Pokemon: Path of Destiny; No Longer Seeking; Thank You!

Started by King Serperior, July 27, 2016, 07:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Game Notes and Rules

- This game will take place in the Tokai Region.  Tokai is a region I created and is NOT canon.  Tokai has it's own towns, Gyms, Gym Leaders, Pokemon League, lores, and many other things.
- There will Not be any "Fakemon" in this game.  Mega Evolution will be strictly limited, especially in the early game.
- As Sun and Moon are NOT out yet, please refrain from asking about the new Gen 7 Pokemon, moves, abilities, or items.  I will include them when the game comes out and I have played through it myself.
- This will Not be a system game.  We are all adults here, so I believe that we won't need a system to get things done.
- This will be a loosely guided freeform game with the plot moving forward via story events.
- That in mind, all final decisions will be decided by me.  If all else fails and a conflict can't be resolved, I will step in and resolve it.
- I am only looking for Trainers, not Gym Leader, Elite Four members, or past champions.  This game is OCs Only.
- This will not be a super-fast game.  I will try for once-a-week posts, but it may be a little slower than that.
- I do not plan for a smut-filled game.  Although such things are fun, but it can really bog down a game.  I would like this to be mostly story based.  As such, character genders don't matter.
- On that note, any sexual content will remain between humans.  I am not too much a fan of Pokemon x Human pairings.
- I only plan on taking five trainers with me on this adventure.  As such, though character gender doesn't matter, it is nice to have an even pairing of males and females.
- I would like all interested players to have an O/O's thread.  This makes it easier for everyone instead of having to try and navigate a matrix or the like.
- Finally, I would prefer anyone who wants to play this game to have taken the Oath of Drake (Note:  Though it is preferred, it's NOT required) and have an O/Os thread (The matrix is nice, but having an actual thread would be much preferred).

So, with all of that out of the way, let me welcome you to the Tokai Region!  This region is very much separated from the rest of the Pokemon world and the only way to get there is by plane or by sea, and even then, it's a long journey.  It's one of the newest regions in existence, their Pokemon League being barely three years old.  Despite it's isolation from the rest of the world by vast seas, Tokai is very big and it has been speculated that it was the center of a vast super-continent millions of years ago.  However, not all is grand in this region.

A war, unlike any other in the other regions, ravished the land and left much of the region in ruin.  Now, the region is in a state of rebuilding and, for the first time in the region's history, a Pokemon League was built.  It was a rough job, but structure was finally found in Tokai.  After three years, the region is now open to trainers from the outside.  Compared to other regions, this region is harsh and dangerous.  Though their are places where different Pokemon can live perfectly in their natural habitats, but a vast portion of the region is a ruined wasteland.  Most of the population resides around the edges of the region in large, coastal, modern towns and cities, leaving smaller, makeshift towns and villages throughout the rest of the region.

That's where we come in.  We get to test this fledgling region and League.  Some will come by air and others by sea, relatively new trainers with high hopes and dreams, willing to risk it all in the search for Championship.  There will be danger, there will be action, there will be adventure, and there may even be romance, but nothing is ever truly guaranteed.  Who is willing to find out where this adventure takes us?

This game will be a more realistic take on Pokemon.  People and Pokemon can be badly injured and there will likely be deaths.  There will be parts of this game that will be quite dark.  However, this doesn't mean that your character or their Pokemon will die or be injured.  That is still the player's choice, but there will be scenes where NPCs and their Pokemon will be hurt and/or killed by other NPCs and their Pokemon.  This doesn't mean it will be all gloom, doom, death, and violence, but it won't be all sunshine and sparkles either.

Character Sheets:

[float=left][img height=200 padding=5]INSERT IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (Preferably 17-21)
[b]Trainer Class:[/b]  (What sort of trainer is the character?  Are they a trainer who wants to take on all the gyms?  Do they want to do contests instead?  Perhaps they are a breeder?  Are they a monotype trainer who only likes one type of Pokemon?  Maybe they are just an explorer out for adventure?  Or do they strive to one day become a Pokemon professor?  This section is open for all EXCEPT expert trainers, league champions, (ex-)gym leaders, (ex-)elite four members, professors, or (ex-)champions.
[b]Orientation:[/b] (Can be any orientation, but being specifically Hetrosexual or Homosexual can be limiting;  However, as this isn't a game run off the sexual element, that shouldn't come up too often, so don't worry too much about this.)
[b]Home Region:[/b] (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos)
[b]Pokemon Team:[/b] (Everyone is given '6 Points' for team building;  Explained below;  Each trainer can have 1, 2, or 3 Pokemon to start;  Please list the three Pokemon and include a brief bit of information about them, such as nicknames, personality, which one did the trainer start with, and other interesting tidbits.)
[list]
[li][u]Pokemon One:[/u][/li]
[li][u]Pokemon Two:[/u][/li]
[li][u]Pokemon Three:[/u][/li]
[/list]
[b]Personality:[/b]  (Just a few sentences)
[b]Biography:[/b]  (Just a paragraph or two;  I'm not looking for League Champions, Ex-Gym Leaders, or anything like that;  However, 1 or, at most, 2 gym badges from their home region is good enough;  Any more than that wouldn't make them fairly new trainers.)
[b]Bag Contents:[/b]  ([u]The contents of the bag will be subject to GM approval[/u], however, the standard for trainers are: a sleeping back and/or small tent, 10-20 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, some Pokemon food, a canister for water, some food for the trainer, some spare clothes, and extra items like a rope or grooming tools for their Pokemon.)
[b]Ons/Offs:[/b] (Link to player's Ons/Offs thread;  Do not link to any matrix as those are not very fun to navigate)

One final note before moving on to the Pokemon:  No newly arrived trainer knows much about Tokai except these facts:

• Tokai is, by far, the largest region known.
  • There was a major civil war about five years ago.
  • The land is harsh, but beautiful.
  • The Tokai Pokemon League is said to be the toughest League of all regions.
  • The Tokai Region is so large that it is believed that almost all Pokemon species live there somewhere.
  • It has recently opened its borders to accept new trainers now that it is fairly safe.
  • As far as anyone is aware, there are NO powerful groups with malicious intent like seen in other regions (Teams Rocket, Plasma, Flare, etc);  This, however, is not true, but more will be revealed later;  As such, it is deemed somewhat safer than some regions.

Now, before you begin working on your Character, you'll notice that the team needs explaining.  This game is about following the journeys of six relatively new trainers in a new, strange region.  It's possible that your characters can have a badge, maybe even two badges from whatever region they came from, but no more than that.  They certainly won't have any badges in this region.  So, that brings us to the reasoning behind this.

Our characters can have anywhere between one and three Pokemon on their starting team.  However, there are some restrictions on this.  It would be easy for someone to have a team of Arcanine, Blastoise, and Sawsbuck to start, but that would be too easy, if you get what I mean.  So, here's the Pokemon Team Rule:

As you noticed in the character sheet, each trainer has six 'points' that allows them to have anywhere from one to three Pokemon.  Each Pokemon has a certain 'price,' but don't let that confuse you.  Here's the 'prices:'

- 2 Points:  Includes most First Stage Pokemon (Ex. Charmander, Wurmple, and Yamask) and all Baby Pokemon (Ex. Pichu, Budew, and Cleffa).
- 4 Points:  Includes most Single Stage Pokemon (Tauros, Druddigon, and Stantler), Fully-Evolved Early Bug-Type Pokemon (Beedrill, Dustox, Vespiquen, and Mothim (No one wants a Combee any of their other first stages!)), Gyarados/Milotic (No one really wants a Magikarp/Feebas, do they?), Evolved forms of Baby Pokemon (Ex. Pikachu, Magmar, and Marill), Eeveelutions (Ex. Jolteon, Espeon, and Leafeon), Most Middle-Stage Pokemon (Ex. Gloom, Marshtomp, and Tranquill), and First Stage Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon (Ex. Bagon, Beldum, and Dratini).
- 6 Points:  Includes Middle-Stage Pseudo-Legendaries (Ex. Pupitar, Sliggoo, and Zweilous) and Most Fully-Evolved Pokemon (Ex. Golem, Shiftry, and Blastoise).

You do NOT have to use all six points.  If you want a brand new trainer with just a Chimchar, feel free!  That's just 2 points and one Pokemon, but if it suits your character, do it!  Just the same, you could use all six points and get a Shellder, Bidoof, and an Eevee.  Just pick what Pokemon you feel that you want and works well with the character you have in mind!  It's your character, so play what you want!

Next up, in regards to Pokemon, these types will be limited:  Pseudo-Legendaries, Shiny Pokemon, Fossils, and Mega Evolutions.  Here's why:

- Pseudo-Legendaries:  Among the strongest of Pokemon when they reach their final stage, they are among the most difficult to train and take the longest to fully evolve;  Finding them, let alone catching them, can be very difficult.
- Shiny Pokemon:  Extremely rare, these Pokemon are highly valued, despite their coloration being the only difference between them and normal colored versions.  As such, Shiny Pokemon are often stolen and sold on black markets.
- Fossils:  Finding a fossil that is intact enough to revive is very rare.  While not as rare as a Shiny (or anywhere close to that), intact fossils are highly valued by scientists.  As such, unless someone is actively looking for them, most trainers ignore them.  While Fossil Pokemon are much less likely to be stolen than a Shiny or a Mega Stone, they're rare enough that they may pose a threat to their trainer.  I, personally, plan to have a Fossil Pokemon myself as I adore them.
- Mega Stones:  Extremely valuable and highly sought after, Mega Stones allow a Pokemon to Mega Evolve.  Because of this, trainers with Mega Stones are often targets for thieves.

While these restrictions on these Pokemon types might seem harsh, I am doing it for balance reasons.  I know that if I do not do this, then everyone and their friend will be going for shiny Pokemon, Mega Pokemon, and Pseudo-Legends.  Besides, the more rare and powerful a Pokemon is, the larger the target the trainer is!  In terms of danger levels, from most dangerous to least, we have:  Mega Stones -> Shiny Pokemon -> Pseudo-Legends -> Fossil Pokemon.  So, if you want to add one of these elements to your trainer, just take note of the risk of having them verses the reward.  One major note, however:  No trainer will have a Mega Stone or Key Stone at the beginning!  Even if the trainer did, having both and the Pokemon to use them mean nothing until a very strong bond between trainer and Pokemon is achieved!

It's complicated, I know, but if you have any questions, let me know.  I will be more than happy to answer your questions.    :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Latooni Subota

I have an idea for a girl who is prooobably in-over-her-head, heading to the Tokai region to be one of the first to try and complete the league challenge . . with the intent of recording her battles and adventures traveling across the region, and uploading them to the net for the world to see her glorious victory that surely won't have anything bad happen.

Trainer Class: PokeJournalist? Net Idol? PokeBlogger?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

King Serperior

Hey, Latooni Subota!

A PokeJournalist could certainly work.  Of course, trainers don't have to enter the League Challenge at all if you don't want them to.  A character can completely ignore the league if they just want an adventure.  As for uploading to the internet, I like to think that there isn't actually something exactly like that in the Pokemon world.  It's more television as the media and video conferences.  So, if you want your character to focus on creating a video document of the world around her during her adventures, feel free!

I hope that answers your questions?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Latooni Subota

Yeah, I figured it would be something like (Especially considering the way you described the region) her recording bits of her adventure on PokeGear or something, then whenever she gets to a PokeCenter using the PC system to send it to where it needs to go. Without the internet, it's probably a weekly TV show she got fresh out of school. (By being the only person brave enough to volunteer for this kinda gig in a completely untested region)

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

King Serperior

So, what you're saying is that she just recently got out of school and chose to make a career as a beginner journalist/reporter?  I would imagine that the Tokai region isn't a primary objective for most news stations in the various regions since there is little to no information about it and most regions have bigger fish to fry.  So, I think it would make sense for her to volunteer for this sort of thing, being new and 'not skilled enough' for bigger stories in the regions.

Do you have any other questions or ideas for your character or the character sheet itself?  Remember, you can have between 1-3 Pokemon to start, but you don't have to go for three if you feel your character wouldn't have that many.

I'm personally planning for a spelunking, cave-diving explorer with a fondness for very hardy Pokemon.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

As an example to see a completed character sheet, this will be my character.

Name:  Koga Nakamura
Trainer Class:  Explorer
Orientation: Bisexual, but isn't worried about that sort of thing right now
Home Region: Sinnoh

Pokemon Team:
| |

• Amaura:  Koga's first Pokemon, Amaura's fossil was discovered by him as a child while exploring the Iron Islands.  After revival, Amaura proved to have a caring nature and highly protective of her trainer.  Though not Koga's strongest Pokemon in terms of sheer brute force, it shouldn't be underestimated in battle.
  • Golett:  Koga came across Golett while traveling through Mt. Coronet where it was being harassed by a swarm of Zubat.  After saving it, Golett started following Koga around until it decided to join him.  Golett is, by far, Koga's strongest Pokemon, but it isn't very good at doing delicate things, often accidentally breaking fragile objects.  It can often be seen staring at the sky and climbing high places.
  • Noibat:  When Koga visited the Great Marsh, he noticed that a Noibat was being bullied by a swarm of Yanma led by a Yanmega.  Amaura felt bad for it and managed to convince Koga to capture it instead of leaving it where it would be bullied.  Even after capture, Noibat proved to be rather jittery and twitchy and prone to occasionally attacking anything that scares it with Supersonic attacks and Biting them.

Personality:  Koga sees himself as an explorer, often taking the less traveled road just to see where it takes him.  He's tough, but not without compassion.  He tends to tackle problems head-on more times than not, but is usually more cautious when he battles.  Koga tends to prefer the Rock, Steel, and Ground types over the others and isn't too fond of Fire types since some caves are filled with flammable gasses and fire eats valuable oxygen.  Overall, Koga is the kind of person you can depend on when things get dangerous.

Biography:  Though Koga was born in Oreburg City, he spent a lot of his childhood Canalave City with his uncle Byron.  His father was Roark, but he never knew his mother because she died when he was young due to a sickness that came with sudden intensity.  It was because of this that he spent a lot of time with his uncle while his father threw himself into running his gym to distract himself from grief.  When he was old enough, Byron took him to the Iron Islands, which used to be a mine, but was now a habitat for the various Pokemon that lived there.  It was on one of those expeditions that he found a Sail Fossil, which was extremely rare in Sinnoh.

When he returned home in Oreburg, he and his father revived the Amaura.  After a couple of years, he decided that it was time to be a true Pokemon Trainer and begin exploring.  So, at the usual age of 10, Koga set out with his Amaura to explore the world.  Over the next few years, Koga had traveled to all but the most northern regions of Sinnoh.  At 15, while trying to navigate his way through Mt. Coronet, he came across a swarm of Zubat attacking a Golett every time it poked its head from behind some rocks.  A few well-placed Icy Winds and Aurora Beams later and the flock was scattered, allowing the Golett to escape into the darkness of the cave.  Over the next couple of years, Koga and Amaura noticed that that same Golett seemed to be following them, but it always ran and hid whenever they tried to get too close.  It wasn't until he was 18 and training to take on the  Eterna City Gym Leader, Gardenia, that the Golett decided that it wanted to join in.  The battle against the Automaton Pokemon was one of their toughest as the Golett proved to be stronger than it looked, despite being weak to Amaura's ice moves.  It knew strong attacks, such as Fire Punch and Shadow Punch but it eventually allowed itself to be caught.

Despite the type disadvantage, Amaura's ice attacks and Golett's sheer strength proved to be just what Koga needed to triumph over Gardenia.  With a badge under his belt, Koga made his way down to the more southern parts of Sinnoh.  Soon, he found himself in Pastoria City where they decided to try their hand at battling Crasher Wake.  However, the Gym Leader proved far too strong for them and easily defeated them without having a single his Pokemon faint.  After that complete defeat, Koga decided it was time to take a break and go check out the Great Marsh.  As night began to fall hours later, he began to head back to the exit where he witnessed a Noibat fleeing from a swarm of Yanma and a Yanmega that were being territorial.  It kept trying to defend itself, but there were too many and the Yanmega was too strong.  After Amaura's insistence, Koga helped the smaller Pokemon and then convinced it to join him, which the Noibat accepted rather than stay with the scary Bug Pokemon.

Not long after his 19th birthday, Koga received a letter from his father telling him of a new league that recently opened in a region that was torn by a war a few years back.  Because Koga was always looking for adventure, Roark thought that this would be a grand opportunity for him to test his skills.  So, with a little extra money in his pocket, Koga took the boat to Kanto where he boarded the ship to Tokai....

