Silent Hill (Gauging Interest)

Started by Inerrant Lust, December 08, 2014, 11:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

Silent Hill

Silent Hill is a peaceful resort town to some... and a hell to others, where they must face their inner demons. The town itself, animated by unholy sacraments, manifests into reality people and creatures plucked and molded from the subconscious of those who are drawn to its supernatural power. Not all who fall under Silent Hill's spell deserve such torment, and not all who are tormented find respite from it..

Looking for 3-4 players to get sucked into the nightmare!

The twist is, it won't (initially) take place in Silent Hill, and all of the players might not even be in the same location. However, when they enter the impossible architecture of the fog world and other worlds, they may find themselves meeting up and wandering through the fog-blanketed streets of Silent Hill. The characters, naturally, will need to have some kind of connection to the town- a tether to its supernatural power. They could have lived there or visited a few times, or even have had an even less tenuous connection to it- knowing someone or possessing an object that had a strong link to its supernatural attributes. Or, in the case of Henry Townsend, living in the apartment building where a Silent Hill resident's corpse is hidden.

The characters need not have committed any grave offense or conceal any tremendous secret. In fact, I would like to see more mild characters whose inner demons stem from the most subtle of sources. Also, as this is E- this game will be considered Extreme. Expect monster sex, since... well, even the source material has included such things.

But of course, that all depends on the characters and their manifestations. Not every monster will be sexual in nature, particularly if the character whose mind it was taken from isn't particularly obsessed with sexuality.

Each character will have a unique experience with Silent Hill. Their otherworlds are not identical, but may overlap and mesh as they encounter one another. Such meetings may be brief or prolonged, but expect to be separated and joined together at the whims of the supernatural world.

Kaedia

You had my heart at Silent Hill. I'll mark down my interest.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

MiraMirror

Marking interest for formality~

Edit: Also staking my claim on the "Desensitized woman used for sex" idea
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Inerrant Lust

I think you should explain a little further, TOS. :P

This was originally going to be a solo, but I decided to open the idea up to more. I was going to borrow heavily from Silent Hill 2... the protagonist meeting other people trapped in the fog world (and sometimes, the Otherworld) that occasionally cross paths. They were going to be NPCs but I figured the E community could come up with more interesting characters than I could, and that I might be able to focus on crafting the horrors and symbols of their mind given what you guys come up with for characters.

Therefore, the more information the better! And don't give me anything easy because I intend to be at times subtle with the symbolism... and at other times aggressively overt about it. (While the weird spinning blade things in Heather's otherworld are very open to interpretation... there's NO questioning what the pistons in Angela's otherworld represent...)

MiraMirror

Fiiine. I was doing posts, IL. ;n;

The character I'll be developing would've been used for sexual favors in her more vulnerable days, when she was so desperate for some kind of friend, that she fell for one man's trickery, just to avoid having to go back to being alone.  When he suddenly disappeared, she began going to dance clubs, trying to mingle with the nightlife to replace the man. It was an odd situation, but she was desperate enough to see it as companionship. She would occasionally offer minor sexual favors if it meant companionship, even if it didn't last, as being alone is perhaps her most prominent fear, shaping her actions, nightmares, etc.  One night, she accepted a dare to pop an odd pill, which happened to contain a plant from Silent Hill...and from there, the nightmare began.

schnookums

Oh man, I've been wanting to play in a Silent Hill game like...forever.

MiraMirror

Quote from: schnookums on December 09, 2014, 03:14:21 AM
Oh man, I've been wanting to play in a Silent Hill game like...forever.

We meet again, Schnookums...How curious. =w=

Lockepick

There was another Silent Hill game that died before it ever began, but I had a character concept there that I'd love to use here.

I'm not sure if I read correctly: Are you asking players to also play monsters for the other characters? I need to know my target 'audience' for monsters before picking a gender.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Inerrant Lust

Nope. That'll be my job. You're just playing your own character, though you might not always interact with your own inner demons, so to speak.

Also, as an aside there will be no Pyramid Head. :P

schnookums

QuoteAlso, as an aside there will be no Pyramid Head. :P

He'll be replaced by his lesser known brother, dodecahedron torso?

Inerrant Lust

As an aside;
http://youtu.be/Zj1nJzQPVYA

But here's a sheet to use, since so far ideas have been coming in bits and pieces. :P Though I am discussing the more intimate details with people through PM, for here I'd just like to know mostly the tangible things- things related to the character and their life in the 'real world'

Name:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Birthplace:
Appearance:

D12

I like how his little spotlight/flashlight bobs with his head.

