Not Another Typical Anime RP [OOC and Always Accepting]

Started by Dark Deception, July 26, 2010, 04:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Deception

The IC: Typical University IC

So, what brought about this idea is the fact that anime is a difficult subject to escape. In every RP, there will always be a neko, someone with a Japanese name, or someone with multi-colored hair and eyes that aren't caused by dye or contacts. When there is an anime RP, it is always fan-based on some mainstream show. So, I decided, why not just openly state that this idea will be anime-related. There will be those girls with large breasts, short skirts, multi-colored hair and eyes, bad-ass teenagers, tentacle monsters, school girls, etc. and of course, text-fighting. This RP will encompass all there is in those typical animes we have watched into one interesting/amusing parody.

Because this RP is a parody, the college which is the main setting of the RP, will be called Typical University. The uniforms of the girls will be a white blouse, black-short skirt, and black tie. The boys, black dress pants, dress shirt, and a red tie. The mascot is some fuzzy, adorable puffball creature that is supposedly a tiger, so yes, the TU Tigers.

I'm going to go ahead and give you a CS to fill out if you're interested, but realize there's more below it to give you an idea with how far you can go with this parody RP:

Name:
Age:(Because I kind of dislike there being 13-19 year old characters on an adult site, I'm going to raise the age to college level 18+)
Race: (Human, Neko, Futa, Vampire, Lycan, Alien, etc.)
Abilities: (Be sensible, God-moding is not permitted in this RP)
Hair color: (any)
Eye color: (any)
Height:
Weight:
Basic Appearance: (scars, complexion, tattoos, clothes, jewelry, hats, etc. This area you talk about your character in a nut shell. Every "physical" thing about him, her, or it. )
Love/Crush:( This can change, fluctuate through the Rp.)
Sexuality:
Personality: (also put any mental quirks or anything mental in here)
History: (optional; if you don't have one at the moment, then you can make one down the line)
Weapons: (if any)
Extra: (cars, pets, etc. Anything else)

This profile sheet is only a basic guide for how you can make your character. Almost any character you think of that is anime-related is allowed here, however, if I feel that it will be a problem, and if I get complaints about your character through the progress of this RP, then you will have to leave. Because we all should be mature and grown-up here, I expect everyone to be sensible when they make their characters.

Now, as for classes. Your classes can be anything general or sexual. This RP can go from normal anime to ecchi/hentai. You can make a character based off Sailor Moon where she can change into a heroine. This anime can be horror or futuristic. There will be random bad guys that appear and no, I'm not allowing people to play bad guys because then they'll take the RP into a direction that is unnecessary, but you can NPC villains. I discourage players Rping as professors, but if they want to, they can. I usually just fear players not receiving the peak of their RP experience. I also would like players to interact with other players more or get caught up in their crazy story lines.

Your characters don't have to live with family, they can live in their apartments, or live on campus in a dorm. Made it into a university. Ask me your questions, serve up your ideas, and if you're interested, then feel free to post your character here. Once we get some characters in here, we can plan how they'll interact before the IC kicks off, so that you already know who you can comfortably RP with. Also, just because I said this university, it doesn't mean you have to RP like its a university (on the social level). You can mix it up with high school social aspects as well such as bullying, popularity confrontations, etc. There can be lockers if you want. Get my drift? Just because I got rid of the high school doesn't mean its aspects can't be there.

Here are some basic rules:

1. Do not OOC in the IC. The OOC is for OOC. Do not post bubbles in the IC. If you're going to bed or going away for a long time, then post that in the OOC. That is what it is for.
2. Do not post pictures in the IC. You're a writer. You should be able to convey the image in your head decently. If not, then post the picture in the OOC or PM it to the person you want to see it.
3. No god-moding. I am giving you so much freedom in this RP but understand that there are other players in this RP, and that you must respect them. You should talk your actions out with those you are planning to have a conflict with. You should talk your actions out with those you are planning to have sexual play with. If you feel it might be offensive, then talk it out in PM. If someone PMs me a complaint, I'm going to PM you about it, and ask you to change your ways or ask you to leave.
4. One paragraph minimum. Now, I know I like to post maybe a page or more per post, but I also understand that not everyone is into that kind of writing. If you plan to RP here, then you must post at least a paragraph, which is five sentences. I know in some cases it is less, but for those only writing a paragraph, five sentences or more.

Those are the rules for now. If more need to be put up, then I'll put more. Let me know what you guys think.