Bag Contents:  1x Sleeping Bag, 10x Pokeballs, 5x Great Balls, 5x Potions, 1x Super Potion, 1x water canister with a built-in water purifier, some Pokemon food, some dried fruits and salted meats, 20ft of coiled rope, a change of clothes, a two-foot long shovel, and a hardhat with a light.
Ons/Offs: Located right here

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Shadowfox

Name:  Kyra Onishino
Trainer Class: Battlegirl (MonoFighting type)
Orientation:  Bisexual (she is more concerned with combat and honor and hasn't given a lot of thought to sex)
Home Region:  Kanto
Pokemon Team:

• Riolu (Chikara):  Chikara was Kyra's first pokemon.  Her father, in one of his few wins at a informal tournament, won an egg.  He gave it to his daughter Kyra as a little girl.  When she hatched it a Riolu came out.  As it is not a native pokemon to Kanto, the little girl didn't know what it was at first, but she loved it anyway.  After that, the two were inseparable, constantly playing and training in the martial arts together.  Chikara is very stubborn and, like his trainer, often refuses to back down.  Even if he is facing a superior opponent he will refuse to retreat and actively fight to stay on the field.
  • Tyrogue (Kuren):  Kyra captured Kuren in one of her first major battles with Chikara as they encountered him while up in the mountains training with her grandfather when she was 12.  The Tyrogue nearly knocked out the young Riolu but she threw her only pokeball before it could.  Kuren greatly desires to be a Hitmonlee one day and so he refuses to use punching attacks and only likes to use his legs. He is much more offensive than defensive.
  • Meditite (Seishin):  Seishin was Kyra's final pokemon and her most recent acquisition. She received it from ironically a psychic trainer after he wiped the floor with her.  She has not been with Kyra long enough for Kyra to really figure out her personality and she never says a word.
Personality:  Kyra will not back down from a challenge no matter what the odds due to the oath she swore her dead father, but she is tough as nails and rather smart in battle too. She is not afraid to enter battle with her Pokemon if the situation calls for it and often does in the wild. She is highly skilled with her bokken and in various hand to hand styles.

Biography:  Kyra is from Saffron city.  Kyra is the granddaughter of Kiyo the original Saffron city dojo gym master who fought Red.  Her father swore to earn back the prestige for the dojo after the humiliation at the hands of the psychics.  He trained hard but did not have the talents of his father and after many humiliating defeats took his own life.  Kyra was told he died in battle valiantly fighting a dangerous assassin of Team Rockets.  Kyra however did inherit her grandfathers talents and has trained very hard from a young age in personal martial arts and fighting type Pokemon knowledge and moves.  She left home as a teenager determined to bring honor back to her families dojo.  After taking the earth and boulder badges she heard about the new region, while accidentally overhearing the conversation of an experienced Pokemon trainer in Lavender Town.  The trainer was talking to a girl and bragging about how he was going to go to Tokai and only someone with his skill could handle it.  Kyra decided what better way to challenge herself and bring honor to the gym than to take on some of the toughest conditions she could. So she set out on the journey to Tokai with Chikara and Kuren.  Along the way to a port city, while traveling through the mountains, she met a man who was floating cross legged above a small lake.  Seeing the man she challenged him to a battle thinking him a strong trainer.  She was right and he wiped the floor with her using his psychic Pokemon.  For Kyra it was a humiliating defeat to be beaten so badly by a psychic, but still she turned her anger inward and not outward at the stranger.  The man was impressed with her fortitude and determination and told her that the best way to beat a psychic trainer was to understand one.  He then left her with a pokeball and levitated away.  In the pokeball was a meditite. Kyra thought long and hard on the mans words and began training the meditite who she named Seishin.

Bag Contents:  10x pokeballs, 1x great ball, a compass, 20ft of rope, 4 potions, 1 revive, a change of clothes, travel rations with some pokechow, and her father's Bokken which she keeps strapped to her back.
Ons/Offs:https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=253395.0

http://pokecharms.com/trainer-card-maker/

King Serperior

Alright, Shadowfox, let's take a closer look at Kyra:

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 28, 2016, 01:09:39 AM
She looks pretty awesome!  However, do you happen to have a clearer image of her?  As in, do you have an image of her so we can see her face a little better?

Name: Kyra Onishino
Trainer Class:Fighting type trainer
Orientation:Bi (she is more concerned with combat and honor and hasn't given a lot of thought to sex)
Home Region:Kanto
It looks like you have some things bolded where they shouldn't be.  Would you mind editing that?  Also, perhaps a more suitable trainer class name could be 'Battle Girl?'  Perhaps with parentheses indicating that she is a mono-fighting trainer?

Pokemon Team:

• Chikara:This Rilolu was Kyra's first pokemon. Her father in one of his few wins at a informal tournament won an egg. He gave it to his daughter Kyra as a little girl. When she hatched it a Riolu came out. As it is not a native pokemon to Kanto the little girl didn't know what it was at first but she loved it anyway. After that the two were inseparable, constantly playing and training in the martial arts together.
  • Kuren:Kyra captured this Tyrogue in one of her first major battles with Chikara as they encountered him while up in the mountains training with her grandfather when she was 12. The Tyrogue nearly knocked out the young Riolu but she threw her only pokeball before it could.
  • Seishin:This meditite was Kyra's final pokemon and her most recent acquisition. She recieved it from ironically a psychic trainer after he wiped the floor with her.
As stated earlier, I really like the added touch of a trainer card!  Could you perhaps provide a link to the trainer card maker in case others want to create one for themselves?  No one has to, but it is a nice touch.

As for the Pokemon:  Could you please not list their nicknames first?  Instead, it would be preferred if you did something like this:  Riolu (Chikara):.  It makes it easier to remember what Pokemon is what.

Personality:  Kyra will not back down from a challenge no matter what the odds due to the oath she swore her dead father, but she is tough as nails and rather smart in battle too. She is not afraid to enter battle with her Pokemon if the situation calls for it and often does in the wild. She is highly skilled with her bokken and in various hth styles.
I am not sure what you mean by 'hth,' but I would be careful about her skills being too high.  This isn't an action game where everyone is an expert and, considering her age, I think she would be fairly skilled if she trained with her wooden sparing sword (I had to look up what a bokken was).  Remember, the game is going to focus on relatively new and novice trainers in a dangerous region.  They'll hone their skills and abilities in battle here.

Biography:
Okay, I have a couple of things I would like to point out here:
He trained hard but did not have the talents of his father and after many humiliating defeats took his own life. Kyra was told he died in battle valiantly fighting a dangerous assassin of Team Rockets.
I am not sure that Team Rocket would send a hit team to a run-down dojo, but if the situation called for it, I could see a more feasible lie being that her father died during a skirmish with Pokemon thieves.  Of course, there would be no way to know if it was actually Team Rocket who did that or just a thief.
After taking the earth and boulder badges she heard about the new region. Kyra decided what better way to challenge herself and bring honor to the gym than to take on some of the toughest conditions she could. So she set out on the journey to Tokai with Chikara and Kuren. Along the way while traveling through the mountains,
It should be noted that the only way to access the Tokai region is via boat or plane, so there would be no way to walk there.  Also, where or how did she learn of Tokai?  It's not extremely common knowledge like the other regions.
she met a man who was floating in cross legged above a small lake. Seeing the man she challenged him to a battle thinking him a strong trainer. She was right and he wiped the floor with her using his psychic Pokemon. For Kyra it was a humiliating defeat to be beaten so badly by a psychic, but still she turned her anger inward and not outward at the stranger. The man was impressed with her fortitude and determination and told her that the best way to beat a psychic trainer was to understand one. He then left her with a pokeball and levitated away. In the pokeball was a meditite. Kyra thought long and hard on the mans words and began training the meditite who she named Seishin.
This looks good, but I don't think that a human can simply float away on his own.  Sit cross-legged to meditate, thus levitating some, certainly, but not psychically float away.  That said, you might want to make some edits to make it where she met him on her travels, perhaps before learning of Tokai?  After all, it's a vast ocean between Kanto (the closest region) and Tokai, one that would require many days of journey over the water.

Bag Contents:10xpokeballs 1xgreat ball a compass, 50ft of rope, 4 potions, 1 revive,  a change of clothes, travel rations with some pokechow, her fathers Bokken which she keeps strapped to her back
Alright, this looks good to me.  It would be good to note that I consider Revives to be special, small crystals that have to be ground up into powder, mixed into water, and given to a weakened Pokemon to restore their energy.

Make the changes and let me know so I can go back over the character.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Shadowfox

Ok will make the changes soon. To address some things for you real quick first.

Hth is hand to hand an abbreviated blanket term for different styles of physical combat. Her skill as a trainer are still not that high and even a skilled martial artist is no match for most Pokemon. As for the dude floating away, in standard Pokemon cannon their are people with psychic powers of their own like Sabrina. Some of them pretty damn strong. Also the story of the team rocket thing. Two things one while the dojo may have lost a lot of prestige it is still the top fighting dojo in Saffron City (which is based off of Tokoyo irl)

Please understand I am not arguing. I will make every single change you request as the st. I was just bringing up some points. As for getting to Tokai. I was meaning her journey on foot was to a port town to catch the boat. Oh and the backstory on her father never stated he died at the dojo.

(Wow sorry about that post it was bad.)

King Serperior

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 28, 2016, 03:38:42 PM
Hth is hand to hand a abbreviated blanket term for different styles of physical combat. Her skill ads trainer is still not that high and even a skilled martial artist is I match for most Pokemon.
Ah, okay.  Hand-to-hand it is.  You might want to state it as that rather than 'hth' for convenience.  It's not uncommon for Fighting type trainers to spar with their Pokemon.
As for the dude floating away in standard Pokemon cannon their are people with psychic powers of their own like Sabrina. Some of them pretty damn strong.
True enough.  It could be feasible for someone like that to exist somewhere secluded, but the really powerful telekinetic skills are limited to Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, Champions, and a very select few powerful trainers.  Most Psychic trainers aren't nowhere near Sabrina's level of skill.
Also the story of the team rocket thing. Two things one while the dojo may have lost a lot of prestige it is still the top fighting dojo in Saffron City (which is based off of Tokoyo irl)
The Dojo in Saffron is certainly one of the top dojos out there, no argument there.
Please understand I am not arguing. I will make every single change you request as the st. I was just brining up some points. As for getting to Tokai I was meaning her on foot journey to a port town to catch the boat. Oh and the backstory on her father never stated he died at the dojo.
I understand.  I was just bringing some points up.  No worries about the foot journey to the port.  I just needed to have some clarification.

There is something else I want to point out:  I hate having to say this, but I'm going to need you to slow down and focus on your spelling and grammar here.  There have been a few places where I had difficulty making out what I was reading.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Shadowfox

Sorry about the spelling. I just woke up and typing from a damn smart phone. Usually on forum post I will go back after posting and proof read then do edits when I find them.

King Serperior

No worries.  It's understandable.  I generally try to avoid posting via phone to avoid autocorrect issues.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

Kiiiiiiing! I remember you posting this up...like, a long time ago. @-@

Can I reserve a spot to make a profile later? <3

King Serperior

Hey, Wolfy!

I can't technically reserve a spot, but there are still technically 5/5 spaces left open for characters until some have been completed and/or made.

Do you have a character concept in mind?  Do you have any questions about the character sheet or anything?  Also, I think I remember you showing interest all that time ago and I think the post length led to issues?  I'm still looking for the post length average to be between 3-5 paragraphs, depending on the situation at hand.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Shadowfox

I made the changes to her profile. Please let me know if I need to change the psychic or clarify an identity.

Latooni Subota

Name: Penelope "Penny" Weber
Trainer Class: PokeJournalist
Orientation: Bi-curious
Home Region: Kalos
Pokemon Team:

• Pokemon One: Whimsicott
"Whimsy" Whimsicott is a rather cuddly and meek pokemon at first glance, pretty much nothing but cute (Just how Penny likes her). It takes a bit of nudging to get Whimsicott to pose for the camera, though Penny is working at it with the cute little thing. What IS surprising is just how brave the pokemon is when battles happen. Whimsicott would throw herself in front of a fire pokemon to protect Penny, likely due to Penny raising her from an egg in the Kalos Trainer School.
  • Pokemon Two:
  • Pokemon Three:
Personality:  Penny is a confident, fun-loving, and a little bit naive young woman. She is a firm believer in thinking positively, even when things go bad, and that putting forth effort will pay dividends. Despite her bubbly and flighty attitude, she's actually fairly intelligent, having graduated top of her class from the Kalos Region Trainer School. She is a bit of an attention whore though, leading to her current choice in career. Her main goal is to make a name for herself and become famous as both a trainer and TV personality. When it comes to the negative aspects of her personality, the biggest ones are also some of her biggest assets: Confidence and tenacity. She simply doesn't know when to give up.

Biography: Penelope Weber is a recent graduate from the Kalos Region Trainer School, hailing from Lumiose City. She spent her school years lovingly caring for her Cottonee, hitting the books on poke-theory and survival tips, and making all manner of friends and connections. Some would say she has lead a charmed life, with a mother filming movies and a fairly well-off doctor (for people, not pokemon) for parents, making it easy for her to afford all the luxuries in life . . and those people would be absolutely right. She got into school with a handshake and a donation, made friends with movie premiere tickets, and generally had the best gear and clothes out of anyone in school. Really, it's just a shame that this meant early on she didn't have what someone would consider 'real' friends, just hangers on.

Thankfully, Penny had the affections of her Cottonee that never wanted for anything other than attention and basic care. The stark difference, even considering one was a pokemon and the rest were humans, let her take a step back and adjust her life. While her inner attention-whore wouldn't reject her hangers-on, she was far more careful with real friendships, slowly forming true bonds with people that didn't just want to use her. She hit the books with a vengeance, learning battle theory, breeding tips, and general academics to prove she deserved her place in school. Through sheer determination (and a bit of social savvy) she rocketed through the rankings to stand at the top of her graduating class. Being the number one trainer from the Kalos Pokemon School meant that, along with her parents influence, countless doors were opened to the young woman . . much to her dismay.

The world of adults was infinitely more complicated than a closed world like school was, and political pressure from friends and enemies of her family combined with too much choice brought her to a screeching halt. While she had her newly-evolved Whimsicott to comfort her and be a constant friend, she really didn't know exactly what to do with her life. The only thing she knew for sure was that she wanted to do something involving Pokemon, so as to not waste her education. Taking the League Challenge didn't interest her at all . . until she heard about the Tokai region's League being ready to be challenged. That was what gave her the idea! What if she was one of the first to take on the league, and she documented her challenge every step of the way? No big name stations seemed interested in finding out what was going on there beyond simple gossip, so she had no real competition. Not only that, it would prove she could do something without her parents influence! It didn't take long to cut a deal with a tv studio in Kalos and hop on a boat to the Tokai region, ready to film the first episode of the future hit series: "Tokai: A Trainer's Journey!" Who knows? Maybe one they they'll make a movie about her!

Bag Contents:  The bag itself (A waterproofed backpack, top o' the line!), 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, PokeFood, a Filter Water Bottle with replacement filter, some good ol' human food, a small cookery set, a heating element with a little solar panel, colder weather clothes and some spares, 20ft of nylon rope, a small lantern (also with a solar powered battery), and enough make-up and grooming tools to keep her and Whimsicott looking good for the camera. Using her money to her advantage, she bought re-usable supplies and things that could be miniaturized, but the backpack is still a bit bulky.
Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

Latooni Subota

Version 1 complete! I admit I went with Whimsicott as my only pokemon entirely for cuteness' sake.

King Serperior

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 28, 2016, 07:51:01 PM
I made the changes to her profile. Please let me know if I need to change the psychic or clarify an identity.
Alright, the character sheet looks a lot better.  Just a few final notes:
- Do you think you can add a little personality to her Pokemon?  Such a quirks or whatnot?  For example, the Noibat my character has is jittery and nervous most of the time and attacks when frightened.
- 50ft of rope sounds like quite a lot for a trainer who's focus is more about training than climbing high places or going into caves.  Of course, that much rope is a lot even for a trainer that does climb and cave dive.

Quote from: Latooni Subota on July 28, 2016, 07:55:19 PM
Version 1 complete! I admit I went with Whimsicott as my only pokemon entirely for cuteness' sake.
I'll take a closer look at Penelope soon, but I wanted to make sure my first glance at her is accurate:

She's a spoiled, rich city girl from Kalos who aspires to be one of the first trainers to enter the Tokai League.  Her past experiences where her money made things easier for her and her comparatively sheltered life means that she will be way in over her head when she goes to the new region.  Playing the rich girl is fine, but I want to say that you shouldn't go overboard with it.  In Tokai, it is unlikely that her money will make things much easier as she'll only have what she brought with her from home.  Tokai isn't connected to the other regions, so money transfers are basically nonexistent due to the vast distances.

That said, I'll give a more through analysis of her later as it is fairly late on my end and I have had a long, busy day.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Latooni Subota

Not quite. She WAS a spoiled rich girl, but (mostly) got better. She won't really be utilizing money as a viable option in order to keep things 'fair' in her mind, and limited herself to her gear and what she can earn battling/doing odd-jobs. She WILL probably be a bit in over her head though. I don't think anyone is really prepared for the Tokai region :3

Shadowfox

I will work on adding some quirks. As for the 50ft of rope can you tell I played to much D&D over the years :P. so yea 20ft is fine.

Mr L

Hey KS, I was hoping there's still a spot in this game for a psychic treasure hunter?
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

King Serperior

Quote from: Latooni Subota on July 28, 2016, 09:26:26 PM
Not quite. She WAS a spoiled rich girl, but (mostly) got better. She won't really be utilizing money as a viable option in order to keep things 'fair' in her mind, and limited herself to her gear and what she can earn battling/doing odd-jobs. She WILL probably be a bit in over her head though. I don't think anyone is really prepared for the Tokai region :3
Alright, that makes more sense.  I'll take a look over her, perhaps tomorrow as it is late on my end.  That said, you would be right in saying that no trainer coming in will really be prepared!