Showing some interesting.
I am having some trouble putting together a character though, I have some pieces that I'm trying to fit together but could you perhaps elaborate on what sort of inner demons / driving things you think would be good / appropriate for this game?
Quote from: Angiejuusan
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

Inerrant Lust

Well, I like the fact that most of the people interested have been extremely detailed about some of their characters' experiences, while vague about the actual logistical details... which gives me a bit of creative freedom with regards to the symbolism. (IE; Telling me that your character feels bad about stabbing a man in the eye will offer little mystery to you if I decide to include eye-ball imagery and symbolism... while just telling me that your character killed a man allows me to vaguely allude to the method and particular imagery of that act with it still remaining mysterious. Did that make any sense?)

So when making a character, don't feel bad if it's vague. There are some details I'm looking for, but if you want to leave blanks to be filled, then by all means...

So far we have these 'primary' themes at work...
Self-worth/Craving affection
Guilt/Neglect
Repression/Envy
Self-consciousness/being objectified
Guilt/Fear of Commitment

As I think the characters interacting with one another, and interacting with one another's manifestations will play a big role in the game, feel free to come up with an idea based off of some kind of relation to those above.

ExisD

I wish I'd noticed this group earlier since it looks like a ton of fun. If applying is still open I have an idea. I understand if there's already too much interest.

My idea is a girl who was bullied in school relentlessly thanks to puberty. Mostly she became rather tall and voluptuous early with all of the issues that comes with it thanks to immature kids. To make matters worse, she couldn't continue with her favorite sports thanks to the very same changes. She retreated into herself and still hasn't quite broken out from them even in her twenties.

Bio

Name: Judy Parish
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Birthplace: One town over from Silent Hill
Appearance: Judy dresses to conceal her figure as much as she can. She's tried to stay in shape, but she still stands a head above many men and is very noticeable thanks to that.

D12

related

I was thinking something along the lines of a girl who, maybe doesn't have a super-dark 'I murdered somebody' secret, but has something more like a nagging cloud of her head, a lingering apprehension that can't really be placed; maybe she has something in her past that she feels bad about, some things that she shouldn't have done, maybe even multiple things but nothing that's really bad.

I was thinking of making her main problem a sense of squandering what she has; upper-middle class, well educated, relatively pretty, but no ambition, no drive, or desire to really do anything. A lingering idea that she's not living up to her potential and that she never will.
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

Inerrant Lust

I like the subtlety of that. It relates well to another character, though I feel like it adds a punch. If not a punch, a very long and sustained bout. For the original idea, the character that TOS adapted from my musings was very much like that, D12. Though she let herself be sexually used, it stemmed from low self-worth related to relationships and the kind of squandering you're talking about, D12. Dropping out of college and basically becoming a professional club goer, living off the kindness (ie; sexual gratification) of others contributing to her sense of squandered potential. ...But it's up to TOS how much he is going to incorporate that into the character he's going to play. So while I like themes that relate to other characters, I would ideally like to avoid outright overlap.

Though I realized now we have just one male character posited for this idea, though it's lockepicke and his love of all things manly is well-known. ;) ...Although that would make all the characters, male and female, attracted to men. ...Which isn't a bad thing, now that I think about it. Silent Hill 2 is full of many feminine enemies and one very masculine one. An inverse of that seems in order... especially if this is going to explore sexual themes explicitly.  ::)

Unfortunately, so far we have 6 people interested and I only intended to start with 4... but I'm now relenting and going with 5. All of the ideas are good, so I am loathe to turn anyone away but having so many people will make crafting these horrors and introducing them in a meaningful way more difficult. :P

I am also always very wary of group games. In this one, where interaction will be very important... having someone drop out in the middle of things could be difficult to work around. Sure, with the supernatural elements at play, I could fiat a scenario in which that individual is discretely sequestered off... but I'd rather not have to do that in the first place. I would also be extremely miffed if I had to refuse someone (as I like all of these ideas!) to keep the headcount low and someone loses interest.

Lockepick

Name: Hudson Allen
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Green
Birthplace: Springwood, a City two hours away from Silent Hill.
Appearance: Hudson does the bare minimal to take care of himself; his hair is shaggy in need of a cut, a layer of stubble grown on his chin. His clothes are usually well-worn and comfortable more than fashionable.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Inerrant Lust

D12

Name: Jo Sigi
Hair Color: Brunette
Eye Color: Green
Birthplace: Yarmouth, Maine
Appearance: Image
Height: 5ft 2in
Weight: 138lbs