The Liberty Legion [MUL, Superheroes, Up to NC-E, Seeking F]

Started by TheVillain, August 20, 2009, 12:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moon and Star

Yah har. Witchblade, one of my favorite characters/weapons. :3

GrinningHound

I like to keep descriptions pithy so I can paint a more vivid, lively picture through my posts (like appearance and personality).

Name: Gareth Slaughtovich

Physical Description:  Black hair, shortish and wild.  Black eyes, fair skin, generally scruffy facial hair.  Lean, rangy muscle, roughly 6' tall.

Personality:  Depends wildly on his mood.  He is passionate and emotional and extroverted, but that can manifest itself in many ways, from dark, brooding depression to maniac gregariousness.

Background:  His early life was in Seattle.  His father was a deadbeat who died driving drunk when he was young.  His mother passed away from illness a couple years after.  He was raised by his grandparents (an only child). his grandfather was a Russian World War 2 vet, his grandmother a sweet old woman who loved to cook.  They both passed away shortly after high school due to old age.

Gareth's didn't go to college.  He was depressed after his grandparent's passing, and became heavily involved in drugs and the 'wrong crowd'.  His entire meager inheritance was spent on becoming blissfully unaware of the world.

After a couple years, a man approached him, introducing himself Robert Jones, likely an alias.  He was searching for an amulet that had belonged to his grandfather.  Upon Gareth's refusal to yield his single most sentimental possession, he was shot in the stomach, managed to shove his assailant, who tripped over a fire hydrant.  He ran, but it was dark and the streets were deserted, and he was crippled.  The assailant pursued him, eventually cornered him in an abandoned warehouse.  Gareth shoved a shelf up against a door, and slowly bled to death as Robert tried to find a way into the room.

As a final act of defiance, he popped the crimson bloodstone out of the amulet, crushed it in his teeth, and swallowed it.  Robert finally found a window into the room, shot it out, and then shot Gareth in the head.

To his dismay, Gareth only screamed angrily, blood bubbling from his mouth and his wounds, and crushed the man with his hands.

He searched the body, feeling great.  He found some information, pursued it, violently, carving a bloody trail through the shadowy underbelly of the world, which culminated in the destruction of a dark Nazi cult, complete with hellish laboratory, in the snowy depths of Siberia.

Since, he has decided to become somebody, to make his grandfather proud.  He became Blood Red, a costumed crime fighter.  He has began studying chemistry and biology, to supplement his skill base.  Also, he has become an artist of some small renown in the field of painting and illustrating.  He also enjoys poetry and karaoke.

Powers:  Gareth crushed up, swallowed, and absorbed the Philosopher's Stone.  The change in his blood makes him the single most powerful shapeshifter on the planet. 

He is capable of not only transmuting himself, but also the elements around him.  It is more difficult to affect more matter.  A building will take some time to disintegrate, but a section of wall will fall away in a heartbeat.  He can breathe liquid nitrogen from his lungs, turn city streets to rivers of lava (etc).

He can transmute his own body into most any form, can make his muscles steely strong, turn his tongue into a poisonous boa constrictor (etc).  Upholding a form takes effort, though, especially if it's mass is larger than his natural form.

Finally, his body regenerates.  Bullet wounds close in scant seconds.  Fire will burn him, but will be repaired faster than it is damaged.  He doesn't drown, simply turns the water into oxygen, or forms gills (etc).  His body does not shut down unless the damage is so severe that it takes all his power to reform.  If his head explodes, it will regrow while his body remains active.

He has been known to turn himself into an explosive, taking out military bases, and then slowly reforming over the course of an hour or so, absorbing blood and bits of gore around him to build himself anew.

He needs blood to fuel his alchemical and regenerative power, and will generally absorb his defeated foe's life force into himself, or occasionally feeds like a vampire, either taking only a bit from a willing supplicant, or ripping out an enemy's neck and emptying them into his mouth.

Weaknesses:  When he doesn't absorb enough blood to recharge, his powers will become weaker with use.  Luckily, there is plenty of blood in his line of work.

There are forms of synthetic matter or chemicals that he has more trouble transmuting.

Transmuting more mass is more stressful and drains him more, as does using his power more often or for more dramatic purposes.  Turning into a lighting bolt to zip across the country will leave him exhausted and sickly pale until he can feed, for example.

TheVillain

You will probably need to be reigned in a bit as well. At least the snake is obeying natural instincts and the mad scientist is being watched. Blood Red is a but grimdark for taste but could be much worse. Welcome aboard.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

GrinningHound

Lul.  Sounds good, I don't mind conflicts.

What's grimdark?  :P

Moon and Star

TheVillain

Bumping this thread for two reasons.

One, Phaia- PM me, I like what I see so far but need more.

Two, I'd like to see some more female characters- so at the moment we're closed to new male ones.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Muse

Hm...  Do you have room for Shelly Baker the Comic Book Girl?

i usualy favor systems when i'm not working with Bishrook, but perhaps I'll bite. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheVillain

Need more information before making that call, but I'll definitely consider it. And in case I suddenly decide to clamp down and force people onto a system (unlikely unless someone god modes to an astounding degree), you'd have an edge.

