Werewolf group interest check. (looking for two Co-GM's) REOPENED

Started by arthenwel, November 20, 2014, 08:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arthenwel

I was in a werewolf group rp a while back. I'd like to keep it on similar paths, but add some other ideas.

Backstory: Werewolves were created in ancient times when cavemen wandered the land. Huge beasts roamed around, looking for an easy meal. Wolves were the sentient creatures like man. One clan of men and one pack of wolves joined together for their mutual protection.  The wolves taught their ways to man. After many generations, the other packs dwindled before being wiped out.The other Neanderthals likewise were outstripped by their cousins, hommo Sapiens. Only the pack and clan survived and flourished. The wolves mad a blood pact with man. In order to increase the chance of survival for both their species, the wolves would give man their form. Man readily agreed. They drank of the blood of the wolves and gained incredible powers. They were stronger, faster, healed quicker. Their sences were heightened and they could communicate telepathically with their chief's pack. However, as they discovered over time, they were forced to change during the full moon when their inner wolves called out. Their blood boiled at first. They could barely control themselves.  They did not age much once the changes began. Approximately 14 years to one year in appearance. Also, the women had complications during pregnancy due to the changes. Only 2 in 5 survived. Ensuring only the strongest or perhaps steel-willed lived. The children began their changes at the time of puberty. (Around 13 for males 10 for females. Give or take a couple years). What's more, when the bit humans, 1 out of 6 became wolves. They weren't as strong, but the were faster. Moreover, their bite wasn't contagious. They also aged quicker than the born. Approximately, 7 years for 1 year in appearance from the time of change. Children under the age of puberty did not contract the wolven form, but again, only 1/6 of the victims survived.
     Homo Sapiens, being more intelligent, saw an opportunity. Neanderthals were a tight knit group among their clan. Once accepted, you were of the clan.They used this to gain protection from stronger animals. They began breeding with their stronger cousins and created the modern day human beings.
    During the dark ages, superstition prevailed and werewolves were hunted. A elite group of werewolf slayers arose as 'The Hunters'. They track down werewolves regardless of how man, or few, they harm.They consider it their duty to wipe the 'cursed wolves' out. Born wolves's numbers shrank. The borns, who had once held the 'bitten born' as lesser beings, had to make a decision. Remain apart from the bitten or join them. The Born pride prevailed and they lost many more. Now, packs that had numbered 50+ were either gone or held at most 12 wolves.

Current story:
In modern day society, werewolves are myths. Sightings have gone down due to the born and bitten keeping a low profile.Some have integrated back into society, some live as hermits on their own and other have created their own territory, free from humans. However, with numbers dwindling, do the born refuse their cousins,  or finally accept them?

Character Sheet:
    name:
    Class: (born, bitten, hunter, normal human
    Appearance: picture of human form.NO ANIME PICS PLEASE!
     Color of fur (if applicable) description of wolf, I.e:thick, skinny, big, small
    backstory:
    personality:
    On's/Off's:

The setting will be in Canada as there will be more undesturbed areas and several cities. If you have questions pm me.
Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

On's/Off's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=185686.0
A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

GnothiSeauton

I'm somewhat intrigued, but would like to hear more about the story and see who all joins up before I throw my hat in the ring.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

arthenwel

Feel free to ask questions.
I was thinking of having one wolf pack outside of the scity. Newcomers, either seeking refuge or passing through stop in the human city. There is a bar on the outskirts that caters only to wolves, more bitten than born.Bitten, for the most part, hate the born for their treatment. Thus, trouble comes to the born in the bar.

The packs leader is old, but still strong. He is also well-respected, but will only step down to the challenger who defeats him. As per pack law.

My guy is a wanderer. I have yet to decide if I wa t him to eventually start a pack or stay on his own, visiting the city occasionally.
Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: arthenwel on November 20, 2014, 09:05:39 PM
Feel free to ask questions.
I was thinking of having one wolf pack outside of the scity. Newcomers, either seeking refuge or passing through stop in the human city. There is a bar on the outskirts that caters only to wolves, more bitten than born.Bitten, for the most part, hate the born for their treatment. Thus, trouble comes to the born in the bar.

The packs leader is old, but still strong. He is also well-respected, but will only step down to the challenger who defeats him. As per pack law.

My guy is a wanderer. I have yet to decide if I wa t him to eventually start a pack or stay on his own, visiting the city occasionally.

Could be interesting. 
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

arthenwel

Name: Corbin Lane
Appearance: Perry Merlotti (phone won't load pic. He has leusism, so his hair an fur are pure white. He is small for a pure wolf.
personality: Self defacing, Self-loathing, kind, generous, agressive towards bullies, thugs, werewolves, and sadistic people, doesn't trust anyone very much, silent until he opens up, loner, but desires company.

