Lost In Space

Started by Lady Jenn, February 26, 2014, 11:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevak

"How old did you say he was again when the ship vanished?" Kevak asked. "Also why are there no bodies? He said most of them were dead, so why no corpses?

Lady Jenn

"I don't know," he said, looking completely stunned. "He vanished before I ever had a chance to meet him. As for the bodies...they must have been here," he said. "There's a reason they've kept this ship working and they sent us here, there are much more modern ships hanging lifeless out there."

Kevak

"So do you think we will meet whatever or whomever did this?" Kevak asked.

Lady Jenn

"That or we'll have to confront them," Thompson replied. "We would be dead long before this ship reached the Milky Way, nevermind Earth, and whoever is out there may have the only way of us getting home."

Kevak

"So should we start asking to see them on the comms and see if they respond?" Kevak asked.

Lady Jenn

"We can try," he replied. "We stand more chance trying that than going toe to toe, judging by those logs this stands little chance in a straight fight."

Kevak

So how would we go around getting the ship comms to work? I can send out comms using my gear but it wouldn't be very strong or long range in terms of power. Kevak said.

Lady Jenn

"It might be safer to go looking for them," Thompson replied. "Well, as safe as going after a much better armed ship is ever likely to get anyway. We might be in more danger if we sit here waiting for them."

Kevak

Can you pilot this thing? Kevak asked. After about five second he adds "Is your arm doing better by the way?

Lady Jenn

"Probably about as well as it will ever be," Thompson said. "I think I can, I-" his sentence was cut off as an alarm sounded through the ship. "Oh crap, proximity alarm," Thompson said. "I think we might be confronting them sooner than we intended."

Kevak

"We should get to the bridge." Kevak said. "If knew what their OS is then I could hack and hopefully disable them to an extent."

Lady Jenn

"Try seeing if you can get a scan of their ship," he said, as they got to the bridge. "I'll try and manoeuvre the ship enough they won't be able to get a clear shot off, at least until the shields are functioning properly."

Kevak

"I can try." Kevak replied as he plugged his tail into a bridge interface jack.

Kevak activated and deactivated any protocols that looked related to targeting and scanning pretty much at random.

"Hope that does something good." Kevak muttered.

Lady Jenn

"You fixed the shields," Thompson said with a smile. "Whatever the hell you just did keep doing it, they can't get a clear lock on us with their weapons." There was an explosion near to the ship. "Okay, need to pay more attention where I'm piloting this thing obviously."

Kevak

"I'm just activating and disabling and messing with random settings." Kevak said as he continued to scroll through the controls and fiddle with them.

Lady Jenn

"Well you're better at this than I am," he said, missing another shot by a matter of inches. "If I didn't know better I'd have thought you've flown one of these ships before."

Kevak

"I've played some of the old video games with these in them before but never flown one before in reality." Kevak said. "It might be my gear, I loaded random programs on it before so I may have put something on them close enough to this ship's control matrix that it sorta works for it."

Lady Jenn

"Well keep doing it," Thompson said "I can't get any kind of weapons lock on that ship, it's got some kind of shielding around it which is making the targeting sensors bounce back off it."

Kevak

"Kevak continues activating and deactivating random protocols, suddenly the console starts blaring a loud piercing siren." AAUGH FUCKING KLAXON BLARING PIECE OF SHIT!" Kevak shouts as he kicks the console. The siren shuts off abruptly and one specific light on the bridge flickers a few times before returning to normal. The ship lurches forward slightly and the console reads that the ship's power generation is a tad bit more functional then they were before. Kevak could feel his headache returning from the noise. "Uuugh headaches back." Kevak groaned. "I think the reactor is working better though, console says we aren't running on 10% power anymore."

Lady Jenn

"That's good," Thompson said as the explosions kept getting closer. "I don't suppose you know how to use weapons? I was never allowed near what few weapons my old ship possessed," he said with a laugh.

Kevak

"I have no real experience but I've played videogames, I may be able too get them to work." Kevak said as he unjacked from the console and walked over to a weapons console and fiddled with it. "Hey, this thing is similar to the Starship 49813 weapons systems engine. I think it is a secondary weapons console but it may a primary one, hard to tell." Kevak remarked as he attempted to power it up.

Edit: Fixed grammar error.

Lady Jenn

"They're hailing us," Thompson said, biting his lip. "Okay, this I didn't see coming. Uh...can you handle this?" He managed to move the ship's course just in time to miss another blast. "Okay, either these guys are lousy shots or they aren't trying to kill us...yet..."

Kevak

"Erm yah, I can handle that." Kevak fiddled with the console and a distorted sound sequence began sounding through the bridge. "Gimme a minute" Kevak muttered to himself as he typed in commands. Slowly the transmission resolved into the end of a sentence.  "**********~~~--er" Kevak held down a key and asked "Um... Could you please repeat that? We were having comm problems."

Lady Jenn

"Stand down, we are not aliens," a voice finally broke through the static.

"How do we know?" Thompson said. "How do you know we aren't?"

"Unlike your ship our sensors are functioning properly," the voice replied. "Look, we'll drop our shields as a sign of trust, you can scan us, you'll see we're telling the truth."

Kevak

"They dropped their shields dude." Kevak said. "I'm gonna scan them." Kevak activated the weapon's built in sensor suite and began scanning.