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 28, 2016, 09:30:35 PM
I will work on adding some quirks. As for the 50ft of rope can you tell I played to much D&D over the years :P. so yea 20ft is fine.
Okay then, I can't wait to see what you come up with.  Take a look at my character's Pokemon for an example.  And, thanks for understanding about the rope!

Quote from: Mr L on July 28, 2016, 10:49:21 PM
Hey KS, I was hoping there's still a spot in this game for a psychic treasure hunter?
Hey, Mr L!  A psychic treasure hunter would be quite an interesting addition.  Tokai is large enough that much of the region is unexplored, so there is bound to be something interesting!  I do wonder what you mean by 'psychic' though?  Do you mean he/she specializes in Psychic type Pokemon?  Or do you mean being actually psychic?  As stated above, the trainers we will play are novice, so I highly doubt any psychic powers he has will come close to such elite trainers like Sabrina or Lucian, a Gym Leader and Elite Four member respectively.

Do you have any questions regarding the character sheet or the region itself?  Remember, the goal is to make the character you want to play and use the Pokemon you want to use, so don't think you have to choose the 'best of the best' in order to make it in this game.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Mr L

Was meaning both actually. A non-binary human psychic with budding powers, like enough Telekinetic prowess to lift pokeballs like the NPC trainers in the game, but maybe getting stronger as the game progresses and their team gets better? Then their team would be consisting of a Staryu, Natu, and Litwick. Staryu for underwater bounty, Natu for aerial scouting, and Litwick for...well, light!

So my two questions for now would be: would having a psychic link to the pokemon be out of the question for a them? And what mechanics are in place in terms of what a pokemon can know? TMs/HMs, tutors allowed, and how many moves each?

King Serperior

Quote from: Mr L on July 28, 2016, 11:10:11 PM
Was meaning both actually. A non-binary human psychic with budding powers, like enough Telekinetic prowess to lift pokeballs like the NPC trainers in the game, but maybe getting stronger as the game progresses and their team gets better? Then their team would be consisting of a Staryu, Natu, and Litwick. Staryu for underwater bounty, Natu for aerial scouting, and Litwick for...well, light!
That sounds doable.  I would imagine having the sort of control to lift Pokeballs would take someone born with the latent ability ~7 years to get that far, assuming that most NPC trainers you see in the game are about the age of 18-19.  Range would be limited to fairly close as I would imagine it mentally strains the trainer the further the distance is.  So, more experience in the world and more challenges would be needed to become stronger......that or many, many, many years of meditation.

As for the team, it sounds good to me!  However, it should be noted that Natu's wings aren't very developed, so 'flight' would be more like gliding while flapping furiously.
So my two questions for now would be: would having a psychic link to the pokemon be out of the question for a them?
Psychic links are generally reserved for Dark, Psychic, and Ghost types with a very select few other Pokemon, such as Lucario, included.  So, I would say a limited psychic link between your character and Natu and possibly Litwick is possible.  Staryu, however, isn't a Psychic type yet, so there would be no grounds to forge such a link.  As for what I mean by a limited link, no trainer will ever be able to control their Pokemon mentally, but could see through their eyes or hear what they hear is possible.  We can discuss links as the trainer gets stronger.
And what mechanics are in place in terms of what a pokemon can know? TMs/HMs, tutors allowed, and how many moves each?
For the most part, I treat it like the anime in the sense that Pokemon will NOT know every move off the bat.  Stronger moves require stronger Pokemon.  For example, I plan for my character's Noibat to know Draco Meteor.  However, because Noibat is scared of most things AND it doesn't have a very strong bond with its trainer yet, the move almost always fails before it begins.  It won't likely master that move until it evolves.  In the case of Golett, it knows Fire Punch, a move normally a tutor move.  It is feasible that it could learn it naturally or through practice.  Meanwhile, Amaura doesn't know Ice Beam because it isn't strong enough to focus pure, cold energy into a beam.

So, my policy on moves a Pokemon will know is this philosophy:  Be reasonable and don't go overboard!  If you aren't sure, ask.  Some moves are natural for a Pokemon to know.  Others require lots of focus, lots of power, some outside help, strong bonds, or overcoming fear.

So, TMs/HMs DO NOT exist.   If a Pokemon is large enough to fly and carry a trainer on its back (Scyther, Heracross, Pidgeot), then it can.  However, a Pokemon like Spearow or Pidgey or Doduo cannot carry a trainer on their back or cannot fly period (Doduo).  The same can be said of Pokemon that can swim and are strong enough to let a trainer ride on them or allow a trainer to cling to them.  That means that a Pokemon like Aggron, while it can learn Surf in the games, is not a Pokemon that would go swimming, so no Aggrons in the water!

Some moves require tutors.  This means there is a trainer and a Pokemon that can, for money and time (or just the goodness of their hearts), can help teach another Pokemon a move.  For example, a trainer and a Hitmonchan that knows Ice Punch could help another trainer's Snorlax learn that move.  If you are unsure, please ask and I'll let you know if it is possible for a Pokemon to learn the move.

Finally, I want creativity!  Just writing that a Pokemon used some move is boring!  For example, let's say that a Nidoking used Sludge Bomb on a Pokemon and covered it with sludge!  It could then use Ice Beam to freeze that Sludge solid and make things more difficult!  Use the terrain to your advantage!  Use moves outside of battle to make things easier!  For example:  Let's say that the group comes across a deep gorge and no one has a Flying type capable of carrying people over.  One trainer loves Bug Pokemon a lot.  So, a plan is formed for the Bug Trainer to send out his Spinarak, Weedle, and Sewadde to begin spinning threads.  My character has a Noibat and would take the thickly coiled strand of web and fly it to the other side and stick it somewhere.  From there, the three bug types can spin up a makeshift rope bridge in a matter of hours, saving the group from a dangerous climb down and then back up the other side OR the multi-day journey around the gorge!

So, does that answer your questions?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

BAMF

I know I've been chatting with you via PM about this, but I thought I'd drop my interest in here formally. Thinking pop-star turned adventurer looking to escape the public eye & prove to herself she's more than a pretty face. Have no clue what kind of pokemon she'll have yet though.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

King Serperior

Quote from: BAMF on July 29, 2016, 12:21:41 AM
I know I've been chatting with you via PM about this, but I thought I'd drop my interest in here formally. Thinking pop-star turned adventurer looking to escape the public eye & prove to herself she's more than a pretty face. Have no clue what kind of pokemon she'll have yet though.
Hey, BAMF!  Glad you dropped in!

As discussed, I love that character idea.  As for Pokemon, there's a number of things you can do:  You can have her have Pokemon that focus on singing, dancing, or sound (Ex. Altaria, Ludicolo, and Exploud respectively), you could go for 'cute' Pokemon that a Pop Star might have, she could have Electric type Pokemon since they are all about energy, she could have Pokemon that are contrary to what one would think a pop star would have (Ex. Skuntank), or you can always go with the tried and true method of choosing Pokemon that you, as a player, really like!

As always, if you have questions, feel free to ask and I'll try and help however I can.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

BAMF

L & I were just talking about what kinds of pokemon she'd have. I'm thinking a Jigglypuff (when it's on stage with her, it's auto-tuned) and a Houndour which was being trained to be part of her security detail. Unsure if that's going to be the end result yet, but it's my working idea right now. I really like the idea of the Exploud or Loudred though, I'll have to think on that.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Mr L

Quote from: King Serperior on July 28, 2016, 11:37:57 PM
That sounds doable.  I would imagine having the sort of control to lift Pokeballs would take someone born with the latent ability ~7 years to get that far, assuming that most NPC trainers you see in the game are about the age of 18-19.  Range would be limited to fairly close as I would imagine it mentally strains the trainer the further the distance is.  So, more experience in the world and more challenges would be needed to become stronger......that or many, many, many years of meditation.

As for the team, it sounds good to me!  However, it should be noted that Natu's wings aren't very developed, so 'flight' would be more like gliding while flapping furiously.Psychic links are generally reserved for Dark, Psychic, and Ghost types with a very select few other Pokemon, such as Lucario, included.  So, I would say a limited psychic link between your character and Natu and possibly Litwick is possible.  Staryu, however, isn't a Psychic type yet, so there would be no grounds to forge such a link.  As for what I mean by a limited link, no trainer will ever be able to control their Pokemon mentally, but could see through their eyes or hear what they hear is possible.  We can discuss links as the trainer gets stronger.For the most part, I treat it like the anime in the sense that Pokemon will NOT know every move off the bat.  Stronger moves require stronger Pokemon.  For example, I plan for my character's Noibat to know Draco Meteor.  However, because Noibat is scared of most things AND it doesn't have a very strong bond with its trainer yet, the move almost always fails before it begins.  It won't likely master that move until it evolves.  In the case of Golett, it knows Fire Punch, a move normally a tutor move.  It is feasible that it could learn it naturally or through practice.  Meanwhile, Amaura doesn't know Ice Beam because it isn't strong enough to focus pure, cold energy into a beam.

So, my policy on moves a Pokemon will know is this philosophy:  Be reasonable and don't go overboard!  If you aren't sure, ask.  Some moves are natural for a Pokemon to know.  Others require lots of focus, lots of power, some outside help, strong bonds, or overcoming fear.

So, TMs/HMs DO NOT exist.   If a Pokemon is large enough to fly and carry a trainer on its back (Scyther, Heracross, Pidgeot), then it can.  However, a Pokemon like Spearow or Pidgey or Doduo cannot carry a trainer on their back or cannot fly period (Doduo).  The same can be said of Pokemon that can swim and are strong enough to let a trainer ride on them or allow a trainer to cling to them.  That means that a Pokemon like Aggron, while it can learn Surf in the games, is not a Pokemon that would go swimming, so no Aggrons in the water!

Some moves require tutors.  This means there is a trainer and a Pokemon that can, for money and time (or just the goodness of their hearts), can help teach another Pokemon a move.  For example, a trainer and a Hitmonchan that knows Ice Punch could help another trainer's Snorlax learn that move.  If you are unsure, please ask and I'll let you know if it is possible for a Pokemon to learn the move.

Finally, I want creativity!  Just writing that a Pokemon used some move is boring!  For example, let's say that a Nidoking used Sludge Bomb on a Pokemon and covered it with sludge!  It could then use Ice Beam to freeze that Sludge solid and make things more difficult!  Use the terrain to your advantage!  Use moves outside of battle to make things easier!  For example:  Let's say that the group comes across a deep gorge and no one has a Flying type capable of carrying people over.  One trainer loves Bug Pokemon a lot.  So, a plan is formed for the Bug Trainer to send out his Spinarak, Weedle, and Sewadde to begin spinning threads.  My character has a Noibat and would take the thickly coiled strand of web and fly it to the other side and stick it somewhere.  From there, the three bug types can spin up a makeshift rope bridge in a matter of hours, saving the group from a dangerous climb down and then back up the other side OR the multi-day journey around the gorge!

*recovers from the wall o' text dropped on him* well thought out! Damn! :P I know all of what you have here is for balance purposes, but I'm liking it already! I have a dream team list of moves for the three to eventually know, but will look at it again for the sake of something more balanced. So are you okay with big powerful attacks that need some kind of trigger to achieve, or as an unlock type of thing? Natu gets squat for psychic type attacks until the namesake move, so I was wondering if it could have it, but needs the right condition to use it?

Then in the case of Staryu's evolution, is Starmie still capable of learning moves as it gets stronger, or is it locked with what it got as a Staryu? I would hope the former, as limiting it in the games makes sense but it still annoying.

Black Howling

Wow, when BAMF said you were running a pokemon game I had to come look at it. VERY interested, but not sure I can compete with so many others to get a sheet in. I'll try though, cause this looks good.

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Shadowfox

There are a couple of different Pokemon threads in the works although none have yet actually started.

azzmeister89

Name: Nathaniel (Nathan, Nate) Reed
Trainer Class:  Rookie trainer
Orientation: Hetrosexual
Home Region: Johto
Pokemon Team:

• Pokemon One:
Cyndaquil
  • Pokemon Two:
  • Pokemon Three:
Personality:  calm and relaxed, Nathan likes to think before he acts and claims to be a pacifist. He is feircly loyal to those he cares about and finds it easy to get along with most people.
Biography:  Born and raised in Goldenrod city in the Jhoto region, Nathan grew up in a family of high expectations. Both his older brother and older sister have become huge successes in the world of pokemon, Alex as a gym leader in a newly discovered region and Samantha as a championship battled in the pokemon league.

Nathan never wanted to be put into competition with his siblings however his parents who have always claimed that he was their favourite have plans for him to surpass both his brother and sister. When his first pokemon, Cyndaquil, was sent to him with a few other provisions, Nathan's parents stuck him on a plane to start his adventure.
Bag Contents: Sleeping bag, 5 pack of match boxes, poke food, change of cloths, 5 potions, 5 pokeballs, 1 greatball, some human food.
Ons/Offs: (Link to player's Ons/Offs thread;  (image and on and offs list pending)

King Serperior

Quote from: BAMF on July 29, 2016, 12:37:03 AM
L & I were just talking about what kinds of pokemon she'd have. I'm thinking a Jigglypuff (when it's on stage with her, it's auto-tuned) and a Houndour which was being trained to be part of her security detail. Unsure if that's going to be the end result yet, but it's my working idea right now. I really like the idea of the Exploud or Loudred though, I'll have to think on that.
A Jigglypuff (Igglybuff if you want her to have three Pokemon) and a Houndour could certainly work.  The Exploud line could be useful as well.  Other suggestions that a Pop Star would have could be (keeping to the cute song, dance, and sound themes):

Pop Star Pokemon Suggestions

Cute and Dancing:  Cleffa / Clefairy / Clefable
Cute and Singing:  Igglybuff / Jigglypuff / Wigglytuff
Cute and Dancing:  Oddish / Gloom / Bellossom (Vileplume seems less likely a choice)
Cute and Dancing:  Poliwag / Poliwhirl / Politoed (Poliwrath seems less likely a choice)
Cute:  Togepi / Togetic / Togekiss
Cute:  Hoppip / Skiploom / Jumpluff
Cute:  Sunkern / Sunflora
Dancing:  Lotad / Lombre / Ludicolo
Dancing:  Ralts / Kirlia / Gardevoir (Gallade seems less likely a choice)
Sound:  Whismur / Loudred / Exploud
Cute:  Skitty / Delcatty
Cute and Dancing:  Plusle
Cute and Dancing:  Minun
Cute and Dancing:  Volbeat
Cute and Dancing:  Illumise
Dancing:  Budew / Roselia / Roserade
Dancing:  Spinda
Cute and Singing:  Swablu / Altaria
Cute:  Feebas / Milotic
Cute:  Castform
Cute and Sound:  Chingling / Chimecho
Sound:  Kricketot / Kricketune
Cute and Dancing:  Buneary / Lopunny
Sound and Singing:  Chatot
Cute and Dancing:  Petilil / Lilligant
Cute:  Minccino / Cinccino
Cute:  Deerling / Sawsbuck
Cute:  Emolga
Cute:  Flabébé / Floette / Florges
Cute:  Spritzee / Aromatisse
Cute:  Eevee / Sylveon
Cute:  Dedenne

In the end, the choice is yours to make, but those are some suggestions I have.   :-)

Quote from: Mr L on July 29, 2016, 12:45:11 AM
*recovers from the wall o' text dropped on him* well thought out! Damn! :P I know all of what you have here is for balance purposes, but I'm liking it already!
*Laughs*  Sorry about that wall!  I got a little overexcited there!  I am glad you like what you see thusfar!

I have a dream team list of moves for the three to eventually know, but will look at it again for the sake of something more balanced. So are you okay with big powerful attacks that need some kind of trigger to achieve, or as an unlock type of thing? Natu gets squat for psychic type attacks until the namesake move, so I was wondering if it could have it, but needs the right condition to use it?
Not technically a trigger to achieve a move.  It's more of the circumstances call for it.  In Natu's case, Natu is typically a small, young bird, so it could be said that it's Psychic powers aren't very developed yet.  The case could very well be that it may not know such moves until soon before it evolves.  That doesn't prevent it from a link between it and its trainer though.  Another option is that it knows Psychic, but like its trainer, it is still learning how to use its power.  Like my character's Noibat knowing the very high power Draco Meteor, the move could fail or give underwhelming results more often than it working.

Then in the case of Staryu's evolution, is Starmie still capable of learning moves as it gets stronger, or is it locked with what it got as a Staryu? I would hope the former, as limiting it in the games makes sense but it still annoying.
The way I see it, Pokemon that evolve through Evolutionary Stones often find it harder to learn new moves, but doesn't prevent it from doing so.  That is the sacrifice of becoming vastly more powerful overall.  So, Starmie could still learn moves that Staryu could learn, but the process takes longer.  Exceptions to this rule include Eevee's evolutions since they still learn new moves as they level up in the game.

Quote from: Black Howling on July 29, 2016, 12:48:14 AM
Wow, when BAMF said you were running a pokemon game I had to come look at it. VERY interested, but not sure I can compete with so many others to get a sheet in. I'll try though, cause this looks good.
Howling!  I'm surprised, but very pleased, to see you here!  If you're interested, come up with a concept and create a character!  I know I am only taking five trainers with me, but if you have a good character idea, you are almost guaranteed to be approved.  So, don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any.  I'd love to have you in the game.   ;D

Quote from: BAMF on July 29, 2016, 12:50:55 AM
I didn't do it!  O:)
*Eyes BAMF suspiciously*

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 29, 2016, 12:55:00 AM
There are a couple of different Pokemon threads in the works although none have yet actually started.
This is very much true.  If a character happens to not be accepted in the end, there do seem to be a number of very different Pokemon games going on.

