[PF] Ironfang Invasion: Hunted Heroines

Started by 1651Leviathan, August 25, 2017, 12:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

I'd like to play the heavy hitting tank type. Or the archer shooting telephone poles at whole groups of enemies :3

ChaoticSky

*rolls over from the other thread*

Still interested. Will likely have something up this weekend. Why is Brawler banned though?

Snake

Probably because it's a headache to deal with the constant feat-swapping with Martial Versatility.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Snake on August 25, 2017, 04:38:37 PM
Probably because it's a headache to deal with the constant feat-swapping with Martial Versatility.
It really isnt though, having or not having a couple feats for a certain amount of time each day isnt exactly alot of record keeping. Nothing like a Summoner, which needs different sheets for every summon, plus their eidolon and whatever else.

Also, they didnt ban any other class that gets the ability (fighter archtype, and a few others).

1651Leviathan

Blinkin: Drawbacks are fine, so are background skills.

Snake: I don't even want to know what sort of sick cheese you've gotta use to fire telephone poles. Especially since they don't exist. :P

ChaoticSky: It's a conceptual issue for me. Brawlers just seem really silly. I can understand why monks choose to fight unarmed because they are basically magical. But someone who's just strong choosing not to use a weapon for no real reason strikes me as weird. I know, it's an odd reason to dislike the class, but that's the reason!

Edit: Euanthe: I think it's a standard action to use Death's Kiss on an ally. I mean, I can't really think of any other use for it except to use it on an ally to heal them with spontaneous negative energy, so I assume the standard action writing was done around that... If you get into the final party as the healer, maybe we'll talk about making some changes to it, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: 1651Leviathan on August 25, 2017, 04:45:07 PMChaoticSky: It's a conceptual issue for me. Brawlers just seem really silly. I can understand why monks choose to fight unarmed because they are basically magical. But someone who's just strong choosing not to use a weapon for no real reason strikes me as weird. I know, it's an odd reason to dislike the class, but that's the reason!
Fair enough, but on the flipside its hard to get more metal than punching a Dragon so hard it *dies*.  ;D

Miroque

edited for the last time.

1651Leviathan

I've added a list to the bottom of the first post with completed characters. Myranda and Talia are now on it!

Faeli

Posting tenative interest, although I am worried I'll run into the same problem I -always- do:  I'm not a metagamer and will just end up making a character significantly weaker than all these other people throwing around terms I don't even recognize, lol

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Faeli on August 25, 2017, 06:41:08 PM
Posting tenative interest, although I am worried I'll run into the same problem I -always- do:  I'm not a metagamer and will just end up making a character significantly weaker than all these other people throwing around terms I don't even recognize, lol
Join ussss~

1651Leviathan

Don't worry about powergaming. I'm not fond of it myself. I like well-written characters, the mechanical strength being secondary. Besides, I'll be adjusting the power of your adversaries depending on your own strength. Make a weaker character and you'll probably wind up with slightly weaker encounters.

Hobbes1266

Character Sheet

June never knew her biological mother and father, her mother having died in child birth and her father having died while serving the military to earn his family Malthuni citizenship, their home country where both parents had earned their freedom from slavery. June was taken to an orphanage on the day she was born, though she didn't stay long, a couple came to the orphanage several days after and adopted her as their own due to their own inability to have a child and as a political gesture to assist the adoping fathers military and political career. June grew up happily, learning from tutors and her time spent in the families library, fascinated by history, stories and tales of nearly every kind. When she came of age she and her parents had a touching heartfelt departure, providing her with provisions, equipment and a healthy fund to assist in becoming a bard and historian. Junes travels brought her to Nirmathas, seeking more information on the past, and looking to document any history in the making. Running low on supplies and hearing of a market festival, June made her way to the town of Phaendar.

