[D&D5] The Last Ray of Light (Epic fantasy, Group or solo) CLOSED

Started by FragarachZ, February 10, 2015, 10:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

Not sure yet. Probably male, since there's quite a few females as it is. :P I have to say paladin is my favorite class, though it seems that's off the menu what with it being absent for non-lightbringers and what with having two applicants already.. I would actually like to take the role of the more vulnerable character (A male paladin that is eager to charge headlong into battle against the wishes of his stronger and more wizened companions appeal to me) but I don't want to try and compete for a niche that someone else is interested in...

Other than that, options seem a bit.. limited. Maybe a fighter, but honestly any other character strongly depends on who I would be playing in support of. I would try and make my character a good match to the lightbringer. So I haven't read everyone else's stuff yet but yes, it would really depend on who I am playing with. That's why no other ideas are coming to mind as easily. :P

FragarachZ

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on February 16, 2015, 02:52:22 AM
Not sure yet. Probably male, since there's quite a few females as it is. :P I have to say paladin is my favorite class, though it seems that's off the menu what with it being absent for non-lightbringers and what with having two applicants already.. I would actually like to take the role of the more vulnerable character (A male paladin that is eager to charge headlong into battle against the wishes of his stronger and more wizened companions appeal to me) but I don't want to try and compete for a niche that someone else is interested in...

Other than that, options seem a bit.. limited. Maybe a fighter, but honestly any other character strongly depends on who I would be playing in support of. I would try and make my character a good match to the lightbringer. So I haven't read everyone else's stuff yet but yes, it would really depend on who I am playing with. That's why no other ideas are coming to mind as easily. :P

I actually like that paladin idea. And no, I won't pick everyone who applies so I encourage everyone to make characters they really like to play and have fun rping. Go ahead and submit either either you want. It might be more interesting to run two groups if one has a cleric and the other a paladin, hmmm.
O&O

Inerrant Lust

Writing up something now, but I have to go to the store. :P

I am thinking human, scores.. 14, 12, 13, 12, 9, 15.. Though are you allowing the human variant (one extra skill, one extra feat?) Because then I might drop a point from dex and add it to wisdom... though having a negative wisdom modifier might be interesting. I figure he was very young when he witnessed the fall of Lux and his subsequent selection of his role as the next lightbringer. I think he was an acolyte training to be a paladin or something when Lux fell and he somehow escaped, so I think he will feel personally indebted to her for this great honor bestowed upon him. As such, he will strive to 'prove' himself worthy of her faith in him, so he will not shirk from combat. After-all, in his mind, what good is a lightbringer if they don't actively champion Lux's cause? :P

So he spent quite a few years gathering up the party, and might be about 17 years old when the game starts. As a result, he has focused all his mental energies into this task and is a little naive about other things. Ie; he has trouble seeing things outside the frame of his 'mission', so he has low wisdom. I can't decide if I want it to be 9 or 10.. whether his wisdom is just 'average' compared to the other party members or whether he's even less wise than your standard commoner. ;)

So yeah, he's a little immature. Perhaps too eager and brash to bring the fight to Tenebrax and his minions.

I am inclined to make him somewhat short, blonde, and handsome. Pretty to look at, but not very bright. Well, he'll have decent intelligence, but he's just naive. Suddenly I am reminded of this image...

If I had the time, I would draw the character myself, but I am perusing through others.. and this seems like the best bet, but he looks much too severe. My character will likely not flinch from plunging himself headlong into combat... but is absolutely doe-eyed when it comes to worldly things. I am inclined to believe that in the years he spent gathering up the party, someone may have been taking care of the practical things for him while he was just the living symbol of Lux's persistence. Perhaps one of the PCs. :P

That being said, he should mature and develop over the course of the game.

FragarachZ

Variant humans are allowed yes, and let's keep everyone at adult age, just in case.

He might have been 17 when Tenebrax won, and now 3 years later he finally is a paladin?

Also, it's lightbearer.
O&O

FragarachZ

I'd like to ask everyone who already posted interest/applied for the game to finalize character sheets and backstories by Tuesday night. I will check all the characters on this Wednesday (Feb.18.) and assemble them into groups, hopefully kicking off this campaign.
O&O

Far eyes

What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

FragarachZ

Most people use mythweavers, so let's all go with that.
O&O

Far eyes

Ok registered there, am i missing something it dos not seem they have a 5e sheet
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

A/A

Inerrant Lust

Oof. Must be thinking of a certain Baratheon's sword...  ::)

I am rather fond of the idea of my character being pretty young at the time he learned of his supposed destiny- maybe fourteen or so, though I can easily make him a twenty year old at the start of the campaign. It depends on whether or not it would make sense for your story that there's been that six year gap between Lux's fall and the start of the campaign.