Hello, azzmeister89!  Glad to see that you are showing some interest in this.  Once you have a completed character sheet and have filled it out more than what you have, I'll take a look at it.

@ Latooni Subota & Shadowfox:  I'll get to looking over your characters and give my thoughts soon.  This was quite the explosion of interest over here!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 28, 2016, 01:09:39 AM
Name:Kyra Onishino
Trainer Class: Battle Trainer (mono fighting type trainer)
Orientation: BI (she is more concerned with combat and honor and hasn't given a lot of thought to sex)
Home Region: Kanto
Pokemon Team:

• Riolu:Chikara was Kyra's first pokemon. Her father in one of his few wins at a informal tournament won an egg. He gave it to his daughter Kyra as a little girl. When she hatched it a Riolu came out. As it is not a native pokemon to Kanto the little girl didn't know what it was at first but she loved it anyway. After that the two were inseparable, constantly playing and training in the martial arts together. Chikara is very stubborn and like his trainer often refuses to back down. Even if he is facing a superior opponent he will refuse to retreat and actively fight to stay on the field.
  • Tyrogue:Kyra captured Kuren in one of her first major battles with Chikara as they encountered him while up in the mountains training with her grandfather when she was 12. The Tyrogue nearly knocked out the young Riolu but she threw her only pokeball before it could.Kuren greatly desires to be a Hitmonlee one day and so he refuses to use punching attacks and only likes to use his legs. He is much more offensive than defensive.
  • Meditite:Seishin was Kyra's final pokemon and her most recent acquisition. She received it from ironically a psychic trainer after he wiped the floor with her.She has not been with Kyra long enough for Kyra to really figure out her personality and she never says a word.
Personality:  Kyra will not back down from a challenge no matter what the odds due to the oath she swore her dead father, but she is tough as nails and rather smart in battle too. She is not afraid to enter battle with her Pokemon if the situation calls for it and often does in the wild. She is highly skilled with her bokken and in various hand to hand styles.
Biography:Kyra is from Saffron city.  Kyra is the granddaughter of Kiyo the original Saffron city dojo gym master who fought Red. Her father swore to earn back the prestige for the dojo after the humiliation at the hands of the psychics. He trained hard but did not have the talents of his father and after many humiliating defeats took his own life. Kyra was told he died in battle valiantly fighting a dangerous assassin of Team Rockets. Kyra however did inherit her grandfathers talents and has trained very hard from a young age in personal martial arts and fighting type Pokemon knowledge and moves. She left home as a teenager determined to bring honor back to her families dojo. After taking the earth and boulder badges she heard about the new region, while accidentally overhearing the conversation of an experienced Pokemon trainer in Lavender Town. The trainer was talking to a girl and bragging about how he was going to go to Tokai and only someone with his skill could handle it. Kyra decided what better way to challenge herself and bring honor to the gym than to take on some of the toughest conditions she could. So she set out on the journey to Tokai with Chikara and Kuren. Along the way to a port city, while traveling through the mountains, she met a man who was floating cross legged above a small lake. Seeing the man she challenged him to a battle thinking him a strong trainer. She was right and he wiped the floor with her using his psychic Pokemon. For Kyra it was a humiliating defeat to be beaten so badly by a psychic, but still she turned her anger inward and not outward at the stranger. The man was impressed with her fortitude and determination and told her that the best way to beat a psychic trainer was to understand one. He then left her with a pokeball and levitated away. In the pokeball was a meditite. Kyra thought long and hard on the mans words and began training the meditite who she named Seishin.
Bag Contents:10xpokeballs 1xgreat ball a compass, 20ft of rope, 4 potions, 1 revive,  a change of clothes, travel rations with some pokechow, her fathers Bokken which she keeps strapped to her back

http://pokecharms.com/trainer-card-maker/

Okay, there's still a little cleaning up for the character sheet remaining, but I can help with that a little later.  Other than some tidying, she's accepted.

+1 Psychic-type disliking, Fighting-type loving trainer!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Shadowfox

Ok sounds good just let me know what you need cleared up whenever

King Serperior

Okay, just a few things of note:

Quote from: Latooni Subota on July 28, 2016, 07:54:11 PM
Pokemon Team:

• Pokemon One: Whimsicott
"Whimsy" Whimsicott is a rather cuddly and meek pokemon at first glance, pretty much nothing but cute (Just how Penny likes her). It takes a bit of nudging to get Whimsicott to pose for the camera, though Penny is working at it with the cute little thing. What IS surprising is just how brave the pokemon is when battles happen. Whimsicott would throw herself in front of a fire pokemon to protect Penny, likely due to Penny raising her from an egg in the Kalos Trainer School.
  • Pokemon Two:
  • Pokemon Three:
As she only has one Pokemon, you don't nee the 'Pokemon two or three' in there.  Also, you can remove the 'Pokemon one' so it's just her Whimsicott.
Bag Contents:  The bag itself (A waterproofed backpack, top o' the line!), 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, PokeFood, a Filter Water Bottle with replacement filter, some good ol' human food, a small cookery set, a heating element with a little solar panel, colder weather clothes and some spares, 20ft of nylon rope, a small lantern (also with a solar powered battery), and enough make-up and grooming tools to keep her and Whimsicott looking good for the camera. Using her money to her advantage, she bought re-usable supplies and things that could be miniaturized, but the backpack is still a bit bulky.
We've already spoken of the money aspect, so as long as we're on the same page of money not being able to solve all her problems, that is good.  However, that is a large amount of supplies.  Such a backpack would be rather bulky and heavy, perhaps even a hindrance.  It seems like she brought everything but the kitchen sink!  It's almost like she has never actually gone camping or left a the city she was born and raised in and is just packing everything she can with no idea what a camper actually needs.  You might want to cut back on a lot of that unless you want her to deal with having to lug around a big, heavy bag everywhere.  However, unless that was your goal for her to learn the hard way about taking only what you need, I would suggest cutting that back some.  Otherwise, it could work.

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 29, 2016, 01:38:19 AM
Ok sounds good just let me know what you need cleared up whenever
I'll get some things made neat and PM the results your way to make sure I didn't accidentally cut something.  However, it's extremely late, so it won't be tonight.  >.<

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Shadowfox

Ok I will look forward to your pm tomorrow then after I wake up. I am at work right now and I am in the est time zone it's just I am a sleep tech so I go to bed at 9am.

BAMF

That list is super helpful, KS. <3 I was thinking a stage pokemon + a more "utility" pokemon cuz she's not completely stupid. If you're gonna be a pokemon trainer, you can't rely on cuteness alone! I'm slowly working on her sheet though.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Black Howling

QuoteHowling!  I'm surprised, but very pleased, to see you here!  If you're interested, come up with a concept and create a character!  I know I am only taking five trainers with me, but if you have a good character idea, you are almost guaranteed to be approved.  So, don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any.  I'd love to have you in the game.   ;D

KS, if it'd been anyone else running it, I probably wouldn't have checked in. That being said, in effort for full disclosure, I'm extremely old school on pokemon. As in, if it's past GBA, I haven't played it. Will that be a problem if I do the research needed?

Assuming it's not, I plan to play to that idea some. I'm thinking someone from the Kanto Region, likely a fresh faced (Relatively) trainer who got beat bad on his first gym battle, and got REALLY discouraged. As in, almost hung it up type. He trained with his pokemon (Only one then, I might have it in the story he caught another or something on the way) when he heard about the new region and fledgling league. Reinvigorated, and thinking he might have it takes now, he wanders there to test his mettle.

I figure he's has some confidence issues inside, but tries hard to play this off. Tries to be cool, probably succeeds, but inside his first real gym battle still has him shaken and he wants to get over that. I'm still piecing the concept together, but let me know what you think and if it's even workable in the game or if my dated experience is an issue.

King Serperior

Quote from: BAMF on July 29, 2016, 01:54:18 AM
That list is super helpful, KS. <3 I was thinking a stage pokemon + a more "utility" pokemon cuz she's not completely stupid. If you're gonna be a pokemon trainer, you can't rely on cuteness alone! I'm slowly working on her sheet though.
I'm glad it helped!  Of course, even a 'stage Pokemon' could have it's uses, even if it weren't very well trained for battles.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Quote from: Black Howling on July 29, 2016, 02:04:13 AM
KS, if it'd been anyone else running it, I probably wouldn't have checked in. That being said, in effort for full disclosure, I'm extremely old school on pokemon. As in, if it's past GBA, I haven't played it. Will that be a problem if I do the research needed?

Assuming it's not, I plan to play to that idea some. I'm thinking someone from the Kanto Region, likely a fresh faced (Relatively) trainer who got beat bad on his first gym battle, and got REALLY discouraged. As in, almost hung it up type. He trained with his pokemon (Only one then, I might have it in the story he caught another or something on the way) when he heard about the new region and fledgling league. Reinvigorated, and thinking he might have it takes now, he wanders there to test his mettle.

I figure he's has some confidence issues inside, but tries hard to play this off. Tries to be cool, probably succeeds, but inside his first real gym battle still has him shaken and he wants to get over that. I'm still piecing the concept together, but let me know what you think and if it's even workable in the game or if my dated experience is an issue.
Hmm, that shouldn't be too big a problem.  If you need help learning other Pokemon species, you can always try Bulbapedia.  Since this trainer seems to be fairly new, you could have it so he is somewhat sheltered, so his own personal knowledge of Pokemon is limited.  Who knows, he could find his calling being less of a trainer and more of a researcher as knowledge is power.  There's lots of paths you can go when it comes to a highly discouraged trainer trying to find his way in a new region.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Shadowfox

There is a reason all of my trainer concepts recently have been from Kanto. I am relying on bulb as well. Last Pokemon game I played before GO was the original RED.

Black Howling

Quote from: King Serperior on July 29, 2016, 02:17:00 AM

Hmm, that shouldn't be too big a problem.  If you need help learning other Pokemon species, you can always try Bulbapedia.  Since this trainer seems to be fairly new, you could have it so he is somewhat sheltered, so his own personal knowledge of Pokemon is limited.  Who knows, he could find his calling being less of a trainer and more of a researcher as knowledge is power.  There's lots of paths you can go when it comes to a highly discouraged trainer trying to find his way in a new region.

Actually everything you just said was kinda what I had in mind. It's less a journey to win at the league (Which is what he keeps telling himself) and more one to find himself, ya know? And yeah, I had it planned for him to be sheltered so that my limited knowledge (I played all the GBA, but have only beaten up to gold) would make sense. Hence the concept that's not at all my norm.

Since you seem okay with me using bulbapedia, I'll work out a sheet. Should have it to you by tomorrow, all things willing.

Mr L

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 29, 2016, 02:19:33 AM
There is a reason all of my trainer concepts recently have been from Kanto. I am relying on bulb as well. Last Pokemon game I played before GO was the original RED.

Hey, if nothing else, KS and I have been described as walking PokeDexes, so we can help too ;D I'd ask KS first though, since I wouldn't have thought of the list of STAGE WORTHY POKEMON <.<;

Shadowfox

Good to know thank you. I have recently joined several pokemon threads after having my interest revived thanks to GO so I am hoping to learn more soon, although none of the Elliquiy ones have started up yet. I did start one darker thread recently on pokecharms about a team rocket run tournament that is a trap. It is still in the early stages though with the trainers arriving. I got a co-gm who knows the moves but I probably should have checked his age at 14 before I tagged an 18+ dark thread. So with the younger players I have I told them I would reserve the really dark scenes for the adult players in private post. For the younger just a brief description of what happens.

BAMF

At least 90% of my knowledge of Pokemon comes from Mr L. Or Bulbapedia. But mostly, Mr L's my first resource. Best husbandork ever. ;P
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Black Howling

KS is a pokemon master... hence why I wanted to join up when he ran it. >_>

Mr L

Okay, so since Natu (in the games) doesn't actually learn ANY Psychic type attack until AFTER it evolves, I can completely work with the idea of poor psychic abilities itself, but would that have any influence on say Ominous Wind?

Also as a guideline, is there some kind of level cap to work with to help figure out moves or general power?

EDIT: Then two things, BAMF gave me a good idea that my character can only bond with one pokemon, since it was their first, but is trying with the other, which makes me think that it would be Natu who would have difficulty bonding. So Litwick will have the bond, making it their first poke. So this leads to a question. Even though Litwick doesn't exist in RBY-DPP, would it be reasonable to think that later generation pokemon have moved into places that make sense, like Litwick moving into the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town?

King Serperior

Quote from: Black Howling on July 29, 2016, 02:45:34 AM
Actually everything you just said was kinda what I had in mind. It's less a journey to win at the league (Which is what he keeps telling himself) and more one to find himself, ya know? And yeah, I had it planned for him to be sheltered so that my limited knowledge (I played all the GBA, but have only beaten up to gold) would make sense. Hence the concept that's not at all my norm.

Since you seem okay with me using bulbapedia, I'll work out a sheet. Should have it to you by tomorrow, all things willing.
Alright, that sounds like a plan!  Do you think that your character will continue to focus on becoming a better battler as he faces his demons?  Or do you imagine him discovering himself and finding other areas of the Pokemon world that don't involve such?  I.E.  Being a Pokemon researcher, becoming a Pokemon Breeder, doing contests in the hopes of making it big, and many other things like that!

Quote from: Mr L on July 29, 2016, 02:46:12 AM
Hey, if nothing else, KS and I have been described as walking PokeDexes, so we can help too ;D I'd ask KS first though, since I wouldn't have thought of the list of STAGE WORTHY POKEMON <.<;
Well, I actually have been called a Walking Pokedex before.....and still do by friends and family.  >.>

Quote from: BAMF on July 29, 2016, 02:58:50 AM
At least 90% of my knowledge of Pokemon comes from Mr L. Or Bulbapedia. But mostly, Mr L's my first resource. Best husbandork ever. ;P
Don't feel too bad.  Most of my knowledge comes from years of studying Pokemon with some supplements from Bulbapedia when there is a part I am blanking at.

Quote from: Black Howling on July 29, 2016, 02:59:15 AM
KS is a pokemon master... hence why I wanted to join up when he ran it. >_>
:-[  Now I am quite flattered.

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 29, 2016, 02:52:14 AM
Good to know thank you. I have recently joined several pokemon threads after having my interest revived thanks to GO so I am hoping to learn more soon, although none of the Elliquiy ones have started up yet. I did start one darker thread recently on pokecharms about a team rocket run tournament that is a trap. It is still in the early stages though with the trainers arriving. I got a co-gm who knows the moves but I probably should have checked his age at 14 before I tagged an 18+ dark thread. So with the younger players I have I told them I would reserve the really dark scenes for the adult players in private post. For the younger just a brief description of what happens.
Quote from: Shadowfox on July 29, 2016, 03:03:48 AM
I still want to see a pokegirl game pop up but I think interest in that project died years ago. I just wanted to play in one sometime. Oh well maybe Pokemon Gone will actually get off the ground.
This isn't exactly the place to talk about other games.  The Interest Check is here solely for this game and discussion from interested players.

Quote from: Mr L on July 29, 2016, 03:10:57 AM
Okay, so since Natu (in the games) doesn't actually learn ANY Psychic type attack until AFTER it evolves, I can completely work with the idea of poor psychic abilities itself, but would that have any influence on say Ominous Wind?
I don't think Ominous Wind has anything to do with a Pokemon's Psychic power.  After all, the Pokemon blows up a gust of wind imbued with spooky thoughts and feelings.  Even though Natu's wings aren't developed enough to fly, they could be used to send a gust of went like that.

Also as a guideline, is there some kind of level cap to work with to help figure out moves or general power?
I don't actually have a guideline like that in place as this is supposed to be more like the anime in a sense than the games, so there are no levels.  I like to think that the players would know if a move or a Pokemon's power is far too great for what it actually should be.  As long as everyone is reasonable and civil and remembers that not a single Pokemon (unless it is a Wobbufett, Magikarp, or worm Pokemon like Caterpie who know less than 8 moves) knows every single move Bulbapedia has listed at the beginning, then everything would be okay.

However, if a guideline is needed, most Pokemon in the anime rarely use more than 10 moves at most (usually less) and often have favorite moves to use.  If it helps, you can list those 10 in a spoiler tag when you write up your character's Pokemon.  So, taking the Natu for an example, you could list it knowing only these moves:

Peck, Psychic*, Ominous Wind, Teleport, and Quick Attack
*Natu's Psychic power is still underdeveloped, so the move fails more often than not or is very underwhelming.

But, like I said, you don't need to unless you really want to.  I generally trust that everyone won't add a more powerful move just to have it.

