News:

Main Menu

Children of Man

Started by Mindhazingsquid, January 12, 2007, 09:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mindhazingsquid

I've never seen a film that so moved me to write something about it.  But this one... I want to discuss with someone who felt the same about it.  My dad would have no interest in it and my step-mother wouldn't understand it since she's Ukrainian and doesn't have the best grasp of english.

Children of Man was powerful and moving.  It had wonderful and stirring imagery and music.  It caught the depression and hopelessness so well.  I cried.  I don't mean teary like some movies make me, I mean like I was on the verge of bawling.  I barely held back only because it would have been embaracing in a theater full of people.

King_Furby

Isn't the movie just a remake of another one, cause i could swear this is an older more just like it.

just how Day After Tommorow was a remake isn't Children of Man also a remake of an older movie. Maybe i am wrong but i swear i have seen a movie just like Children of Man

Mindhazingsquid

I think there was a book or movie that was similar but I don't know if it was based off it or not.

One thing I noticed about the cinematography is that it really put you there.  *I don't know if this is a spoiler or not but I'm putting this anyway*
Like that one scene when they're running through the camp trying to get passed all the people shooting each other without getting shot themselves.  They set the camera low to the ground and had it jostle and stuff like you were running along beside them.
No more spoiler for now