June is a curious and inquisitive girl, always looking for new adventures, though not opposed to taking part in an adventure, she has never actually participated in one, only reading and hearing stories. June is a friendly and sociable girl, she is at her best amongst company. Though June is good at keeping herself entertained, with no way to excersize her mind she is easily bored. June can be judgmental of others, conditioned in her childhood to view her family and her countries culture as superior. June is fairly brave, as many halflings can be, her curiousity likely to overpower fear in many situations.

June is average height for a halfing, of average build, neither thin nor plump, with a feminine curve to her waist and a healthy handful and a half of breast to display on her chest. Her skin has very few markings due to the safety her life had thus far provided. Her features are soft, with warm tones to her light skin. June is well groomed with relatively short, slightly wavey copper hair, her teeth white from maintenance, her cheeks sporting a slight rosey tint, and her eyes grey.

I have many turn ons and a few limits. I like impregnation though I don't know how well that will fit here, submission, collars, public displays, humiliation and I am very, very fond of contests that are either sexual in nature or with sexual consequences. I will not involved snuff and gore with sexual content, I don't like scat, and I will not be involved in pedophilic content that breaks Elliquiy rules (luckily that's already against the rules). Nothing else I can think of off the top of my head.

Hobbes1266

Quote from: 1651Leviathan on August 25, 2017, 07:14:17 PM
Don't worry about powergaming. I'm not fond of it myself. I like well-written characters, the mechanical strength being secondary. Besides, I'll be adjusting the power of your adversaries depending on your own strength. Make a weaker character and you'll probably wind up with slightly weaker encounters.
Besides, losing can be fun too ;D

1651Leviathan

Hobbes: Your fluff looks good, but your point-buy is wildly off. We have 20 points to work with... your total comes out to 6. So buff her up a lot! Try using this point-buy calculator: http://webpages.charter.net/tedsarah/Pathfinder/utilities/pointBuyCalc.htm

Hobbes1266

Quote from: 1651Leviathan on August 25, 2017, 07:57:08 PM
Hobbes: Your fluff looks good, but your point-buy is wildly off. We have 20 points to work with... your total comes out to 6. So buff her up a lot! Try using this point-buy calculator: http://webpages.charter.net/tedsarah/Pathfinder/utilities/pointBuyCalc.htm
Sorry! The way I read it I thought I was doing it correctly.

1651Leviathan

It's quite alright, don't sweat it. It just made me do a double take. Like, "I thought 20 points got you better attributes."

Hobbes1266

It should be fixed now, it's been a while since I've tried out point buy.

1651Leviathan

I think you're still at 15 points. Make sure you're switching your race to Halfling on the calculator, and then looking at the totals on the far right (the Actual Stats) that account for racial modifiers.

That said, I'm gonna add June to the table, because finicky stuff aside, she looks to be done.

Edit: Blinkin: Myranda looks good to me! I'll do a deeper dive on the sheets once I pick the final party, but my preliminary peek is that everything is solid.

Hobbes1266

I accidentally wrote down the charisma incorrectly, didn't have the racial bonus, I had the calculations right though.

euanthe

Also, we can support you in this! (Ah, providing this is not stepping on Leviathan's toes - tweaking the Leviathan's tail?) Being overshadowed by the rest of the party isn't great (she says, pressing her helpless trembling self to the impressive chest of the barbarian who's just rescued her from slavery... mmm... yum...). But it is even worse to feel like you're letting the party down somehow.

I think there are really just a few bad implementations scattered throughout Pathfinder, and so long as (we help) you avoid them you'll be fine. Perhaps more commonly some classes can be complex, and that can make deciding on what to do in each post, combat round or situation frustrating. Did you have a character concept, may we ask?

Petrus02

sneaking in from the other thread^^

I'm still interested, and have a rough character concept. i don't have the time to fully write it out yet, but will add to it this evening.

Silent Stalker

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1313901

Background and personality: Silent Stalker is the lone survivor of a small elven village, refugees from kyonin, which was put to the torch by the Ironfang Legion. Forced to fend for herself from a very young age, she became attuned to the land, and learned how to survive on her own. As a result, she is now quite feral, and prone to follow her instincts more than what her head tells her, although she does possess a quite sharp mind. She has lost the memory of here true name, and people have taken to call her silent stalker, because she rarely speaks to anyone more than she absolutely has to. Shes known for her fierce hatred of Hobgoblins.