EDIT: Then two things, BAMF gave me a good idea that my character can only bond with one pokemon, since it was their first, but is trying with the other, which makes me think that it would be Natu who would have difficulty bonding. So Litwick will have the bond, making it their first poke.
You know, BAMF is a genius!  I hadn't actually thought of that.  Let's take it like this though:  A trainer with latent psychic gifts can bond with one Psychic, Ghost, or Dark type Pokemon (exceptions include such Pokemon as Riolu and Lucario).  The first one is always the strongest bond, but if the trainer tries to bond with another of their Pokemon, they get diminishing returns.  So, if Litwick has the bond first, it will have the strongest bond.  Natu would be more difficult as it not only has underdeveloped Psychic power on it's own, but it would only be half as strong a bond as Litwick.  So, I guess each new bond with a Pokemon cuts the strength of it in half:

• First Bond - 100%
  • Second Bond - 50%
  • Third Bond - 25%
  • Fourth Bond - 12%
  • Fifth Bond - 6%
  • Sixth Bond - 3%

In this case, I would say that a psychic trainer can only ever bond with six Pokemon at most.  Exceptions to this rule of diminishing returns are for those exceptionally powerful trainers like Sabrina who was far more powerful than other psychic trainers when she was but a little girl and her power has only grown since then.

So this leads to a question. Even though Litwick doesn't exist in RBY-DPP, would it be reasonable to think that later generation pokemon have moved into places that make sense, like Litwick moving into the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town?
I would say yes.  Some regions, like Kanto and Unova, are difficult for Pokemon not originally from that region to adapt to.  However, after a few years, some may very well find a place for them to live in.  In Litwick's case, it is only really found in the Celestial Tower in Unova.  This tower is basically the same thing as the Pokemon Tower in Lavender.  So, Litwick would thrive there!  So, yes, Litwick would be found there easily, though I would imagine they prefer the upper parts of the tower.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

I'm trying to think of a good concept for a character for this game. @-@

King Serperior

Quote from: Wolfy on July 29, 2016, 01:03:30 PM
I'm trying to think of a good concept for a character for this game. @-@
Well, do your best with a concept.  There are six interested writers going for the last four spaces, so if your idea works out, it will likely be accepted.  However, I remember that you had lots of difficulty with posting in the last incarnation and I don't know if things have changed in that regard.  For this game, I can't have it held up for too long as the last incarnation screeched to a halt and killed the game.  So, if you are still interested, go on ahead and create a concept and build around there.  Just keep in mind what other characters the players are making.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Mr L

Quote from: King Serperior on July 29, 2016, 12:31:49 PM
Well, I actually have been called a Walking Pokedex before.....and still do by friends and family.  >.>

The Fiance-butt here calls me his personal pokedex all the time. :P

QuoteI don't think Ominous Wind has anything to do with a Pokemon's Psychic power.  After all, the Pokemon blows up a gust of wind imbued with spooky thoughts and feelings.  Even though Natu's wings aren't developed enough to fly, they could be used to send a gust of went like that.

I don't actually have a guideline like that in place as this is supposed to be more like the anime in a sense than the games, so there are no levels.  I like to think that the players would know if a move or a Pokemon's power is far too great for what it actually should be.  As long as everyone is reasonable and civil and remembers that not a single Pokemon (unless it is a Wobbufett, Magikarp, or worm Pokemon like Caterpie who know less than 8 moves) knows every single move Bulbapedia has listed at the beginning, then everything would be okay.

However, if a guideline is needed, most Pokemon in the anime rarely use more than 10 moves at most (usually less) and often have favorite moves to use.  If it helps, you can list those 10 in a spoiler tag when you write up your character's Pokemon.  So, taking the Natu for an example, you could list it knowing only these moves:

Peck, Psychic*, Ominous Wind, Teleport, and Quick Attack
*Natu's Psychic power is still underdeveloped, so the move fails more often than not or is very underwhelming.

But, like I said, you don't need to unless you really want to.  I generally trust that everyone won't add a more powerful move just to have it.

Fair enough, so just kind of going under the idea that obviously powerful moves are out for now, but anything else from the pokemon's level up pool of moves is fine? And since levels aren't a thing, I'm guessing Night Shade's (and other formerly level dependent moves) isn't going to be stuck dealing static damage?

QuoteYou know, BAMF is a genius!  I hadn't actually thought of that.  Let's take it like this though:  A trainer with latent psychic gifts can bond with one Psychic, Ghost, or Dark type Pokemon (exceptions include such Pokemon as Riolu and Lucario).  The first one is always the strongest bond, but if the trainer tries to bond with another of their Pokemon, they get diminishing returns.  So, if Litwick has the bond first, it will have the strongest bond.  Natu would be more difficult as it not only has underdeveloped Psychic power on it's own, but it would only be half as strong a bond as Litwick.  So, I guess each new bond with a Pokemon cuts the strength of it in half:

• First Bond - 100%
  • Second Bond - 50%
  • Third Bond - 25%
  • Fourth Bond - 12%
  • Fifth Bond - 6%
  • Sixth Bond - 3%

In this case, I would say that a psychic trainer can only ever bond with six Pokemon at most.  Exceptions to this rule of diminishing returns are for those exceptionally powerful trainers like Sabrina who was far more powerful than other psychic trainers when she was but a little girl and her power has only grown since then.

In this case, I think I'll use the fact that Natu is so weak psychicly, that even if it's the first eligible pokemon Aurora catches, that they won't be able to bond as easily, then Litwick comes along and boom, full bond. By the time Aurora and Co hit the new region, Natu would have the half bond.

QuoteI would say yes.  Some regions, like Kanto and Unova, are difficult for Pokemon not originally from that region to adapt to.  However, after a few years, some may very well find a place for them to live in.  In Litwick's case, it is only really found in the Celestial Tower in Unova.  This tower is basically the same thing as the Pokemon Tower in Lavender.  So, Litwick would thrive there!  So, yes, Litwick would be found there easily, though I would imagine they prefer the upper parts of the tower.

Okay, cool! That's something that's always kind of bugged me about introducing all the new pokemon over the years is whether they just existed off-screen, or if they're actually just being discovered. I know the anime makes the former the case, as someone in Unova freaks out over how incredibly rare Pikachu is in the region. Also, because I can't remember too well, I know the remains of the pokemon in the Lavender Town Tower were moved, but I can't remember where to? I am leaning towards Aurora being from Johto in Cherrygrove (can catch Staryu on a beach there), then goes to get Natu from the Ruins of Alph on an expedition or something. Maybe Litwick from the Burned Tower(?) as another expedition? Can't remember where the Pokemon Tower remains were moved to or it would be there.

King Serperior

Quote from: Mr L on July 29, 2016, 02:53:38 PM
The Fiance-butt here calls me his personal pokedex all the time. :P
Nothing wrong with being a personal Pokedex!  Someone has to!   XD

Fair enough, so just kind of going under the idea that obviously powerful moves are out for now, but anything else from the pokemon's level up pool of moves is fine? And since levels aren't a thing, I'm guessing Night Shade's (and other formerly level dependent moves) isn't going to be stuck dealing static damage?
For the most part, it's level-up movies and egg moves, but some Pokemon may know tutor moves or moves that would be 'TMs' (which we will merge with Tutor as TMs/HMs don't exist) if the Pokemon once observed another Pokemon use it.  As for moves like Night Shade and Sonicboom, I would say that 'static damage' moves are more for utility.  Like, Night Shade is something I can see a Pokemon influencing the shadows around it to make a scary illusion that the Pokemon is much bigger and stronger than it really is.

That said, sometimes very Powerful moves can be known early on.  For example, let's say your character had a Rhyhorn.  It could know Megahorn and Dragon Rush (level up and egg move respectively).  Both moves would make sense as Rhyhorn is a Pokemon that likes to charge objects blindly.  However, the two moves are not accurate, so the Pokemon would likely miss more times than not until it learns self-control.  As said before, as long as people don't go overboard and remember that the Pokemon the characters have are not super-powerful, then all things are good.

In this case, I think I'll use the fact that Natu is so weak psychicly, that even if it's the first eligible pokemon Aurora catches, that they won't be able to bond as easily, then Litwick comes along and boom, full bond. By the time Aurora and Co hit the new region, Natu would have the half bond.
That works.  When compared to most Psychic Pokemon, Natu's powers are minimal, so taking much, much longer to bond with is feasible.

Okay, cool! That's something that's always kind of bugged me about introducing all the new pokemon over the years is whether they just existed off-screen, or if they're actually just being discovered. I know the anime makes the former the case, as someone in Unova freaks out over how incredibly rare Pikachu is in the region. Also, because I can't remember too well, I know the remains of the pokemon in the Lavender Town Tower were moved, but I can't remember where to? I am leaning towards Aurora being from Johto in Cherrygrove (can catch Staryu on a beach there), then goes to get Natu from the Ruins of Alph on an expedition or something. Maybe Litwick from the Burned Tower(?) as another expedition? Can't remember where the Pokemon Tower remains were moved to or it would be there.
All of that works.  The Pokemon Tower, when it was converted to a Radio Tower, had all the Pokemon graves moved to the House of Memories which Mr. Fuji overlooks.  This House of Memories has become a reverse tower and goes deep underground as a catacombs underneath Lavender Town.  So, Ghost Pokemon like Gastly and Litwick could be found in the catacombs and around the House (only at night).

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Mr L

Quote from: King Serperior on July 29, 2016, 03:09:39 PM
Nothing wrong with being a personal Pokedex!  Someone has to!   XD
For the most part, it's level-up movies and egg moves, but some Pokemon may know tutor moves or moves that would be 'TMs' (which we will merge with Tutor as TMs/HMs don't exist) if the Pokemon once observed another Pokemon use it.  As for moves like Night Shade and Sonicboom, I would say that 'static damage' moves are more for utility.  Like, Night Shade is something I can see a Pokemon influencing the shadows around it to make a scary illusion that the Pokemon is much bigger and stronger than it really is.

That said, sometimes very Powerful moves can be known early on.  For example, let's say your character had a Rhyhorn.  It could know Megahorn and Dragon Rush (level up and egg move respectively).  Both moves would make sense as Rhyhorn is a Pokemon that likes to charge objects blindly.  However, the two moves are not accurate, so the Pokemon would likely miss more times than not until it learns self-control.  As said before, as long as people don't go overboard and remember that the Pokemon the characters have are not super-powerful, then all things are good.
That works.  When compared to most Psychic Pokemon, Natu's powers are minimal, so taking much, much longer to bond with is feasible.
All of that works.  The Pokemon Tower, when it was converted to a Radio Tower, had all the Pokemon graves moved to the House of Memories which Mr. Fuji overlooks.  This House of Memories has become a reverse tower and goes deep underground as a catacombs underneath Lavender Town.  So, Ghost Pokemon like Gastly and Litwick could be found in the catacombs and around the House (only at night).

Thank you for being so patient with me :P the more i can learn the system, the less likely i mess it up accidentally.

Just gotta figure out my character's actual personality...spent way too much time on pokemon and moves. I think i have a history for getting them at least, just need the stuff before it too.

King Serperior

Quote from: Mr L on July 29, 2016, 06:21:20 PM
Thank you for being so patient with me :P the more i can learn the system, the less likely i mess it up accidentally.
It's no problem at all!  If one doesn't ask, how will they know what the answer is?  I'm more than happy to help however I can.   :-)

Just gotta figure out my character's actual personality...spent way too much time on pokemon and moves. I think i have a history for getting them at least, just need the stuff before it too.
Not to worry about that.  Just get it worked out when you can.  The weekend looks to be hectic, but I'll be around for questions you or anyone else may have.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Thank you, Shadowfox.  It is most appreciated.  Also, I recently figured out that trainer card thing and added it to Koga for flair.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Latooni Subota

That is explicitly the point: Even with miniaturization and stuff, she is absolutely overprepared, ala that big backpack Brock carried around in the anime. Sometimes you gotta learn things the hard way. :D

Black Howling

Quote from: King Serperior on July 29, 2016, 12:31:49 PM
Alright, that sounds like a plan!  Do you think that your character will continue to focus on becoming a better battler as he faces his demons?  Or do you imagine him discovering himself and finding other areas of the Pokemon world that don't involve such?  I.E.  Being a Pokemon researcher, becoming a Pokemon Breeder, doing contests in the hopes of making it big, and many other things like that!

For starters, today got screwed. Still working on getting that sheet up, though, I'm about  quarter done.... embarrassingly. Sorry about that.

For seconds, I'm certain he will at first. I think he'll probably move down the breeder path, but as we seen with Brock, that's not mutually exclusive to not being being better at the battles. All said, I doubt he'll be even close to the team's best in that regard. He's shaping up to love Pokemon to a degree that breeder seems the best bet, though.

Mr L

Alright, here's Aurora! Added a chunk to keep track of what they can do as a psychic person, will adjust if anything needs to be.

Name: Aurora Flash
Trainer Class: Psychic Treasure Hunter.
Orientation: Bisexual

Pokemon Team: | |

• Staryu (Polaris): Polaris is Aurora’s first pokemon that they caught on the beach in Cherrygrove City. Without a face to read, it can be difficult to figure out what the pokemon is thinking or feeling. It has difficulty sitting still, so it jumps and spins constantly. When acting alone in battle, it uses Rapid Spin to hurl itself at the target.
  • Natu (Watchett)♀: While on their journey to discover more of their powers, Aurora stopped by the Ruins of Alph, where the little bird popped from around a corner and they accidentally threw an empty pokeball trying to summon Polaris. The Natu was caught without a struggle. Aurora has a hard time connecting with Watchett, since she shows little emotion and has a habit of staring off into space. While her psychic power on the surface is weak, they’re starting to form a bond with her. She will walk alongside Aurora when given the chance, hopping enthusiastically when needing to move faster. She will furiously flap her wings to get enough momentum in battle.
  • Litwick (Flicker)♂: The third member of their team came to join in Lavender Town, in the catacombs of pokemon remains watched by Mr Fuji. Flicker is the most emotive member of the team, much to Aurora’s relief. The little candle has a mischievous side that caused problems for mourners. He started playing pranks on the team, causing Aurora to put their foot down to get it to stop pranking them. As far as he’s concerned, strangers are fair game for pranking.
Personality: While they completely trust their pokemon team, Aurora has issues trusting their fellow humans due to their history at home. Once one has earned their trust, however, they’re the most of the most loyal comrades a person could ask for. Their powers sometimes flare up unexpectedly or when excited, this only adds to their natural clumsiness.

Psychic Capabilities:

• Limited Telekinesis - Can lift objects within arm’s length of them that weigh less than five pounds. Enough to toss a pokeball, not good for much else.
  • Pokemon Bonds - They are capable of forming bonds with Psychic, Dark, and Ghost pokemon to see what it sees and hears. Can’t issue commands through the link yet. Bonded with: Litwick (Flicker) 100%, Natu (Watchett) 50%
Biography: They were born to a loving couple in Cherrygrove City where they stayed until seventeen. They started developing their psychic powers around ten, though they have no clear memory exactly of such a moment. Their father was uncomfortable with a child psychic in the house, though still did the best he could as a father to his kid. The father’s irritation grew when they got Polaris, as the pokemon was always out of its ball and hyper. One day, their dad got upset with Staryu hopping around the house and demanded that Aurora put it back in the ball. They tried but it kept dodging the ball’s beam, making him angrier. He tried grabbing the pokemon to hold it still, when it retaliated with Rapid Spin. He was simply knocked down, but that was the last straw. After Aurora finally managed to confine the pokemon, they were told to get rid of it. Refusing, they simply left to get stronger as a psychic trainer.

A few days before the accident, they were fishing on the beach in town, as they always did to relax, also playing with their first pokeball they bought, hoping to put it to good use soon. However, that night there came a strong tug. They pulled back as hard as possible and out popped a Rapid Spinning Staryu which nearly hit them in the head. As they dodged the starfish pokemon, the ball was levitated into the air by Aurora’s powers, launching itself. It hit the Staryu, catching it. They were so surprised and proud.

After being evicted, and notifying their mother of the journey, they first headed for the Ruins of Alph. They were looking to find something to expand their power, give better understanding of it, or maybe a nifty trinket no one had found yet. Surprise seemed to be a common theme for catching pokemon, as a Natu popped out from around a ruin corner, catching the rookie off guard. In the slight panic of dealing with a new pokemon so suddenly, they accidentally threw an empty ball instead of summoning Polaris, catching her with far less resistance. While Wathett is always staring at something at random, she seemed to favor the north, to Ecruteak.

They decided to head that way, to appease the Natu, finding there was sometimes where they could feel closer to the little bird, but not the starfish. Thinking little of it at the time, they decided to test themself against Morty, though to a spectacular failure. Morty recognized the budding bond between them and Watchett, and recommended visiting Mr Fuji in Lavender Town as someone to consult about the bond between pokemon and trainer.

After making the transit to the Kanto region and working their way to Lavender Town, they found the man in question and heard about continuing problems that grieving trainers were encountering while visiting their beloved pokemon in the catacombs. Working alongside Mr Fuji, Aurora volunteered to help investigate, discovering a wild Litwick was pranking the mourners. In a true pokemon battle, the Litwick was defeated by Polaris and captured successfully. Flicker hadn’t given up its mischievous ways, though Aurora eventually got it to calm down a bit as they headed back to Johto for an update for mom.

However, on the way, they heard a radio message about Tokai getting its own league open. They never heard of such a place before, and with it opening up to other regions, there might be a chance to learn and grow! They got home and discussed the prospect with mom, who then took them to the pokemart to get them additional supplies for the journey, though not too much, as dad was still upset with them, despite the weeks of absence. With a motherly smile, she saw her little one heading off to a new world to either of them.

They headed to Vermillion City in Kanto for their boat to leave. The rest? Well, going to have to see, huh?

