Interest Check: D&D - Thieves' World

Started by BlackFistKronos, March 23, 2012, 02:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Jr on April 18, 2012, 07:30:51 PM
I didn't really think of us as having a dozen interested people. Most of the interest posts in this thread are nearly a month old. It's likely they've lost interest or found another game right now, should we really be counting them?

That's a valid point. I hadn't looked at the earlier dates because there were a slew of recent ones towards the end...Someone necroed the thread and it enjoyed brief popularity. I take it back, the original post is on March 23, and it has been being rebumped every 2-3 days since, apparently, so it never REALLY necroed.

That does suggest the OP is long gone, though.

Okay, so how many people ARE we talking about, then? Let's see...I see half a dozen since the beginning of April, and another three if we include the last week of March.

And I still think, due to the style and ideas of the original text, that this would work better with several small 2-3 person groups with multiple GMs and a bit of interaction between them.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

RubySlippers

If we do pathfinder I'm thinking an ultimate skulker someone that blends into the crowd and can move around evading detection, a messenger maybe for a woman of quality and wealth maybe a courtesan sort for fun and useful duties. Just an idea though. There is an archetype just for this sort of character. I could also so a bard/rogue with a focus on the bard on performing with illusions and healing since attacking with magic is not idea it seems if starting at higher than 1st level.

If DnD 3.5 likely will focus on one thing and do it well like be an athletic high rise burglar making money as an acrobat and jugggler also OR be a great pick pocket OR observant a great lookout.

Just a few of my ideas.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Jr

I started reading the series since I bumped this thread and I'm really starting to see the merit in multiple small parties, given the narrative structure of the first book. I'll volunteer to take on 3 or 4 players who know less of the setting than I do. Who else wants to DM?

Jr

I've made a seperate thread for the game. Anyone still interested can sign up here : https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=138399.0