A few "Typical Anime" personalities:

Female-

• Long legs and big boobs
  • Ditzy
  • Athletic
  • Innocent
  • Cute they're usually small girls.
  • Flirty
  • Ball-Bashing - the chicks always beating up guys and protecting the innocent girls from pervs.
  • Pure tom boy
  • Nerdy genius with crush on girls with big breast or cute, innocent girls with huge knockers

Male-

• Muscular
  • Bad boy type
  • Self-absorbed - usually a very popular pretty boy or handsome guy
  • Innocent
  • Shy around girls or fearful of girls
  • Ambitious (these ones are usually hyper, the "AAAL~LL RIII~GHT!" *fist pump* sort of guys)
  • Strong, cold, and distant
  • Spaz/Silly guy (the ones you see freaking out or doing crazy random shit or with the most exaggerated expressions)
  • Murderous/insane
  • Perverted
  • Pretty Boy - that all the girls squeal about

Updated the list. :D

Dormitory

Building Name: Surge

Room Pairings: Nancy (elfguy) and Syleria (pendarious) - 208
Tou Yaiba (The7thKeeper) and Tsuna Yamamoto (Kaiser Maverick) - 113
Shoal Larenthenial (Kineas) and Yuuki Taylor (Daril) - 213
Jack Swift (Xero) and Kuro Kage (Kurokage909) - 108
If you notice, the guys are on the first floor and the girls are on the second floor. I also put the players' rooms above and below each others. So don't make too much noise.

Apartment(s)

Sakura Mishida (Acid Lips)

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Kaiser Maverick

Dark Deception

Not really. I'm sure people can recognize something overboard. I can't really think of anything except....the neko/dragon/angel/wolf/vampire. But that would be more like a Role Play parody than an anime one. ::) I'm looking back at the top post, so if anyone has taken the code already, I may add a bit more things to it or not. But yeah, just keep an eye on the top post. I'll let you know when I edit it or make changes.

DKDBSD

Have fun with this. ^_^ I'd join but I'm still doing something of the same sort on Gaia. It's my best rp ever and the longest running.

Scotty Rage

So it's basically "Not Another Teen Movie" but with anime?  I love it!

Dark Deception

No, not really. The RP won't be related to "Not Another Teen Movie." I just used "Not Another..." Because it means, "Oh god, not another one." This RP will go in the direction people want it to go. It's just very free (I didn't know Gaia was still famous for RP). It's not exactly a place to boast about o_o. I never RPed on there but I hear more complaints about the RP there than compliments.

pendarious

hehe this sounds fun and it's one of my favorite things......parody! those are fun as well to work with.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Dark Deception

A few "Typical Anime" personalities:

Female-

• Long legs and big boobs
  • Ditzy
  • Athletic
  • Innocent
  • Cute they're usually small girls.
  • Flirty
  • Ball-Bashing - the chicks always beating up guys and protecting the innocent girls from pervs.
  • Pure tom boy
  • Nerdy genius with crush on girls with big breast or cute, innocent girls with huge knockers

Male-

• Muscular
  • Bad boy type
  • Self-absorbed - usually a very popular pretty boy or handsome guy
  • Innocent
  • Shy around girls or fearful of girls
  • Ambitious (these ones are usually hyper, the "AAAL~LL RIII~GHT!" *fist pump* sort of guys)
  • Strong, cold, and distant
  • Spaz/Silly guy (the ones you see freaking out or doing crazy random shit or with the most exaggerated expressions)
  • Murderous/insane
  • Perverted
  • Pretty Boy - that all the girls squeal about

Updated the list. :D

Scotty Rage

Oh, I never thought it would be related.  Just the same general idea.  Spoofing anime by doing all the "typical" anime stereotypes.  ^_^

Dark Deception

Ah, then yes  ;D  Updated the top list adding the "typical anime personalities" to it and the CS. If it doesn't look different to you, then you may be all right. It was nothing major.

Kaiser Maverick

Dark Deception

Adam Beale

Height: 5’6”
Weight: 130lbs.
Race: Human
Hair color: Brun
Eye color: Brun
Complexion: Light Tan
Physique: Thin; lanky
Sexuality: Straight
Love/Crush: (anyone who wants to fill this spot PM me)
Abilities: None.

Personality: Adam is a very timid individual, who is often times afraid of offending others. His submissive mannerisms make him the prime target for the bullies at school. Lately, he has been suspecting that there might be something wrong with him. He believes he’s been abducted by an alien once, and it is the reason for his sudden boost in intelligence. He is shy around beautiful girls and tends to embarrass himself when he tries too hard not to seem like a dork. His hobbies however consist of being the best chess player there is and playing on the Internet all day.

History: Mr. Beale began his first day at Typical High as an exchange student. Nobody knows exactly from where, but ever since his arrival, he’s been top-notch in all his classes that he puts other hard-working dorks to shame. He is forever battling the Nerd Squad for the valedictorian chair upon his graduation, but his IQ has already gained him free scholarships to study law in Harvard or nuclear science at MIT. The mystery behind Adam’s vast intelligence is unknown and some claim that he doesn’t even study or use the textbooks provided for class.

Two normal outfits (besides his school uniform)
1.   His first normal outfit consists of a black ‘I used to care. Now I take pills for that.’ T-shirt that is X-L and could be worn as a dress on him if he wanted. He wears loose, blue jeans with this shirt and worn out Nikes.
2.   His second normal outfit—or what he considers to be normal—are beige khakis, a white, button-up, undershirt with a yellow, sleeveless sweater to go over it. He wears a bright, red tie beneath his sweater and carries his laptop bag everywhere he goes.
Weapons: None

Planet of Origin: Earth
Extra: He wears black-framed glasses.

