Sci-Fi Fan for Survival Adventure & Romance (seeking M)

Started by inkwren, October 23, 2018, 06:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkwren

I have a character I need to get on paper.

Sarah Coalman is just the daughter of a blue collar miner who's lived her whole life on the Obsidianite Moon.

Victor Weng is the eccentric and brilliant CEO of Galactix Rocketry whose struggling company has just invented a way to travel to a new galaxy. To fund the trip, he opens a lotto. One lucky ordinary person will join the crew on this incredible journey.

Little does anyone know that soon, that one lucky winner and YC will be the only survivors stranded in another galaxy on a strange and hostile planet.

YC will be a member of the crew. All I ask is that he be older as I am wanting a May/November romance. The rest of the details of the world and what causes their situation is up to our collective imagination.

CuriousVagrant

This looks like it's a story with a lot of potential for drama, romance and even action if that's where you want to take it. I'm new here, and still unapproved, but I like to think that I can weave a decent story. If you don't mind the newb, should I just jot my idea and see if you like it?
Status: Life Sucks Sometimes. I'm here, but expect slow posting.
On/Off
Current Threads: New Horizons, Unexpected Love

inkwren

Quote from: CuriousVagrant on October 24, 2018, 03:47:04 AM
This looks like it's a story with a lot of potential for drama, romance and even action if that's where you want to take it. I'm new here, and still unapproved, but I like to think that I can weave a decent story. If you don't mind the newb, should I just jot my idea and see if you like it?

I would love to hear your idea for your character! Lay it on me!

inkwren

Quote from: CuriousVagrant on October 24, 2018, 03:47:04 AM

I should warn you as you may be unable to view profiles. I don't write smut any more. So if you like smutty stuff in the romance, it won't work for me. Let me know if you are still interested. And either way, enjoy E! It's a great place.

CuriousVagrant

Alrighty then. Here's a quick blurb. Oh, and this is in the non-adult section, so I figured as much. I didn't join necessarily for smut, as I'm a writer and storyteller first. I joined this site so the option is there, if a story heads there naturally, though not in this section . You can go read my intro if you like (though maybe you already did?), I put a decent amount of info there. :)

Leon McBride has lived a hard fifty-four years, and his visage is rough as a result. His short, shaggy used to the color of loam, though these days it's more gray than brown and the same is true for his short, trimmed beard. His face is tan and weathered, showing the wrinkles that come from both age and abuse. His piercing blue eyes are the only part that even resemble youth, as they are now filled with passion and appreciation for every little thing he has. His height is just above average, an inch shy of six feet, and the way he holds himself seems to change with the mood. When he feels proud, he can display a military bearing that makes him seem larger, but he's also known to shrink away when he gets depressed. His wiry muscles show a bit of age, but he's still reasonably well built, though at a hundred and thirty five pounds, he close to being too slight.

He was born on the moon to a very normal, middle-class family. His life was easy enough, though he was prone to laziness in his youth. And that nature ensured that he didn't have the mindset or skills to find a good job after graduation. So he found himself in the military, in the fashion of strong and aimless youth. But he wasn't prepared for the realities of what that lifestyle would bring, though he made it through alive but not untouched.

His life after service was rough, as his experiences left him in shambles. He turned to drink and drugs just to get through each day. Yet, unbeknownst to him, that self medication only made things worse and his broken pieces were shattered even further by poverty and homelessness. But that changed when he was in his early forties, when a simple kind action changed his life. A young man, whose name he was never told, gave him the time of day. And they talked a bit about life and how reality sucks. And when that young man left him on the streets, he was reminded of who he used to be.

Spurred on by those thoughts and memories, Leon took action. It went slowly over the first few years, living a small life out of a homeless shelter and participating in AA and rehab, but he made steady progress. He got a job as a mechanic's helper where he learned the skills of the trade and he was finally able to afford a home. It was just a hovel, but it was leagues better than the gutter. And then he caught the attention of Victor Weng, who hired him to work on his new shuttles, at a price that most mechanics wouldn't deign to work for.
On/Off

inkwren

I like him!

Let me give you a bit of a bio about my character.

Sarah Coalman grew up on Obsidian Moon 6 in a mining colony that supplied the plentiful but essential mineral from which everything from simply gears to intricate motherboards were made.

Her mother died when she was only three, and she has no real memory of her. Abigail had been from one of the JumPort space stations which served the Milky Way as ports for the transport of colonists to fresh produce. She had been from an educated family and was trained as a teacher. She had met Sarah's father when he had accompanied one of the shipments of ore to the station. Much to her family's distress, she had married him not long after and moved to the moon colony to serve as a Basic Ed tutor to the few children who lived there.

