The Sweetest Revenge. (Elvi and Sherona)

Started by Sherona, October 16, 2007, 11:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherona

Frusterated and angry, growing more irritated and yes humiliated by his laughter at her expense, Sonja fumed and plotted ways of disembowling him without the use of her powers. "You want me more comfortable? Take a dive out the window." Shifting, struggling to keep herself covered but at the same time not seem as if she were cowering, Sonja cursed under her breath. "Just quit this game. You want more of a spectacle then merely bringing the head of the insurgents to your coronation? Fine, but quit playing the cat and mouse game..it does not become someone who would be King."

Elvi

"Heads?"
Borghast laughed even louder.
"Is that what you think I am going to do? You really think I would be so crass as to have executions in celebration of my becoming King?"

Turning away from her he walked to the window and looked down, it was a very long way to the ground below, with not foot holds or ledges to cling to.
Swinging back around he leaned against the wide sill and looked at her once more, still grinning.
"Now if I did that, I wonder what you would have in mind for my wedding?"
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Sherona

Only the fact that he hadn't mentioned her state of undress -thus making Sonja hope that her efforts at makingthe shift a little less revealing successful- kept her from moving toward 'her' room, away from him, back into the firelight. Instead she eyes his position, calculating how much force she would need to send him through it and onto the courtyard below.

"Oh I don't know..a few beheadings to baptize your coronation as King, followed by a couple hangings. I hadn't realized there was an unfortunate bride, however I am sure you could find a few villages to burn and pillage as a wedding gift to yourself."

Elvi

He continued to chuckle, the conversation becoming more and more ammusing to him.
It showed in his face, the way he spoke, the way he sat, almost as though he were watching a Jester from a roving troupe.

"And what, if anything would you suggest I gave my Bride...."
He leant back a little folding his arms as he stretched his legs out, to cross his ankles.
"Apart from myself of course, which in a way is enough, but I really am a generous soul."

Sherona

It was probably his obvious amusement, that infuriated Sonja the most, coupled by a rather turbulent day for her. Her head buzzed with the anger, and had she had access to her power, something she was becoming more and more suspicious that he had manage to have a hand in it, she would have surely have been throwing a few fireballs to say the least by now.

Yet she did not have access to her gift, and having forgone more physical training, Sonja must bide her time. She waits, glowering all the while, and then the moment happened. He seemed just a bit off guard, relaxed even. "I have an early wedding present for your Bride." That said she starts forward, pushing off the wall, headlong towards him. Picking up speed, praying that she had caught him off gaurd enough to where he did not have time to move or deflect her wieght, fully intending to push him out the window he sits in front of.

Elvi

To say that Borghast had placed himself by the window on purpose would have been a lie, it was, in fact, the usual resting place when he was in the room, at least when others were there too.

However, to say that he was always relaxed when he sat there would also be a lie. The grin on his face widened as he saw her finally crack and make a run for him, waiting until Sonja had reached the point of no return, he simply stood and opened his arms.
Catching her as though she were no more than a child, he held her in a tight hug. One arm wrapped firmly around her back, between her waist and shoulders, the hand, of his other, pushing her head tightly against his chest, she could hear his almost surprised laugh deep in his chest.

"My my....you are eager and here I was hoping to keep this moment for our wedding night...."

Sherona

She realized her peril as soon as he moved his arms, and though she tried to shift course it was already too late. Captured so easily, again, fanned the flames of her anger, and though she could not break away from his grasp she still fully tried to push back against him, not caring if he tipped over she would plummet with him.

Pushed and pulled, twisted and squirmed, her head held fast and her body pressed against his Sonja's arms trapped between her body and his. At first his words did not register in her rage fogged mind, yet slowly her struggles began to cease, becoming less as her energy gave out. Until finally she just hung limply in his arms, her breaths harsh and ragged from her fight. "Like Hell...I would sooner share a wedding night with a pig then you." Though her stomach boiled, her heart raced with the fury that ran so easily within her veins, Sonja only gave a half struggle to break his grip.

