A handful of characters looking for a home

Started by Jeramiahh, October 03, 2007, 03:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeramiahh

I'm sitting here at 3 in the morning, looking at the clock and thinking, "Y'know, I ought to be asleep now." Then I think, "Sleep can wait. I want to game." And then I realize all my games are posted in, and noone's online. This makes me sad.

So, what I'm looking for is a night owl, like myself, or one of you non-Americans who's around at this hour, to start up a little game with me. See, one problem I have is, I tend to have a lot of really good story ideas, so I end up DMing games. A lot. Like, I have 2 active characters of my own, and about a half-dozen games where I'm DM.

So, ultimately, I'm looking for someone to take one of the characters I've had bouncing in my head and give them a good home, preferably a system game, though not needed, and definitely fantasy.

Kai - The Man of a Thousand Faces: A true defender of the wild, Kai is a being who, though mastery of the natural magics of the world, has gained perfect control over the form it assumes. Able to change not just appearance, but species and gender, as easily as we might change clothes, Kai has long forgotten who it originally was; no longer possessing an 'original' form, it has become quite reclusive, defending the forest that is its home.

I've already run a bit of a game with Kai, though, unfortunately, it died quite a while ago, though the character still calls to me. Mechanically, the character is based off of the "Master of Many Forms" prestige class from D&D.

Daminor Southwind - The Paranoid Champion: After the mysterious murder of his father, Daminor set out to investigate, with vengeance on his mind. No one knows what, exactly, he found, but he claims it to be a massive conspiracy, covering every inch of the government, penetrating every aspect of society. Thoroughly convinced that this shadowy group wants him dead, he has dedicated himself to perfect defense, with a zeal driven by his rabid paranoia, always watching over his shoulder, never quite trusting of everyone, never removing all of his armor.

Again, another character I've brought up in a game, one who I've had a lot of fun tinkering with, and I'd ove to see him in action again.

? - Tempest of the Red Sands: This character is still more of a concept than anything else, but I've been looking into the Tome of Battle supplement for D&D, and, I have to admit, it's a very powerful tool for making a fighter type. This character's more of "I have a cool idea for a build, now I need an excuse to finish it." Also, by far, the most flexible character; no set name, gender, race, or background.

I have a couple of other characters that refuse to keep quiet (like that bard idea that won't go away), so if you have a good story in need of an odd character to fill it, please, lemme know. Please note; I'm NOT looking to join a group game. I'm looking for a (preferably late night) frequently posting one-on-one, and one I'm not in charge of, for a change.

Thanks for reading, and good night! (Or morning, or perhaps even afternoon or evening, depending on where you live and when you read this.)
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.