Back story: When Corbin Lane was born, everyone knew he was unusual. His har was snow whit and his eyes were a sapphiire blue while every other pack member had brown or black hair and chocolate brown eyes. Due to the monthly shiftings his mother went through while bearing him, he should have died. In fact, that is the rumor behind his white hair and blue eyes. They are the mark of one who has died, or so the pack claimed. His childhood was rough even for a werewolf. He had no friends because he was different. He would be tripped, punched or stoned while he walked. He couldn't prove anything because by the time he was home, the bruises disappeared. So he delt with it. Around the age of six, he began feeling off during the full moon. He was normally peaceful, but during the full moon, he became angry and agressive over the smallest things. A non-pack memeber would smile and he grew angry because he thought it was forced. When he got into a fist fight around his mother, she signed him up for Tai Chi lessons. He was frustrated at first. It was very slow paced and he had too much energy and a desire to move faster. However, it taught him to make precise movements, to move no more than you must, and most importantly, it taught him to control his emotions. It took him 5 years to master Tai Chi. A couple of months afterwards, the bullies attempted to resume their bullying only to find their attacks redirected or nullified.
     When Corbin was nearing his 12th birthday, the pack decided it was time that he learned to be a follower to their wishes. The would demand him to do little things. Such as, fetch groceries, sweep a specific section of the house. He would always ask why, or how come, angering the pack leader. When he swept his house, he would do the whole house, not just the part assigned. Thus further alienating himself from the leader.  When he was 12, they had had enough. The banished him on the grounds that he was non willing to obey his leader. He was chased out of the territory with only a knife and his clothing on his back.  He went until he found a major city that didn't have the smell of a single werewolf in it. In his time on the run, he had learned how to make traps, skin his kills, make fire. So, when he went into the city, he had many furs. He sold them and recieve a substantial amount of money. He walked around until he heard the sound of fighting and and cheering. He discovered a fighting tournament. It was the final match. One contender used Muay Thai and the other used Tai Jutsu. However, the man using Tai Jutsu seemed to be new to his black belt. The man using Muay Thai seemed to be used to fighting. He watched and after the fight asked the man where he learned Muay Thai. So began his time training in Muay Thai. He recieved a room in the dojo and training in exchange for cleaning it. He used his money from the furs to buy his training clothes and food for a while. Every month, he went out for a few days to kill prey. He sold the furs and used the meat to supplement his food. It took him 7 years to master Muay Thai. During his training, after his 14th birthday, further complications arose. He was out hunting as the sun sank over the horizon. He started feeling wierd, but put it down to normal full moon agression. However, as the full moon rose in the sky, he dropped his knife and hugged himself as pain ripped along his body. He was in agony as his bones shifted, grew, or shrank as needed for the transformation. It was then that he realized what was happening. He had forgotten that it was his 14th birthday a few nights ago. After he completed training,  he decided he couldn't stay. He left a note for his teacher and left the city. He traveled North as he went, where his stark eyes and hair were a little less of a shock. He stopped in a city to trade in his furs for money, clothes and supplies. He was about to leave when he came across this kung Fu Dojo. He looked in interested and saw a beautiful woman sparring agains a tall, broad-shouldered man. They seemed to be using different styles. Hers was fluid, swift, and precise. His was powerful, destructive, and agressive. Corbin walked inside and asked to learn. The sensei asked him questions, had him perfom several forms, and began his instruction in Dragon-style Kung Fu. While he trained, he grew close to the woman he had seen. They began to go out. It took him 8 years to master every dragon-style technique. He was due to learn eagle-style next and wanted to celebrate. Only problem was, the next night was a full moon. He also wanted to move foreward in his relationship with Sue. He brought her with him for his transformation. At first, she was skeptical, but as she watched his transformation in horror, she came to realize the truth. She ran before he could finish the transformation, but he quickly caught up to her, his tail wagging and his tongue lolling out. That was when she called him a monster, among other things and ran again. He stood ther in shock. When he reverted to his human form, he dazedly retrieved his knife and a different pair of clothhes from his room. He sold the rest and left. He was about an hour outside of the citybefore he came back to himself. He looked at his hands in disgust, he finally realized that he was a monster. During his next shifting, the transformation was even more excruciating. He gripped his head as he felt pressure build up. He ripped at his body gashing himself with his claws as the pain inside became unbearable. For two hours, he had to deal with the pain, the worst part wasn't that he usually only took 30-45 minutes to change. It wasn't that the pain was so much worse. It was that he stopped transforming into a wolf after the first hour and the second hour transfomed him back into a man. He lay there afterwards bleeding from several gashes. His healing was now that of a normal human.

GnothiSeauton

If it were me, I'd do a story about a small town/settlement that's a sort of safe haven for weres.  Could be that Hunters have killed large numbers of wolves, and that this town/settlement is a sort of home and shelter to those looking for safety.  There could be a large number of humans (maybe some who know, maybe none of them know) that are used as a sort of cover for the weres that live in the town. 

Seeking New Stories

arthenwel

That wouldn't sit well with a born wolf's pride. Besides, most humans don't know of their existence.  Only hunters do and there aren't many and spread thin. After all...they are an elite group. Few are allowed in.

arthenwel