Muse

I'll work on a full aplication, but i brief, Shelly's repressed sexuality and powerful creativity merges with her metahuman ability in such a way that when she feels endagered or inhibited, she transforms into one of the charecters from her comic books at random to fight crime, then enjoy herself in ways Shelly never would 'til she turns back at sunrise. 

Each charecter has it's own power set and it's own 'sidekick'. 

Eve the Gave Girl (And Buttercup the Pachesephalosaurus)
Lady Pendragon
Gunslinger Gwen
Cyberpunk Cynder
Space Pirate Pandora
Nanotech Apophesis Dee
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheVillain

*raises eyebrow*

Allright, so far so good. Let's see the full app when it's done.

Dawnstar7

I would like to sign up if there is still room.
I have an idea for a Superheroine who is kind of a cross between Captain America and Mr Terrific.
She is peak human with a gift for practically everything (the girl that throws the curve in everything for everybody).
I will follow up with a full write up if there is space.

TheVillain

For female characters, yes. There is room. Write out your character and I'll definitely consider it.

Transgirlenstein

If your looking for female characters, I would be interested.  I have two seperate ideas.

A superheroine who was once a female wrestler but after being given a new breed of steroids, mutated into a more snake like/lizard like thing giving her enhanced agility and speed.

A sidekick whose partner died in battle.  She took his place but is pretending to be him so as to not let it on he is gone.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

TheVillain

For some reason a female Luchadore popped into my head when I read your idea QTS. It was awesome.

And really, your ideas aren't exclusive.

A female luchadore who inherited her mask from her father- and thanks to it's mystical properties she gets increased speed and agility?

Transgirlenstein

hm the second idea was more of a Batman/Robin idea and the first a mutant but maybe if the mask imbued one with the speed and agility of the serpent?

Let me think on that, I'm liking it :)

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Crovonovin

The world of superheroes always needs more snake-themed do-gooders!

ABitOffTheWall

My Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=8432
Game Ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=61048.0
I will love you forever if you give me something Mass Effecty

Transgirlenstein

Name: The Emerald Scale/Escala Esmeralda, Marcella Sanchez
Physical Description: Marcella Sanchez is a lovely Mexican woman.  Her skin is dusky with long fine black hair.  She has both ears pierced but often doesn’t wear much jewelry.  As the Emerald Scale, she appears as a reptilian/snake like woman with green and blue scales covering her body.  Her hair becomes a bunch of blue feathers which cover her head in a plume, her eyes look like cat eyes.
Personality: Marcella is a bit of a bookworm.  She enjoys spending her time reading, sometimes going to coffee houses or the movies.  As Escala Esmeralda, she gets to enjoy the adventures she only read about.
Background: In Mexico, luchadors are celeberities.  Marcella Sanchez was the daughter of one of these masked wrestlers.  Her father, Samson Sanchez, was a special masked wrestler though.  His mask was once the mask of an Aztec high priest of Quetzalcoatl, the Feathered Serpent.  The mask gave him increased strength, speed and agility.  Samson was finally killed in the line of duty, a hero to many.  After his death, the mask was passed on to his daughter Marcella.

Marcella looked up to her father and was shaken by his death.  Now she wears his mask in his honor and fights the evils of the world.  When she is not fighting crime, Marcella works as a librarian at the local university.
Powers: When Marcella puts on her father’s emerald feathered mask, she transforms into the Emeerld Scale or Escala Esmeralda!  As Escala Esmeralda, Marcella gains enhanced agility and speed.  Her strength also increases though it does not reach very high levels.  She is also trained in the art of wrestling and boxing, specializing in very quick moves.  She can also slip out of most (but not all) bonds.  Her increased agility allows her to climb up walls as well.  The mask also makes her immune to poisons (but not drugs).
Weaknesses: Without her mask, Marcella is powerless.  Even as Escala Esmeralda, she is not invulnerable.  Though her scaly body can stand up to most things, she can still be shot or stabbed or die from a great height.

TheVillain

I like it, with a few notes.

A.) We have a Quetzalcoatl, a big ass genetically engineered snake. Not sure if this should be relevent in any way but I do think it should be pointed out.

B.) Killed in the line of duty can easily mean the Ker-ra invasion a few months back. Maybe another relative tried to use the mask but wasn't pure enough?

Anywho, I like it.

Bayushi

Transgirlenstein

^_^

I'll make some sort of intro post eventually.

I only picked the big Q cause he was the main plumed serpent god though there were a few.  I'm looking forward to playing her actually :)

TheVillain

Speaking of which, QTS and Precious- post here first with your characters.

Doktor Sleepless

Are there still spots open?

Pst, QueenTrippingSerpent... "scale" in Spanish as in a reptile's "scale" is "escama". :)

Crovonovin

Hmmm, a feathered snake-woman and a massive snake on the same team...I see potential!