News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A Science Fantasy Idea[NC to EX]

Started by Dorian Grandale, November 09, 2012, 05:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caela

**This is a very rough draft and can easily be tweaked if needed.**

Name: Akira Rose Matthews

Race: Human

Personality: Akira tends to be the quiet and observant type. She's naturally kind but reticent to act too openly having been burned by others in her past. When she does open up her compassion and intelligence are obvious but so is a core of steel and a strength of will that most men would be envious of.

Background: Born to a military family, she was enrolled in the military branch that dealt with Psychics as soon as her Gifts began to show. She went to military schools with other Psychic children, only seeing her parents over holidays...and then only if they weren't on deployment somewhere. She, like the other children, spent a lot of holidays at the school. Some people might have thought that the lack of family would be a lonely way to grow up, but she was always surrounded by her peers and they became like her extended family. It wasn't "normal" but it wasn't lonely either.

The schools he was sent to actually did a rather good job of raising it's students. Each child was taught to their level and interests as well as to their skills, so while she might be the youngest in one class, she could be the among the oldest in others. They also ensured that the children were plenty active and not just in military maneuvers - though there were plenty of those as well.

They grew up knowing they would be a part of the military machine and learned the skills to make that happen smoothly.

Her own education, and abilities, led her to communications on military spacecraft at the young age of just 16. Being that young might have been a problem if she hadn't had the training she had and between that, and her Gifts, many of the crew actually just steered clear of her as a young girl. The other Psychics, of varying types, were most commonly her friends, though some "norms" were able to get past the jitters her abilities initially caused them and were friendly as well.

Abilities: Her most powerful ability is communication over distance. She can, mentally, contact almost any other Psychic as far 8-10 light minutes away, and leave no trace. The conversation cannot be heard or listened in on. She can also contact "norms" at a distance but it's one way communication, not a conversation and contacting an unprepared mind is far more taxing than speaking with another Psychic and will leave her shaky and exhausted for hours. Also, since a "norm" isn't able to share any of the energy expenditure in such communication she can only reach a "norm" at a distance of 4-6 light minutes away. In an absolute emergency, with endorphines and adrenaline pumping and giving her extra energy, those distances might be stretched slightly but as soon as that rush wears off she will be all but useless for a number of hours due to extreme mental, and physical, exhaustion.

She also helps out in the medical bay with her secondary ability. She can do a mental "scan" of a patient and give the medics a precise diagnosis of what is wrong or what illness ravages them. She can't heal them but she can help direct the doctors and save them from time consuming tests when time can be of the essence.

Ons: Men taller than her, light bondage, foreplay, sensory play, light pain
Offs: scat, watersports, beastiality, children, mutilation (most things can be negotiated as part of the game even if they aren't things she would necessarily enjoy. these are just strict "will not writes")

Dorian Grandale

Very, very awesome work. I like her already.

Just so I can gauge her ability, what would be her outer range wit her psi-comms?
"There ain't no sunshine when I'm low, how I'm low.
People tell me life's a game, I'm not playing.
Bitches don't mean shit to me, anymore.
I have taken my blows, I'm still standing.."

Caela

Quote from: Dorian Grandale on November 15, 2012, 05:21:31 PM
Very, very awesome work. I like her already.

Just so I can gauge her ability, what would be her outer range wit her psi-comms?

I was going to ask what was allowable. To be truly useful on a spacecraft, I was thinking she should at least be able to speak between the ships in her group. Not sure how far spread out those would be. Don't know what you wanted the range for them to be for the game though so I left it vague.

Dorian Grandale

Hmm, okay.

I'll give an example, then.

A common Kyrie Tek with this ability, can likely do about about 4.5 light seconds, or 13 million kilometers, while a similarly powered Terran could reach to about a little over 2 light-minutes, or 375 million kilometers. As a reference, the distance from Terra to Luna, is little more than a light second, and between Terra and Sol, is about 8 light minutes.

Sorry if I sounded too technical there. For your girl, I'd say somewhere around 4 to 10 light minutes would be a good range.

IrishWolf

Nice, go Terran Psychics.

I'll have my marine up later tonight.  What sized detachment of marines sounds good? A company? A battalion? A platoon? Something inbetween?