Appearance:
Picture
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

description: mud covered, scarred, and always unkempt, silent stalker is not a beautiful sight. But if one were to look beneath the hardened shell, he would find a comely girl with small but firm breasts and a strong, and for an elf quite durable body.She has pitch black eyes, a sign for distant fey origins maybe, and brown,unkempt hair that reaches down to her shoulders. Silent Stalker has taken to wear only the pelt of her most recent prey, sometimes self- tanned, sometimes raw and a very short skirt made of plant fibre, feathers or rarely some simple cloth she got by trade.

A word on the slot:
She could work as the meelee frontliner, being an ac tank and once wild shape comes online a good damage dealer too, or use up an wild card slot to bring a lot of utility to the table. she can work as a scout or as a support caster if needed, but cannot do more then support healing, no chance to be a primary healer.

Ons(in descending order): Humilation, non-con,exhibitionism, tentacle rape,pregnancy risk, bestiality
Offs(same): Toilet play, heavy vore/gore

1651Leviathan

Quote from: euanthe on August 26, 2017, 02:26:00 AM
Also, we can support you in this! (Ah, providing this is not stepping on Leviathan's toes - tweaking the Leviathan's tail?) Being overshadowed by the rest of the party isn't great (she says, pressing her helpless trembling self to the impressive chest of the barbarian who's just rescued her from slavery... mmm... yum...). But it is even worse to feel like you're letting the party down somehow.

I think there are really just a few bad implementations scattered throughout Pathfinder, and so long as (we help) you avoid them you'll be fine. Perhaps more commonly some classes can be complex, and that can make deciding on what to do in each post, combat round or situation frustrating. Did you have a character concept, may we ask?

I think this is solid advice. Pick a fairly simple class if that helps. There are also plenty of guides out there for building an effective character. Or you can shoot me a PM!

Petrus02: I'd like the backstory and personality in separate sections, please! Once you've done that and given me your post rate, then I can add Silent Stalker to the table.

Hexed

So... I'm being a little indecisive about class.

Looking at Witch, shaman, oracle. And just flat out can't make up my mind. Any suggestions from the rest of ya?

All three should let me switch roles as needed although only oracle doesn't need to set casting lists each day.

1651Leviathan

Quote from: Hexed on August 26, 2017, 09:48:05 AM
So... I'm being a little indecisive about class.

Looking at Witch, shaman, oracle. And just flat out can't make up my mind. Any suggestions from the rest of ya?

All three should let me switch roles as needed although only oracle doesn't need to set casting lists each day.

I'm assuming it's the same character concept no matter which class you go with. At least, they all seem like they'd lend themselves to the same character idea.

If that's the case, I'd love to see the fluff first, so I can give some guidance! That said, other players may have good advice too based on what they're trying to submit.

Hexed

The fluff actually changes quite a bit based on the class as those three classes can be completely different based on your patron/spirit/mystery selected. :D

For instance Shaman I'm looking at the heaven and nature spirits while oracle is apocalypse or dark tapestry mystery.

Two of those choices would have her fluffed as a star listener (Heaven, dark tapestry), one would make her a druid lite (Nature), while the last is probably some sort of curse (Apocalypse). :D

They also work on different mental stats that would effect her behaviour.

That said... It's a level 1 start so no big adventures or fights in her background.  A farmer's daughter that stumbles upon something she possibly shouldn't have one night in the woods while seeking a lost animal(Not sure where as Fangwood fits but is quite dangerous).

I'm also looking at the frontier healer trait and alchemy or profession herbology to make her a partially self-taught wound tender.

<.<  >.>

Yes. I get mechanic skeleton before delving into fluff to far. I've had way to many characters blow up trying to fit mechanics to pre-done fluff. :(