Starfinder: Survival of the Fittest (NC/EX)

Started by PixelatedPixie, February 20, 2018, 12:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelatedPixie

I have tried to get a Starfinder game going twice now, and both times failed (whether due to my own inadequacies as a GM, or player's dropping before things even started), so I thought I would give it another chance.  Third times the charm, or something like that.

Plot
The game will begin on a large passenger/cruise ship as it is boarded by pirates.  The intent is for the characters to be defeated, captured, and enslaved.  The story would then progress with the characters being both slaves and soldiers for their new masters (with inspiration from things such as the healslut concept I've seen tossed around a bit).  That said, I am not strictly opposed to things going in other directions should it work out that way, as a main reason I like to use a system to add some randomness to things.  But a player should be comfortable with the plot as outlined.

Smut
The game is intended to be smut heavy.  I will be putting in in Extreme, BUT I am only requiring a player be comfortable with non-consensual exotic.  The extreme rating is for if a player is interested in that sort of content.  I will do my best to work with specific ons and offs, and to spoiler things as appropriate so people don't have to read things they have a distaste for. 

Recruitment
As attrition seems to be a major factor in my games dying, I will be opening this up to a fair number of players.  That said, it isn't first come first serve, and acceptance isn't guaranteed. 

Creation

• The starting level will be 1.
  • Ability scores will be bought.
  • I am only looking for female characters (though I don’t care what the player is).  This is due to my own personal preferences for smutty content, sorry to those who would like to play a male.  :-(
  • I am going to limit the races to Humans, Lashuntas, Elves, Half-Elves, Androids, and Half-Orcs.

If you are interested please post a brief character description with key details (race, class, theme, brief background), thank you!

Angie

Hell, I'm in. You know I'm good for it! Though I'm not sure if I should do the Solarion I tried to do last time...was an Icon, and had a fun idea behind her.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Chulanowa

I'm interested, even with the sadly stunted races list!

Muse

*pounces* 

May I play please? 

Star shaman perhaps? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Rel Mayer

Possibly interested! Going to see what character concepts are created first.

LizzieV

Kathra 'Kat' Thowalk stands at an impressive 1.9 meters tall with long blonde hair, blue eyes, and a well toned physic. An a human ace pilot soldier (armor storm style), she prefers to blast her enemies with ranged weaponry as often as possible although she's not adverse to getting up and close when the need arises. She's currently travelling on the cruise ship in part to pursue her dream, with the destination being on the route towards a set of race tracks and people with insight to her lifelong obsession. Kathra spends a good amount of time not only piloting but working with engineers to someday merge her battle skills and piloting into one by crafting new types of power armor not yet seen, flying power armor with longevity in the field suitable for work on the ground, in space, and everywhere in between.
O/O

GunmetalDreamer

I’m in.  Heck, I submitted for one of your previous Starfinder pitches, and was saddened when that didn’t take off.  This time I have a better grasp on the setting too :P

Ta'Leth Silverwing:  Elven Operative – Ace Pilot

Ta’Leth Silverwing is an adolescent elf, one of the increasing number of Forlorn who have grown discontent with the isolationist policies of Castrovel.  Full of pride and youthful feelings of invulnerability, Ta’leth has spent years working as a mercenary Starwasp pilot, learning the contours of modern civilization through the lens of conflict and comradery between races.  In the process of moving to a new contract, Ta’Leth had sent her ship ahead along with the rest of her unit via a carrier ship, intending to rendezvous with it at the target location.  Little did she know that the passenger ship she was aboard would be boarded by slaving pirates.  Without her ship, or even a sidearm, Ta’Leth was just as vulnerable as any crew member to the depredations of armed marauders.

As a proud elf, being collared isn’t an indignity she suffers gladly, though her haughty attitude only seems to encourage her keepers to treat her even more harshly to “put her in her place”.  Fortunately, her skills make her too valuable as slave soldier for her to languish away as a comfort girl in the pirates’ base.

Arcanist

Yub Yub...
Definitely interested and here for the long haul
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

Siereis

I'd potentially be interested in this.