Elvi

She did make him stagger a little as she struggled, but this was a war hardened and well trained young man, of far greater hight and stature than herself.
Borghast side stepped slightly to his right and leant himself against the pillar that ran between the panes of leaded glass, hugging her even tighter as she struggled.

"Well...if you really prefer that...."
He chuckled all the more, kissing her on the top of her head.
"I know quite a 'rich' swine heard, who would most probably be willing to loan you his breeding boar..."
He planted another light kiss upon her before carrying on.
"I have heard of such things, but have never seen, mind if I watch?"

Sherona

Sonja stopped stuggling with her body, instead concentrated on pressing outward with her arms, trying to break his hold that way. Every brush of his lips against her head caused her to cringe, and the second actually coaxed a low growl from her throat. She finally stopped, holding still as death itself as she spoke between clenched teeth.

"Let me go." She demanded, her voice muffled slightly the firm set of her jaw making some of the letters blend together. "Watch all you want, you might learn a thing or two!" Falling silent, not struggling against him, but struggling to catch her breath.

Elvi

"Well anything to please you M'Lady and if you like to rut in the mud, then I shall watch and learn..."
Every time she struggled, he tightened his hold until even his arms had begun to complain.
"Tell me, do you need a special harness, or is your back strong enough to take the boar's weight?"

As soon as she had stopped struggling, he released her, opening his arms wide, though he made effort to move away.

Sherona

Once he released his grip on her, Sonja sagged slightly before she bolted away from him. It felt as if his hands were imprinted on her back and head so tightly had he held her. After she was some distance back, she turned so that she could keep a wary eye on him as she backed her way to the door where she had entered from. Yet she stops, suddenly aware that as of so far he has kept his end of the bargain, to the letter. Somehow she did not have trouble seeing him hoisting a boar around just to see her squirm.

Speaking as if she were speaking to a child, very slow and deliberate though her voice was hard rather then soothing, Sonja replied with, "I am afraid that you might have misinterpreted things. You see, often when people are being sarcastic they will say outlandish things to prove their point. My point was, I would not be sharing a wedding night with you ever..Ever."

Elvi

Borghast sighed.
"What? You tease me again?"
Leaning back onto the window sill, he took up his normal pose, when speaking casually to those with him, in that room.
"No lesson in beatiality?....I feel really let down now..."

The man in front of her dropped his head and pouted as though he were the petulant child she was speaking to.
"And no cuddles for Borgi either....Those poor children...."

Sherona

Raising her hands in the air, the universal gesture of exasperation, Sonja simply narrowed her dark dark eyes at him and said, "Next time your rutting with one of your whores, look in the mirror for your beastiality lesson." Turning on her heel she made for her open door, easily this time as she is unencumbered by velvet lengths of cloth.

Elvi

"On your head be it...."
He hadn't even raised his voice and spoke as though he were having a perfectly normal conversation, yet knew the accustics of this room so well, that he was able to make himself heard clearly.
"Well..on the heads of your people to be more precise..."

Borghast shook his head, as though he was terribly dissapointed.
"No wedding means a terribly big hole in the celebrations, it may have to be the executions after all..."

Sherona

His words did reach Sonja, and stopped her cold in her tracks, right as she was passing the threshold. Her hands come up to grip the door-frame, as the apparent implications rolled over her. "This has got to be a new low." She does not turn back to him, not trusting herself to keep her emotions from her face. Anger, she never minded showing, yet she did not want the bewilderment or stark fear to be readily evidence.

"Are you saying that if I don't give in to this ..this ludicrous demand..you will execute us all?" Execution, of course, was always a very real threat. It was a danger that every person in the movement had chosen to risk. Yet, did she have the strength to condemn seven people to death? She fears she has already been the cause of all those others..Eva, Jacov.

