News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The "Did you know...?" Game

Started by Adammair, January 26, 2012, 03:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Grimm

Hahaha, indeed I do.

Did you know: When it comes to studying, cramming pushes information into short-term memory rather than long-term memory, which is where information should be stored for more successful retention?
I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

Adammair

Ummm, I used to know that, but I forgot. :P

Did you know that alcohol, in moderation, has a stimulant effect instead of a depressant effect?

naughtygirl

I did!

Did you know that it is physically impossible for pigs to look up at the sky?

Jalynn6

Quote from: Ryder on February 17, 2012, 07:25:54 PM
Hahaha, indeed I do.

Did you know: When it comes to studying, cramming pushes information into short-term memory rather than long-term memory, which is where information should be stored for more successful retention?

I know I know but I had to say something about this!  That method (cramming) is used for quick reguretration- and the only time I ever used it succesfully (as you implied correctly is difficult) was literally ON THE WAY to the class that I had the test in.  This method works when learning certain era's of history or math formulas you will NEVER use again! *getting off the soapbox now and Thanks! That was an awesome 'Did you know!'

I did not know that!

Did you know that pigs roll in mud because they can not sweat through their skin and it keeps them cool?

Adammair

Yes, I did.

Did you know that the COBOL programming language has been around since 1959?

MrModular

I did not.

Did you know that snakes "hear" through their jawbone and a more conventional inner ear as well?

Keefie

Oddly enough I did~

Did you know that sneezes, along with orgasms, are the only physiological responses that cannot be voluntarily stopped once they have started?

Mr Bigglesworth

Did you know that giraffes have seven bones in their neck, same number as humans.

Anesa

I think I once read that somewhere....  ;)

..that the average person presses the snooze button on their alarm clock at least three times each morning?

Jalynn6

Quote from: mrbigglesworth on February 23, 2012, 03:33:38 PM
Did you know that giraffes have seven bones in their neck, same number as humans.

So does their neck include the same basic span as ours? from skull to shoulder blades? or what? I am going to have to look that up! It is one of those things I want to see before I believe! It seems so impossible, doesn't it?  -looked it up and its true! They are just.. longer? that was an interesting read! THanks!

I did not know that but,
I believe that people hit the snooze button at least three times. I would like to meet the person who hits it five times to make up for my one time!

Did you know that... teenagers will get used to the same alarm and need to change it periodically for it to continue to wake them up!

Anesa

Nope, I did not know this. :-)

that, the normal static electricty shock that zaps your finger when you touch a doorknob is usually between 10,000 and 30,000 volts?

(I HATE it when I get shocked in my house, or in the grocery store!!!  And that's the two places it seems to happen alot!)

Adammair

I didn't know this.

Did you know that when a person gets electrocuted, it's not the volts that kill them, it's the amps?

Mr Bigglesworth

I knew that - Camille is lucky he static electricity has so few amps  :D

Did you know that Valdez, AK gets on average more 327 inches of snow eachyear - the most in the USA.

DeadCell

o.o wow that's a lot of snow.

Did you know the United Kingdom has more tornadoes each year than the USA, in fact for it's size the UK has more tornadoes than anywhere else on earth.

ONS AND OFFS / Click Me For Story Ideas /
What is the colour of night?

Sybl

I did not know this.

Did you know that I missed you all while I was away on vacation?

Veluux

I didn't know, but can imagine.

Did you know that Tim Tebow got traded to the NY Jets?

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Sybl

I did not know that.

Did you know that I am writing a book?

Veluux

If only I had time to edit it for you - an enticing read I have no doubt.

Did you know I too am writing a book. :)

Sybl

I did! :)

Did you know that writing a book and typing the book are just as difficult as proof reading the book?

Veluux

I figured... :(

Did you know that the hat in your avatar is pimp?

Sybl

Did you lose your glasses?  8-)

Veluux

Actually... yes. I did.

Did you know I had glasses???

Misty Zephyrs

Now I do.

Did you know that you can bribe me with chocolate? (And, I'm also writing a book?)

OrchidofDarkness

No I didn't know that.

Did you know that my favorite car is a 1972 Dodge Charger with a slant six  ?
Every thing I gave is wasted, and I'm the one whos suffocated.

johns1994

I do now!

Did you know your avatar is stunning?