Bag Contents: Sleeping bag, 10 Pokeballs, 6 Potions, 3 Revives, Pokemon food, a canister for water, some dried meats and fruits, a change of clothes, and a 20ft coil of rope.

Ons/Offs: Mr L’s Yays, Nays, and Mays!

BAMF

Name: Kathryn (Kate) Howitt, “Chelsea Summer”
Alias: Echo
Trainer Class:  Idol
Orientation: Bisexual
Home Region: Unova

Pokemon Team:
|

• Iggy (Jigglypuff ♂): Iggy was given to Kate before she was born and has been with her through everything. Her first word was “Iggy,” an attempt to say “Igglybuff,” that triggered the pokemon’s evolution. He helped her practice singing in her bedroom, was her backup singer for the concerts in the living room, and was on stage when Kate tried out for the national singing competition that launched her to stardom. Iggy is not trained for combat in the least, but is a constant source of happiness and support for his owner. He is Kate’s best friend.
  • Blaze (Houndour ♀): This dog is a part of Kate’s security detail and the one closest to her. Since she’s still a houndour and still young, she is still imprinting on her now trainer. When Kate skipped out on her concert, she managed to sneak Blaze into a pokeball to take with her. Even though she’s fiercely protective, Blaze has some trouble recognizing threats and has a good amount of puppy left in her. She has been undergoing battle training, but hasn’t completed the entire, rigorous course like the other dogs in her detail.
Personality: Kate can come across either shy or cocky depending on the situation. Currently undercover, she’s mostly guarded and quiet - abrasive if pushed too far. With the new start in Tokai, she hopes to figure out what parts of her are persona and what parts are real, how she’ll wind up is yet unknown.

Biography: Wide blue eyes and silvery voice captured the hearts and minds of Unova when a little twelve year old from Accumula Town auditioned for the televised national talent competition. No one was surprised when she, with her backup singer Iggy, won and skyrocketed to stardom under the stage name Chelsea Summer. She became the sweetheart idol of Unova, loved by all but the tabloids. With a rock solid publicity team, soon she could do no wrong. Until she did.

The pervasiveness of paparazzi and cameras meant she no longer had a private life. Innocent teenage exploration was exploited for magazine sales. A fight with her mother got blown out of proportion and damaged their relationship. Rumors about an eating disorder and drug use circulated when she dyed her hair and changed her style. Fans began arguing about whether or not this was the “real” Chelsea or not; some even began to boycott her music when she released an album that deviated from the pop idol sound, crying for the “old Chelsea.”

Behind the scenes, the stress of trying to live up to the public and her parent’s expectations started eating away at her. Many nights she spent awake and reading about famous pokemon trainers who went on adventures with their pokemon, taking on gyms and earning badges and fame for something more than talent. She’d never wanted to go on a pokemon adventure, but when the announcement of the league in Tokai was released, she hatched a plan to escape the shackles of celebrity.

She began collecting supplies, preparing herself as best she could while simultaneously being careful not to let her team catch wind of her plan. Getting a revive and potions wasn’t difficult - they were on hand to care for Iggy and the pokemon of her security detail. Food, again, wasn’t a problem. But trainers had pokeballs to capture wild pokemon! She had no way to get these ahead of time, but hoped she could find some on her way out of town.

The night of her tour’s debut, she slipped out of her trailer with her pack. Blaze was sitting just outside the door and began wiggling the way she did when her charge was near and safe. Kate bent down and began petting the dog to soothe her before whispering an apology for the click of a pokeball. With the two pokeballs holding her only allies, the teen pop idol slipped out a side door and made her way to the pier to catch a ride to Tokai, stopping at a Pokemart to purchase pokeballs.

Bag Contents:  12 pokeballs, 5 potions, 1 revive, food (both human and poke-), canteen with water, a change of clothes, basic beauty supplies, spending money, a journal and a couple of pens.
Ons/Offs: My O/Os can also be found linked in my signature.

Aaand done. It's 8am and I haven't slept, but I WANTED TO FINISH IT. I'm gonna go pass out now. I might edit here & there for wording's sake, but all the important stuff is in there.

Question: Would it be possible for Iggy to influence emotions with his song? Make people feel sad, happy, calm, etc? It'd be something Kate/Echo could have him use or not use, and he could also sing without affecting the listener. It wouldn't work on recordings, but her live shows would be an experience.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

King Serperior

Quote from: Latooni Subota on July 30, 2016, 12:06:34 AM
That is explicitly the point: Even with miniaturization and stuff, she is absolutely overprepared, ala that big backpack Brock carried around in the anime. Sometimes you gotta learn things the hard way. :D
Okay, well, in that case, make the minor changes about the 'Pokemon One' and similar and she's accepted.  Just remember that lugging around a large, bulky backpack instead of a smaller travel pack will likely cause some difficulties until she's more adapted for travel!

Quote from: Black Howling on July 30, 2016, 12:14:22 AM
For starters, today got screwed. Still working on getting that sheet up, though, I'm about  quarter done.... embarrassingly. Sorry about that.

For seconds, I'm certain he will at first. I think he'll probably move down the breeder path, but as we seen with Brock, that's not mutually exclusive to not being being better at the battles. All said, I doubt he'll be even close to the team's best in that regard. He's shaping up to love Pokemon to a degree that breeder seems the best bet, though.
Not a problem at all!  Not everyone can get something written up when RL gets in the way.

And, no worries at all.  The experiences he'll likely face leave multiple paths open to either becoming a better battler or any number of interests.

Quote from: Mr L on July 30, 2016, 02:25:24 AM
Alright, here's Aurora! Added a chunk to keep track of what they can do as a psychic person, will adjust if anything needs to be.
As far as I can see, Aurora is perfectly made!  There's just one small thing and they're accepted:

And with that, they hopped on a boat in Olivine to head to the new frontier!
The boat to Tokai is docked in Kanto's Vermilion City, but they could take a short boat journey from Olivine to Kanto if they wanted to get a feel for sea travel.

Quote from: BAMF on July 30, 2016, 08:04:36 AM
Aaand done. It's 8am and I haven't slept, but I WANTED TO FINISH IT. I'm gonna go pass out now. I might edit here & there for wording's sake, but all the important stuff is in there.
You didn't have to lose sleep over this!  D:

On that note, she looks amazing!  I can see no problems at all, so she's accepted!

Question: Would it be possible for Iggy to influence emotions with his song? Make people feel sad, happy, calm, etc? It'd be something Kate/Echo could have him use or not use, and he could also sing without affecting the listener. It wouldn't work on recordings, but her live shows would be an experience.
Hmmm, Initially, I would have to say no to that because the only emotion a Jigglypuff is typically able to influence is sleepiness.  However, if Sing is used as a combination with Disarming Voice, which is a move that causes emotional damage, it could somewhat alter, or at least nudge a person's feelings.  I wouldn't say the success rate is 100%, but it would add the feelings to the song.   Of course, doing those at the same time would be tiring and require full concentration as well as dialing down on both moves so those who listen don't fall asleep or become harmed by them respectively.

Okay, with almost the entire cast done, I'll go ahead and open a Character Thread and an OOC in the next few minutes.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

And there we go!  Latooni Subota (once you have made the minor edits), Shadowfox, BAMF, and Mr L (once the minor edit has been made):  You may now post your Character Sheets in the Character Thread and jump on into the OOC!   XD

Out of Character
Character Thread

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Okay, at the moment, we are currently One character short before we can start the game.  If you are interested, please feel free to ask questions and give a character concept.  Do not fret if it seems that someone else is here before you as there might be an opening if we receive no response from one of the players soon.

I do ask that you please take a look at the Character Thread and see what sort of characters are currently here so no one makes a carbon copy by mistake.  As always, the rule is to play what you want to play and have the Pokemon you want to have.  This is NOT a power-focused game where only the best of the best Pokemon lead the way.  In many cases, those Pokemon are extremely limited!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

I have just recently received word from the player in question.  So, as of now, we are only seeking one person to fill in the final character slot.  Again, please feel free to ask questions so that I may help!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

Okay, after a very rough muse problem, I am ready to begin as early as Friday.  All we need is one last player and character!  I'm currently working on the starting post for the journey!  We have five characters and all are quite unique, so feel free to create your own!  Remember, this game is about playing a character that you, as a player, likes.  The same goes for the Pokemon your character would use:  Choose your favorites.  They don't have to be the best or the most powerful.  It's about playing what you want most!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

Hello

I might be interested in joining this if there is still a spot open. I noticed there are already quite a few characters out there, so not sure what kind of character concepts would be a great addition to the group.

King Serperior

Heya, Kim!

There is one spot still open.  We've had a few interested parties, but most of them haven't posted beyond their first idea or just saying they're interested.  As for characters, if you check our Character Thread, you'll see our current cast of characters:  A traveling trainer and explorer, a psychic treasure hunter, a somewhat spoiled, over-prepared rich girl who is in way over her head, a rather gutsy fighting-type trainer looking to prove herself, and a pop star who ran away from the limelight in order to become the person she wants to be instead of a spoiled voice.

That leaves lots of ideas out there for a character!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

AribethAmkiir

Don't want to steal a spot from anyone, but I'm interested if things are still open.  I can get a sheet up today.

King Serperior

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on August 24, 2016, 03:44:33 PM
Don't want to steal a spot from anyone, but I'm interested if things are still open.  I can get a sheet up today.
Hello there!

There is still one spot open and only one other person has shown interest.  I could take both you and Kimera's characters if both are interesting and unique.  I'm hesitant to take more than seven characters in this game at absolute maximum (normally, I only go for a six-character limit).  At the moment, we have five in total.

So, if you have questions or concepts, feel free to leave them here!  Also, I have a link to the current cast of characters if you want to see what we have now.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

AribethAmkiir

A team of Chimchar, Phanpy, and Tentacool would equal 6 points, right?

You currently have 4 females and 1 male, I know you said that the genders didn't matter, but then you also said it'd be nice to have a balanced mix.  Preference?

Concept: A young and hopeful Pokemon breeder, who has more book-knowledge than practice, who decided to come to the Tokai region because it is speculated to be the home of every Pokemon species in existence.

King Serperior

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on August 24, 2016, 04:03:10 PM
A team of Chimchar, Phanpy, and Tentacool would equal 6 points, right?
That would be right, though I would like to say that in regards to almost entirely aquatic Pokemon like Tentacool, there may be limited use for it in areas without water.  I'm not saying not to use it if you want to, but I thought that you would want to know.

You currently have 4 females and 1 male, I know you said that the genders didn't matter, but then you also said it'd be nice to have a balanced mix.  Preference?
It's actually 1 male, 3 females, and 1 non-binary.  That said, though I generally like a balanced mix, if the players want to write more females than males, then why stop them?  This is about what the players want to write and I won't railroad someone into playing a character they don't want to.

Concept: A young and hopeful Pokemon breeder, who has more book-knowledge than practice, who decided to come to the Tokai region because it is speculated to be the home of every Pokemon species in existence.
Seems like a pretty good concept.  Tokai will offer lots of experience for someone who finds themselves in over their head.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

King Serperior

Quote from: BAMF on August 24, 2016, 04:13:19 PM
...aren't most of our characters in over their heads? ;P
You have a point there!  Though some are obviously less prepared than others!  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

AribethAmkiir

Okay, so my understanding of the region is that most of the cities are coastal, and the interior is "wasteland" - which I imagine means very few rivers or lakes? 

I'll think of something else.  Thank you for the head's up.

King Serperior

I wouldn't say a wasteland, but rather, the biggest cities are coastal where the war didn't reach.  The interior is mostly rural and filled with dense forests, deserts, and even some ruined areas where the largest battles took place.  There are some rivers and lakes scattered throughout Tokai, but there are also large areas where water is scarce, such as the mountainous areas (though there are caves with water and interior lakes) and deserts.  As I said, your character could certainly use a Tentacool if they wanted, but there will be some places where it's use will be slightly limited.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Mr L

Quote from: King Serperior on August 24, 2016, 04:33:24 PM
I wouldn't say a wasteland, but rather, the biggest cities are coastal where the war didn't reach.  The interior is mostly rural and filled with dense forests, deserts, and even some ruined areas where the largest battles took place.  There are some rivers and lakes scattered throughout Tokai, but there are also large areas where water is scarce, such as the mountainous areas (though there are caves with water and interior lakes) and deserts.  As I said, your character could certainly use a Tentacool if they wanted, but there will be some places where it's use will be slightly limited.

Would one be able to go out on a limb to say it's mostly uninhabited nature?

King Serperior

Quote from: Mr L on August 24, 2016, 07:01:01 PM
Would one be able to go out on a limb to say it's mostly uninhabited nature?
In a sense, yes.  There are some small towns and villages scattered around the interior land, but they are usually small.  The only exceptions are two large towns that each house a Gym.  The region is huge and the population is relatively small since many died in the civil war.  Even before then, much of the region was unexplored, which is perfect for scientists, explorers, treasure hunters, and the like.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

King Serperior

Well, if you need some help narrowing them down, feel free to list them and I'll help by providing my own thoughts and opinions.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

Well, here's in short what I have of loose concepts:

- a medium able to talk to the dead, and has a ghost pokemon theme
- girl believes she's an actual witch and has a couple naughty (ghost) pokemon assisting her. (variant to the first)
- eevee trainer starting out with a couple eevee pups, but through the game each will evolve differently
- archeologist / fossil nut

King Serperior

Quote from: Kimera on August 25, 2016, 06:33:17 AM
Well, here's in short what I have of loose concepts:

- a medium able to talk to the dead, and has a ghost pokemon theme
I'll have to say no to actually talking to the dead, but I wouldn't be opposed to someone who thinks they can talk to the dead.  As with psychic powers and the problems they can hold in games, mediums will be limited.  That said, a ghost-type trainer wouldn't be turned away.  We already have a Fighting type and Psychic type trainer.

- girl believes she's an actual witch and has a couple naughty (ghost) pokemon assisting her. (variant to the first)
May I ask what you mean by 'naughty ghost Pokemon?'  If it is what I am thinking, I must remind you that this game is not about sex or ecchi situations and is heavily story-based.  If by naughty, you mean trouble-making prankster ghosts, then that is acceptable as long as you know that such things will mean they will be caught at some point.

- eevee trainer starting out with a couple eevee pups, but through the game each will evolve differently
An Eevee trainer sounds like a pretty good idea!  There's eight different Eeveelutions, so your character could easily mix-and-match or even have one Eevee refuse to evolve if you wanted!

- archeologist / fossil nut
Unfortunately, an archeologist/fossil nut is much too close to two characters we have now.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

Quote from: King Serperior on August 25, 2016, 06:43:00 AM
I'll have to say no to actually talking to the dead, but I wouldn't be opposed to someone who thinks they can talk to the dead.  As with psychic powers and the problems they can hold in games, mediums will be limited.  That said, a ghost-type trainer wouldn't be turned away.  We already have a Fighting type and Psychic type trainer.
Obviously, but he/she has the whole vibe going and all the ghost pokemon add to the act

May I ask what you mean by 'naughty ghost Pokemon?'  If it is what I am thinking, I must remind you that this game is not about sex or ecchi situations and is heavily story-based.  If by naughty, you mean trouble-making prankster ghosts, then that is acceptable as long as you know that such things will mean they will be caught at some point.
Naughty as in pranksters. I'm well aware of no sex related stuff with pokemon. Wasn't aiming for that. So, like she acts like she 'curses' someone and then one of her friends causes some misfortune ^^

An Eevee trainer sounds like a pretty good idea!  There's eight different Eeveelutions, so your character could easily mix-and-match or even have one Eevee refuse to evolve if you wanted!
I know, so I'm torn between this one and a ghost trainer

Unfortunately, an archeologist/fossil nut is much too close to two characters we have now.
Well it was concept nr 4, so not high on my list.

King Serperior

Another option for a medium is that the character thinks they are a detective and gets into trouble often because they stick their nose where it doesn't belong.  They could use ghost types to fuel this 'detective work.'

The ghost trainer could also be a con artist who schemes small-time 'get rich quick' ideas, thus getting into trouble often.  Or the trainer could be a trickster who does card tricks and the like with the 'help' of their ghost types who 'cheat.'

As for the Eeveelution trainer, there are multiple options such as a Pokemon breeder who focuses solely on Eevee;  Another option is being someone who wants to become a contest star;  Another option is to be a Pokemon stylist who likes to groom Pokemon;  Yet another idea is an artist who enjoys drawing.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

AribethAmkiir

Sorry,  got distracted last night, and the whole Tentacool thing caused me to stumble.   I'm back on track now, though,  so I should have something out shortly.

Aiden

I haven't read the entire setting, but I am in a Pokemon mood. Still recruiting one? I can work a sheet up if so.

King Serperior

Alright, recruitment is officially closed now!

Against my better judgement, I will be taking up to eight trainers instead of the originally planned six.  As such, with these last three interested parties, that is all I will take.  Thank you everyone else who was interested.

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on August 25, 2016, 11:52:43 AM
Sorry,  got distracted last night, and the whole Tentacool thing caused me to stumble.   I'm back on track now, though,  so I should have something out shortly.
No problem at all.  I do apologize for the Tentacool issues.  >.<

That said, if you have any questions at all, please let me know!

