The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

I know, I had to hit the rack last night since 5 in the morning seems to come so quickly.... I need to finish her bio as well and do her plots and scale. I'm giving her a tattoo as well and wasn't sure how a regular healing factor would affect the ink...

kckolbe

I think people would be okay letting such a detail slide.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Sasquatch421

True, but it would end up bugging me unless I had a way to explain it... Unless we had some kind of special ink that worked on people with a healing factor....

kckolbe

(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Sasquatch421

It would be alot to touch up since it's basically the same of as her mothers and that would be quite a bit of money... Good thing she has a big inheritance?

Sasquatch421

Ok, she's done now... Added Marksmanship since it would be hard to beleive that Yuriko wouldn't teach her daughter some of her skills...

Caden

Quote from: kckolbe on July 22, 2013, 04:46:17 PM

Empathy: How aware is he of his emotions being affected by others?  What determines whether his emotions carry to the other or the other person's carry to him?  Is it on strength of personality, are telepaths more or less sensitive?  An argument could be made for either.

His awareness of being affected by another's emotions varies... more impulsive emotions like fear or rage would leave him unlikely to consider the source of the feeling, whereas more passive emotions would allow him enough calm to recognize the emotions are not completely his own. Telepaths are less sensitive, in general, although some less experienced telepaths might not have much experience dealing with emotion seperated from thought. Finally, the strength of the emotion itself is the largest factor in whether or not it will 'back-flow' onto Caden. If he were to try to connect empathically with the hulk, for example, he would likely go into an insane rage himself. EVENTUALLY, however, I would like him to have enough control to project calming emotions strong enough to trigger the Hulk to transform to Banner without being totally overwhelmed by the rage.

Clear as mud? Great.

Dreamscaping: What makes someone unwilling to resist?  Weak-willed types?  When in dream world, are the characters' bodies basically in a coma?  With the exception of "ruling" over this realm, how would you say that this dreamscape is different from astral projection?

I may have been unclear. I meant to say that individuals who are willing can be freely brought into the dream-verse. Those unable to resist(ie those without sufficient willpower, mental discipline, and/or telepathic powers) can be forced to join Caden in the dreamworld.

While in the dream-verse, the individuals physical bodies are unconscious(coma, sleep, trance, etc are all sufficient).

The dream-scape is not a reality that overlays our own. I.E., unlike astral projection, you can't observe what's going on in the physical world. Think of it more as a Minecraft map that Caden has been working on alone, then he hops onto x-box live and invites his friends to join him. While in his world, his friends can manipulate things(with practice) just as he can, but they lack the same degree of control as Caden in most cases.

Dreamforging: Dangerous and difficult to master sums it up.  Could I get an idea of what he could do with this power now and where you want to see it end up?  Also, our Jean Grey never had the Phoenix Force.  Sorry for the let down.

Also, I think he is a touch skill happy.  How old would you say he is?

Right now he can do next to nothing with his dreamforging. He doesn't even realize he can do it yet. He does, sometimes, find himself under attack by monsters and abominations from his own mind but has yet to realize he is the source of his own torment. Perhaps this is something Ms. Grey and he can discover together. I've left a lot of room for juicy character growth with this guy. :)

Eventually he has the power to be a beast(not the Hank McCoy variety), being able to project dream energy at will(think Green Lantern) or fashion constructs such as armor, weapons, or even creatures.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I'd say he's somewhere between 16 and 20, depending on the average age of the students in his class. I agree about the skill-happy part, although a lot of it is reasonable considering he is 'Lex Luthor' level smart. I'll reword the post to indicate he has interest/potential in such skills rather than making him sound like he is already an expert. :)

My sci-fi CYOA story: In The Wizard's Shadow

kckolbe

Quote from: Caden on July 23, 2013, 09:30:00 AM
Finally, the strength of the emotion itself is the largest factor in whether or not it will 'back-flow' onto Caden. If he were to try to connect empathically with the hulk, for example, he would likely go into an insane rage himself.

So, in a way, those with the least emotional self-control (or telepaths) have the biggest effect on him.  Interesting twist.

