Raven's Nest - RP ideas and general "looking for..."

Started by Raven Rawne, November 18, 2018, 11:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Rawne

Hello and welcome to my thread, where I shall place the results of my daydreaming story musings, RP cravings and shout out the general openness to do more roleplays.

For the breakdown of what one might expect of me, I encourage checking my OO's for the general idea. Please consider it as a base for what I can do, but not a definite and complete picture. If the story seems worth trying something outside of my established likes, I just might consider trying! Also, when in doubt, ask. I would also wish to point out that writer gender and character gender of my co-writers doesn't have to match -  I see no reason to bar anyone from playing any kind of character they wish to if they say they can pull them off well enough.

Currently I am engaged in just a few roleplays, and I can accommodate several more - either by thread or PM, though thread is preferred. On average I will deliver at least one post per week, usually more but if I do think I will drop below that, I will notify my partners of that. Also, if an interested party prefers a slower rate, I'm quite okay with it, though I would prefer to be informed and not slower than one per month, please.

My most successful roleplays tend to be a result of creative brainstorming rather than one party accepting a premade scenario. For some reason, namely my way of thinking, I find that just a little creative back and forth allows me to build coherent, complete and if I may say so, interesting plots and characters. All I need is the first spark to start going. Now onto the important things, aye? I play freeform, since, quite frankly, I haven't had the opportunity to try any systems yet. I'm open to broadening my horizons though. Thankfully I am more open to settings and genres, as mentioned in my preferences, even if I lean towards fiction rather than present day real life setting. Also, I can do 1x1 or small group plays.

That being said, if you, dear reader, find that you might wish to whip up a roleplay with me, I implore you to use the arcane powers of the PM to contact me.

On a closing note, I would encourage any potential partners to just shoot with their own ideas, or a twist on mine. I may and probably will come up with clearly defined roleplay scenarios sooner or later, which will be added here, but I genuinely feel like brainstorming adds a new layer of enjoyment to the creative process.

Canons and fandoms I may write in:

- Warhammer 40k;
- Warhammer FB (before Age of Sigmar);
- Star Trek;
- NieR:Automata;
- Witcher;
- My Little Pony.

Current story ideas:

Wild Card!

Literally that, I have a face claim and a dream. MxM furry or furryXhuman/other story, where I get to write a zebra stallion who gets intimate with another male. Preferably story based with smut, like, 50/50? Face claim NSFW!

Arachno... it's complicated

Setting: Fantasy, high or low. A story of adventuring mostly. Intended for human, or perhaps furry/other characters.

Premise: An old keep overlooks the valley below, sitting atop a rocky hill that juts out of a larger mountain range. The locals give it a wide berch and pray before travelling the road near it. It is rumored that it holds treasure of a warlord of times passed, one of the inner circle of a king who used to rule this land. His name forgotten and the kingdom long gone, the faint memory lingers in campfire tales. What is certain is that the keep, though ruined, it's walls crumbling a little more with each Winter, is not abandoned. Any would be adventurer finds it home to monstrous creatures, though few who dare to go, come back to tell the tale. Inevitably, various would be heroes do try to take the rumored treasure and vanquish the evil that lurks within. One fateful day, a new challenger encroaches on the dark keep, and their life is changed by what they find within!

Further details: This story is centered around the playable characters knowing each other from prior encounters. The level of bond is up for debate. The hero enters the keep and slay a couple monsters, before delving into the dark ruin, searching for the treasure. He finds no gold, but there is a shield on display. Just as they are about to take it, they are stopped by another monster approaching. In this case, MC, Millicent (details below). The hero learns of a curse and how their seemingly lost friend/aquaintance ended up a guardian of the shield, cursed by it's power. Possible plot may include trying to lift the curse, trying to destroy the shield, trying to be heroes when one of them makes ordinary folks tremble while they hold their rusty pitchforks for dear life.

Detective Journalism and the pressure of the Press

Setting: Victorian-esque, or Steampunk urban mystery with a side of Gothic Horror. Intended for human, or perhaps furry/other characters.