Smut sound great, but relatively how much smut vs. plot can we expect?
Seeing as how all the players will be female, is that something the DM is comfortable playing against?...that's a lot of girls to pay attention to after all.
Lastly, non-con sounds fine, but what were the other kinks you'd imagine could pop in that require this to be in the 'extreme' section?

PixelatedPixie

Angie
Was the Solarion for one of the ones I tried to do?

Chulanowa
Sorry, personal preference.

Muse
A Star Shaman could be interesting!

Rel Mayer
I wouldn't worry too much about other player's concepts, I am not looking for a balanced party or anything.

LizzieV
She looks interesting!

GunmetalDreamer
Looks fun!

Arcanist
Did you have a character in mind?

Siereis
Honestly, I am never sure how to answer the smut vs plot question.  It will depend on player, character, and just how things end up going.  The intent is for there to be lots of smut.  Whether that ends up being 50-50, 75-25, 25-75, 60-40, etc I really can't predict.

The characters should be female, I don't care if a player is male, female, or other.  I plan to do my best, whether or not I can pull it off is always debateable.  I don't want to bring in villainous PCs for organizational reasons, and I prefer to write (in smutty contexts) dominate males instead of females, and as I am not interested in M/M particularly much, I am looking for female characters (to explain the reasoning).  I might look for an assistant GM down the road if things go well, but for now it is my intent to handle things myself.

As mentioned, I figure it will mostly be non-consensual.  In terms of extreme, bestiality or bathroom play (depending on the precise definition of that) are options, gore less so. 

Arcanist

Hi PerpetuallyAnnoyedCleric,
I was thinking of an Envoy. Depending on the level we are starting on. I was thinking of maybe an actress of a model who is only starting her media career before she was kidnapped. Or a Journalist who wanted to do an investigative piece on the pirates.

So Human Iconic Envoy
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

Angie

Solarion was not for one of yours. Actually I've been avoiding your games because i have a thing about not applying to someone's games if I'm already in one of their games but, for Starfinder, I'm throwing that out the window.

ShadowFox89

Posting my interest, human mechanic gal.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Edit: sheet mostly done, now off to bed

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1501432
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Angie

How the heck did you get so many ability points? Core book says we only get 10, but it's on a 1 for 1 basis at least (i.e, going from 17 to 18 is the same cost as going from 10 to 11, 1 point).

EDIT: If anyone is considering Icon, the core book has a typo, or at least, I'm damn sure it's a typo. Every other theme's "Theme Knowledge" says (paraphrased) "Reduce the DC of (insert appropriate knowledge skill) checks about your specialty by 5". Icon says to INCREASE by 5. Pretty sure that's wrong.

Eobelle

Here is my Andriod, Gwenllian, from a previous game that tanked.  She is an operative who specialized in getting into trouble, then fucking her way out of it.  Gwen was literally made for sex, and no matter how she tries to get away from it, she just keeps getting used like the fucktoy she is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uHzxMXUihnx65wv1nHI_Infin-6ukuwBj7_O3Fa7oZc/edit?usp=sharing

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Angie on February 21, 2018, 11:55:18 AM
How the heck did you get so many ability points? Core book says we only get 10, but it's on a 1 for 1 basis at least (i.e, going from 17 to 18 is the same cost as going from 10 to 11, 1 point).

EDIT: If anyone is considering Icon, the core book has a typo, or at least, I'm damn sure it's a typo. Every other theme's "Theme Knowledge" says (paraphrased) "Reduce the DC of (insert appropriate knowledge skill) checks about your specialty by 5". Icon says to INCREASE by 5. Pretty sure that's wrong.

I'll have to fix it later, was going off of Pathfinder.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Angie

Yeah, we start with a lot less, but instead of only one ability score going up, we pick 4 and they ALL go up at every 5th level. So instead of starting basically at the top, you start low and advance rapidly.

