[Interest Check] Virtual Reality Fantasy MMO

Started by Yorubi, May 15, 2011, 04:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadir

Quote from: Saerra on May 17, 2011, 08:49:38 PM
I think we so far have two Beastmasters, a a priest, a monk and one, maybe two rogues assassins?
Forgive me if I'm forgetting anything.
I'd love a Paladin, by the way, but that's up to you, Sin.

Fixed it. That makes four rouges, and two clerics. And one fighter, counting Sin's paladin.

SinXAzgard21

so for character do we have to have like a family background or can it be 'in game' accomplishments and what they are known for?
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Saerrael

Quote from: Eden on May 17, 2011, 09:25:05 PM
Fixed it. That makes four rouges, and two clerics. And one fighter, counting Sin's paladin.

Sorry >.<

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 17, 2011, 09:26:55 PM
so for character do we have to have like a family background or can it be 'in game' accomplishments and what they are known for?

The profile (description) didn't say.

DigitLninja

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on May 17, 2011, 09:26:55 PM

I honestly treated that part as if I was a person writing a bio for his character while busy.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Yorubi on May 15, 2011, 05:52:37 AM
Well I figure in terms of the setting it would probably go more along the lines of fantasy. Likely involving swords and magic and the likes. Which setting were you meaning?

If you mean the real world, I figure it would be pretty much present day, maybe 10-20 years in the future possibly to have technology developed out that games might be played in virtual reality. I see this probably being kept close to how the world is today, just to make it simple since its not suppose to be the major spot which the roleplay will take place.

In terms of the game world, I think something along the lines of sword and magic. It fits in easily with the theme with a traditional MMO setting and would be good to make it different from the real world. It could involve some odd technology like steampunk or magic powered creations as well for the aspect of intrigue. I'm not quite sure exactly of the setting of the game itself right now. It can go many ways really, though I figure that the world itself would be more vast and open to the point that people might not explore all of the world. It could leave a sense of mystery behind things and really allow for the idea of people getting 'trapped' within the game possible without it being on such a large scale that it can't be hidden away by the company. Not to mention, a fantasy setting can be a rather creepy place to see things like static or disruptions in the game that don't seem to fit at all. :)

Its all still a rather loose idea right now, so feel free if you have anything in mind that you like to suggest or bring it up.

OH GOOD GOD YES! Yorubi sign me up for this!

DartimusRae

i apparently have too much time on my hands.... <.<;

Saerrael

SinXAzgard21

So one more question before I decide on what my weapons will be.  How far along are our characters? Are we all to be at 'end game' level or around mid level?

Saerrael

That hadn't been decided yet. At least, I didn't see that being decided yet. I think it was safe to say we can choose to be a different level than the other in-game characters, but I rather hear from our GM, to be honest.

SinXAzgard21

Yeah, I'm gonna hold off with my character till that is decided then.  It is important for my current concept to know. ^^

Saerrael

Well, you could post a preliminary character. Mine is. I will tinker around with it later when more information is known.

DartimusRae

well, as i understand it, consider a 20 level character, i was thinking most people would be between level 1 and 5. but, that's just what i've been reading in it.

Saerrael

Yes, well, each MMO is different in that, DartimusRae.
For one, a level 20 character would only just be starting to tap into its class' potential in WoW.
Hence why I rather wait for the GM for details on this in her game. It's afterall she who decides those kind of details.

DartimusRae

please, no need for formality. call me Dart.

and i was only giving something to compare do. by no means is that a definitive description of what Yorubi has planned for the game.

Saerrael

Of course, Dart. What I meant was more that some people here (like me...) may have certain levelranges ground into they mind as being 'low'.
Subjective description might actually be more wise, here.

Anyway! I'm rambling and taking way too much of this spotlight *shoves it out of the way*

DartimusRae

i understand that one completely, and i agree. subjective is in this case. looking forward to seeing Yorubi's call on that.

SinXAzgard21

Character Name:  Jarrik
Class: Paladin
Weapon: Just ignore the sword.
Appearance: Armor not equipped. He uses the armor and that shield.
Character Background: To be written up sometime soon.