I may have been unclear. I meant to say that individuals who are willing can be freely brought into the dream-verse. Those unable to resist(ie those without sufficient willpower, mental discipline, and/or telepathic powers) can be forced to join Caden in the dreamworld.

So the non-telepath types that affect him the most are the ones he can bring into his world.  So Storm would have no chance of influencing his emotions, but she would be safe from being "captured" unless she took a pretty big hit to the head...or got roofied.

While in the dream-verse, the individuals physical bodies are unconscious(coma, sleep, trance, etc are all sufficient).

The dream-scape is not a reality that overlays our own. I.E., unlike astral projection, you can't observe what's going on in the physical world. Think of it more as a Minecraft map that Caden has been working on alone, then he hops onto x-box live and invites his friends to join him. While in his world, his friends can manipulate things(with practice) just as he can, but they lack the same degree of control as Caden in most cases.

I'd really like you to coordinate with PhantomPistoleer about this ability.  He might be able to work it into a major plotline, given that it is still similar to projection, and I think it would be a missed RP opportunity for those planes to not intersect in some way.

I'd say he's somewhere between 16 and 20, depending on the average age of the students in his class. I agree about the skill-happy part, although a lot of it is reasonable considering he is 'Lex Luthor' level smart. I'll reword the post to indicate he has interest/potential in such skills rather than making him sound like he is already an expert. :)

The current "average" of the new team is just at 17, if that helps.  In general, I prefer the characters to have less skills the more powerful they are.

Intro Thread

Imogen

Caden, I love how you are giving your character ample room for growth!!

Just had to say that... I'll be quiet now ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Caden

Quote from: Imogen on July 23, 2013, 09:56:43 AM
Caden, I love how you are giving your character ample room for growth!!

Just had to say that... I'll be quiet now ;-)

*bows*

Thank you m'lady.  I am a bit of a praise-whore, so feel free to complement me any time you wish! Every 3rd complement earns a ticket for a free hour of cunnilingus.
My sci-fi CYOA story: In The Wizard's Shadow

Kimera

This is an alternative character concept I am toying around with as a replacement for the current character I have waiting around.

The idea is that this girls mutation allows her to change into a giant monster. A sort of Beauty and Beast, but with the Beast within  :P

If she is in control of this power and form, I'm still working on that.

Charsheet WIP

DESCRIPTION:  CODE NAME
Group Affiliation:
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 121ib
Arch-Enemies:
Nickname:

Powers: 
Skills:
Bio:

kckolbe

Well, two things so far.

1) She's hot

2) I now want to create a character named "Code Name"

Intro Thread

Kimera

As far as alternate forms go, what would be more or less the size limit?

kckolbe

She can go up to 20 feet tall, and 2 tons in weight.  Pullin this outta my ass, so let me know if you pictured something different.

Intro Thread

Kimera

Well for her alternate form, I had something savage in mind, something like:

Offcourse, this is way too big. (or is it  :P)

I was thinking she might originate from the savage lands or something. Sexy savage girl.

kckolbe

Hard to say if that is too big.  There are the multi-story buildings nearby, but they are somewhat in the distance.  So I'd say that at twenty feet tall, such an image is feasible enough.  She would definitely be the bruiser of the group (think I like her better than Spore).

Intro Thread

Jag

That character reminds me of Scaleface. Pretty girl that has a mutation that turns her into a fire breathing dragon type creature.

<3 Scaleface.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Ebb

Quote from: kckolbe on July 24, 2013, 04:26:13 PM
Hard to say if that is too big.  There are the multi-story buildings nearby, but they are somewhat in the distance.  So I'd say that at twenty feet tall, such an image is feasible enough.  She would definitely be the bruiser of the group (think I like her better than Spore).

I'm pretty sure that's a subway train in her (?) left hand. So I think we're talking 400' high or so at the shoulder, at least.

Also, if you set a height limit of 20' then you'd probably want to go with a weight limit of more like 10000 pounds, I would think.

As a point of comparison, I think for a big part of his career Henry Pym (Giant-Man) had a limit of around 25' tall. But that's changed an awful lot (both up and down) over the years.

Another question to ask is whether the character could stop at an intermediate height, or if it's all-or-nothing. If the latter is true it might limit the situations where the power could be effectively used.