Champion Prince Uva Zed Orium Yulis III

Height: 6’3”
Weight: Varies, but usually 215lbs.
Race: Parasitic Alien
Hair color: Argent-silver
Eye color: Varies, but normally honey
Complexion: Light Tan
Physique: Solid
Love/Crush: (anyone who wants to fill this spot PM me)
Abilities
•   Buff This is an ability that takes one turn to charge. Zed’s buff skill boosts his physical performance for three turns.
•   Infecting people parasitically, making Adam’s dick bigger [unintentionally].
•   The alien’s natural abilities exceed that of earthlings. When it comes to strength, speed, toughness, endurance, and agility, the alien’s abnormalities are obvious. Vegans are indestructible when it comes to normal weapons, toxins, or devices, such primitive technology does not compare to the revolutionary technology of Vega. Because gravity on Earth is lenient compared to Vega, Zed is known to defy gravity with his jumps.
•   Convert Vegans have a parasitic ability that allows them to absorb forms of energy [artificial and spiritual] through their hands to repair any damage done to their bodies or empower their being.
•   Champion Prince Vegans carry a true form, which is more like an awakening of the warrior spirit within them. In order for Zed to transform to his true form, he must charge for three turns or absorb three energy or magic attacks. The prince’s form is no different than what he already appears. Glowing runes cover his back, sides, neck, and cheeks, and his terrifying aura envelopes his body like a gust. In this form, he can pull energy from about the planet and use it at his destructive or restorative disposal.
Weakness: Magic, power attacks, and a good physical ass-kicking.
Personality: The prince is very arrogant and egotistical. He is a champion prince after all on an inferior planet. He is, however, running reconnaissance for his home world, learning about Earth and its inhabitants and sending the data back. He loves challenges, but he hides as a parasite in the abducted body of a human male named Adam. Recently, his residence in the boy has increased his mental capacities unintentionally. The prince though alien, is very attractive, and he knows it, making him an even bigger asshole, but besides his quirks, he can be a nice guy.

History: The prince is the heir to the throne of Yulis. Having grown tired of the royal life, he hijacked a ship and had hoped to escape the kingdom for awhile until his ship was attacked by the Ecchi clan, and was sent spiraling into another galaxy. Since his crash land on earth, he has been enjoying the simple life the planet has to offer, and even much so the food (the alien carries a huge appetite that often times gives Adam problems). His relationship with Adam is one-sided, he uses the dork to get around in secret but that’s as far as it goes. Every now and then, he gets attacked by the evil Ecchi clan that have followed him to Earth.

Two normal outfits
Whatever Adam is wearing.

Weapons: None, but if he had a weapon, it would be whatever Adam is carrying.

Planet of Orgin: Vega
Extra: Looks human.

NPC Villain: Ecchi Clan

Pic

These vile and hideous creatures are known as the Ecchi clan. They attack men and sometimes women by assaulting them with their bodies in numerous vulgar ways, usually ending up with them too hot and tired from the over-exertion. They always where those horribly, unsuitable clothes in public, and carry a second form that turns them into massive monsters of the tentacle race to entangle screaming school girls. The Ecchi clan have many abilities, but they are best to take down when they become exhausted.

Other Quirks: They have a bad habit of drawing perverts out of their closets. They can summon a horde of pervs to do their bidding.

Writersblockade

I'm totally interested. Let me cook something up...I can post a character by later today.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Dark Deception

Cool. Yeah we're still open and accepting.

elfguy

Name: Nancy

Abilities: High strength and agility, very skilled with her Katana. Through her training, her mind has become one with her blade, allowing her the power to always bring her blade back to her hand should she wish it, and she can block bullets or energy attacks with her blade like a shield.

Basic Appearance:

Love/Crush: Single for now

Sexuality: Bi

Personality: Nancy is obsessed with personal power. She wants to be top in her class, the most strong and powerful girl in school. She is ruthless and has a dominant personality. This also is a weakness, as she gets angry easily and can be manipulated by smart people. She wants to become a ninja, although in a modern world like ours that isn't very viable, at least not to bring in income.

History: Nancy was brought up in a fairly poor family. She spent most of her time in the street, until she met with a powerful master who decided to teach her how to use a blade. He was very old however and soon died, leaving her to go back to her parents, after which she was forced to go to a more traditional school. She much preferred her one on one teaching, and adapts badly at this new school.

Weapons: Katana blade that she keeps on her back. Her long dark hair hides it pretty well, which means it's not visible unless someone is really near her or looking carefully.