Appearance: Stephan
Personality: Even though his job demands him to interact with people, he is horridly socially awkward.  Though smart and quick thinking, you can tell outright that he really has no clue about how things in the real world really work.
Background:  Stephan's parents were almost never around, he was raised by a computer and a nanny that spoke very 'Broken English'.  Being as his parents are 'loaded' he has never had troubles getting what he wanted, nor had to ask.  During his school years, he was home schooled by various tutors, one of which fueled his second most passion. Photography.  Upon recommendation, his first experience with the outside world other than going to fancy dinners and fund raisers, was a local art school where he majored in photography. 

Yorubi

Yeash you typed a lot haha. I'll skim over to see all the profiles and check if there is anything that needs to be fixed or anything.

Anyways in terms of levels, I've honestly not decided on it. I figure that level gap wise, people shouldn't be to crazy apart in spread. I might go with a level 50 cap or maybe level 100, depending how much you want your characters to 'level'. It is a more cosmetic change then anything considering that level wise it would depend on what area your in which would normalize just how strong you are, unless its some super easy area. Profiles you make here I'll have you move over to a profile thread anyways so you can always add the levels in to your class area. mapping out level areas and all would take some time to do so I'm not quite sure how I'll handle it and keep myself from being overwhelmed with content to add. ^^

Anyways feel free to join Hyena!

I'll work a bit more on looking through everything that was posted and trying to solidify the game world. Story wise, I think I'll take part in the RP as more of a 'guiding' figure that can unite the players together. A nice mysterious individual who can help change them from being normal players to those trying to stop and investigate the happenings of the virus. Should work well to drive forward the plot at times while also allowing you a chance to work independantly and play the game for yourself and develop bonds... or rivalries. XD I have a map for the main city in progress with this program thingy my bother gave me. Not really an expert on using it, but I think it should manage for a general look for the world. ^^

@Beastmaster Pet: Feel free to either add it in the background or maybe as a 'weapon' if you like. It felt silly to add a certain area that only one class could use. ^^;;

Saerrael

QuoteStory wise, I think I'll take part in the RP as more of a 'guiding' figure that can unite the players together. A nice mysterious individual who can help change them from being normal players to those trying to stop and investigate the happenings of the virus. Should work well to drive forward the plot at times while also allowing you a chance to work independantly and play the game for yourself and develop bonds... or rivalries.

That's a wonderful idea, Yorubi.

SinXAzgard21

Yorubi, if you need any help.  Please just ask. 

As for leveling... I think most of us would like to start out veteran but not level capped.  At least I would.  It would give us more reason to investigate the happenings of the world, travel wise and dungeon wise. 

Saerrael

Yeah, somewhere mid-lvl would be quite handy for me, personally.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Yorubi on May 17, 2011, 10:42:18 PM
Story wise, I think I'll take part in the RP as more of a 'guiding' figure that can unite the players together. A nice mysterious individual who can help change them from being normal players to those trying to stop and investigate the happenings of the virus. Should work well to drive forward the plot at times while also allowing you a chance to work independantly and play the game for yourself and develop bonds... or rivalries.

Hacker status?

Yorubi

Well we can always do some dice rolling for levels if you want to do that and just have some little base value added depending how much experience you want. I figure level cap could be set to 50 to make it simple. Don't need to roll dice but figured it could be a way just for giggles and to make things more 'random' in numbers since it doesn't matter. XD

@Sin: Well.. I guess you could say that in a way. XD She could be the one that is able to get them in those places they normally should not be able to access.

@Profiles: All the profiles I seen look fine. My only gripe is with those claw weapons being labeled. I don't mind them being around or looking special cosmetically, just the who +7 deal and what not I'm not sure of. ^^;;

DartimusRae

interesting. a mid-level would work for Micale as well. that would be reflective of his trap-mastery and fair skill in assassination as something he picked up for the sake of vengeance

Yorubi

Anyways I'm thinking for now of making a starter town. The town would be relatively big, though most of the important thing are in one place, as much else is just scenery. Of course, there will be more behind it, but for now its more 'for looks' then anything from what players can see. I think area wise the teleporter will function well for getting people places. Travel will bring you to general outposts that you can explore out from. You can walk from town and walk your way through the world, though it would be a pain in the ass for me to create everything for it and would require a lot more time for me to start.

I think I'll just create general 'zones' for the RP with a basic description of what they are like to begin. This will save a lot of time and allow me to start the RP. I could always make a map or what not to show the areas in more detail after all later. :)