Bermuda Island (Open Sandbox - Freeform) [Interest Check] (Need 1 more Female!)

Started by Rave, May 07, 2014, 09:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Robyn is switch, so will sometimes like to play the domme.

I was thinking, possibly, that they could maybe share a hut where they both work and sleep, and sometimes they sleep together, or sometimes they might sleep with someone else.

@ Rave: I'm really hoping that you are planning for everyone to have "open" relationships like this?

So basically, Robyn and Taryn are a couple, but they are also "communal property" so to speak. If any of the others want either of them they are available. (I might be persuaded to go with the guys if they ask nicely... it's always on my terms though!)

And they always have each other to fall back on. Robyn would be the "top" in that relationship.

Taryn would definitely have to do all the chemical stuff, but Robyn would be the one administering the drugs, which could be where we have that scene: Robyn is about to give another player character an overdose, or a dose of the wrong thing, or a dose of the right thing but the patient can't have it because they've taken something else...

@ Rave (again): Are there any "medicinal herbs" on the island?

Not just those, of course, wild coffee plants would be handy, also mint, sorrel, potato, sweet potato, wild cabbage, all sorts of useful veg, as well as pineapples, bananas, coconuts, kelp.

I'm assuming that one of the roles of the medics would be ensuring everyone had a balanced diet?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

justme4386

Quote from: Chrystal on May 18, 2014, 04:21:20 AM
I'm assuming that one of the roles of the medics would be ensuring everyone had a balanced diet?
Hehe... you kill it, I grill it.
Sorry couldn't resist. :-)

Considering the tropical location of the island I would think that malnutrition is not something we need to worry about - beside the fact that if we get that medical on this RP, I'm out. Aside from the most widely known forms of scurvy I have NO idea about symptoms of malnutrition.

But I wouldn't object to having a diet containing lots of animal hormones (from the dragons?) that get processed in our body to make us more... well, you know... fun loving. :D

Love,
Me
A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Chrystal

Sorry, not wanting to get medical or anything.

I'm just wanting to know if we can assume there are sufficient edible plants, that would need to be gathered and cooked.

The "medicinal" herbs above - well, technically two of them are spices - would be useful to have as aneasthetics - except for the tobacco plant which my medical assistant would need to calm her nerves.

I have no objection if none of them are available, but Taryn might still be bemoaning the demise of her last cigarette!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Rave

I don't know if its realistic to have a plethera of plants like cabbage and potatoes on a fairly small, tropical, deserted island surrounded by storms 24/7 and with an unstable magnetic core. The diet will be more carnivorous than anything, but I wouldn't object to there being a few in-edible plants that could be used with the extracted poison to make basic medicine. That's the Medic's job after all. I will be okay with having, say, a Banana Tree or two, which naturally grows on a tropical island. There's not gonna be any weed either though, unfortunately :P

As far as relationships go, not everyone is going to be "Open" per-say, no. Everyone has a choice to either buckle down and find a partner, or not find a partner and be a social butterfly. Said social butterflies can sleep with whoever they want to, but that doesn't apply to everybody. The main goal of this island is surviving and re-populating, so there should be a healthy balance between couples and open relationships. So whatever players OOCly agree on, will be fine.

To spice things up though, I don't mind having some sort of effect from a certain part of the Komodo meat to have a...fun loving, effect on your body. Haha. They're a brand new species, so we can experiment there.

AndyZ

Makes me wonder if there's a plant that ends up functioning as birth control.  Pregnancy would probably be an issue after a year.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Rave

Quote from: AndyZ on May 18, 2014, 03:09:36 PM
Makes me wonder if there's a plant that ends up functioning as birth control.  Pregnancy would probably be an issue after a year.

As I mentioned, one of the island goals is re-population, so a birth control method is probably something they haven't invested their time in but hey; maybe there is such a plant.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Nymphadora

QuoteRobyn is switch, so will sometimes like to play the domme.

I was thinking, possibly, that they could maybe share a hut where they both work and sleep, and sometimes they sleep together, or sometimes they might sleep with someone else.

Sharing a hut is a good plan. I am game for that. It makes sense they would be close in a general sense because they would be working together a lot.

QuoteSo basically, Robyn and Taryn are a couple, but they are also "communal property" so to speak. If any of the others want either of them they are available. (I might be persuaded to go with the guys if they ask nicely... it's always on my terms though!)

And they always have each other to fall back on. Robyn would be the "top" in that relationship.

Taryn would definitely have to do all the chemical stuff, but Robyn would be the one administering the drugs, which could be where we have that scene: Robyn is about to give another player character an overdose, or a dose of the wrong thing, or a dose of the right thing but the patient can't have it because they've taken something else...

Taryn would be fine with guys and in fact could have a pairing with one of the guys as well. Sort of exclusive to both yet both understanding that she needs the two different relationships in this new life. Both offer her different things. If both take on Top rolls she won't complain either...   :D

I'm also good being more "communal property" though too. ;)  Nice phrasing Crystal!  hehe
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Nymphadora

Quote from: Rave on May 18, 2014, 03:03:55 PM
There's not gonna be any weed either though, unfortunately :P

Well, technically Crystal didn't say weed... not sure if you were referring to the tobacco to calm Taryn down now and then, being a smoker forced to quit and all.