AnneReinard

Should... I reapply to this one by just dragging and dropping? I was so sad the other perished.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

GunmetalDreamer

And some numbers for Ta'Leth:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name:   Ta’Leth Silverwing  Player:  Gunmetal Dreamer  Campaign:  Survival of the Fittest
Class:  Operative           Race:    Elf               Homeworld: Castrovel
Theme:  Ace Pilot           Deity:   Weydan            XP:        0
Align:  NG                  Size:    Medium            Nxt Lvl:   1,300

STR:    10 (+0)             Health:  10 / 10           Fort:  +0
DEX:    18 (+4)             Stamina:  6 / 6            Ref:   +6
CON:    10 (+0)             Resolve:  5                Will:  +2
INT:    12 (+1)
WIS:    10 (+0)             Init:     5                Kinetic AC:  15
CHA:    13 (+1)                                        Energy AC:   16

Base Attack
:  +0
Melee:        +0
Thrown:       +0
Ranged:       +4

Azimuth Laser Pistol
:  +4 to hit, 1d4 Energy Dmg, Crit 29 (1d4 Burn); 80’ Rng, 20 Charges
Survival Knife:  +4 to hit, 1d4+4 S Dmg, Crit 20

Feats / Class Features / Abilities
Light Armor Proficiency
Basic Melee Weapons
Small Arms
Sniper Weapons

Operative’s Edge:  +1 Insight to Initiative and Skill Checks

Specialization:  Gain +1 Skill Rank per level and Skill Focus for Associated Skills
Ghost - Associated Skills: Acrobatics & Stealth (+4 to Trick Attack w/ Stealth)

Trick Attack
(+1d4):  As a Full Action, move up to your speed and attack with a Small Arm or
melee weapon with the Operative property.  Before the attack, make a check with Bluff,
Intimidate, or Stealth vs DC (20+Target’s CR).  If you succeed, the target is flat-footed and you
do the listed bonus damage.

Theme Knowledge:  +1 Piloting, -5 DC for Culture checks about Starships & Vehicles

Elven Immunities
:  Immune to magic sleep effects, +2 racial bonus to Saves vs Enchantment.
Elven Magic:  +2 racial bonus to caster lvl checks vs Spell Resistance and Mysticism checks.
Keen Senses:  +2 racial bonus to Perception checks.
Low-Light Vision:  Elves can see in dim light as if it were normal light.

Minor Psychic Power
:  Can use Psychokinetic Hand as a spell-like ability 3 times a day.

Skills
Acrobatics:        +11 (1 Rank; +3 Class; +4 Dex; +3 Insight)
Athletics:         +5  (1 Rank; +3 Class; +0 Str; +1 Insight)
Culture:           +6  (1 Rank; +3 Class; +1 Int; +1 Insight)
Engineering:       +6  (1 Rank; +3 Class; +1 Int; +1 Insight)
Perception:        +7  (1 Rank; +3 Class; +0 Wis; +2 Racial; +1 Insight)
Piloting:          +10 (1 Rank; +3 Class; +4 Dex; +1 Insight; +1 Theme)
Profession (Merc): +5  (1 Rank; +3 Class; +0 Wis; +1 Insight)
Medicine:          +6  (1 Rank; +3 Class; +1 Int; +1 Insight)
Mysticism:         +3  (0 Ranks; +0 Class; +2 Racial; +1 Insight)
Stealth:           +11 (1 Rank; +3 Class; +4 Dex; +3 Insight)
Sleight of Hand:   +9  (1 Rank; +3 Class; +4 Dex; +1 Insight)
Survival:          +5  (1 Rank; +3 Class; +0 Wis; +1 Insight)

Augmentations / Armor Upgrades

Equipment Bulk 3.5
Backpack, Consumer (3cr Bulk 1)
Clothing, Every Day (1cr Bulk L)
Clothing, Professional (5cr Bulk L)
Cable Line, Titanium Alloy (25cr Bulk 5L)
Comm Unit, Personal (7cr Bulk L)
Field Ration, 1 Week (1cr Bulk 1)
Flashlight (1cr Bulk L)
Hygiene Kit (3cr Bulk L)
Knive, Survival (95cr Bulk L)
Laser Pistol, Azimuth (350cr Bulk L)
Medkit, Basic (100cr Bulk L)
Second Skin (250cr Bulk L)
Trapsmith’s Tools (20cr Bulk L)

139 cr

Sain

I might be interested. I have a couple questions though if you don't mind :-)

-What kind of pace were you planning for the game post wise?
-What kind of extreme kinks did you have in mind, or what you wanted to see? Heavier bondage? Pain? Tentacles? Monstrous nonhuman males?
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Grizzly

