News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Human Centipede

Started by MissMoonchild, September 10, 2011, 08:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissMoonchild

Watching it for the first time, right now. It's nearly over and I have to say that it's done an effective job of making me squirm lol

Have any of you seen it (I'm sure you have) and what did you think of it?

**EDIT**

Just finished it, OMG what a weird ending. Check that, what an odd movie in general. I loved the bad guy, good, nutty, German mad scientist lol

Vergil Tanner

I haven't seen it, but a friend told me all I need to know about it. It sounds wrong, disgusting and horrific. I mean, why? WHY?!
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

MissMoonchild

It's like picking at a scab. You know you shouldn't do it, it doesn't feel good, but you keep doing it anyway...

I rather enjoyed squirming. The girl in the B position was super cute.

Vergil Tanner

"Cute"? You were focusing on "Cute?" She was in the "B position". I know what that means! It's disgusting...I only heard about it, and I had nightmares about it! XD
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Jag

I've seen it. Good idea and awesomely creepy. Things don't get to me very easily and this didn't get to me. The sequel is banned in the UK. The director had this to say about the banning:

"Thank you BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) for putting spoilers of my movie on your website and thank you for banning my film in this exceptional way. Apparently I made an horrific horror-film, but shouldn't a good horror film be horrific? My dear people it is a f*cking MOVIE."

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. Yes it's 'wrong' and 'disgusting'...but it's just a movie. It's meant to invoke those feelings and it does that well. If you don't like it, don't watch it. *shrugs*

I found Calvaire to be more creepy, mostly because of the possible 'real' factor. I see a whole town of people going crazy and doing the things in Calvaire than I do someone creating a human centipede.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Ryven

I liked it, and I don't really like horror movies.  I think he did a good job of not showing too much, but getting the point across quite nicely.

Izzie Aditi

A good friend of mine got extremely terrified of being home alone even after JUST watching the trailer, so I watched the movie. It was ridiculous up to the point where I turned it off half-way and wondered if I had nothing better to do with my life and time. Not my preferred genre and I found it simply distasteful and badly done overall. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone, totally not worth your time.
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Slaven

Oddly, I've never even heard of this movie, but it seems to be getting mixed reviews..
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!

Ryven

I recommend it to everyone, and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: Slaven on September 10, 2011, 01:58:57 PM
Oddly, I've never even heard of this movie, but it seems to be getting mixed reviews..

I think that also depends where you're from, actually. I hadn't heard of it either, wasn't promoted at ALL in the country I live in.
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

MissMoonchild

I thought it was fun. Well done considering the reactions people gave the movie with how little was shown. We see more of the actresses breasts than we do of their action mouth to ass attachment. So much of the terrible stuff is implied.

I enjoyed it but don't know if I have it in me to watch it again any time soon.

Jag

I think it's one of those movies that you either love it or hate it. Very few sitting in the middle area for how they feel about it.

There aren't many movies like it on the market. I think it'll find it's place among movies like 'Freaks' and 'House of 1000 Corpses'. The idea of surgically putting people and other creatures together to form new creatures isn't that original. While this is certainly more graphic than coming up with a centaur or a neko, it does have it's place.

As Ry said earlier, I also liked the fact that not too much was shown at any one time. I always like movies like that. A closed door can be a heck of a lot scarier sometimes.

I've also read that the actors, from having to crawl around on their knees and being bound together like that for such long periods of time for filming that they were given daily massages before and after filming. Though I've also heard that the guy playing the doctor and the guy playing the front part of the centipede got into a fight because the doctor guy kicked him, for real, very hard during filming. One of the girls was bruised pretty badly from how rough the guy playing the doctor was...

The director even consulted a real doctor to make sure that all the medical parts were accurate. That the making of the centipede was as 'proper' as possible.

Ryven

I heard about that.  He seemed to put a lot of effort into making it as medically accurate as possible, setting aside the 'why' part.