----

pendarious

Name:Syleria Elisantis
Race:Human/Mage Knight
Abilities: Sword mastery, Embuing her sword with reinforcement magic EG: Flaming blade,Lightening blade, Ice blade, Hardening of steel, temporary flight/levitation
Hair color: Purplish pink
Eye color: Blue
Height:5'7 (in feet and inches....)
Weight:Without armor 120 with armor: about 360
Basic Appearance:

Sexuality:Bi-sexual
Personality: She is serious about her studies and when left to herself is very stern and serious. however when with friends she is the calm collected member though she is more relaxed and willing to laugh. If not with friends she is stoic and has this aura of authority. she has no real interest in being the best she merely seeks to graduate and be on her way in life.
History:In the Works
Weapons: A steampunk sword that loads shotgun shell type cratridges to boost it's strength. it also becomes a serpent blade (whip like sword), and when the hilt is inserted into the sheath it can then be magically converted to a bow (how cool is that?)
Extra: she has a cellphone, I-pod,Laptop computer, and she stays in the dorms on campus

i went with the coolist pic i could find...so yeah i hope this is ok.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Kaiser Maverick

Name:Tsuna Yamamoto
Race:Human/Eleental User
Abilities: Wind manipulation and all that goes with it. Also some swordsmanship skill. Firearm efficency
Hair color: White/Silver
Eye color: Turquoise
Height:6'0
Weight:170
Basic Appearance:

Love/Crush:Whoever wants to fill this spot.
Sexuality:Straight
Personality: Energetic, hyper and often crazy. He is a guy whose not afraid to jump in face first. He's extremely loyal and will never go back on a promise.
History:Well be revealed when ready.
Weapons:a double edged sword. Square and flat, strrong enough to slice through most objects.
Extra: Iphone,Laptop, Platnium watch

Dark Deception

Because this RP can be an unending universe of storyline opportunities because it is whatever you make of it, if you guys would like for me to start up the IC let me know. New people are free to post up a CS and join as they arrive. I have no idea where to put the IC because they can't just have a normal "Exotic" Small groups thread. Someone give me ideas because I just don't know lol. Because this RP is broad, we could probably put it everywhere but dice-obilgated or system-obligated.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Dark Deception on July 26, 2010, 04:42:09 PM
No, not really. The RP won't be related to "Not Another Teen Movie." I just used "Not Another..." Because it means, "Oh god, not another one." This RP will go in the direction people want it to go. It's just very free (I didn't know Gaia was still famous for RP). It's not exactly a place to boast about o_o. I never RPed on there but I hear more complaints about the RP there than compliments.

That's true but you get a lot of complainers and there are some things I can't do there that I want to here and vice versa. You know you've inspired me XD thanks dude and again good luck.

Xero

Name: Jack Swift
Abilities: He has the uncanny ability to harness his crude and sarcastic nature to make even the fiercest of bullies, smartest of nerds, and classy of women feel weak, dumb, or cheap. Plus, he's kinda funny, which is always a plus.
Hair color: Short and blonde
Eye color: Green
Height: 6'
Weight:  170 pounds
Basic Appearance: Jack is what many would consider to be an average looking guy. His hair isn't crazy long or funky  colored. He isn't super buff or wafer thin. He doesn't wear any kind of make up or have any unsightly scars adorning his body. He does, however have a tattoo on the back of his neck, three simple letters "WTF". It's there because, more often then not that is what is going through the back of his mind when listening to the plethora of people he finds to be unintelligent, or just plain annoying.

When in his school uniform he is constantly being scolded by school officials for it's appearance. The tie is always loose around his neck, the shirt is always un-tucked and his pants and shirt are always wrinkled and disheveled. 

While outside of school his attire varies depending on his mood, but is usually some sort of variation of a t-shirt or long sleeved shirt (usually with some witty writing on it) jeans or shorts, and occasionally a leather jacket.
Love/Crush: Despite his attitude towards most people, especially when it comes to matters of the heart, Jack is head over heels in love with the most beautiful woman at the school (this might be an NPC or another player character at some point, I Kinda wanna leave that open for now). Of course, no one, including his lady love knows how he feels.
Personality: As stated before Jack is a pretty well adjusted guy. He is just kind of an outsider, using sarcasm and humor to portray himself. Those who become friends with him usually are spared from his quips, and those who get on his bad side tend to get more than their fair share. He is also extraordinarily shy around girls that he likes at all (whether as friends or romantically) which is why A) his love has no idea about him, and B) he is mostly devoid of female friends.
History: This is always best evolved upon during the roleplay I find.
Weapons: None that he carries about with him.
Extra: He owns an old beater of a car, an out of date cell phone, a kinda dumpy apartment just off campus...but some pretty killer video gaming equipment.

Dark Deception

Okay since nobody posted anything useful that could help me start the IC somewhere, I'm just going to start it in one of the exotic sections.

pendarious

Dark Deception

All right. A link to the IC is at the top of the page. Everyone enjoy!

pendarious

Dark Deception

Oh yes, everyone, let me know if you're staying in an apartment or a dormitory because then I can assign you room numbers and apartment numbers, and I can also pair you with someone who is dorming or staying in an apartment. So yeah, let me know. I may also go "thread crazy" and create a separate thread for the dormitory and apartments, but I felt that was kind of ridiculous. I didn't think there is much to do in another's dorm besides...ya know *waggles brows*

pendarious

like it says in Syleria's profile she lives in the dorms.