Her father had kept all her mother's books and home taught Sarah as best as he was able. She is very well educated considering her situation. Fiercely loyal, she refuses to leave her father's side, though he longs for her to leave the colony and have a chance at a better life. She is the spitting image of her mother with nut brown hair and hazel eyes. While not considered a beauty, she has a wholesomeness of look and manner that is appealing. She is exceedingly shy, but with a stubborn streak a mile wide. At only 5'3", her soft curves hide the strength that life on the colony demands.

--There is one other aspect to the tale, I have in my head that is important to me with this tale. Due to the publicity which comes about from this wild idea of the lotto and this journey to another galaxy, Sarah becomes the "face" of the whole endeavour. Her v-log is watched by billions all over the Milky Way. All members of the crew have to keep them for the company, but hers are broadcast.

I would like to have some of the roleplay be through these v-logs, particularly hers at first. Perhaps he watches them? A guilty pleasure? A requirement as one of the crew? Maybe he "gets to know" her before she really has the chance to know him. I think it would be cool if there's enough that survives the wreckage that they both keep doing their v-logs, but what they don't realize is that the messages are still getting home and stirring the human race into a new Renaissance.

CuriousVagrant

Looks good. And I like the idea of the logs being a part of the story. I think that perhaps one of the other crew members of the ship would have shown him, and he started watching on his own. I was also playing with the idea of reluctance in the romance - he doesn't think he's good enough for her, both for his age and his history. And he would feel protective of her. Perhaps there could be some stuff relating to nightmares. Perhaps he thrashes in his sleep, and she finds out that when she touches/cuddles, he seems to calm down or something like that.
On/Off

inkwren

Quote from: CuriousVagrant on October 25, 2018, 07:19:57 PM
Looks good. And I like the idea of the logs being a part of the story. I think that perhaps one of the other crew members of the ship would have shown him, and he started watching on his own. I was also playing with the idea of reluctance in the romance - he doesn't think he's good enough for her, both for his age and his history. And he would feel protective of her. Perhaps there could be some stuff relating to nightmares. Perhaps he thrashes in his sleep, and she finds out that when she touches/cuddles, he seems to calm down or something like that.

Nods* That sounds great about the reluctance. I am very interested in the slow burn. I want there to be time for the survival story. Gilligan's Island with more depth! LOL

How are you liking the site so far?

CuriousVagrant

It's been fun. Playing around with story ideas, and the introduction thread is an interesting thing. I've also been playing word games, and that's fun.
On/Off

inkwren

Quote from: CuriousVagrant on October 25, 2018, 09:38:15 PM
It's been fun. Playing around with story ideas, and the introduction thread is an interesting thing. I've also been playing word games, and that's fun.

Yeah folks are pretty great here. I hope you get your approval soon!

CuriousVagrant

Thanks. I hope I get it too, but I've been having enough fun without it as well, so it would be more of a nice cherry on top.

Did you want to wait and see if anyone else is interested in this, or would you rather work out other details of the world/setting/etc.? Also, how does the approval system work in these threads?
On/Off

inkwren

Quote from: CuriousVagrant on October 25, 2018, 10:22:54 PM
Thanks. I hope I get it too, but I've been having enough fun without it as well, so it would be more of a nice cherry on top.

Did you want to wait and see if anyone else is interested in this, or would you rather work out other details of the world/setting/etc.? Also, how does the approval system work in these threads?

Shall I post first?

CuriousVagrant

On/Off

inkwren

Sorry my post was so late. I had nearly finished it for earlier in the evening. But somehow I don't know how I lost it. One second I was busy typing the next second the screen flickered and my text was all gone.

So here it is the second time I hope you like it.

CuriousVagrant

No need to apologize. Life is life, and I won't start worrying after just a day. :)
On/Off

inkwren

And the typos! OMG! I used my phone's voice to text because I'd already gone to bed and was too lazy to go back out and get my laptop. I will not make that choice again. LOL

I can tell you that I do not like making so many mistakes. I shall probably go in and edit it tomorrow from my computer. 🙂

CuriousVagrant

I thought that was probably the case, but it was still good enough to imagine things. I placed them close enough to talk for the launch, if that's alright with you. :)
On/Off

inkwren

Haven't vanished. Will be free to post tomorrow night! Hope you had a decent Monday.