It's not a necessity, I figure Taryn losing her cool now and then could be rather fun.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

justme4386

I heard of people smoking banana peel... No idea what kind of funkyness that might induce, but hey will a real addict question it? ;D
A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Alias

if it comes to last resort- i don't mind playing two female characters. :)

WhiteHeart

Are you still in need for another female? If so, I can make an interesting character sheet for you guys. :)

Chrystal

Quote from: Nymphadora on May 18, 2014, 10:50:17 PM
Well, technically Crystal didn't say weed... not sure if you were referring to the tobacco to calm Taryn down now and then, being a smoker forced to quit and all.

It's not a necessity, I figure Taryn losing her cool now and then could be rather fun.

Actually, mtechnically I did say weed.

Marijuana is a plant native to the Caribbean region. It grows wild in the islands and is considered a weed - hence the term. It is also illegal to grow and there is a move by ecologists and biodiversity proponents in the USA to stamp it out before it can invade other biospheres such as Venus and Mars... um... yeah... this is serious brown!

*giggles*

No but seriously, on an uninhabited island in the Caribbean that is not on any chart, it is highly probable that the plant would grow wild, as would tobacco and other plants native to the region.

HOWEVER, I am deferring to GM's wishes on this.

We've had a chat via PM and there will be edible vegetation available, because it is necessary for a healthy balanced diet.

However, there will be no long list of what is and isn't there, just assume you have greens and veg and fruit to eat, and leave it at that.

Okay?

Rave

Quote from: WhiteHeart on May 19, 2014, 01:30:13 PM
Are you still in need for another female? If so, I can make an interesting character sheet for you guys. :)

Yes, one more and we're good to go.

So go for it  :-)

Nymphadora

Quote from: Chrystal on May 19, 2014, 02:33:27 PM
Actually, mtechnically I did say weed.

*Blush*  Yeah, that's embarrassing... I was baked at the time, sorry.  (kidding)
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

WhiteHeart

NSFW
Name: Makenzie Perry

Island Role: Caretaker

Physical Appearance : She is about 5’6”, weighs about 110lbs. She has a belly button piercing as well as a beauty mark on her left knee.

Distinguishing Traits: MaKenzie has bucket loads of patience. She rarely ever gets angry; and when she does, she almost never shows it to anybody. Even if a person is trying to get a rise out of her, it is almost like she doesn’t even care; only when the person means something to her does it hurt, but she won’t make a fight out of it. She tends to keep to herself a lot since she has trust issues from past experiences.

History: MaKenzie is an only child, born to a lawyer and a doctor. Money was never an issue for their family, but they didn’t live like rich people. Makenzie had to work for what she wanted, including her old ’87 Sentra. She wasn’t like most girls, choosing to help her grandma after school, who was fighting a losing battle to leukemia. She only had a couple close friends, but one lived ten hours away and the other, unlike Kenzie, had a life. Her parents were becoming more concerned that she was excluding herself from a normal teenage life and tried to convince her to do more things.

On her nineteenth birthday, her parents surprised her with a trip to (not sure where the flight is going, but that’s where her trip was going). It would leave in two weeks and it was supposed to help her branch out on life experience and get her out of the shell she was living in. The next week, her grandmother died; a big blow to Makenzie, who tried her hardest to get out of the trip. But her parents wouldn’t take no for an answer, driving her to the airport and almost forcing her on.

Sexuality: Straight

Likes: Music, books, solitude, singing birds, going for walks
Dislikes: Fights, vulgar comments, confrontations, sharks, dark places

Strengths: Calming people down, cooking, singing.
Weaknesses: Starting fires, speaking her mind, heights, swimming.

Personality: She is patient, kind, and caring. Always thinking about the next person’s needs before her own. She hates greedy men and won’t have anything to do with the grabby ones. She is rather reserved and quiet and would rather find a quiet place to sit then party with the others.

PLAYER ONS AND OFFS: Ons/Offs.

Rave

@WhiteHeart: Accepted!

I will inform everyone that SGTDan has been banned for a year by Elliquiy staff, and as such his character is being removed from the game.

However this won't impact the starting time of this game, which should be tomorrow afternoon. That is when the IC thread will go up :) If we get another male interested, so be it, if not, the game shall begin either way.

Rave

And the IC thread is now up and running: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204479.msg10009917#msg10009917

I'll have a post up for Damir later tonight, but feel free to go ahead and post!

justme4386

Will we use this thread for OOC, or did I miss the OoC thread link?

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

justme4386

Quote from: Rave on May 20, 2014, 08:05:25 PMbut feel free to go ahead and post!
Ok, I did, since nobody else felt like starting out... now it's up to you guys.

Feel free to comment on the taste of the food, but know that Shandy has been the camp's cook for the past year and she had some practice before... so she might not be a chef, but at lest the stuff shouldn't be too bad... but tastes differ. ;D

Looking forward to get this ball rolling.

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Chrystal

justme4386

Me too, but Rave seems busy, considering he's three days overdue with his opening post. ;)

I guess patience isn't one of my great virtues when I am excited about a roleplay... ;D

Love,
Me

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Rave

Haha, I apologize for the little wait. Been trying to catch up on all my RPs. I'll be putting up the OOC thread tonight, as well is throwing in my first post hopefully once I'm off work so we can get this started.

Nymphadora

Hey Rave, OOC and a post from our fearless leader coming?
Starting to feel like we're on a desert isl... oh wait.

hehe couldn't resist.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

justme4386

Quote from: Nymphadora on May 27, 2014, 12:23:55 AM
Hey Rave, OOC and a post from our fearless leader coming?
Starting to feel like we're on a desert isl... oh wait.

hehe couldn't resist.
I'm there with you.

Let's practice anarchy and have fun without our fearful - Hahn I mean fearsome... Or was it fearless (?) leader. ;)

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019