Also, they actresses who made up the last 2 parts of the centipede had special grips put into the little 'diaper' things the people in front of them wore so they could hold on with their teeth.  They said their jaws really hurt at the end of each day because of having to do all of that.  Just an interesting fact. :-)

MissMoonchild

It's little details like that which add to the performance though. Very cool.

Zakharra

OMG.. I saw the trailer and man, that made me cringe.  Definitely a movie I am NOT going to see.

Ashe

I generally don't like the idea of fecal matter versus the mouth.  So...definitely not going to watch it.

But, considering I watched the uncut version of Tosh.0's retelling, I don't need to.  Personally, his version is just fine, and probably more hilarious.  Human centipede so desperately wants to gain a cult following, but it will never be in the leagues of Rocky Horror and Cloverfield.

Jag

Personally, I don't think it wants to be in the same league as Cloverfield. Definitely not Rocky Horror since that wasn't really a 'horror' movie, it's a parody. Cloverfield and this are worlds apart (and the fact that I think Cloverfield was terrible, but that's just my opinion). This movie reminds me of things like House of a 1000 Corpses, Devil's Rejects, Calvaire, Pumpkinhead, Lair of the White Worm, even Hellraiser.

I believe that every director hopes to get a fan following of some sort.

Just my two cents.

Ashe

Ahaha, many people thought Cloverfield was horrible.  I was sick through half of it.

I was just talking about cult films in general.  Rocky Horror had horrrrrrible reviews when it first came out.  It was taboo, no one wanted to see it.  And BOOM.  Sexual revolution comes around, it's got a ton of followers.  I think a lot of movies might be trying for that route: expressing something unusual and distasteful as a way of opening minds to new possibilities.

And I'm certainly not ready to open my mind to Human Centipede.

JimPooley

No way I'm ever going to watch it, I get freaked out by some doctor who episodes for gods sake :/ The hollow child terrified me.

The premise of the movie does sound original, I'll give it that, and fans of the genre seem to like it.
O/Os

Hi [you]

Oniya

Seeing that scat is one of my 'Offs'... Uh-uh.  No way.  For those that are slightly more curious than I am, but still don't want to see it in living color, This article will probably give you all you need to know. 

Reviewer's comment:
QuoteThere’s something in Hollywood that’s called a “high concept.”  It doesn’t mean what you probably think it means.  It refers to a plot hook that is so simple it can be compellingly summarized in a single sentence, like “a mad doctor turns three people into a human centipede.”  People will buy tickets to see the picture based on that easily digestible premise, so filmmakers can fill the remainder of the movie with whatever supporting crap they need to, just so long as it pads the film out to feature length.  The Human Centipede is a perfect example of a high concept horror film.  People are seduced into buying a ticket by the idea of seeing a human centipede, never minding the fact that they won’t see anything in the movie they didn’t already imagine when they heard the one sentence summary.  After watching the two minute trailer, it seemed like I knew everything that was going to happen in the film, so I was curious to see how director Tom Six would fill up the remaining 88 minutes.   The results of my study follow.  (Note: there aren’t really any spoilers in the following description, as there’s not enough plot to spoil).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

DarklingAlice

I was less than impressed and I think Oniya's quote pretty much sums up why. I don't dislike gruesome things per se and found nothing about this movie particularly off-putting. It's just...exactly what it says on the tin. It's just spectacle and nothing more. To me that's really boring. I mean, if you want to go for a gruesome spectacle flick then at least have the courtesy to wrap it in pretention and a star-studded cast: e.g. Caligula.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Stone

I found that movie to be funny. I'm just wired weird that way. There's a movie that I found beyond creepy, though, and I saw it almost immediately after Centipede. It's called Martyrs, and I recommend you never see it.
The sphere was solid with Plunkett, and only waited for someone to be in; like, like the meaning of a word waiting for a word to be the meaning of. - John Crowley, Engine Summer.

To manipulate a man is a careful project. Too light a hand, and he follows his own whim; too heavy a hand, and he will turn on you. - Thief II: The Metal Age.