. So if you're kosher with it, I'll have her be half witch half demon?

A little check into it myself informs me demons in the setting tend to not be rather evil, but this was centuries before the forbidden curses were forbidden. Wouldn't be unreasonable to assume some witches made dark pacts with things-less-noble for whatever mortal desires they had....or some such.

Red Offerings

Yeah, she doesn't go into tremendous depth with them. I'll go with whatever you prefer for the whole thing then.  I thought it would be interesting to have a villainous sort like her because she's not like Draco Malfoy. She's evil, not misguided and stuck up lol.

phoenyx

ok since Master Primarch niether said yea or neigh to a Native American character... i was thinking This Outfit on This Girl.... Thoughts?

O/O

Red Offerings

Are you wanting her to be realistic with costume?

phoenyx

O/O

Primarch

Quote from: phoenyx on April 27, 2013, 05:50:11 PM
ok since Master Primarch niether said yea or neigh to a Native American character... i was thinking This Outfit on This Girl.... Thoughts?

So long as you can justify it in a reasonable manner, I really don't mind where a character comes from. 

Red Offerings

Gimme a bit to get on my laptop Ill find you something

phoenyx

O/O

Red Offerings

Personally, I like Her. This is a native model in traditional garb.