Dark Deception

I added the dormitory pairings. We're having a thunderstorm here so if I go quiet, then you know my internet shut off. I will continue to add more pairings to the dorm as more people continue to RP in here.

Dark Deception

Kaiser Maverick

Dark Deception

As much as I wanted my char to have an apartment, I switched it to a dorm that way he doesn't have to travel too far. So I'll go back and edit my post lol about the bus.

pendarious

well good to see yer still alive there deception but tell me why do you choose to keep your status hidden? it's hard to tell when your on and not

Dark Deception

Sometimes I read people's threads and I always felt if that owner of the thread ever saw me, she or he would think I'm a creeper or something. If I log off, I'll let you guys know. The storm is over so yeah that's what I meant by still alive. I'm glad I got a new internet connection because if that had been DSL, my internet would have went down at the slightest fart of a storm cloud.

pendarious

ah i see. hmm.....i run off DSL and my internet usually dies when it's about like a tornado otherwise my net is fine during storms

Dark Deception

I had Verizon DSL. I got Fios now and it's pretty sexy.

pendarious

Dark Deception

All right folks. I'm taking a break for the night to give others a chance to catch up lol. My posts tend to become sloppy when I don't spend time writing them. Just a reminder to those who may read this, the IC is up and the link is on the first page. Can't miss it.

Daril

One secret agent in training (sort of), coming right up!

Name: Yuuki Taylor
Abilities: Infiltration, hand to hand combat, sharpshooting.
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Blue
Height: 5'8
Weight: Is that a polite thing to ask a lady?  (Actually, I'm not sure -I would assume something reasonable for a young woman of her height.)
Basic Appearance: Yuuki is a tall young woman with waist length black hair, blue eyes and a rather large chest (as well as a nice ass).  She is generally seen around campus wearing either her uniform or motorcycle gear.  Her striking looks and aloof demeanour have earned her many fans among both genders.
Love/Crush: None as of yet.
Sexuality: Not completely sure of this yet.
Personality: Yuuki gives an impression of being very serious and focused, and most of the time she is.  However, she is also a closet romantic, and liable to go all lovey dovey as soon as she finally meets someone who is actually capable of being her Prince or Princess Charming.
History: Yuuki has been involved in a top secret government training program since early childhood.  Despite her young age, she is already a veteran of several assignments and has a proven track record.  At present she has been stationed at Typical University both in order to learn and in order to keep an eye out for the strange things that have reportedly been taking place there.
Despite her upbringing and seemingly serious demeanour, it should be noted that Yuuki has a secret love for all things romantic and dreams of someday having a charming stranger sweep her off her feet.  The only problem is that so far no one has actually managed to make that sort of impression on her.
Weapons: Possesses an ridiculously large arsenal of firearms that she keeps in her dorm room and on her person (for some reason concealing large handguns under her uniform is not a problem for her).  Her arsenal also includes knives and stun batons.
Extra: Lives in a dormitory on campus, but also possesses a high performance motorbike.  Has a secret love of kittens and puppies.

I'm sort of debating whether or not I should give her glasses.

Do you think she makes the cut?

Dark Deception

Yes, I'm just waiting for people besides me, pendarious, and elfguy to RP in the IC. If we continued it, you guys would probably be reading 2 to 3 pages of stuff.

Daril

Quick question -well, several actually.  Would it be okay if I wrote her as being alone in her dorm room for now so that someone else could move their character in as her room mate later on?  (Yuuki had better hope that they buy her excuse that her collection consists entirely of replicas and air guns. :P )

I'm thinking of starting to post as her, probably just her getting ready for the day and having breakfast at the cafeteria to begin with.  Is that okay considering that one of the classes already seems to have started, or do I need to move the timeline forward a bit?

Would it be okay if I gave her glasses and made her one of those characters who really badly needs them?  I figure it would give another anime cliche that could be played around with.

Dark Deception

Yes to everything. A lot of what you ask people just do any way. If you were doing anything wrong, I would let you know about it.

pendarious

i only have the one class going cuz i havent talked to anyone about sharing classes so i'm not running on a time frame with anyone in particular........and besides as long as you detail the timeframe of your post (which i believe we should all start doing to avoid confusion) then posts filled with events can be happening in the past and simultaniously without any real negative effects on the flow of the game.

Dark Deception

I often tend to put as a heading the location where my char is in bold so new players who join know. As for the event currently, they can read about it or ask in this OOC thread.

Dark Deception

I'm starting to think pendarious's char went to class a little early with everyone posting about breakfast. I have been keeping the time of day in my posts when I'll write about breakfast, and then later will be lunch time. But we'll see if we get through the events of the morning.

pendarious

i hate math so i was just trying to get something like that out of the way *shrugs* and ive known people to go to class between 6-8 am so *shrugs* it's workable i suppose.

