Interest Check: City of the Drow 3.5 DnD (rebootx2!!)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, February 01, 2012, 05:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saric

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 08, 2012, 06:09:17 AM
Saric, your char looks okay altough have you taken account in your stronghold for the fact that you need breathing air inside the fortress to able burrow fully underground?

Anyways add the charsheet to charsheet section.

I did consider that but I've run out of money for a bottle of air (At least without giving up something I'd really rather not...), given that it should take a few hours to use up the air that is inside already I figure I'm just going to have to surface once in awhile for fresh air like an old fashion submarine.

We have a Character sheet section?
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Kunoichi

Quote from: Saric on February 09, 2012, 04:05:17 PM
I did consider that but I've run out of money for a bottle of air (At least without giving up something I'd really rather not...), given that it should take a few hours to use up the air that is inside already I figure I'm just going to have to surface once in awhile for fresh air like an old fashion submarine.

Well, any of your own money that you spend on things for your stronghold gets doubled, if you've got any leftover starting wealth...

Saric

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 09, 2012, 08:55:36 PM
Well, any of your own money that you spend on things for your stronghold gets doubled, if you've got any leftover starting wealth...

I know about the doubling but I still don't have enough. I have a little over 1.2k but a bottle of air costs a little over 7k. I'll be able to get one fairly quickly once we start (assuming I can find one to buy...) but I don't have enough now. Possibly my Thrall will have some left over cash once he's been made. I shall simply have to wait and see.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, I make your thrall today. I include bottle of air to his gear somehow ;).

Saric

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 10, 2012, 02:22:43 AM
Yeah, I make your thrall today. I include bottle of air to his gear somehow ;).

I thank you for that but really as long as there's roughly 2.4k or more gold left on him I can pool the cash and make it a stronghold purchase. Thanks anyway though, I appreciate it.

Ghostraven

Work has been a pain this week; I hope to finish up my character and get it posted up tomorrow night or Monday night for Zaer to look at.

TTYL

Ghostraven

Kunoichi

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Saric on February 10, 2012, 01:17:57 PM
I thank you for that but really as long as there's roughly 2.4k or more gold left on him I can pool the cash and make it a stronghold purchase. Thanks anyway though, I appreciate it.

Ok, I made some random rolling and you will acquire a following thrall (need type the stuff up in online format);

Neutral evil female gloura Virtuoso 4.

So in effect; 11th level bardic caster with bardic music stuff egual to his perform ranks than class levels as bard. A dark female fey which can with music turn mobs hate someone (a manipulator). But also 11th level as bardic caster opens lots of windows for other stuff also if your clever; can be spy, healer or even offensive caster.

Total 3 bonus feats with HD combined.

Ghostraven

Here is my updated character.
Let me know if you have any ideas involving XyhriNeerune interacting with the other characters for the game.

TTYL

Ghostraven

Name: XyhriNeerune
Race: Yochlol
Sex: Female
Height and Weight: 5'4'', 100lbs
Hair: Purple
Eyes: Carnelian
Orientation: Bisexual
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Deity: Lolth
Class & Level: Handmaiden of Lolth - Yochlol

Ability: | Score: | Mod: | Temp: | Temp Mod:
Strength   20 (+5)
Dexterity   24 (+7) 28 (+9)
Constitution   22 (+6) 26 (+8)
Intelligence   22 (+6)
Wisdom   16 (+3) 20 (+5)
Charisma   26 (+8) 32 (+11)

Initiative: +9
Listen +18, Spot +18
Speed: 30'
Hit Points: 155 (125 without equipment)
Immunities: acid, electricity, mind-affecting spells and effects, poison
Resistances: Cold 10, Fire 10
Damage Reduction: 10 good

Melee 8 tendrils +17 (1d4+5) Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +10 ; Grp +15
Attack Options: Combat Expertise

Melee Attacks: +15/+10
Ranged Attacks: +19/+14
Melee 8 tendrils +17 (1d4+4) Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Melee MW Dagger +20/+15 (1d4+4)

Armor Class: 24 (10 +9 Dex +5 Armor)
Flat Footed: 15
Touch Attacks: 19

Saves: | Base: | Ability: | Misc: | Total:
Fort: +7 +8 +2 (+17)
Ref: +7 +9 +2 (+18)
Will: +7 +5 +2 (+14)

Languages Spoken:
Abyssal
Drow
Common
Draconic
Elven
Undercommon
Drow Sign

Proficiencies:
Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons

Feats:
Combat Casting, Combat Expertise, Exotic Weapon (hand crossbow), Persuasive, Weapon Finesse

