Mouse Not Working After Sleep Mode In Windows 7

Started by Lady Annabelle, December 26, 2009, 07:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Annabelle

So, I just got this new PC and I have found the littlest of problems.  Whenever my computer goes into Sleep Mode, my mouse does not work.  Once I get back to Windows, I can right click and a menu will pop up, but the cursor does not move.  The best way I have found to alleviate the problem is to unplug my mouse and plug it back in.  I am noticing that this is actually not an isolated problem as I found evidence here.

What would be my best problem to adhere the problem?  Would it be best to go into my Control Panel and basically put it so that it never falls asleep?  Is it really necessary to have Sleep Mode on my computer?

I have a desktop.
Microsoft IntelliMouse N50-00002 Black Wired Optical Mouse

My PC was custom built, so to learn what I have just click here.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Soran

Hi Lady Anabelle, (Merry Christmas and congrats on the new pc)

I think the issue is with Windows 7 and not your set up. Until a fix becomes available I would change your options so your pc doesn't go into sleep mode.

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options.. Pick 'Balanced' then click on 'Change Plan Settings' and under 'Put the computer to sleep' select never.

Just my recommendation until the fix comes out *smiles*

Lady Annabelle

Thank you, Soran for the help!

I have looked around the web and I seem to have run into a somewhat common problem.  It has happened to other people and with other mice, so I do not think it is my system.  They say that fix is the best thing to do, so that is what I did to mine.

So, for now, my PC will become an insomniac.   :D
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Soran

You are welcome my dear!  :D

I haven't had this issue as I just close my pc down and don't use the sleep feature.

Enjoy the rest of your holidays

*hugs*

Kip

I use the sleep mode in Windows 7 - my mouse is plugged into a USB hub.
Very rarely, there seems to be a delay in it initialising the USB or it just doesn't work at all.  If it happens, a replug works fine.

tis annoying but very very rare for me.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~