Kaiser Maverick

It is. My schedule starts at 7:30am and I get out at 1:15 pm

Dark Deception

So tomorrow is my catch up in all the RPs I'm involved in day lol. I'll be posting all day tomorrow. I got a lot to write.  O:)

Kineas

This. Looks. Awesome. :3

Shoal Laretheniel is her real name, but she'll be going by Suru Lanita in an effort not to sound so out of place.

Race: Half-Elven
Abilities: She is a master of magic arts. She also has a basic training of swordsmanship and archery. She has a few standing enchantments on herself beyond the aesthetic, most notably her ability to identify whether or not something is magical just by looking at it.

Shoal's main element is electricity. Outside of electric abilities are her illusions and a short range teleportation ability. The illusions are reconfigurable in any way she can imagine, however she can only manifest enough illusion to cover about as much as a human being. She usually has about 1/8th of her illusion capacity already in use with her aforementioned effects. The short range teleportation is not to exceed 50ft, and while she can carry a few things with her during teleportation (her clothes, her bags~ other small things) she couldn't carry another person along with her, nor anything she can't lift in one hand basically. She also can't teleport repeatedly in quick succession.

She's physically fit as well, due much in part to how much she travels, and her training in swordsmanship.

Hair color: Truly, dark brown. However, she altered it with a simple illusion to be jet black.
Eye color: Truly, light green. However, she altered them to appear red.
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: Around 90 lbs
Basic Appearance: Shoal has almost unfairly fair skin and features naturally, although you wouldn't be wrong to say she enhances these things subtly with her arts. In spite of her true age, her heritage has her looking more like she's 16, so she appears rather young to be showing up for college. She sports a lighter C sized chest and otherwise is normally proportioned.
Love/Crush: Currently Available!
Sexuality: Bi
Personality: Shoal isn't a nice person. However, it's possible that she can come to appreciate and even respect you as long as you have -something- going for you. Acidic and even cruel at times, "Suru" won't hesitate to call you out for every stupid thing you do in her presence, especially if she has to work with you for some reason. Mastery of the arcane doesn't come easily to everyone, and she had to study long and hard to learn what she knows. By comparison, the classes she takes at the college are too easy~ she barely pays attention and aces everything.

She's also a little paranoid, and for good reason! (See history~)

World of Origin: Aetheyr (original setting)

History: Shoal's life started a bit poorly and only got worse. Her elven father and half brother were always distant, although not hostile. She was raised by her human mother, although she became absorbed into the war that wracked her world at the age of 17 (and with her half elven blood, she had just recently gotten over those pesky physical changes) due to her exceptional talent with spells and studies. As she made a name for herself fighting alongside and aiding the forces of justice, eventually she was targeted by those who wished to see her removed from the picture. Her mother was kidnapped, and Shoal was blackmailed into doing what she was told, lest dear old mommy face an untimely end.

What Shoal didn't know was that her mother had been dead from the very beginning. Magic was used to keep up the pressure of her mother being held hostage and occasionally tortured. Eventually though, capable mage that she was, Shoal found out. When she was done, none of the people who had a hand in her manipulation survived.

By then though, her reputation had been damaged irreversibly. She took to the sea in a small ship with two veteran seamen. Wracked with regrets, she intended to start over far, far away. How far away she ended up, however, she never could have anticipated.

Suddenly, in the midst of her seafaring, and island appeared where her boat was. Fortunately, it appeared angled such that she hit a beach and not a cliff, but nevertheless her boat was beached 600 yards away from water, and it was buried right up to the deck. Shocked by the appearance of an apparently teleporting island, she decided to explore while the seamen tried to dig up the ship. That was when she met him.

A powerful vampire who had been tracking this island across the dimensions, this being surpassed and destroyed everything she ever knew about what was possible with magic. It was as though his existence contradicted everything she knew about magic and power in general. He was a vampire, but he could be out in sunlight. He could expend a seemingly unlimited number of magical spells and abilities without ever turning down the ampage. She feared him, but at the same time she could not deny the temptation of all that power. The power to have saved everyone she knew and loved from the dire circumstances she had just been through. In her mind, she had no choice; she had to learn from him. Fortunately, the vampire was an agreeable sort when it came to girls.

Her times spent learning, however, only served to illustrate the true gap in ability between herself and him. She swallowed her pride (which due to certain circumstances, wasn't too challenging~ ;P  ) and came away with enough to finish many of the lessons on her own time. These days she's obsessed with obtaining enough power and ability to surpass and subsequently destroy the vampire in question. She has a few other side agendas, but everything takes a backseat to power and destroying her mentor.

As part of her efforts to aquire more and more power, she enchanted herself such that whenever she looks upon anything, she can tell if it is magical, and how magical it is (by how brightly it shines to her). Spending a bit of time examining a magical item reveals what kind of magic is in play.

