"Old-School" Romance (F looking for either M/F)

Started by Reia, April 03, 2011, 05:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reia

I'm waiting for my application to be approved and in the meantime, I thought it'd be fun to start-up a role-play. Depending on how things works, I'd love to keep it going as long as possible.

What I'm looking for is an "old-school" romance of sorts (courting, outings, engagement, etc) and definitely keeping it light and barely even PG-13. I don't mind if my partner's character is male or female (mine will most likely be female). I have an idea of it taking place in a futuristic fantasy world, but am open to anything really. I'd love to talk plot & world building with whoever is interested as well.
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Pandoras Kitten

Dear Reia,

If you would consider a fellow uninitiated for a companion, I would be most flattered and would gladly place myself at your service.

I can amuse, advice, tell tall tales as you see fit - I am equally adaptable to mundane or fantasy/sci-fi worlds, whatever catches your fancy.

So, tell me what you wish of me, and I shall comply :3

Reia

I certainly don't mind that you're a newcomer as well. :D It'll be a good way for us to stretch our wings a bit.

I have a couple ideas, but I'll have to type them up during my lunch break tomorrow. (Almost bed time for me here, I hate early mornings >_>) And yay for being up to doing a fantasy world - I had something set in the future in mind.

Have you got any ideas? I'd love to brainstorm and have both of us work something out.
[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Pandoras Kitten

Thank you for your reply, it's comforting to share a similar level of newness, as well :)

A fantasy world that's not-so-serious for starters, would be nice. I mean, it must be fantastic and mysterious to spur our creativity yes, but we need not go into so much detail in our first, character-focussed entries. Just let it grow naturally, I'm sure we'll get some decent momentum soon enough!

In a freeform 'creativity driven' environment where basic magic meets near-future sci fi, our characters have all the possible fantasy roleplay options available to them and we can develop them in any direction we see fit... but fantasy influence is low enough that personality still plays an important role.

What do you think?

Reia

Quote from: Pandoras Kitten on April 05, 2011, 06:01:54 AM
A fantasy world that's not-so-serious for starters, would be nice. I mean, it must be fantastic and mysterious to spur our creativity yes, but we need not go into so much detail in our first, character-focussed entries. Just let it grow naturally, I'm sure we'll get some decent momentum soon enough!

In a freeform 'creativity driven' environment where basic magic meets near-future sci fi, our characters have all the possible fantasy roleplay options available to them and we can develop them in any direction we see fit... but fantasy influence is low enough that personality still plays an important role.

That's pretty much what I had in mind - the basic magic meets near-future sci fi is perfect. And I agree with everything else, build the world as we go along and just see where it goes from there. That way, as you said, we'll be able to focus on our characters and not get so caught up in other things.

I was also thinking of having a Victorian/Edwardian type of society - especially with the stiffness of the mid-upper class folk. Very set on decorum and how things should be done, etc.

I've also some ideas on my character, been sketching them out on bus & train rides home. :p She'll be a girl from an upper class family, rich enough to be somewhat of a blip, but not too rich. She's the eldest of two, the younger being her brother. Interestingly enough, she's working out to be slightly naïve, but with a fierce passion for knowledge. That's about it - other little details (looks, full personality, family, etc) I'm still working on. And a name! I'm terrible at names. >_<
[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Pandoras Kitten

Oh lovely, I see the talents of a writer and an artist brewing, Reia, I'd love to hear more about your character and her world in due course :)

I would probably enjoy playing the role of a typical dainty Victorian gentleman who replies to the droll, slate-grey working world of the early Industrial Revolution with a dash of old world charm.

"Let everyone be droll, for I'll just sell caricatures of them in the Times!"

(As opposed to posting them on YouTube) :D

Reia

Hello again! Sorry for the late reply - the past few days have been hectic, at best. *cracks knuckles* Now, where were we?

I love the idea of a dainty Victorian gentleman! It'd certainly be fun for him to try to handle a girl like my character (no name yet!) who is quite fiery - not one of the quiet girls, for sure.

And my sketches are more along the lines of me imagining what she may act like, nothing full out. I'm not that great a people-drawer, sadly. :p Have a few more ideas and hope to get a chance to write them all down later today.
[tr][td]

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]