Caela

I'll put her at the upper end and say 8-10 light minutes out if she is contacting another Psychic and depending on their strength and 4-6 is making contact with a "norm" with no Psychic ability whatsoever.

Dorian Grandale

Hmm, ships and their crew complements vary wildly. Most small-scale warships would carry at leas a company, while a troop transport could carry an entire regiment.

The blockade runner for the story is a destroyer class armed transport, so there would be about two companies' worth of marines among the refugees and crew.

Caela: That works out well, then. Thanks.

IrishWolf

Hey  Dorian, I was working on my character's backstory and I had a couple of questions pop up. First, how long as the Terran-Quartona conflict been going on? Second, do the Quartona use the same types of weapons as the Kyrie?

Caela

Did we lose this before it even got started?

Kdyami

I've been out of town all weekend so I hope not.  I'm nearly done with my character.  If we're on I should have him up tonight or tomorrow morning
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

IrishWolf

I hope not!

Name: Jack Clark
Race: human

Ons: scars, tattoos, group sex, three ways (m/f/f preferred), uniforms
Offs: Anything related to bowel movements, children, animals, the Quartona,   
Abilities: Inspiring leader and combat training
Background: Jack was raised by his grandparents, due to the fact that his father was always working and his mother was, missing. A mostly happy child, he suffered learning to deal with personal loss as a young man, when his grandfather passed away. When his grandmother died, it left him adrift in life, unsure of what he wanted to do and left the teen alone in his father house. When he graduated high school, he fell prey, you could say, to a Marine recruiting officer and joined the Corps. For the first time in years, his father took an interest in what his son was doing and decided that no son of his, would be a grunt. Pulling a few strings and shelling out some money, Jack's father got him into the officer's academy. Between drills and classes, he found that he enjoyed the military life, finding a purpose for himself.

Fast forward a dozen years and Captain Jack Clark, of the Human Alliance Marine Corps (HAMC), was station on a training base, back on Earth, after several tours aboard a few military space craft, when the first Quartona attacks hit. The base was caught off guard but the surprise assault and suffered several strikes from some sort of heavy weapon, throwing large bursts of energy designed to stun. Dazed and confused, Jack was weaponless and dragging a female recruit towards the base medical center, when Quartona troops hit the ground. Before he even knew what was happening, one of the large reptilian warriors severed his right arm, just a little below his elbow and snatched the wounded recruit, leaving him to die.

However, Jack didn't die. He recovered from the shock and was able to use his belt like a tourniquet before bleeding out. Forcing himself up, he dodged through the raging battle around him, heading for the medical center. Finding that building on fire and several other wounded, he decided to head towards where he knew a field aid station should have been set up and carried with him, a marine with a broken leg. Before the day was over, he would carry ten more marines to the aid station, before being sedated and evacuated.

In the months since then, he had been promoted to Major, decorated for his heroics and been fitted with a a biomechanical prosthetic arm and hand. He chose a pure metal arm and hand, rather then having his own skin grown over it. He chose it to look that way as a reminder that he failed to save a fellow marine and let her get carried off by the enemy. Install inside the hand, is a chamber a pair of shotgun shells, with very short barrels, located in his "knuckles". 

Jack as recently been assigned to command the Marine detachment aboard a blockader runner, seeking to break out and locate allies.

Kdyami

Name: Dyami Mingan Namid
Race: Kyrie
Appearance: father: Mingan Dyami Hurit    Mother: Namid Abedabun Elan  Dyami has Dark hued wings contrasting his light blond hair.  His eyes are a violet/purple color and seem to glow when he uses his powers.  He has fair skin naturally but most often wears a dark blue covering to protect against exposure when in space.  He is almost never found without his Sword either.  For armor he favors psychic barriers and hooded cloaks.