She's here with you today, however, because her 'mentor' decided it would be fun to see her going to a school that required revealing uniforms. She was compelled to go with his more powerful magics and thus here she is. This hasn't done much to alleviate her obsession with destroying him.

Weapons: None that she's carrying on herself, besides her magic.

Extra: It should be noted the world she's from isn't as technologically advanced, so she's still a bit at a loss when it comes to electricity, cars, and so on. Not that she can't figure out enough to get by on a moments notice, but if pressed...

Standing enchantments and other special stuff: minor hair and eye illusions, the magical version of makeup. She can identify magical energy just by looking at it. She's also -very- hard to kill (like she has a lot of HP. Yeah.) While not specifically immune to anything, weapons that aren't Cold Iron or magical in nature have slightly reduced effectiveness.

Weaknesses: Anyplace where magic doesn't work. Her temper.

-----------

That's my character submission. Let me know what you think! She'd be in the dorms, so feel free to assign me a room. :3 Was thinking I may just introduce her as a transfer student on whatever day it is after I get approved.

Dark Deception

You need to list what magic she can do. You can't just say she does "magic" because that alone is very broad, and as I said, I don't want people god-moding.

On another note, well, I think this RP has enough Guy-Girls lol and I don't mean hermaphrodites.

Kineas

I did notice that there is a bit of a surplus of guys playing girls, and I almost stopped to think of a different character to use, however it's been a long time since I played with Shoal, and this seemed like a hilarious setting for her normally very serious attitude. If you're wanting to get more guys into the mix... well, it wouldn't be my first choice, but I could consider it.

What sort of restrictions would you prefer to see put in place as far as magic is concerned? She originates from the rules land of D&D so there's a certain amount of translation that might need to happen to bring her magic to a state that you're more comfortable with. I could produce a spell list if that's all you're looking for, since she has to set her spells in advance each day. :3

I definitely did read that you don't want god-moding, and I fully intend to stay very far away from that. There were a few other stipulations to her being compelled to join the college which also involve 'don't kill anyone' and 'don't blow up the school'.

If you'd like more information about her geas or what have you, I'm more than willing to share, but things like that can be so much more fun to share in character. =3

Dark Deception

If you're going to say magic, then what kind and what spells specifically. You shouldn't be writing me a whole D&D book worth of spells. You should be able to narrow it down to if she uses elemental magic what specifically? Fireballs, ice bolts, etc. If she uses Illusion magic then what can she do with the Illusion spell. I hope that clarifies. As for you playing a girl character, I don't mind. I was just pointing out that we have pure guys in here playing girl characters. I'm kind of one for variety in my role plays and not much inequality, but I guess no women are interested in this RP.  As long as we have no girls, then I guess inequality doesn't exist.

Kaiser Maverick

Kineas

Blah, I must have rewritten this post like seven times trying to find a way to establish a medium I think we'll both be happy with. X3  I'll just strip it down for now and maybe as the game goes on we'll see how that feels compared to what other characters are doing.

Shoal's main element is electricity. Outside of electric abilities are her illusions and a short range teleportation ability. The illusions are reconfigurable in any way she can imagine, however she can only manifest enough illusion to cover about as much as a human being. She usually has about 1/8th of her illusion capacity already in use with her aforementioned effects. The short range teleportation is not to exceed 50ft, and while she can carry a few things with her during teleportation (her clothes, her bags~ other small things) she couldn't carry another person along with her, nor anything she can't lift in one hand basically. She also can't teleport repeatedly in quick succession.

Dark Deception

Then just stick that in her abilities, and I'll look it over and see if you're all set.

Kineas

Wall of text edited for the relevant addition of details.

Kaiser Maverick

Hey Dark is my bio good? Just wanna know before I post

Acid Lips

Name: Sakura Mishida
Race: human
Abilities: (Be sensible, God-moding is not permitted in this RP)
Hair color: Red
Height: 5'00"
Weight: 110
Basic Appearance: http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/d2cd488e56b90b65cff596a6c6a8c1ac.png  Tattoo on her lower back of a tribal of thorns
Love/Crush:(whoever wants to)
Sexuality: Bisex
Personality: Very serious girl, that does not meant she cannot have fun. Her life has been hard and she lived it all with the help of music, she is always seen singing to herself or humming out loud. Very friendly girl although serious about her stuff, she does not like people making fun of her or other girls. Not being afraid of punching a boy if he insults or bully a girl reason why she is well known to be a rascal in that matter
History:
Her life has been a difficult one, she was born in Okinawa japan. Her father was a drunk that beat her mother she always tried to endure their fights and her mother always getting out with some sort of scratch of scar. She is the oldest of three sisters wich makes her sort of the protector when their father is drunk. She has received  a lot of beatings due to that. Her only way out of all that suffering is singing, forming a band called "Girl's Dead Monster". The band grew famous in the school and when their concerts are scheduled the entire stage fills up wich is perfect for raising for charities and help with other people who needs it. Now being grown up she goes with her  band to the university aiming to make a impression in older people. 