Quote from: Aiden on August 25, 2016, 12:15:06 PM
I haven't read the entire setting, but I am in a Pokemon mood. Still recruiting one? I can work a sheet up if so.
Well, this is an unexpected surprise!  Glad to see you interested, Aiden!

As noted above, I have decided that I will, at most, take eight and you're number eight!  So, after you've read the setting information, if you have any questions regarding anything, let me know!  Do you have any character concepts in mind?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Mr L

I like both concepts too much to be of any assistance Kimera :P While my nb Psychic Aurora will be focusing on a team they can bond with, it's not going to be exclusively Psychic types, as they have a Litwick too (that's going to be a little shit to the rest of you >:) though not entirely sure how)

Also, KS, I've been meaning to ask (or I did and can't remember the answer), but how strict is the reaslism regarding pokedex entries going to be? Ex: Litwick feeds on the life energy of others, which is where its flame comes from. Or Honedge, where if you grab its hilt, the cloth attached to it will wrap around your hand and drain you of your life energy. I mean, there would be some pokes we would NEVER want to run into, just from their Pokedex entries alone!

King Serperior

Quote from: Mr L on August 25, 2016, 12:46:25 PM
Also, KS, I've been meaning to ask (or I did and can't remember the answer), but how strict is the reaslism regarding pokedex entries going to be? Ex: Litwick feeds on the life energy of others, which is where its flame comes from. Or Honedge, where if you grab its hilt, the cloth attached to it will wrap around your hand and drain you of your life energy. I mean, there would be some pokes we would NEVER want to run into, just from their Pokedex entries alone!
In my opinion, a number of Pokedex entries are exaggerated a little.  For example, the Litwick entry is based on the fact that I see its flame growing or diminishing with the energy that its trainer shows.  So, if Aurora is excited and pumped, the flame will be larger than normal while if they are feeling down, the flame will mirror that by being a little smaller.  If there are questions like that regarding certain Pokedex entries, let me know and I'll answer them.  Of course, there might be some entries that are true.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Aiden

Awesome, do you have a approved charter sheet? I want to make sure i don't accidentally copy someone's concept.

King Serperior

Quote from: Aiden on August 25, 2016, 12:59:08 PM
Awesome, do you have a approved charter sheet? I want to make sure i don't accidentally copy someone's concept.
These are the five approved characters:

Character Thread:  As you'll see in our current cast of characters, we have:  A traveling trainer and explorer, a psychic treasure hunter, a somewhat spoiled, over-prepared rich girl who is in way over her head, a rather gutsy fighting-type trainer looking to prove herself, and a pop star who ran away from the limelight in order to become the person she wants to be instead of a spoiled voice.

The code for the character sheet is on the first post of this thread as well.

As always, questions about character concepts and Pokemon are always welcome.    :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Mr L

Quote from: King Serperior on August 25, 2016, 12:51:31 PM
In my opinion, a number of Pokedex entries are exaggerated a little.  For example, the Litwick entry is based on the fact that I see its flame growing or diminishing with the energy that its trainer shows.  So, if Aurora is excited and pumped, the flame will be larger than normal while if they are feeling down, the flame will mirror that by being a little smaller.  If there are questions like that regarding certain Pokedex entries, let me know and I'll answer them.  Of course, there might be some entries that are true.

I like that, that's cute! And a good way to show off his bond with them. Like as we discussed, Natu, when she evolves into Xatu, will have a limited view into the past and future, right? I'm thinking that Staryu/Starmie will show off its own mood based on the color of its gem, if that is alright, granted Aurora won't be able to recognize which is which off hand, beyond red = calm/at ease.

King Serperior

Quote from: Mr L on August 25, 2016, 01:03:20 PM
I like that, that's cute! And a good way to show off his bond with them. Like as we discussed, Natu, when she evolves into Xatu, will have a limited view into the past and future, right? I'm thinking that Staryu/Starmie will show off its own mood based on the color of its gem, if that is alright, granted Aurora won't be able to recognize which is which off hand, beyond red = calm/at ease.
You would be correct with Xatu.  After all, the Pokemon can see possible pasts and futures and for all Aurora knows, trying to prevent one future could cause it to happen or trying to get to another could cause that future to never happen.  It would be quite confusing and muddled, likely to give them a headache trying to translate it.  Of course, any visions of past or future will have to have GM approval since that is potentially a very powerful thing.

As for Staryu/Starmie's moods, that works, though only Starmie can change gem colors.  Staryu's is always red, but blinks slowly like a human heartbeat.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

AribethAmkiir

Hey KS, how are we doing moves?  I read that your philosophy/stance is to be practical and not go overboard, but if a Pokemon doesn't know the move at the beginning of the game, how difficult is it going to be to teach it to them during the game?

King Serperior

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on August 25, 2016, 01:58:57 PM
Hey KS, how are we doing moves?  I read that your philosophy/stance is to be practical and not go overboard, but if a Pokemon doesn't know the move at the beginning of the game, how difficult is it going to be to teach it to them during the game?
Ah, that question was asked earlier, so here's the answer:

Quote from: King Serperior on July 28, 2016, 11:37:57 PM

I would also like to point out that most Pokemon typically use less than 8 moves on average and generally those it prefers to use.  So, typically, Pokemon use between six and twelve moves, though they may know others.  If you plan to add a list of moves for reference for your Pokemon, please run them by me first.  If you don't add a list, at least run the moves by me before you start having your Pokemon use extremely powerful attacks.

In the character sheet thread, Koga and Aurora have a listing of moves their Pokemon know and use most often.  You can use that as a reference.

As for learning new moves, so long as the Pokemon can actually learn it, there are ways in the story they can do so.  In fact, some Pokemon learn new moves instinctively as they become stronger and better trained.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Mr L

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on August 25, 2016, 01:58:57 PM

Like with Aurora's and Koga's teams, crazy powerful moves are possible though our teams should still be weak enough that even a Noibat with Draco Meteor is possible, it'll have diminishing or unexpected, if any, results. Aurora's Staryu, as another example, with its Hydro Pump. Because of its size and strength right now, Brine, even, isn't able to be used from a standing position, instead, it uses the powerful jet of water to make its own body a projectile. Hydro Pump does the same thing, though A: it'll be harder to control, if at all, and B: It'll more than likely hurt itself multiple times during the move's use. I now have the image of Staryu flying around the battlefield because of it, similar to Sushi's Tidal Wave attack from the first Paper Mario, to give an idea of how inefficient the strongest water type attack for it will be. Doesn't stop the pokemon from knowing/using it, just don't expect the move to always work the way it's intended.

King Serperior

As a guide for those who are thinking about Water-Types, I thought I would make a list of those Pokemon that are not very capable on dry land and thus are more limited without water, usually losing mobility:

Horsea -> Seadra -> Kingdra:  Can balance and hop on their tails, but are much less mobile on land.
Goldeen -> Seaking:  Can use their tails to 'jump' forward, but their mobility is even less than the Horsea line.
Magikarp:  Honestly, just use Gyarados as Magikarp is useless, even in the water.
Remoraid:  Octillery is the goal for this Pokemon when it comes to getting out of the water.
Wailmer -> Wailord:  Wailmer is small enough to bounce like a beach ball out of water, but Wailord is really a beached whale otherwise.
Feebas:  Same as Magikarp, but with Milotic instead.
Luvdisc:  Basically becomes a sitting duck on land.
Finneon -> Lumineon:  While Lumineon's large fins can catch air like a kite, it's not a reliable means of movement.
Basculin:  Even on land, it is dangerous....if one gets to close to the almost immobile Pokemon.
Alomomola:  Same as Luvdisk, a sitting duck.
Tentacool -> Tentacruel:  Tentacool's tentacles are not strong or numerous enough to do more than drag itself across the ground.  Tentacruel, however, can move fairly well.
Chinchou -> Lanturn:  Though Chinchou can hop around on land with ease, Lanturn is much more at home in the water.
Qwilfish:  It can puff itself up to propel itself like Wailmer can using its strong tail as a way to bounce.
Mantyke -> Mantine:  At best, they can glide, but lose mobility otherwise.
Carvanha -> Sharpedo:  Though they can balance on their fins, their movement is greatly decreased.
Barboach -> Whiscash:  Barboach can't move well on land, but Whiscash's strong fins allow it to move (slowly) over land much better.
Skrelp -> Dragalge:  Like the Horsea line, they can balance on their tails.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

Quote from: King Serperior on August 25, 2016, 06:59:22 AM
Another option for a medium is that the character thinks they are a detective and gets into trouble often because they stick their nose where it doesn't belong.  They could use ghost types to fuel this 'detective work.'

The ghost trainer could also be a con artist who schemes small-time 'get rich quick' ideas, thus getting into trouble often.  Or the trainer could be a trickster who does card tricks and the like with the 'help' of their ghost types who 'cheat.'

As for the Eeveelution trainer, there are multiple options such as a Pokemon breeder who focuses solely on Eevee;  Another option is being someone who wants to become a contest star;  Another option is to be a Pokemon stylist who likes to groom Pokemon;  Yet another idea is an artist who enjoys drawing.

Quote from: Mr L on August 25, 2016, 12:46:25 PM
I like both concepts too much to be of any assistance Kimera :P While my nb Psychic Aurora will be focusing on a team they can bond with, it's not going to be exclusively Psychic types, as they have a Litwick too (that's going to be a little shit to the rest of you >:) though not entirely sure how)

Argh, now I can't choose at all. Both concepts having so much potential.

King Serperior

Quote from: Kimera on August 25, 2016, 03:34:16 PM
Argh, now I can't choose at all. Both concepts having so much potential.
Well, if you want, you could perhaps get the opinions of other players.  I could ask in the OOC and that could narrow down.

Other options could be that a trainer is looking to make a cookbook by traveling and has a few 'cooking/eating' focused Pokemon such as Munchlax, Lickitung, a Rotom that has possessed an oven (Rotom-Heat), or a Swirlix for example!  Remember, themes are always interesting and fun and you don't have to have a character who's built to handle the Tokai region from the get-go!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

Con-artist or magician could also be interesting. Part act, part scam.

Or a thief/burglar

Having a bunch of eevee's though could also be interesting, giving them subtle differences and personalities.

King Serperior

A con-artist would be preferable to a thief as I'm not looking for the characters to be actual 'bad guys.'  They might have questionable ethics from time to time and may con people out of their money, but not someone who steals valuables often.

That said, a con-artist magician could work as well as the Eevee idea.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Mr L

Earlier statement aside, i really do like the idea of an Eevee trainer would be pretty cool!

Not sure how i would feel about a con artist, but I'm imaging the con magician claiming they're psychic and Aurora is watching going "I'm inexperienced in my own powers, but that's fake..."

BAMF

Con artist sounds fun for Echo to play against. ^^
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

King Serperior

A con-artist or anyone who does something like a crime in that sense will be walking a line.  After all, if they get into trouble, then the consequences might just fall on the group that the con-artist is traveling with!  I'm not saying to NOT go with the idea, but that this is something that must be kept in mind at all times.  Conning people is a good way to turn people against the character and the group, even if no harm was meant.

That said, it's your choice to come up with your final character decision.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

Getting arrested by officer jenny might not be that bad ^^

Joking aside, I'm aware that in a more realistic setting, there's always the risk with criminal activity.

King Serperior

No worries.  I'm working on getting the opening post finished, so try to have a character worked out by Friday or Saturday.  I'm hoping to get the game started by the weekend.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

*nods*

I'll try. I'm leaning more towards the magician at the moment with a mismagius, though it is hard to reject all those cute eevee-lutions, especially sylveon. So cute :3

Edit: Or if I can't make up my mind, combine both concepts slightly, magician with ghost and fairy types, all tricksters and pranksters helping out in the various acts and performances.

King Serperior

Quote from: Kimera on August 25, 2016, 05:59:45 PM
Edit: Or if I can't make up my mind, combine both concepts slightly, magician with ghost and fairy types, all tricksters and pranksters helping out in the various acts and performances.
That is an idea!  Ghost and Fairy type Pokemon would be good for a character who is like a side-show magician.  Perhaps the character came from a circus and is a performer?  That would mean they could use 'circus' Pokemon!  However, a prankster type who is out to brighten the mood would be a good addition and their skills could even be a boon for the group if things go bad.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

Quote from: King Serperior on August 25, 2016, 06:41:57 PM
That is an idea!  Ghost and Fairy type Pokemon would be good for a character who is like a side-show magician.  Perhaps the character came from a circus and is a performer?  That would mean they could use 'circus' Pokemon!  However, a prankster type who is out to brighten the mood would be a good addition and their skills could even be a boon for the group if things go bad.

Yup.

On a side note, over night, I came up with the idea of a sort of medic. I think one would also be a useful addition to the team, especially if it is within a more realistic world where people might get hurt more easily then in the regular anime.

BAMF

A medic sounds like a terrible idea. /sarcasm

Would they have a Blissey? ;D
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

King Serperior

Quote from: Kimera on August 26, 2016, 02:12:37 AM
On a side note, over night, I came up with the idea of a sort of medic. I think one would also be a useful addition to the team, especially if it is within a more realistic world where people might get hurt more easily then in the regular anime.
Well, I am about to turn in for the night, but before I do, if that is the direction you are going for, I can make a list of Medical Pokemon.  Most are usually Grass, Normal, and Fairy types, but any Pokemon that can learn one or more of the moves:  Heal Bell, Aromatherapy, and Heal Pulse qualify.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Kimera

Quote from: King Serperior on August 26, 2016, 02:32:43 AM
Well, I am about to turn in for the night, but before I do, if that is the direction you are going for, I can make a list of Medical Pokemon.  Most are usually Grass, Normal, and Fairy types, but any Pokemon that can learn one or more of the moves:  Heal Bell, Aromatherapy, and Heal Pulse qualify.

Not sure if I would go that route, but sylveon and misdraevus can learn heal bell by tutoring (dunno if that counts), so I could always sort of build that in his 'magical act' ^^

Mr L

Quote from: BAMF on August 26, 2016, 02:26:08 AM
A medic sounds like a terrible idea. /sarcasm

Would they have a Blissey? ;D

^ This, Happiny/Chansey would probably be a good route to start off with if going with a medic, unless you are okay with just the one. I think one of the pokemon I caught during this Nuzlocke playthrough of X would work well, but I'm not 100% sure who? Spritzee, maybe? It's ability plus 2/3 moves that actually help other members of the team. Heal Pulse, Aromatherapy, Misty Terrain, its own ability ffs :P It's one hell of a support pokemon

AribethAmkiir

Name: Valerie Valor (or "Vivi" to her friends)
Trainer Class:  Breeder
Orientation: Romantic Demisexual
Pokemon Team:

• Pokemon One: Squirtle (Tank): Val's first Pokemon, she received him from Professor Oak when she was 10 and beginning her Pokemon adventure.  He's been her closest friend and confidant for the last seven years, and has helped her get through many things, as well as helped extensively on her parents ranch.
    moves
    Tackle, Water Gun, Withdraw, Bite, Water Pulse, Skull Bash
  • Pokemon Two:Phanpy (Ivory): Hatched from the egg her grandmother gave her, Ivory has been with Val for close to seven years, and has been her second best friend.  While Ivory doesn't share the same closeness that Tank and Val do, she is nearly there and is very protective of Val.  Ivory has spent most of her life helping on Val's parents ranch and has only recently been beyond that home.
    moves
    Odor Sleuth, Tackle, Rollout, Counter, Defense Curl
  • Pokemon Three: Fletchling (Robin): Her newest Pokemon, Val only caught it a few weeks ago, while on her way to Tokai.  Robin is a fierce battler and friendly toward nearly everyone, aside from Val, who the tiny bird Pokemon still holds resentment toward for catching it.
    moves
    Quick Attack, Peck, Agility, Tackle
Personality:  She has a naturally analytical mind, and sometimes overthinks the simplest matters.  She's studious and enjoys learning, especially about Pokemon, has a sharp mind, and a brilliant memory.  A "down-home country girl", she's used to hardship, roughing it, and putting in a full day's work.  Loyal and compassionate, she has a tendency to put her friends, and Pokemon, first, and is willing to go to great lengths to help anyone she considers a "friend".  Typically calm and calculated, Val can be stubborn, particularly when she thinks she's correct.  She's quiet and reserved when it comes to people, and finds it difficult to talk to them about her emotions and feelings. 

Biography:  Val, or Vivi to her friends, was raised on a Pokemon ranch, outside of Greenfield, which her parents and grandparents managed and operated.  From an early age she was taught about the habits of the various Pokemon on the ranch.  She learned how certain types, like fire, loved spicy foods, while other types liked sweet or salty.  She learned what made Pokemon compatible enough to breed, and how to take care of baby Pokemon.

At the age of ten, she traveled to the Kanto region and received her very first Pokemon from, the one-and-only, Professor Oak.  Like many her age, she left Pallet town on her own, with only her Squirtle, and began her Pokemon journey.  She was only several days into her journey when a mike courier caught up with her and brought a letter from home.  The letter informed her that her grandmother had become sick, and her parents were asking her to return home.  She made her way to Saffron City's magnet train station and then traveled back to Goldenrod city.

When Val arrived home she found her grandmother in poor health, however, her grandmother gave Val a Pokemon egg, which she had been planning to give her when Val returned from her adventure, and told her to take care of the egg.  Later that week, her grandmother passed away.

