"Roses for Desedemona" -- Spree killers seek M/F victims

Started by Manoir, December 09, 2010, 05:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manoir

Solstice Inception  ==>Click this link to go to the new OOC thread, please<==   

Your choice, R&J is fine too, climaxing in a hard-edged suicide, but Othello has the additional parallel themes to our story of an innocent victim, jealousy and betrayal. For a brief, painless, eloquent summary, check this, and for graphics see this Google image search for Othello Desdemona.

rpgirl85

i went through the summary and i think there was a local film made that i watched that was based on this story...so Othello is cool with me..
so the basic premise is that my char is a broad way star playing Desdemona in the play..while Numenor plays my real life husband...ivygrowth could be a young actress playing either Emilia or Bianca...

rpgirl85

- a rough char sheet -
Name: Clarissa Allen

History: Clarissa was born in an elite family of New York. She was well pampered with luxuries and comforts early on in her life. Clarissa was the darling of her parents’ eyes. She was a bright student in high school and always showed an inclination towards theater and acting. So it was no surprise that she went on to attend one of the most prestigious schools of acting and then went on to become a broad way prodigy in only a few years time. Her family’s social status and her father’s expert skills made sure that Clarissa had pretty much a smooth road to success.

Personality: Clarissa always had it easy in her life. This led to her developing quiet a snobbish personality towards people belonging to the lower strata of the society. Clarissa always wanted the finest for herself, the finest silken gowns, the finest accessories, the finest shoes, the finest things for her house. She mostly spent her free time socializing among the elites.

rpgirl85

tell me how you like the above..i could develop it more once we work out more about her married life...and will also look for some appropriate pic for her appearance.

Manoir

rpgirl: Yes, love it so far! As a small-town ingenue, Ivygrowth's character would not be treated well by cosmopolitan Clarissa, exacerbating her jealousy. She might also come on to Clarissa's husband.

Clarissa in turn, as product of her sheltered upbringing, might experience a fatal fascination with the crude but dynamic couple Angie and Will, so that she reluctantly and condescendingly gives in to her understudy's invitation to a night out for the three couples, but then, enchanted with Will and Angie, turns eager to yield to their transgressive seductions.

While it's Ivygrowth's decision, I also like the idea of her as-yet-unnamed character being both understudy to Clarissa's lead role and having a supporting role of her own, probably Emilia, since she dies too in the last act, stabbed by Iago for revealing his deception that led to the tragedy. 

Le Immortelle

Ivygrowth, I love the picture you've used for the character, it's so hot! :D

And I most certainly like the idea of this working as a branch-off from our solo RP Manoir!

Númenor

Hey, sorry, uni all day, administration papers up to the arse... but yeah... anyway!

rpgirl, that sounds ideal, a couple meeting a rather unenviable fate... I only skimmed through the new posts to see if anyone else had filled the role, so I'll go back, read through, and if I have time (tutoring tonight!) I'll start on a character.

OK, some of the basic ideas-

Name: Robert Allen

Initial thoughts about this guy? If he's married to Clarissa he's got to be rich enough to provide for her, either by building himself up through business, or simply getting lucky with his folks. I'm leanking more towards the former- a middle class kid who was made a few smart decisions and was able to earn enough to make him stand out just that little bit more. Clarissa may not like the fact he was born to a lower class, but Will's more than happy to spend a fortune on her, and as long as he does that she'll be happy and 'overlook' that fact. Business wise, he could be the boss of his own company, or something that earns him enough to fuel Clarissa's lifestyle.

Personality wise, I imagined kinda laid back, not as snooty as his wife, and potentially uncomfortable about her posher friends. Still, for all of his wife's flaws he still loves her dearly, as evidenced by the fact he spends three or four times as much on her than himself, possibly more. He's by no means perfect, however- he's just an average smart guy, subject to lust, desire, anger, resentment, all things that humans experience at some stage or another. Overall though, he's not particularly enthusiastic about anything, happy to work a decent job with good pay, and provide for his lovely wife whenether possible. Any of life's pleasures are just extra bonus'.

I whipped this together quickly, so I'll need to add some more later- I thought you might like to throw in some input whilst I'm out!

