News:

Main Menu

Holiday NDA

Started by Bliss, December 21, 2007, 07:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliss

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday(tm), practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all . . . and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "AMERICA" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual orientation of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, which ever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Sabby

Political correctness much? ^_^ but its not winter here... I may just feel discriminated against.

Cherri Tart

and i am offended by the lack of offending material contained therein.  :P
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Apple of Eris

I think the language in that was more convoluted than most of the contracts I review...
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

kongming

This is why I look forward to when the world will all be under the rule of the Imperium of the Immortal God-Emperor of Humanity, Praise be the Emperor, for He is Merciful.

There will be Imperial-Sanctioned Holidays, and none other. If there is an Imperial-Sanctioned Christmas, then you will have a Merry Christmas, or else.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Serenity Vixen

All citizens will be happy...
under pain of death
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Cherri Tart

pain of death... does that strike anyone else as an odd phrase?  i mean, once you're dead, you feel no pain.. shouldn't it be pain of pain? or pain of toture? 

O/O, Cherri Flavored

HairyHeretic

Prince Humperdinck: First things first, to the death.

Westley: No. To the pain.

Prince Humperdinck: I don't think I'm quite familiar with that phrase.

Westley: I'll explain and I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog faced buffoon.

Prince Humperdinck: That may be the first time in my life a man has dared insult me.

Westley: It won't be the last. To the pain means the first thing you will lose will be your feet below the ankles. Then your hands at the wrists. Next your nose.

Prince Humperdinck: And then my tongue I suppose, I killed you too quickly the last time. A mistake I don't mean to duplicate tonight.

Westley: I wasn't finished. The next thing you will lose will be your left eye followed by your right.

Prince Humperdinck: And then my ears, I understand let's get on with it.

Westley: WRONG. Your ears you keep and I'll tell you why. So that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear God! What is that thing," will echo in your perfect ears. That is what to the pain means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.

Prince Humperdinck: I think your bluffing.

Westley: It's possible, Pig, I might be bluffing. It's conceivable, you miserable, vomitous mass, that I'm only lying here because I lack the strength to stand. But, then again... perhaps I have the strength after all.

[Westley slowly rises and points sword directly at the prince]

Westley: DROP... YOUR... SWORD!

[Humperdinck, mouth hanging open, drops sword to floor]
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Bliss

Hh, that is precisely what sprung to mind for me!
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Serenity Vixen

It wasn't my fault :P

It was a quote from the movie "Flash Gordon"

well, not a quote exactly, it was pulled by a skyplane on the day Ming the Merciless was supposed to marry Dale Ardon  :P
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Bliss on December 23, 2007, 02:33:27 PM
Hh, that is precisely what sprung to mind for me!

And so it should. The Princess Bride is a great film.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

kongming

How very true. I consider it mandatory viewing material for, well, everything.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

HairyHeretic

Have you seen Stardust? I think it has a very similar feel about it. I think it could be another Princess Bride.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Cherri Tart

O/O, Cherri Flavored

HairyHeretic

It was class. Going to have to pick it up when it comes out, and get the book at some point too.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Serenity Vixen

I missed Stardust unfortunately
I will have to try and get the DVD some time :)

Bliss

The book was brilliant, and having seen Mirrormask I am very much looking forward to the chance to see Stardust.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Cherri Tart

ooo.. mirror mask is wondeful too, not sure which i loved best - they are both very different movies. 

O/O, Cherri Flavored

HairyHeretic

Haven't seen Mirrormask yet. Must check it out though.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Bliss

Very good movie - and visually VERY much in the style of Dave McKean.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

kongming

I was told that Mirrormask is a must-see for people who liked Labyrinth (it is mandatory that people like Labyrinth). So I watched it and... wow. I love that movie too.

Ons/Offs:

Serenity Vixen

Labyrinth was awesome!!
David Bowie is a surprisingly good actor, and a terrific Goblin King

HairyHeretic

Seen the film and even played the computer game way back when :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

kongming

The computer game? Ooh...

There's a comic/visual novel/manga of Labyrinth, too. It's very recent, and is set some time after - Toby is in his teens, their mum has become quite horrible (she's never there, for a start), and Jareth has just been biding his time, making things happen for Toby.

It's pretty cool. I assume it's Western in origin, just using the "manga style" of art and published by one of the publishers that does a lot of translated manga.

Ons/Offs:

Bliss

Oh, that sounds so cool! Do you remember what it's called? I want to go hunt it up now!
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3