"What do you hope to gain from forcing me to marry you? I am sure there are women aplenty that would kill for the 'honor' of the title Queen."

Elvi

Borghast simply nodded, not that Sonja would be able to see that, but he did it none the less.
"Yes....I would execute all of them, starting with the children, I do so hate upsetting them and it would be so cruel to have them watch their parents die first and out of respect for your status, I would of course leave you till last."

Leaning his head against to cold pane behind him, he gave an overly theatrical sigh.
"As for why I wish to marry you instead of someone more agreeable?....Perhaps I have admired you from affar....possibly I fell in love with you as soon as you fell at my feet from that tree....maybe, just maybe it is simply because I can?"

He shrugged, again a movement Sonja could not see, but his tone of voice showed the indifference that matched the action.
"You are supposed to be the brains behind all of this, the brilliant tactition, your father's Daughter...why don't you figure it out?"   

Sherona

Sonja swayed slightly, if it had not been for her grip upon the door frame she probably would have fallen at his words. A sick feeling was slowly taking over her, and she started to long for the executioner's blade. The sight of the children played through her mind, and she does lean against the frame for support.

"The children...They have nothing to do with any of this." Sonja fairly spit this sentance out, though she has no doubt that Borghast would do exactly has he promised. The apple does not fall far from the tree, so they say. A rude sound comes from Sonja at his next words, followed by a harsh clipped laugh. "You wouldn't know love if it rose up and bit you. If you think to take control of my gifts, your in for a sad awakening...Though you probably already know they are gone." Turning finally, still keeping a steadying hand on the door, Sonja looks over to the new King. "Parading me about in chains would do just as well to show your new subjects that you have subjecated the rebel's leaders..My head on a pike would show them just as well that I am out of the picture." Eyes darker then the night sky, squint and glare at him through the dimming light of the fire.

"It seems you have managed to checkmate me...for the moment."

Elvi

"As I said M'Lady"
He gave her a brief bow of the head.
"You are your Father's daughter, now why would I wish to leave..Hmmm...how many is it?"
He titled his head up to the ceiling as though to count, then fixed his gaze back onto her.
"Oh yes....29 children and two on the way....to grow up as you have?..."

He snorted, still ignoring any reference to her powers, even though she continued to prod him.
"And how could I put such a fair, though rather scrawny maiden such as yourself, in chains?"

Sherona

Sonja had to take a moment to reign herself in, it would do no good to humiliate herself once more by doing something rash again. To calm herself, she begins to count the her breathing, control it, and make herself aware of every beat of her racing heart. It may have seemed like a long time before she answers, but when she does her voice is markedly calmer.

"I grew up the way I did out of necessaty. If you learn from your father's mistakes, rather then follow the same path of destruction he has then those children will not have to grow up as I." A derisive glance is given, her gaze raking over his figure with a dissecting concentration. "Though I suppose that would be too much to ask of one such as yourself."

A longsuffering sigh is emitted, her finger coming to pull lightly on the collar at her throat. "You have already collared me, it is not too short of a leap to chains. If you would just tell me what you want, what you hope to gain by a sham of a marriage, I am sure we could work out a suitable compromise."

Elvi

"Oh.....I have learned a lot from my Father's mistakes....and don't think I haven't..."
His light hearted mocking had been replaced by a spiteful bitterness.
Borghast stood, taking a step towards Sonja, but he stopped himself from coming closer.
"Though one thing I have kept from him, is that I don't need to explain myself....to anyone..."

Turning his back on her, he bagan to walk back towards the tapestry that covered his door.
"Now go to your room, you have until dawn to decide whether you play the nice bride to be or see the first child beheaded in this very room...."

Without breaking his stride, not waiting for a reply, he lifted the heavy fabric and ducked behind it, leaving Sonja to make her own decisions.