Far eyes, try the alpha version of the sheets page. ;)

tuckers02

Quote from: Far eyes on February 16, 2015, 02:59:29 PM
Ok registered there, am i missing something it dos not seem they have a 5e sheet

I had to search for the 5e sheet to but it's there.

Far eyes

Rally.
On your turn, you can use a bonus action and
expend one superiority die to bolster the resolve of one
of your companions. When you do so, choose a friendly
creature who can see or hear you. That creature gains
temporary hit points equal to the superiority die roll +
your Charisma modifier.

Random question from the GM, am i my self a "Friendly creature"

A/A

FragarachZ

No. Abilities that specifically affect allies or friendly creatures don't work on you unless the text states so.
O&O

Far eyes

A/A

rikka

Added additional notes on Thalya's application and character sheet.
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Chulanowa

Sorry to do it, but i'm actually going to have to step out. I have more on my plate at the moment than I thought  :-\

Maybe next time!

FragarachZ

Sorry to hear that Chulanowa. Hope you have a good time with everything else on your plate!
O&O

Inerrant Lust

Anything I should know before I start making the crunch in earnest? Don't have much at the moment but I've always preferred to nail down the fluff before moving on, so I would like to know if there's any issues before then. ;)

FragarachZ

Crunch away. If possible do make him at least 18yo though, else all the succubi and shadow temptresses will be sad.
Ah, and as the lightbearer you get starting gold instead of initial equipment from background and class... do roll for a trinket though. The first post of the game will detail how you lost all your stuff in Latun, and basically you had to assemble your posessions anew, knowing what you were already given by Lux... which you won't know until the game starts, so. Basically, you'll shop at startup since the last brush of character creation for you will be during the story.

I wrote the most important things in the opening post so if you read that you're good. One thing I forgot to note initially was that variant humans are available, so if someone playing a human wants to pick the feat choice over the balanced ability boosts, they can still go back and alter their character.

I expect this campaign will take the adventurers up to around 7th level, and the lightbringer lightbearer to 5th. Damn, now you guys had made me start doing. Grr. *notes down "Tarrasque with balloons" on a piece of paper*

O&O

Far eyes

Quote from: FragarachZ on February 17, 2015, 12:19:03 AM
I expect this campaign will take the adventurers up to around 7th level, and the lightbringer lightbearer to 5th. Damn, now you guys had made me start doing. Grr. *notes down "Tarrasque with balloons" on a piece of paper*

Dont do it or i will start an alignment discussion :P

A/A

tuckers02

Did they ever fix the obvious flaw in the Tarrasque that was in 3.5?  I've always wanted to baleful polymorph the tarrasque into an immortal/invulnerable puppy.

Togashi

Well a number of times a day it can fail a saving throw, and then choose instead to succeed. It also has some magic immunity and reflectionabilities. I would say it got fixed.

FragarachZ

It's been more terrifying before. It was demoted from "almost godzilla" to "big monster" level.

...if only it had a breath weapon and judo moves.*sigh*

Don't worry though, you don't have to deal with the tarrasque here. You only have to banish the god of darkness.
O&O

Far eyes

A/A

FragarachZ

Tomorrow I'm assembling (hopefully two) groups with the characters.

So far I have the sheets for:

Evelynn (abjurer wizard) - Autocad
Thalya (wild mage sorcerer) - rikka
Varis (beast master ranger) - Togashi
Alyssa (champion fighter) - tuckers02
Anna (battlemaster fighter) - Far Eyes
Al'Rhayel (circle of the moon druid) - Miroque

Muse and Inerrant Lust, please post the links for the filled out mythweaver character sheets here or send them to my PM box ASAP. Posting your characters backstory would be good as well, so the other players can think about how they'd join up, relate to your lightbearers. Once I have your sheets, we have two groups of four heroes ready to save the world (hopefully).

Everyone, please double check your sheets, see if you calculated your hit points and AC correctly, if you have a trinket, if your bonds, flaws, and character personalities match your character alignment. At the start of the game, the party will already be together for some time, and we will begin on the group's own ship.

And now, bedtime for me~

*dreams of epic challanges that await the heroes*
O&O

Miroque

Al'Rhayel, Acolyte of the Moon Mysteries. Girl with feral eyes, known to stalk prey with pack of mountain lions. Local populance knows about the coven of witch women at the forest, and know better not to enter their domain, without being invited to do so, or to bring gifts.

Last few years, the number of large felines have been twingling as more and more men cut the trees. Outside the forest, where mens rule the kingdoms of man, End of the world happened. The moon was locked into never ending Eclipse casting the world into twilight. Cult of the Moon rejoiced, until the event never ended. Sure, their powers were multiplied by the never ending full moon, but as the moon was full, their feral side toke over and never left. Being natural shapechengers, their power was almost like those cursed by lychantrophy.

Now, Al'Rhayel seeks ways to return the natural order, by force if nothing else helps, fighting the feral instincts day to day.