But all in all, I like the character concept. A little bit Jekyll and Hyde-ish. Are there any personality differences in the big form? Is this more like Hulk or Intelligent Hulk?

kckolbe

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on July 21, 2013, 09:55:18 PM
The Bone Samurai: Niten Ichi
Group Affiliation: X-Men(student), Clan Yashida, Mutant Underground
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 128 lbs.
Sex: Female
Orientation: Lesbian
Arch-Enemies: The Hand, Lady Deathstrike, The Right Red Hand
Nickname: Kat, Sumi

Powers:

Osteokinesis: Kat has complete control over the bones of herself, including crowing, shaping, manipulating density/weight, using as projectiles/weapons. Her favored shapes revolve around shuriken, kunai and samurai swords.

Healing Factor: Kat's healing factor isn't as advanced as say Logan or Deadpools, but she heals faster then a normal human, but when it comes to her bones they heal superhuman fast.

Enhanced Dexterity: Kat also has precision control over her limbs and muscles giving her increased reaction time and movement.

Skills:

Sword Proficiency: Kat was trained in the art of Kenjutsu and Bushido from an early age by her father Keniuchio.

Dual Wielding: Due to her dexterity Katsumi branched off from the arts that her father taught her to the Niten Ichi-ryu style created and made famous by Miyamoto Musashi.

Marksmanship: Due to her training with her mother Yuriko, Kat has good marksmanship with thrown weapons.

Bio: Katsumi Harada is the daughter of Yuriko and Keniuchio Harada also known as the Silver Samurai. At a young age Yuriko sent Kat to live with her father since she couldn't raise her and Amiko at the same time. Under her Keniuchio's care Kat was raised to follow the code of the Bushido and the Samurai like her father before her. Visits from Yuriko had her learning marksmanship due to the fact that her lineage would constantly make her a target for her parents enemies.

As she grew up Kat branched of with her training to learn a dual sword style and decided to honor her mother by getting the same tattoo that Yuriko had. The ink covers her back and buttocks. Her rebellious days had her listening to what her father hated J-Pop, but that was it. Though stories she had heard had her interested in the Silver Samurai's old opponent Logan. While her love interests went a different direction people she wanted to dual against was a different story. Most rounded around her parent's friend's, allies and one time foes... One of her greatest dreams is to face off against Electra.

Then it happened... Her mother Yuriko was crippled by Lady Deathstrike and her father was killed by the Right Red Hand. Afterwards Yuriko sent Katsumi to Xavier's school after learning that Logan was the acting headmaster. Katsumi was only glad to go hoping to meet the friends of her parent's....

GM Plot's: An old nemesis of Xavier's finds out that Charles is missing and decides to send a strike team backed up with sentinel's thinking the school is easy pickings.

Canon Plot: When Katsumi came to the airport fresh from Japan the Right Red Hand attempted to abduct her but a team of X-Man and 2 students sent to pick her up worked with Katsumi to defeat the ninjas.

Power Ratings:
Intelligence: 3
Strength: 2
Speed: 2
Durability: 4
Energy Projection: 0
Fighting Ability: 4

Katsumi's tattoo:

(Ok... Now is finished...)

Go ahead and delete the canon plot.  None of the new chars have them for plot reasons.

Intro Thread

kckolbe

Good catch on the subway, hadn't noticed that.  So yeah, her form would obviously not be that big.  I did intend it to be scalable up to 20 feet (and yeah, the weight should be higher, maybe 3-4 tons instead, player preference.

If you want an "all or nothing" then 25 feet and 5+tons works for me.

Intro Thread

Kimera

Well I am concidering giving them both different personalities.

Hmmm...since I wanted her other powers to be related to the alternate form, perhaps giving it the ability to scale the shape might be the easiest.

Although only being able to go all out could also be interesting

Pumpkin Seeds

Be interesting if in her big form someone like Wyldecat was the only one who could truly communicate with her since Wyldecat can speak to animals.

Kimera

Sasquatch421

Quote from: kckolbe on July 24, 2013, 04:36:38 PM
Go ahead and delete the canon plot.  None of the new chars have them for plot reasons.

Consider it deleted!

Kimera

Can't seem to think of a cool codename for her though.