Skills:

Skill: | Total: | Ranks: | Ability: | SYN: | Feat:
Bluff 28 13 11 2 2
Concentration 21 13 8
Diplomacy 24 13 11
Hide 22 13 9
Intimidate 28 13 11 2 2
Knowledge (arcana) 19 13 6
Knowledge (religion) 19 13 6
Knowledge (the planes) 19 13 6
Listen 18 13 5
Move Silently 22 13 9
Sense Motive 18 13 5
Spot 18 13 5
Perform (Stringed) 24 13 11
Gather Information 24 13 11

Spell-like Abilities: At will: Caster level 10th, Save DC is charisma-based
At will—detect thoughts (DC 23), dominate person (DC 26),darkness, desecrate, greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), spider climb, stone shape, web (DC 23)

Special Qualities:
Darkvision 60'
Damage Reduction: 10 good
Immunities: Acid, Electricity, Mind-Affecting spells and effects, Poison
Resistances: Acid 10, Cold 10, Fire 10
Spell Resistance: 19
Telepathy 100ft

Gaseous Form (Su) A yochlol can assume gaseous form, appearing as a roiling cloud of oily green smoke. In this form, a yochlol’s statistics do not change, although it is treated as if under the effects of a gaseous form spell that cannot be dispelled. A gaseous yochlol can use contact other plane at will as an additional spell-like ability. Any creature sharing the same square as a gaseous yochlol at the end of that creature’s turn is affected as if by a stinking cloud spell (DC 20 Fort save negates). The save DC is Constitution-based.

Humanoid Form (Su) A yochlol can assume the form of a hauntingly beautiful human or elf (usually drow) woman. It has only a little flexibility in altering its specific appearance, and as a result it can’t use this ability to disguise itself as a specific individual.

Lolth’s Favor (Su) As a handmaiden of Lolth, a yochlol receives the spider queen’s favor in the form of a deflection bonus to its Armor Class equal to its Charisma bonus. It does not retain this bonus while in humanoid form, but it does retain the bonus in its gaseous and spider forms.

Mind Blank (Su) A yochlol is protected at all times by the equivalent of a mind blank spell. This effect cannot be dispelled.

Rapid Shapeshifter (Ex) A yochlol can shift between its four forms with astounding speed. Changing shape is a swift action that a yochlol can perform as often as once per round.

Spider Form (Su) A yochlol can assume spider form, appearing as a Medium monstrous black widow spider. It retains all of its base statistics but gains a climb speed of 30 feet. It loses its tendril attacks but gains a bite attack (+16 melee, 1d6+6 plus poison [DC 20, 1d6 Con/2d6 Con]). The poison save DC is Constitution-based.

Equipment:
Masterwork Dagger

Periapt of Wisdom +4 (16,000)
Gloves of Dexterity +4 (16,000)
Crown of Charisma +6 (36,000)
Ring of Negative Protection (36,000)
Belt of Constitution +4 (16,000)
Bracers of Armor +5 (25,000)
Ring of Resistance +2 (4,000)
Lolthite Robes (Shift weave) (500) Five specific outfits
200 GP remaining

Background:
Yochlols are the handmaidens of the Spider Queen Lolth; they are feared throughout Material Planes as her eyes and ears.
XyhriNeerune is no different than her sisters in her service to the Queen of the Demonweb pits. She arrived in Erelhei-cinlu during the last sacrifice at the Fane of Lolth; quite to the surprise of the high priestess. XyhriNeerune has spent the last few weeks haunting Lolth's temple, terrorizing the lesser priestesses and acolytes. She has recently begun paying visits to a few of the Drow Houses as well as other locations in the city. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to her visits nor to the questions or demands she has made while there. Of course none would expect that the Handmaiden would openly give her real reason for her presence in the city.
She has started asking questions about the areas surrounding the city and seems to be surreptitiously looking for someone or something.

Zaer Darkwail

Looks good to me, feel free add it into charsheet section of the game but continue discuss about potential PC involvements with others :). I will try start get things rolling this weekend if our matron mother is ready and able to post in friday/saturday.

Ghostraven

Yay!

Where is the charsheet section for the game? I didn't see a link for characters in either the OOC or Reboot threads.

Zaer Darkwail

Sorry, it seems we do not have charsheet section :P. My bad :(. It seems in earlier reboot I held all charsheet (or more links to them) in first page of the recruit thread.

Now to easy organize I ask both the new and the old players to post their chars in here, those who had been accepted.

Ghostraven