Premise: The city is teeming with life and hope is in the air. For better future, promised by the rapid progress of Science and technology. For making life easier, diseases less harmful and so on and so forth. She's a freelance journalist, specializing in cracking down on corruption, power abuse, and exposing various misdeeds that ran afoul just out of sight on every street corner. The interesting twist is that she's a whistleblower... for hire. Perhaps that's the main reason why she's still publishing, having caused so much grief to big fish in this pond. Some would point at what would seem like a pattern in her stories, how she seemingly doesn't see some things going on. There's a price for staying afloat, and she's not particularly bothered.
One day, a note comes in, like many times before. A cue, anonymous, pointing her attention to some particular project. That's the starting point of the roleplay. She will investigate, find new allies and enemies, and just might thwart a plot that aims to turn the city upside down...

Further details: I aim to write a single woman, with somewhat mysterious past. She's guarded and rather jaded, being exposed to negativity all the time because of her career choice. In order to limit her vulnerability, she works alone, and I envision that she would accept assistance, even though reluctantly, once she realize this is not the usual corporate scandal she's onto. Expect lots of breaking and entering, dinners with dangerous people and an occasional firefight. Think Sherlock Holes films with Robert Downey Jr, or such areas.

Characters, tested in writing and retained for further use:

Jasmine Cinders

Species: Human, can be written as a furry with equal ease.

Personality: First and foremost, don't call her Jasmine if you value your safety. She hates being called by her first name. She's strict, formal, hung up on ideas of duty and such. Which are good traits for a Police officer, or simillar - depends on the setting. A career law keeper, she hates breaking the rules (unless she breaks them to make the rule breakers feel special in her custody) and doesn't hold back her opinions on it. From crossing the red light when there's no traffic, all the way to serious crime. If there's a law being broken, she wants justice for it! Certainly, some harsh handling of criminals ensues when they aggrevate her, but she is no vigilante with a badge. While her line of work seems to be her whole life, Cinders can be less of a hardass around those she trusts and/or respects, loosening up a little and showing that she's quite loyal and supportive, in her own way.

Special kinks?: To put it simple, she's in charge. There's no secret vulnerability or wish to submit in here, she's a bitch and she knows it. Topping with a strapon is also a thing with her.

Millicent

Species: A monster girl, of the Arachne variety. See "Rachnera Arachnera from Monster Musune" for reference, though she has some alterations - for once her human upper body is nested into the spider lower half like a centaur, at the hips. She sports a black carapace with a blueish tint, and a purple hourglass mark instead of a skull. Pale skinned with jet black hair, her six crimson eyes have that predatory gleam to them.

Personality: Highly intelligent, viciously individualistic, and rather cold. She is, however, loyal with equal viciousness, to those who she considers worth it. Much of her character depends on the setting, however she will usually act a bit domineering, using her prodigious size and predatory look for emphasis. However, she is not a brute, but a refined ambush predator, enjoying wordplay and humor, even if mostly the gallows variety.

Special kinks?: Breastplay of all kinds, them being her most sensitive part and readily accessible too. Lactation is also on the table.

Anima

Species: AI, housed in a robotic body.

Personality: She is a curious AI, civil and cooperative. Acts feminine as well, according to her programming she mimics common female body language. Her face is a blank mask, but she has a distinct, female voice with a hint of a British accent. A prototype, gifted with programming that allows her to learn, her sole purpose is becoming humanlike in every capacity. Naturally, the setting will dictate how she fares in the world.

Special kinks?: Not really, she's a robot, and asexual as well. She may know what is sex, depending on the setting, but she probably wouldn't be interested in partaking.

Raven Rawne

Overall remake of the request thread. Added two concrete plots, as well as characters who I would enjoy wtiring some more.

Raven Rawne

Indistinct, ominous chanting

Rise, my thread! Redid the whole thing, took off the cobwebs and added new plot ideas, along with a random wild card I have no idea what to do with yet, but I am eager to write it.