Instead of returning to her Pokemon adventure, Val busied herself with the work around the ranch.  Her Squirtle and her egg, her constant companions, she did her best to pick up the slack and allow her parents, and grandfather, to mourn and deal with the loss.  When asked by her parents if she needed to talk, she told them that she talked to her Squirtle, and that she was "okay".

Time passed, and Val took to training her Squirtle, after her chores were done, out in the old barn.  Since the barn hadn't been used for much of anything, since a new one had been built, she set up an obstacle course for Squirtle, with a target range.  While putting Squirtle through his paces, Val's egg began to glow, then hatched, and Phanpy emerged. 

The next several years passed with Val, Squirtle, and Phanpy working the ranch, training, and playing together.  Often Val thought about what could have been if she had returned to her adventure and how many more Pokemon friends she would have gathered, but her mind always returned to her family and her grandmother, and how, she felt, they needed her at the ranch.

When she heard of the opening of a new region, and of how it was speculated that every Pokemon species dwelled there, she began to dream of returning to her short-lived journey and of pursuing her dream to become a Pokemon breeder.  When her parents found a flyer of Tokai region in her room, they decided to encourage Val to go.  After a lot of talk, Val finally decided now was the time, and made the necessary travel arrangements to reach Tokai.

It was during her journey to Tokai that she was attacked by a Fletchling after she had entered its territory.  Not having seen a Fletchling before, or understanding why it was attacking her, she called upon Squirtle and together they defeated and captured the tiny robin Pokemon. 
Bag Contents:  1x sleeping bag, 1x small tent, 15x Pokeballs, 5x Potions, some Pokemon food, a water canister with built-in filter, some trainer food, a set of spare clothes, 20 ft length of rope, a map of Tokai, 2x blank journals, 2x lead pencils, 1x "Pokemon Breeding" reference book, Pokemon hairbrush, her hairbrush, toothbrush, and small toiletry bag.
Ons/Offs: My O/O's are here (and linked at the bottom of my 1st post every page).

Mr L

I'm confident that KS will agree on at least these points, but as a fellow player, I am scratching my head as to how we can get maps of Tokai. Would it be of the whole region, or the most populated areas (if we can even get them at all). Other thing I noticed is that she's simply 'going to Tokai,' which leads to the question: How exactly? I can see the Fletchling attacking her somewhere between Saffron and Vermillion (where the boat is gonna be), so maybe that works for you? KS would still have to approve that, but just thought I'd offer that :) Vivi looks well done though!

King Serperior

Alright, let's get started and take a good look-over here:

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on August 26, 2016, 12:16:49 PM
Pokemon Team:

• Pokemon One: Squirtle (Tank): Val's first Pokemon, she received him from Professor Oak when she was 10 and beginning her Pokemon adventure.  He's been her closest friend and confidant for the last seven years, and has helped her get through many things, as well as helped extensively on her parents ranch.
    moves
  • Pokemon Two:Phanpy (Ivory): Hatched from the egg her grandmother gave her, Ivory has been with Val for close to seven years, and has been her second best friend.  While Ivory doesn't share the same closeness that Tank and Val do, she is nearly there and is very protective of Val.  Ivory has spent most of her life helping on Val's parents ranch and has only recently been beyond that home.
    moves
    Odor Sleuth, Tackle, Rollout, Counter, Defense Curl
  • Pokemon Three: Fletchling (Robin): Her newest Pokemon, Val only caught it a few weeks ago, while on her way to Tokai.  Robin is a fierce battler and friendly toward nearly everyone, aside from Val, who the tiny bird Pokemon still holds resentment toward for catching it.
    moves
Okay, I have a few questions here and some things to point out, but I must say that the team is looking quite nice.  So, on with the specifics:

First, you can remove the 'Pokemon One' and so forth.  That's unneeded, as you can see in the character thread.  Next up is the Squirtle:  By my understanding, she was born in Jhoto and traveled to Kanto for her first Pokemon instead of visiting Professor Elm?  Not objecting, mind you, as trainers from both Kanto and Jhoto take the train from one region to another for their first one.  As for the Phanphy, I see that it knows Counter.  As the Phanphy is newly hatched and is still very young, I would say that its Counters are hit-and-miss as it doesn't quite have the discipline to retain focus and resolve to take an attack and reflect it back.  Obviously, that will change as the Pokemon grows.  Now, the Fletchling is the one I really want to focus on.  Remember that Tokai is very, very far from the other regions and one has to travel by boat to reach it.  As such, Fletchlings won't be flying over the ocean.  In order to reach the region, she would have to travel to Kanto and catch the ship in Vermilion City.  Now, she could possibly run into a Fletchling as she makes her way to Vermilion, no problem.

Biography:  Val, or Vivi to her friends, was raised on a Pokemon ranch, outside of Greenfield, which her parents and grandparents managed and operated. 
I had to look up Greenfield as I didn't think I'd heard of it before.  Turns out it is where the third Pokemon movie took place.  Now, I would like to point out that this game will NOT follow the anime or make references, so it was never crystallized or plagued by Unown.  As such, Ash and company never existed.  That said, Greenfield is an acceptable location for a ranch.

At the age of ten, she traveled to the Kanto region and received her very first Pokemon from, the one-and-only, Professor Oak.  Like many her age, she left Pallet town on her own, with only her Squirtle, and began her Pokemon journey. 
Just so I have it clear in my head, she decided to go to Oak instead of Elm for her first Pokemon?  I would say that maybe 40% of Johto trainers go to Pallet Town while the rest generally go to New Bark.  The opposite is true of Kanto trainers.  Nothing major, but it might be nice to make a note there if that is indeed the case.

When she heard of the opening of a new region, and of how it was speculated that every Pokemon species dwelled there, she began to dream of returning to her short-lived journey and of pursuing her dream to become a Pokemon breeder.  When her parents found a flyer of Tokai region in her room, they decided to encourage Val to go.  After a lot of talk, Val finally decided now was the time, and made the necessary travel arrangements to reach Tokai.
Might I ask where she heard of Tokai?  After all, though the region isn't unheard of, it's more of something that one hears by chance.  For example, my character, Koga, received a note from his father, who is a Gym Leader in Sinnoh.  It doesn't have to be anything amazing, but knowing how they found out is always nice to know.

It was during her journey to Tokai that she was attacked by a Fletchling after she had entered its territory.  Not having seen a Fletchling before, or understanding why it was attacking her, she called upon Squirtle and together they defeated and captured the tiny robin Pokemon. 
As noted above, the most likely place she would find a Fletchling would be between the ranch and Goldenrod OR between Saffron and Vermilion.  Certainly not an impossible thing to do, though it would be rarer in Johto or Kanto, which would explain why she has never seen one previously.

Bag Contents:  1x sleeping bag, 1x small tent, 15x Pokeballs, 5x Potions, some Pokemon food, a water canister with built-in filter, some trainer food, a set of spare clothes, 20 ft length of rope, a map of Tokai, 2x blank journals, 2x lead pencils, 1x "Pokemon Breeding" reference book, Pokemon hairbrush, her hairbrush, toothbrush, and small toiletry bag.
I would have to ask that you remove the map of Tokai.  After all, no one in any of the other regions would happen to have a map of such a faraway place laying around where anyone could get it.  If a map is what you want, there will be ample time for her to purchase one when she gets to the region.   :-)

I think that's about everything.  Go ahead and make the changes and ask any questions you might have.

Quote from: Mr L on August 26, 2016, 12:48:32 PM
I'm confident that KS will agree on at least these points, but as a fellow player, I am scratching my head as to how we can get maps of Tokai. Would it be of the whole region, or the most populated areas (if we can even get them at all).
Unfortuantly, I am not good at making maps.  In fact, I don't know how to do so!  That said, when the trainers get to Tokai and leave the ship, there will be places to buy a map or download one onto gear like the Pokenav.  I'll do my best to describe the places, I assure you.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Aiden

Name: Makaio "Mako" Tides
    Trainer Class:  Adventurer, burgeoning cook
    Orientation:  Hetrosexual
    Home Region: Kanto
    Pokemon Team:

• Growlithe:
      "Ace" - Mako's first pokemon, a gift from a frequent guest to his parent's hot springs. Ace quickly became a favorite at the resort, with guest spoiling him with treats and toys. Ace and Mako could always be found battling traveling trainers who visited the island to face Blaine. 

• Ghastly:
      "Malevo" - Mako's first caught Pokemon, a chance encounter in a cave during one of his trips to the scattered islands near Cinibar. Malevo haunted, pranked and tormented both Mako and Ace. Eventually the tricky ghastly was outsmarted and trapped, a battle ensuing. During the battle, Malevo  was finally defeated and caught. Malevo loves to haunt people and prank people. 

• Squirtle:
      "Oogway" - The Troublemaker, traded to Mako by an unfit trainer, Oggway has proven difficult as he is the most rebellious pokemon Mako has ever encountered. Oogway prefers to do as he pleases in battles, favoring fighting and moves outside of his strong suit (water). Training him has proven difficult, but the turtle brawler warmed up to the team over time.

Personality:  Mako grew up with a strong work ethic thanks to always having to work for the family business, a small resort in the Cinnbar island region. Luckily his parents also knew to give the boy enough space and time off to enjoy his youth. They didn't press him in one direction, allowing him to find his own path. When he decided  to set out to become a pokemon trainer, his parents wished him well. Mako is a charming and laid back person, who is content with enjoying life one day at a time. He is very independent and eager to explore regions outside of Kanto.

Biography:  Born on an island near Cinnibar, Mako was raised in large family with plenty of siblings. The family business, a small resort, served as his training grounds. Pokemon trainers would gather and share stories, sometimes even duel him. As some of his older siblings left on their own pokemon quest, he stayed behind, content with life in the islands. As he grew older and gained an interest in battling, he set his sights on challenging Blain,  the Cinibar Gym Leader. It took him over two years to accomplish his goal. While Ace was strong, he was not enough to ensure the gym badge. After acquiring Malevo and Oogway, he was finally able to claim his badge and announce to his parents he was setting out. After three years and a long adventure (In Kanto). He set off to Vermillion city to claim his second badge and book pasage back home when he heard of Tokai. While waiting for a boat home, he heard of a new region and looked for a way to board the boat, one way or another.

Bag Contents:   a sleeping bag. 5 Pokeballs, 3 Potions, Pokemon food, Water bottle, Dried foods (jerky, trail mixes), Cooking kit with spices, some spare clothes, Hunting knife, mess kit

Ons/Offs:Link As this is not the game's focus, I can see Mako leaning towards the Light side of things sexual that can be discussed if it comes up[/list][/list]

Kimera

So tempted to use Hiruko Kagetane as the avatar for my magician. Looks the part for a ghost trainer as well ^^

AribethAmkiir

Posting from my phone,  please forgive any typos.

I'll remove the "Pokémon 1" etc., from the sheet when I get to a computer.

She's a huge fan of Professor Oak,  so when the time came for her to get her first Pokémon and start her journey, she insisted upon receiving her Pokémon from him.

I have no problem with the Phanpy not having Counter down.   I wanted an egg move to reflect her family's history of breeding Pokémon,  and while I would love to have "Ice Shard", but I felt that didn't really make sense.

As for the Fletchling, my idea was that she caught it somewhere along the trip to Tokai.  As it's been said,  there are plenty of possibilities for that encounter to occur.   She would've taken the train to Kanto,  and then the ship from Vermillion.   

Yeah, I just put Greenfield in there for the heck of it, kind of an "easter egg".  I didn't have any intent to reference the third movie or the anime.

I would assume that she heard about Tokai from a Pokémon journal,  or a news feed, or a television "special' which higjlighted this "new" region.  I'm happy to take any direction you want to give me.

I'll remove the map from her bag's contents.

AribethAmkiir

Name: Valerie Valor (or "Vivi" to her friends)
      Trainer Class:  Breeder
      Orientation: Romantic Demisexual
      Pokemon Team:

• Squirtle (Tank): Val's first Pokemon, she received him from Professor Oak when she was 10 and beginning her Pokemon adventure.  He's been her closest friend and confidant for the last seven years, and has helped her get through many things, as well as helped extensively on her parents ranch.
        moves
      • Phanpy (Ivory): Hatched from the egg her grandmother gave her, Ivory has been with Val for close to seven years, and has been her second best friend.  While Ivory doesn't share the same closeness that Tank and Val do, she is nearly there and is very protective of Val.  Ivory has spent most of her life helping on Val's parents ranch and has only recently been beyond that home.
        moves
        Odor Sleuth, Tackle, Rollout, Counter*, Defense Curl
        *Due to her age and inexperience, Ivory often lacks the discipline to use Counter, often moving out of the way or even using Defense Curl instead of taking the hit and countering like she should.
      • Fletchling (Robin): Her newest Pokemon, Val only caught it a few weeks ago, while on her way to Tokai.  Robin is a fierce battler and friendly toward nearly everyone, aside from Val, who the tiny bird Pokemon still holds resentment toward for catching it.
        moves
      Personality:  She has a naturally analytical mind, and sometimes overthinks the simplest matters.  She's studious and enjoys learning, especially about Pokemon, has a sharp mind, and a brilliant memory.  A "down-home country girl", she's used to hardship, roughing it, and putting in a full day's work.  Loyal and compassionate, she has a tendency to put her friends, and Pokemon, first, and is willing to go to great lengths to help anyone she considers a "friend".  Typically calm and calculated, Val can be stubborn, particularly when she thinks she's correct.  She's quiet and reserved when it comes to people, and finds it difficult to talk to them about her emotions and feelings. 

Biography:  Val, or Vivi to her friends, was raised on a Pokemon ranch, outside of Greenfield, which her parents and grandparents managed and operated.  From an early age she was taught about the habits of the various Pokemon on the ranch.  She learned how certain types, like fire, loved spicy foods, while other types liked sweet or salty.  She learned what made Pokemon compatible enough to breed, and how to take care of baby Pokemon.

At the age of ten, she traveled to the Kanto region and received her very first Pokemon from, the one-and-only, Professor Oak.  Like many her age, she left Pallet town on her own, with only her Squirtle, and began her Pokemon journey.  She was only several days into her journey when a mike courier caught up with her and brought a letter from home.  The letter informed her that her grandmother had become sick, and her parents were asking her to return home.  She made her way to Saffron City's magnet train station and then traveled back to Goldenrod city.

When Val arrived home she found her grandmother in poor health, however, her grandmother gave Val a Pokemon egg, which she had been planning to give her when Val returned from her adventure, and told her to take care of the egg.  Later that week, her grandmother passed away.

Instead of returning to her Pokemon adventure, Val busied herself with the work around the ranch.  Her Squirtle and her egg, her constant companions, she did her best to pick up the slack and allow her parents, and grandfather, to mourn and deal with the loss.  When asked by her parents if she needed to talk, she told them that she talked to her Squirtle, and that she was "okay".

Time passed, and Val took to training her Squirtle, after her chores were done, out in the old barn.  Since the barn hadn't been used for much of anything, since a new one had been built, she set up an obstacle course for Squirtle, with a target range.  While putting Squirtle through his paces, Val's egg began to glow, then hatched, and Phanpy emerged. 

The next several years passed with Val, Squirtle, and Phanpy working the ranch, training, and playing together.  Often Val thought about what could have been if she had returned to her adventure and how many more Pokemon friends she would have gathered, but her mind always returned to her family and her grandmother, and how, she felt, they needed her at the ranch.

When she heard of the opening of a new region, during a blip on the news, and of how it was speculated that every Pokemon species dwelled there, she began to dream of returning to her short-lived journey and of pursuing her dream to become a Pokemon breeder.  When her parents found a flyer of Tokai region in her room, they decided to encourage Val to go.  After a lot of talk, Val finally decided now was the time, and made the necessary travel arrangements to reach Tokai.

It was during her journey to Tokai, while traveling between Saffron City and Vermilion City, that she was attacked by a Fletchling after she had entered its territory.  Not having seen a Fletchling before, or understanding why it was attacking her, she called upon Squirtle and together they defeated and captured the tiny robin Pokemon. 
      Bag Contents:  1x sleeping bag, 1x small tent, 15x Pokeballs, 5x Potions, some Pokemon food, a water canister with built-in filter, some trainer food, a set of spare clothes, 20 ft length of rope, 2x blank journals, 2x lead pencils, 1x "Pokemon Breeding" reference book, Pokemon hairbrush, her hairbrush, toothbrush, and small toiletry bag.
      Ons/Offs: My O/O's are here (and linked at the bottom of my 1st post every page).
      [/quote]

King Serperior

Okay, I have a bit of a busy morning, but I'll get to the character sheets soon.  Apologies for the delay!

O/O's
      A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

@ AribethAmkiir:

Okay, Valerie is approved!  You may go ahead and post her in the Character Thread and make sure you drop in and say hello in the Out of Character thread!  Chat with the other players!  Also, we do have the In Character thread made, but please do not post there yet.  I still have to finish one more post that will provide more information before it will be open for everyone.

Quote from: Kimera on August 26, 2016, 03:33:18 PM
      So tempted to use Hiruko Kagetane as the avatar for my magician. Looks the part for a ghost trainer as well ^^

While that makes for a good costume, I still would like you to find an actual character image.

@ Aiden:

The character looks good, though the rather scarce nature of the biography is not as preferred for background.  It doesn't leave a lot to go on, honestly, when compared to the biographies of the other characters...

O/O's
      A/A'sMonster Girl Palace