Sherona

As he stepped closer, Sonja involuntarily stepped back. She does not respond to his words, or the venom in his voice, simply watches him warily. Watching him disappear behind the tapestry, deciding that there was entirely too many places for him to hide in such a simple room, Sonja spitefully does not return to her room. Instead, once he is gone she drifts back toward the window. The children were no longer playing, atleast not where she could see, however it almost seemed to her that she could still make out their essences in the gardens, so innocent and hopefully unaware of the peril they are in.

It was going to be a very long night, Sonja had slept too much this day to hope for weariness to force her mind to shut down. So she climbs into the sill, watching out the window for a very long time, until the embers in the fireplace had long cooled, and a chill started to enter the air. Only then does she slip into 'her' room, closing the door simply so that she might have some warning if some one entered, and slips beneath the thick covers upon the bed.

Elvi

Time passed, for some too quickly, for others mind numbingly slowly.

Greta, her well practiced fingers nimbly stitching and with the help of Ursa, worked against time, hurrying to get Sonja's dress and over dress finished.

The guards in the hall ways and gates of the castle kept themselves awake by passing the odd comment to each other, fighting of the drowsiness that a night shift brought, wishing that they were tucked up in their beds nestling against the warmth of their loved ones or at least some tavern wench.

The kitchen staff, busy with two feasts to prepare bustled around each other and allowed the younger amongst them to catch the odd nap before giving them a not so gentle nudge awake when they were needed.

The Bishop, helped by his two aids, to stand after a long kneel at the alter, finally crossed himself and headed to his rooms, a few hours sleep before early morning prayers at dawn.

And Borghast, snuggled deep beneath his heavy blankets, a smile on his face, slept the sleep of the innocent....

At sometime during the night, Greta and Ursa crept quietly into Sonja's room to leave the heavy velvet robe and the finer, but equally as beautiful silk inderdress, leaving just as quietly in the hopes of not disturbing a lady who, on the eve of her wedding would need a good sleep.
They smiled to each other as they left, snicking the door closed once more, both felt she was so lucky to be marrying the King....

Sherona

Sonja was not sleeping when the two sneaked into her room, but a cracked lid told them who, and what they were about. Not wanting to be forced to speak or dwell on anything but her own inner turmoil she feigns sleep until they leave.

She lays contemplating her situation until she can lay no more. Throwing back the covers, shivering at the chill but still crawling from the bed none-the-less she pushes back the door to peer out the window quietly. Dawn was just beginning to creeping over the horizon, and though she knew the choice that she really did not have lay heavy on her she allowed herself a slight respite as the grey edges of the sky start to lighten.

She inspects the clothing that the seamstress and maid had laid out for her, admitting the craftsmanship was impeccable, and even the fabric was a brilliant shade. She would have donned it, not wishing to deliver the decision dressed only in a shift, however she is not certain she could actually get the dress on without some help.

Elvi

It was not Borghast who arrived as Sonja wathed to sun struggle to push away the grey of the night, but Ursa.
Her arms filled with soft towels, she walked into the room, closely followed by four men, struggling with a huge cast iron bath and three maids carrying two buckets each of hot steaming water.

Her eyes immediately found the figure of Sonja framed by the window.
"Oh..god morrow M'lady, we have brought your morning bath...Tea is on it's way and breakfast..."

As she spoke the men hefted the heavy bath over to the fire side, three of them bowed and left while the fourth tended the fire, adding wood and coaxing it back into life.

Sherona

Sonja was loathed to admit the relief as the bath was brought in. She figures that they bathed her while she 'slept' yet she still felt as if grime was left over. She hurriedly covered herself as the men set things up as best as she could, wondering at the amount of privacy she had in a simple cave while here it seems as if there is almost always someone around.

"Thank you Ursa.." Sonja speaks, weariness heavy on her tones and she gives a polite nod to the others whose names she did not know to include them. "However I am expecting Borghast shortly, and I do not wish him to burst in while I bathe." She used his name purposefully, peevishly denying the title he had been born to.