News:

Main Menu

Metal-Topic Mosh Pit

Started by TheLoversBeast, March 26, 2013, 07:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

Thanks guys and gals... Just let me know when you all swing by and I'll break out the Guinness and bust out some Kittie or Arch Enemy... Concert wise I did see Emphatic when they were still known as Veneculas and they kicked ass back then. Great opening choice for Jackyl... Although there was also the time when 3 Day Meat Sale opened for Quiet Riot, they really didn't go together.

Someday maybe I get lucky and Jada Pinkett Smith puts Wicked Wisdom back together for a tour....

MrCrowley

By the way, what are you guys listening to right now?

Foo Fighters - Stranger Things Have Happened
"To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour." - William Blake

TheLoversBeast

Quote from: MrCrowley on March 26, 2013, 09:25:35 PM
Yeah! Mikael Ã…kerfeldt's a genius of songrwiting. And their instrumental is unmatched.

I agree they are for sure one of a kind!
When I'm around, My mission is always to say howdy duty to yo fruity

TheLoversBeast

Quote from: lover of the moon03 on March 26, 2013, 09:23:58 PM
We should write with this awesome guy A-train! He gets us! ;)

Damn straight!!! Haha

TheLoversBeast

Quote from: MrCrowley on March 26, 2013, 09:44:49 PM

Actually right now I have no music playing haha

Sasquatch421

Quote from: MrCrowley on March 26, 2013, 09:44:49 PM

Actually I popped in the soundtrack for Dee Snider's Strangeland... I so love that movie and the soundtrack kicks ass... Dee, Sevendust, Coal Chamber, Pantera, Megadeth, (hed)p.e. and more... I would recommend finding the soundtrack for Alone in the Dark as well. While the movie sucked ass, the soundtrack was a metalheads dream...

TheLoversBeast

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on March 26, 2013, 09:42:35 PM
Thanks guys and gals... Just let me know when you all swing by and I'll break out the Guinness and bust out some Kittie or Arch Enemy... Concert wise I did see Emphatic when they were still known as Veneculas and they kicked ass back then. Great opening choice for Jackyl... Although there was also the time when 3 Day Meat Sale opened for Quiet Riot, they really didn't go together.

Someday maybe I get lucky and Jada Pinkett Smith puts Wicked Wisdom back together for a tour....

Hell yeah I'm down. Ive never heard of Emphhatic, Jackyl, Wicked Wisdom or 3 Day Meat Sale hahaha xD I have some research to do!!

Sasquatch421

Jackyl is an older band the lead singer will do solo's with a chainsaw and they always play Sturgis anymore. Heck I remember when Jesse James Dupree was on the Tom Green show and cut the corner of his desk off with the chainsaw. It was almost as funny as Bobcat Goldthwait setting the chair on fire on the Tonight Show. Emphatic has been doing some of the themes for the WWE. Wicked Wisdom was never really well known, but Will Smiths wife was the lead singer...

Another group to check out is Steel Panther... They are bringing back the old Hair Metal, but are extremely dirty with their lyrics...

TheLoversBeast

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on March 26, 2013, 10:07:04 PM
Jackyl is an older band the lead singer will do solo's with a chainsaw and they always play Sturgis anymore. Heck I remember when Jesse James Dupree was on the Tom Green show and cut the corner of his desk off with the chainsaw. It was almost as funny as Bobcat Goldthwait setting the chair on fire on the Tonight Show. Emphatic has been doing some of the themes for the WWE. Wicked Wisdom was never really well known, but Will Smiths wife was the lead singer...

Another group to check out is Steel Panther... They are bringing back the old Hair Metal, but are extremely dirty with their lyrics...

I like steel panther, and I do know Jackyl hahaha I dont know why, it didnt click right away. And im sure ive heard emphatic just didnt know.

Thats pretty crazy about Will Smiths wife!!! XD

Ray Banner

Ahh the good old metal, the good old days and the good old guitars.

I used to play rhythm guitars and do vocals for a band back in college... did it for around three years or so. From Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeath to Black Sabbath, Black Label Society, Rage Against the Machine and Killswitch Engage. Good stuff.
Ons & Offs - Ideas - A/A

"When" said the moon to the stars in the sky; "Soon" said the wind that followed him home. "Who" said the cloud that started to cry; "Me" said the rider as dry as a bone. "How" said the sun that melted the ground; "Why" said the river that refused to run. "Where" said the thunder without a sound; "Here" said the rider and took up his gun.

LtRipley

Anyone who likes metal bands with angry female singers should check out Otep, they are without a doubt one of the best bands out there

Ray Banner

Quote from: Atroxa on March 29, 2013, 12:18:43 AM
Anyone who likes metal bands with angry female singers should check out Otep, they are without a doubt one of the best bands out there

Love their 'Confrontation." Since the band had a female lead guitarist we used to cover that on occasion when she wanted vocals, pumpin' and energetic!
Ons & Offs - Ideas - A/A

"When" said the moon to the stars in the sky; "Soon" said the wind that followed him home. "Who" said the cloud that started to cry; "Me" said the rider as dry as a bone. "How" said the sun that melted the ground; "Why" said the river that refused to run. "Where" said the thunder without a sound; "Here" said the rider and took up his gun.

LtRipley

Quote from: Ray Banner on March 29, 2013, 12:26:21 AM
Love their 'Confrontation." Since the band had a female lead guitarist we used to cover that on occasion when she wanted vocals, pumpin' and energetic!

"Confrontation" is one of my character's theme songs lol

Another great band, Deftones, I'm totally jealous of a friend of mine who just saw them in Florida, oh and Alice in Chains is playing here next month, I wish I had the money to go see them x.x whyyy do I have to be poor?

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Atroxa on March 29, 2013, 08:35:12 PM
"Confrontation" is one of my character's theme songs lol

Another great band, Deftones, I'm totally jealous of a friend of mine who just saw them in Florida, oh and Alice in Chains is playing here next month, I wish I had the money to go see them x.x whyyy do I have to be poor?

I'm going to miss Krofest... Alice in Chains, Bullet for My Valentine and Halestorm my summer would have been complete. Still get to see Lita Ford this summer though...