Monster hunters - Closed for applicants

Started by Anna Katrine, August 10, 2014, 05:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Katrine

After watching a whole lot of Supernatural and the Van Helsing movie, I conjured up the following idea:

A small group of people are tasked by the Vatican to travel the world and rid it of all things nasty, evil and unholy. Set in 1870, the group would encounter monsters more "appropiate" to that time periods, such as hunting werewolves in the english countryside or excorsim of american civil war ghosts.

The idea would be for the group to take on a lot of different monsters, making for more between assignment banter in the group and hopefully also making the RP more digestable by chopping it up into smaller adventures. The RP is meant to be a fun and adventure filled ride, with some funny interaction between the members of the group.

So I'm looking for 2 or 3 people to join me in a quest around the world in an adventure filled with action, fun and sexy times :)

P.s: Any ideas for ideas for monsters and/or locations would be greatly appriciated.

Lynnette

I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

1SAZ

I do love me some Van Helsing-esque monster hunting. Count me in.

Anna Katrine

Yay, thank you both for your interest :)

I don't really have a character sheet or anything at the moment for you to look at. I've never really hosted a group game before ;)

1SAZ

If I may, I can make up a character template that will work, PM it to you for approval and if needed, tweeking. Would that work?

TheGlyphstone

This sounds like fun - count me in, if you're taking up to 3 others.

Are you planning on taking a director's role/GM to push the plot forward, pick what monsters we're hunting, and portray NPCs, as well as being a Hunter in the team? The alternative would be taking a co-GM, and or/dividing up traditional GM duties among the players OOCs...less work for you, but more work for everyone else.

Anna Katrine

1SAZ you are more than welcome to make a template, thank you very much :)

Welcome on board Glyphstone. I had planned to play the director as well as I could, but I would love help from one, if not all, of you.

Interdiction of words

Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

Anna Katrine

I am afraid so, unless one of the others decide to back out.

The following is the character sheet courtesy of 1SAZ:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]

Underneath is an example/my character for reference:

Name: Mona Orphelin
Nationality: French
Appearance: Mona is a tall slender figure, donning short blonde hair reaching her shoulders. Her body is somewhat atlethic and flexible.
Equipment: Mona carries a pair of silver adorned LeMat revolvers as well as a turkish dagger.
Personality: She always tries to keep a bright outlook on the situation, and a clear head. She is very open minded and excited to see what the world has to offer.
Biography: Mona grew up on the streets of Paris all alone untill she was picked up by a priest at the age of fifteen. He was one of the first hunters, and he decided to train Mona and pass on his equipment to her as he retired. Now Mona is fully trained and excited to partake in the new hunter program alongside her equals.

Tydorei

Lynnette

Tyr, you can have my position, I have another project brewing up, so please, take over. Actually, I think Interdiction of Words was here first...
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Interdiction of words

I will take her spot if you, Anna will give your blessing
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Anna Katrine

Hope you have fun on your other project Reaper.

Of course you have my blessing Interdiction :)

Tydorei, I feel bad to leave you hanging so I dont mind bending the rules a bit if you want to join :)

TheGlyphstone

For your first group game, you really don't want to overstress yourself. Even if it makes you feel bad, better than taking on too much of a workload and causing the whole thing to collapse.

Towards that end - if Interdiction really wants to play, I don't mind ceding my spot to him. That'll maintain your 4 players/characters (2 female, 2 male for balance).

Interdiction of words

So should I make two characters so in case that we need a balance of females to males or vise versa? Or do you wish that I make one and we continue with that?

TheGlyphstone

If everyone plays their gender (not guaranteed, but I assume by default), you'll have Anna and Tydorei playing girls, and 1SAZ and you playing guys.

Anna Katrine

The last thing I want to do is pressure/force someone to play multiple parts. And as Interdiction points out, I have not really hosted a group game before so maybe I need to be careful of how much I think I can handle.

Interdiction of words

I think I have an idea, Glyth could help you CO-GM if you wish and do you want me to send you my character  through the PM system?

TheGlyphstone

I don't think I have the time commitment available to outright co-GM. Just doing what I can to help the game get off the ground, and make sure it can fly on its own. ;D

Anna Katrine

Well that settles it then :)

I will appriciate any help you are willing to give me Glyph :)

And yes, please send me the character sheets trough PM :)

TheGlyphstone

Only two things come to mind right now...

In terms of general game-running; if there are going to be adult/sexy scenes between PCs, have the PCs in question do it in a side-thread instead of the main story thread, with it taking place in an appropriate period of downtime. The quickest way to kill a group game is to make the entire thing freeze to a halt while a third or half of the players are engaged in a sex scene.

For a monster-hunting game specifically - don't be afraid to go outside the traditional classics, to add some variety and make the game last longer. Everyone knows werewolves, vampires, ghosts, zombies...but how often do you see, say, the Aswang, a type of shapeshifting demon from the Phillipines that likes to feast on human fetuses? Or the Malaysian Penanggalan? Mythologies from different parts of the world can have some damn weird stuff in them.

Anna Katrine

Tydorei

Don't feel obligated to squeeze me in. I don't want someone to drop, just so I can get it. It's not the end of the world or anything if I'm not in the game.  ::)

Anna Katrine

Well the spot is there if you want it :)

Anna Katrine

After some heavy consideration, I have decided to rework this idea completely and as a result this group game is not going off the ground. I am sorry if this comes as an inconvience for you guys, but I simply do not feel that this is the right time for me to begin such an elaborate project.

Again I apologize this sudden end.