Manoir

Numenor: No one else has filled the role. Glad to have you on board and look forward to your character development.
Amazon: Great! I've been eager to hear back from you on this, and am likewise delighted our solo has branched into this more elaborate form so naturally, and already with such promising premises and personnel!

elfguy

My FBI Agent by the way will be Zoey. As for the backstory I don't mind, either she already is on their tracks on she hears of something going on at the beginning of the story and goes to investigate.

----

Manoir

Numenor -- Good character, seems like he might either instinctively like or instinctively be suspicious of Will and Angie, maybe a mix of both, as his class (lower) is nearer theirs (outlaw) than most of the others. He might also share some resentments with Ivygrowth's understudy character which would make him susceptible to her seductions or at least sympathetic to her. My only concern is his name's too much like Will's -- who's not named William; that's his full name -- though maybe different enough. What do you think?
elfguy -- Will and Angie don't have tandem tracks, as they've just got together. If by "I don't mind," you mean you don't care about the procedural angle, are you then asking to be supplied with one, or saying you want to ignore that entire plot element?  In either case, would you object to looking at the first two posts of the existing background solo and considering what crime mentioned there might draw Zoey in, and perhaps how it did so?

There's also the option of your using a much larger crime down the road -- i.e., already carried out relative to our group narrative but not yet written in the solo -- a no-witness massacre of three men and two women at a stash house in Wheeling, West Virginia where they took off Will's employer, Lester "the Molester" Scroad, for a trunk of money, drugs and transaction records that enables their high New York lifestyle and, via the threat of revealing the records, makes them currently immune to Scroad's retribution. This event would've been "cleaned" and wouldn't have made the papers or been otherwise officially reported, and Zoey'd have to have got wind of it through underground sources. Maybe some criminal type was scared terrorists did it....

elfguy

We can use the crime in that thread for Zoey to get interested in them sure, it could also be that she's pursuing just one of them. Either way the fun will begin when she tries to get near, suspicious, and try to catch them in the act, only to be outsmarted by them.
----

Númenor

QuoteMy only concern is his name's too much like Will's -- who's not named William; that's his full name -- though maybe different enough. What do you think?

Sure, I can change his name to something else. I tend to name my male characters after myself, but it's not a rule set in stone! Perhaps Robert would be better... I'll update Mr. Allen's profile soon with the extra info and name change.

-Problem solved-

Manoir

Numenor: Thanks, I understand how the image works now, put up a slightly smaller one.  Also appreciate the name change!

ivygrowth

We can call her Kate, and I'll try to work up a bit more of a description later today.  I'm fine with her being the understudy. 

Manoir

Hi Ivygrowth, Kate it is! Look forward to your character details, and anything else that occurs to you.

ivygrowth

Okay:

Kate Hatcher

Kate recently moved to NYC from the mid-west with the desire to be a famous actress.  Although her only previous experience was in local productions and high school plays, she quickly found a few small roles.  Now nearing twenty, she has gotten a small role in Othello, and her position as an understudy.  Still, it isn't enough.  She wants to be famous, she wants the lead, and will do nearly anything to get it. 

To those that can help her, Kate is charming and friendly.  To the competition, she is a bitch, a backstabber, and generally unpleasant.  She doesn't mind stepping on people on her way to the top, and isn't above sabotaging them. 

I'm not sure what else to add, most anything else could come up during writing.

rpgirl85

Name: Clarissa Allen
Appearance:

History: Clarissa was born in an   elite family of New York. She was well pampered with luxuries and   comforts early on in her life. Clarissa was the darling of her parents’   eyes. She was a bright student in high school and always showed an   inclination towards theater and acting. So it was no surprise that she   went on to attend one of the most prestigious schools of acting and then   went on to become a broad way prodigy in only a few years time. Her   family’s social status and her father’s expert skills made sure that   Clarissa had pretty much a smooth road to success.

Personality:   Clarissa always had it easy in her life. This led to her developing   quiet a snobbish personality towards people belonging to the lower   strata of the society. Clarissa always wanted the finest for herself,   the finest silken gowns, the finest accessories, the finest shoes, the   finest things for her house. She mostly spent her free time socializing   among the elites.

Relationship with Robert: Clarissa met Robert a few years ago in an upper class New York gathering and was immediately impressed by his personality. She liked the way how he had climbed his way up the ladder to be where he was today. Though it bothered her somewhat that Robert wasn't a born elite, but still he took great care of her and always supported her and that what kept her very happy in their marriage.