I haven't played Starfinder yet.  If you don't mind a rookie, then I could toss a character into the ring.  This could be a good chance to learn the system.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Angie

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1501497 (I may have missed a few things but here's the beginning)

Saraphina Hideki is her name. The Hideki family was known for artists, and Saraphina's talents were in music. When she was young, she performed for massive crowds. Record labels flocked to her, promising to make her the next big thing. Her parents wanted to keep her close, but the lure of fame and credits galore are difficult to resist for long. She became a pop star almost overnight, performing whatever soul-less drivel put in front of her. The fame got to her as well, right as she became a rebellious teenager. She grew father apart from her family, taken in by her second family of marketing executives and agents that were more than happy to keep their monkey dancing on the end of a string.

She grew older, and wiser, and began to miss the comfort of home. A tour was cancelled, and a prodigal son returned home. She broke down in tears, wanting nothing more than to be her parents' daughter. To her surprise, all they wanted was to have their daughter back. Together, they charted a course to head out to Triaxus, where they could spend a brief vacation. A few days on a faraway world, what could go wrong?

Drift travel, strangely enough. No one is sure how it happened, not even the technicians that picked over the ruins and incident reports. All that is known is that the Drift Drive was engaged, and almost immediately, an unknown surge of energy tore the ship apart, leaving no survivors...save one. Saraphina. The incident changed her. Her hair was blonde before this. It also left her adrift, with only the barest of life support, and a slow countdown to death. But fate would not let its sole survivor die that easily. She was saved by a small order dedicated to Sarenrae, who took her in, healed her body and mind, and trained her-for the incident had granted her new, incredible powers, the powers of a Solarion.

Eventually, she was brought along on a mission to cleanse a hive of the undead, a joint operation between them and the "Cleaners" of Pharasma. Saraphina kept to the backline, aiding in healing the wounded, and battling the undead that came close. A small group of a half dozen humanoid zombies did break through the line, headed straight for the medical camp that had been setup. Saraphina leaped into action, destroying the monsters with her burning blade, with a beauty and a grace to her form that left the healers in awe. She earned the nickname "The Dancing Flame" for her actions that day, and was pronounced to be concluded with her training, and free to do as she wished.

She returned to the Pact Worlds, and found, of course, that her old label had abandoned her when she disappeared. She was unconcerned. She wanted nothing to do with them anyway, aside from an old friend (an actual, legitimate friend) who offered to help her market anything she might try to do in the future. Currently, she experiences with synthwave music, blending ancient wind and string instruments with synthesized tracks. Eventually she released a single, "Warrior", to a warm and happy audience.

She has also teased a new song, "Walk the Unseen", but so far has hit a block. A revelation has struck her, however-since "Warrior" was inspired by the grand battle against the undead, perhaps her muse only speaks to her in battle. Now she seeks to drive out the darkness as Sarenrae once did, for both the good of the Absalom System and the good of her music career!

PixelatedPixie

Everyone
I am going to cut off applications to those that have already posted (any post, not necessarily a character) in this thread as I sort things out. 

Arcanist
Either sounds interesting!  Though the characters wouldn't know that a pirate attack with imminent. 

Angie
Makes sense!

Correct on the Icon typo.
http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm

She looks good!

ShadowFox89
Did you have a bit of a background/synopsis for her?

Eobelle
Did you have a bit of a background/synopsis for her?  She wasn't from one of the ones I attempted was she?

AnneReinard
If you would like, she would probably work here as well if I remember her right.

Sain
At a minimum I would like 1 post from everyone a week.  I can sometimes go faster than that, but it tends to be the speed I slip to when things get busy. 
As mentioned, I figure it will mostly be non-consensual.  In terms of extreme, bestiality or bathroom play (depending on the precise definition of that) are options, gore less so.  Heavy bondage, pain, tentacles, and monstrous non-humans are all options as well depending on player offs. 

Grizzly
I don't mind a new player, but at the same time I am not expert on the system enough to really be able to hand hold to any great degree.

Eobelle

She is from a different game, but upon reflection I think I'm going to make a new one... this one is not overly dissimilar from the character I'm already playing in another one of your games, and I'd like to do something else for this one.