Previous topic - Next topic

JackWhite

Character Name: George Jones
Alias: Tom Garnett
Orientation: Straight
Appearance: 6'2, 188 lbs, muscular
Dislikes: Cowards, being told what to do
Fears: Leading a dull and meaningless life
Goals: Being recognized as a great thief under his alias Tom Garnett.
Weapons: Uberti's Model 1866 "Yellow Boy"; Cavalry M1873
Equipment: (if any)
Horse: Tamed Mustang
Home: Ranch
Background: When he was 14 his parents were killed by a fire. George knew that their house was set on fire because they couldn't pay the rent. From that day he hated the civilized men that thought that they were so much better than criminals. The young man joined a gang that robbed stagecoaches. They were very effective and earned a lot of money. He always made sure that he wasn't recogizable because even at the age of 14 he knew that it could be dangerous if they knew who he really was. The following years he made good money as a thief and that made him decide to try the other side of life again. He became the owner of a small ranch that was perfectly located. No one could stop the water supply if they wanted to harm him. Things went great and he hired a servant but after a few more years he got bored. His life was great and he didn't really have to work too hard for a decent amount of money but he missed his time as a thief. George was a popular guy in town and quite a few men were jealous of him. Not only because his ranch did so well but he wasn't terrible to look at too. Being a thief added a little excitement to his life and there he became succesful too. Once their leader got careless and took too much risk. Everyone thought that their secret club would fall apart but that was when George stood up and since then he had lead them to several great victories.

Chrystal

Me too.

Quote from: JackWhite on March 03, 2012, 02:22:53 PM
Weapons: Model 1894; Cavalry M1873

You might want to to reconsider the rifle, as you've just limited us to a six year time frame! The earlier the weapons you have the longer period the GM has to set the game in! Just a suggestion.

I'm going to ignore the underpants and pretend the camera is a water bottle!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

JackWhite

Quote from: Chrystal on March 03, 2012, 02:36:09 PM
Me too.

You might want to to reconsider the rifle, as you've just limited us to a six year time frame! The earlier the weapons you have the longer period the GM has to set the game in! Just a suggestion.

I'm going to ignore the underpants and pretend the camera is a water bottle!

Just a picture to get to know the character and his horse. The rest isn't really realistic I know. I'll change the riffle by the way

Chrystal

Seriously, if SiFi doesn't come back for this one, I'll ask him if I can run it!

And that rifle is a beaut!

I think I'll pop links to my weapons in my profile the same way.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

JackWhite

I can live with you running this RP if SiFi doesn't.

Headlights

Yes yes yes! I have been looking for a Western since the moment I signed up, either a Historical or an Alternate/Weird West. This seems to be the former, but that's fine; I have plenty of RL background studying the history of the period and writing in it.

I'll hold off submitting a full application until you figure out what you're doing with your GM, but if SiFi returns or Chrystal takes over will submit a character application.
"That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably share silence." -- Mia, Pulp Fiction

"The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him." -- Václav Havel, Writing For The Stage

"With a little poison we can burn this whole place down to the ground, again." -- Lights, Romance Is...

Chrystal

I will send him a PM to see what he's doing.

SciFiSpectacle

I am sorry everyone for not being very active in this thread, been having some real world troubles that have been taking up my time as well as a few video games haha! Here is some essential information that will hopefully clarify all questions previously.

1. This is going to be in an alternate reality so as to not be constricted to time, and it will also be set in the year 2150. The year is mostly meaningless, but for reasons unknown we haven't developed past the cowboys stage in standard American History.
2. This isn't going to be a steampunk RP.
3. You can essentially carry any period weapon, lets just say and assume that they are still in production with just a few modifications here and there to make them more accurate, durable, light weight, and easy to use.
4. There will not be a posting order, however I would ask that you do not post more than three times before the rest of the players have a chance to post. This will be relatively slow paced, so don't feel pressed for time.
5. I am going to be creating the thread Thursday, there will be all this information and several other points there. Also, Chrystal will be Assisting GM'ing with me, so if I am not around and have some questions be sure to ask her. She will also have the power to accept people, create more threads for this RP, and police people on the rules.

That is all for now, there will be more Tomorrow so please hang in there!