She always writes her stuff from the bad things she had gone through her life and the life of her band mates. There is a song that her mother always sing to her and her sisters. Is a song that she never reveals to any of her team mates. The song talked about how a single person can make it out of any stressful situation with the help of a good song inspired by the events of her getting beat down by her own father. The letter is a sad song that always fills her heart of sorrow and is the song she is always seen singing and humming around when she is by herself. Her live being a living hell she do her best to protect her two younger sisters, carry in the university and be with her band. She had never grown to see love as she is by herself every time and no boy never actually peaks to her due to her fame in school not only for being a perfect singer but defending woman with fist.
Weapons: Although unknown to her, her singing has a amazing gift of attracting people in masses and making them do whatever she wants if placed in the middle of her song.
Extra: Older sister, She has a band (if any of you want to make her band mates let me know, is a all girl band), she has a pet cat named Luna wich is always with her since is very little.

(this is the song she is seen singing around, the song of her mother)
Angel Beats!#3 Girl Dead Monster-My Song【Chi Sub】

(Lyrics) (http://atashi.wordpress.com/2010/04/22/angel-beats-insert-song-crow-song/)

(this is more of their style of normal music)
Angel Beat! Concert

Dark Deception

Everyone's profiles get a green light. You're all good to go.

Acid Lips

Kurokage909

Name:Kuro Kage
Abilities: Super athletic (Jumping high, Falling slowly, Fast) and maybe more later
Hair color: Blonde
Height:5 foot 11
Weight: 165 lbs
Basic Appearance: http://media.photobucket.com/image/anime%20guy%20with%20sword/sammyloohoo/Anime%2520Role%2520Play%2520Boys/Konen.jpg
Love/Crush:(N/A)
Personality: Perverted around friends but as soon as a conversation starts with a stranger,he becomes shy.
History: No history yet
Weapons: Katana
Extra:

Dark Deception

Kurokage909

Can I get a link to the rp? and I would like a dorm

Dark Deception

The link is on the front page with a big red marker pointing to it. As for dorms, I need to go back to dorming people up, so I'll do that now.

Dark Deception

Dormitory

Building Name: Surge

Room Pairings: Nancy (elfguy) and Syleria (pendarious) - 208
Tou Yaiba (The7thKeeper) and Tsuna Yamamoto (Kaiser Maverick) - 113
Shoal Larenthenial (Kineas) and Yuuki Taylor (Daril) - 213
Jack Swift (Xero) and Kuro Kage (Kurokage909) - 108
If you notice, the guys are on the first floor and the girls are on the second floor. I also put the players' rooms above and below each others. So don't make too much noise.

Where we are with dorm pairings currently. I realized that I forgot myself when I made this, but the next guy will be my dormmate and the next girl will be Acid Lip's. Enjoy your pairings. It was a random selection.

Dark Deception

For those of you who aren't in a university or have never been. There is no "principle." There is only a President. There are also Deans, which are pretty much the academic enforcers. Then there's the director of whatever department your major is in, and then your student advisor. There are several more in the hierarchy, but I was pretty much naming the people you'd more than likely be involved with. Also, I want people to take the uniform code seriously. It's not fair if some students are wearing the uniform and others choose not to. If your character is not wearing the uniform, then you automatically submit them to punishment. If no one was going to have their character wear the uniforms, then I wouldn't have even bothered to put uniforms in the RP.

Acid Lips

*somehow thinks that was directed to me hehehehe sorry I will fix it*

few twicks here and there and is fixed, sorry

pendarious

hehe well it's a good thing i had my character switch out of her knight armor and into the uniform (through a magical shift mind you*

Dark Deception

Nice to see that this is still kicking. I got pulled into an addicting MMO lol. I wasn't getting anymore PMs for some reason.

Acid Lips

Can you people take me out? I am not really feeling this rp and don't know what to do so I will back out before I go deeper.

Dark Deception

Yeah sure. You can go ahead and not do this anymore. If others want to quit, you can. This RP could only exist if everyone was good at GMing their own stories and loved their characters enough to watch them continue. I couldn't be the only one to make incidents happen, and I was kind of experimenting with this RP to see what kind of RPs last longer. Apparently the ones where the GM controls the story line do. o_o I have another RP that I plan to have going based on a horror anime (don't get turned off it was pretty good). I haven't decided if I wanted to do it here or elsewhere even though it's mature. But that one will have a GM-controlled storyline. I will just need dedicated people. You guys so far seem that way and the RP won't be rushing anyone. But be sure to check it out when you see it. :p

Acid Lips

Kineas

I've been taking it a bit slower since not too many posts seem to be happening on a daily basis. I wouldn't wanna spam it up on you guys x3  However I'm definitely still checking in on a regular basis ~

pendarious

i have the will to continue......i'ts just ive gotten into watching everyone elses characters and am currently suffering a bit of writers block. and i'll also be willing to check in on your other idea.