Ons: Power Struggles, New Experiences, Light Hearted Fun, see RH profile
Offs: Scat, Death, Underage, see RH Profile

Abilities: Dyami has Mid-Level Engineering skills as well as Piloting skills.  He isn’t capable of designing fleats or large planetary defenses but has a firm grasp of space travel and flight and all things related to those feats.  Particularly suited for disabling enemy ships and putting damaged ones back together to get back into a fight.  He is also capable of building minor constructions that have combat orientations such as turrets, or barriers, etc.  Dyami has basic communicating training, mostly with other Psychics, he can reach out and communicate with people who are ready to receive and not particularly adept at communicating with unprepared minds.  Also trained to communicate  with his squad at will while on maneuvers to coordinate tactics. He also has basic psychokinesis, not moving a ship or anything large, but enough to act as a second pair of hands, be it controlling the ship with less crew, movinging an item across the room, or rewiring the console in half the time.

Background: Mingan Dyami Hurit a warrior of some renown on Kyria was given charge of a tek, Namid Abedabun Elan.  She was assumed barren and as such they spent many years fighting the enemies of the Kyrie.  One day Namid Abedabun Elan discovered she was pregnant with Mingan Dyami Hurit’s child.  Removing her from combat she had a son which they named after his grandfather Dyami Mingan Namid. 

Nearly from birth Dyami’s father taught him the way of the warrior hoping fervently that he would be accepted to the Agoge, the military school.  However he inherited much of his mothers Tek ability and the government sent Dyami to the Pedagogy, the tek school, at the age of seven.  Dyami’s father pulled a few strings and made arrangements for Dyami to receive private tutelage to continue his warrior training while at the Tek academy.  Ten years later Dyami graduates in the top percentage of his class at the Pedagogy and is given his first commission.

Dyami is placed in a Special Tasks Group and trained with them for the next two years mastering everything there was to know about space craft.  The special tasks group is commissioned in response due to increasing superiority in naval warfare of the Quartona.  Their squad is particularly trained to board other ships and disable them, if possible even use said ship to infiltrate and engage the rest of the Quartonan Navy.  They are trying to balance the power of naval conflict one ship at a time.  This is where they are, in the middle of the blockade of earth, when the blockade runner charges the line.  Making first contact and trying to clear a path for the new found would be allies, Dyami and his squad are re-assigned to spearhead interactions with the Humans and when the time comes lead the counter-assault on the Quartona.

Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Alexandra Moldovia

Dorian said he might be going through net troubles, but I hope it won't be long, if anything he still has library access and can keep me updated.  Worst comes to worse this will probably pick up once his net comes to that, but I don't forsee it closing down just yet.

Caela

Thanks for the update, Alexandra! :)

IrishWolf

Dorian Grandale

Indeed. I was offline for a few days, but I managed some magics. I am back now. Yay!

Hmm, very entertaining background, IrishWolf. He'll fit in just fine among the crew, seeing he's a hero and all, that's for sure. Also, is that a Babylon 5 uniform? If not, what is it? I think I've seen it before.

Interesting pics, Kdyami. Your chara's pic, I had seen before. It's in use in a game I'm playing in here on E. I'd recommend using the second pic you have for him in there, just to avoid any trouble.

Nicely written background. I whole heartedly approve. A curiosity, though. What would you have his last name mean? Each House's name is actually the name of a profession, such as House Jabrek, which translates as 'Hunter'.

IrishWolf

Thank you! I figured that it was a good story for why he has a shotgun punch and that if you wanted to impress potential allies, send a hero. Win win for my character.

As for the uniform, I have no clue wheres its from. I did a google search for space marine, ignored all Warhammer 40,000 pics and searched for a regular human, in uniform, instead of armor, lol.

Kdyami

Ok I'll move the pics around when I get home. No worries. As to his name. I have no clue :). I based him on DnD Raptorans and their naming convention is given name same sex parents name then other parents name. If there's houses and naming conventions in place please point the way and I'll edit accordingly.

Dorian Grandale

Alright. I'm still working on some of the details. I'll have something up later today.

Caela

Dorian Grandale

Minor update to the OP, still working on a background wiki page. Remember, any ideas, suggestions, tribbles and atom bombs, feel free to drop them by!

Dorian Grandale

Caela

I will say that I'm still really interested in this game, I think it has a lot of potential but, with the holidays and such coming I do think that if we don't get something going that people will just let it drop off their radar.

Dorian Grandale

I'm working on that background. I will have an IC thread up soon afterward.

IrishWolf

I second the lovely Caela's opinion. We're gonna need something up soon or this is gonna be dead in the water before it gets started.