Manoir

Will Sicari
Late-70's home-birthed in a bloody, paternally-performed cesarean to a Nazi fundamentalist father and a butchered mother, Will Sicari was named by his surviving parent after that quality of human intention celebrated in the title of Leni Riefenstahl's "Triumph of the Will," a 1938 film celebration of Hitler's Thousand-Year Pipe-Dream.

Will barely survived upbringing in the foothills of Wyoming's Wind River Range, where he was more trained than raised to soldier in a non-existent Wehrmacht, in what his bat-crazy survivalist father imagined would be the American War of Secession in formation of the Fourth Reich.

But by his early teens he cast aside his father's political and religious delusions, replaced them with penchants for profitable violence and violent women, and drifted south and west to become first muscle in the Southern California white-powder drug trade, and then -- after a cocaine arrest that made him choose between military service and life in a penitentiary -- as a solo black ops assassin in Taliban-run Balochistan, where after a stint of wild killing on and off command, he ingratiated himself with a Mahdi-Baloch warlord, who briefly and disastrously treated him like a son.

At that point, Will settled down to buy a Kurdish wife, learn Pashto, language of the local drug trade, and establish heroin contacts that, upon his honorable discharge, garnered him a high position in the criminal organization of Lester "the MoLester" Scroad, whose influence ran narcotics, prostitution and gambling for the Pittsburgh-Youngstown-Wheeling tri-state axis of southwestern Pennsylvania, southeastern Ohio and northern West Virginia, where for nearly a decade Will's been a skilled administrator, feared enforcer and Scroad's chief assassin.

Always an avid reader, he's had his literary tastes take a mystical turn over the past year, and parallel enchantments with Nietzsche, Buddhist logic and the novels of Doris Lessing have resulted in a growing conviction that he must seek a higher destiny as an instrument of fate, needing only the right partner -- handily arrived in the seductively bloodthirsty visitation of Angie Parker -- to guide him to their unimaginable destiny.

It starts with Will and Angie's no-witness massacre of three men and two women at a stash house in Wheeling, West Virginia, where Will and Angie take off Scroad for a trunk of money, drugs and transaction records that enable their high New York lifestyle in which our opening scene finds them and -- via the threat of revealing the captured records, known as "The Board Books" -- makes them currently immune to Scroad's retribution. 

Manoir

Ivygrowth and rpgirl -- I'm violently in love with Kate and Clarissa's images and character sketches, and feel we're close to ready to begin.

Everyone -- I imagine our story opening on the premiere night of Kate and Clarissa's play, a raving success with Will and Angie in attendance and, with your permission, I'll supply the opening scene, perhaps -- if this is how it's done -- after I've posted a brief introduction, followed by all of our re-posting our character pages, on the 'NC: Human-Freeform Small Groups' forum.  Let me know if and how this works for you. I'd also be delighted to receive any of your suggestions for our drama's title.

Lightshock16

....Oh God I still havent made a Character yet....better get down to that later...

Manoir

Cool, Lightshock, glad to find you're on the bus. Okay with being the ambitious Kate's significant other?

Lightshock16

Lol sounds wicked to me! I was gonna make my character a Taxi driver, but If I'm the other to an inspiring Actor...maybe I should work at the Theatre she's performing at instead?

ivygrowth

Kate would only be interested in someone that could help her career.  So a member of the production's staff could work.

Lightshock16

Lol I was gonna be Stage Management, but PRoduction Staff's a good Idea! XD

I cant make the Summary of him till later though, cause I gotta go to Work in an hour ^^;

Númenor

QuoteEveryone -- I imagine our story opening on the premiere night of Kate and Clarissa's play, a raving success with Will and Angie in attendance and, with your permission, I'll supply the opening scene, perhaps -- if this is how it's done -- after I've posted a brief introduction, followed by all of our re-posting our character pages, on the 'NC: Human-Freeform Small Groups' forum.  Let me know if and how this works for you. I'd also be delighted to receive any of your suggestions for our drama's title.

How did you imagine the organisation of the game to go? Obviously because there's only a small number of people it'll be easy to track, so perhaps all we'd need is a main thread and an OOC thread, where all the character profiles are posted/ linked to?