Lots of NC

Started by Vixy, December 13, 2010, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vixy

I'm a bit suprised by how much NC there is here - the one-shot & light forums seem slightly swamped by the NCHuman, NCExotic, and Extreme ones.

Are the majority of members here into NC?

Lilias

Keep in mind that a) a lot of the NC sub-boards are system games that can date from the inception of the site, and b) a game goes on the board with the highest content level. One NC scene sends a game to the NC boards, one element from the list in the header sends it into Extreme.

That said, NC has many flavours, and it all depends how far each member wants to go.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Oniya

If you're looking at the lists of subforums under the 'Large Group Games', I can tell you that many of those group games are pretty much dead.  I accidentally marked the whole site 'read' the other day, and only 6 of the NC-Human Large Group games have showed up with new entries.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Star Safyre

Hello, Vixy.   :-)

I can only speak from my personal experience, but I know I have erred on the side of caution when it comes to which content label I and my partners give our threads.  Understanding that NC is a very sensitive area for some readers, I have tended to place any plot which involved even a hint or possibility of NC in that category.  Only if I am sure a story will remain completely consensual throughout will I place it in the Light section with a good conscious.  I know the moderators can easily move a thread if needed, but, again, I would rather overestimate a story's provocativeness than underestimate and possibly offend or trigger someone.

For example, two stories I have currently noted as NC involve a character that is willing but pretending to be asleep and a couple who are a little bit rough (love bites, light scratches, etc.) but otherwise loving.

I hope that addressed your question a bit.
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

kylie

All of the above is true and relevant. 

And then, there are just a fair number of people who are into non-con fantasies, at least part of the time.  That's actually true in US society at large to the best of scientific knowledge, and then we add in the relative anonymity and relaxing of inhibitions that come with a site dedicated to sexual Fantasy.

If it's particularly rape fantasies or the like that you're wondering about, there is a little more discussion of them here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=57218.msg2623420#msg2623420